Accidentally on purpose SF Franklin recap

922C6C08-DA18-4185-853E-96DBC2B3465F.

(Disclaimer slash excuse: The lovely and always amazing Silverfox left this comment at the end of the last thread, and I think we all have missed her insightful words so much in Davidland, that I’m posting them below… yes, I should have asked her permission, but instead, I’ll ask her forgiveness.* 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼)

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 3.50.21 PM.png

OK. Yes, I saw him in Sellersville and I saw him in Pittsburgh with Sandybeaches. But in Franklin, Well….

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!??? IS HE FOR REAL?

As I watched David on stage, completely mesmerized and stunned by him again & again, I could not help but think, THIS! This is WHY!

The answer to the questions by some friends and family who wondered why in years past, I went to as many concerts as I possibly could in support of this young man.

I used to wonder how there could be some people who couldn’t see in him what his fans could see. I don’t mean his character, his compassion and his goodness which was obvious to everyone. I’m talking about his “potential” to become the ARTIST he is now.

He was always a joy to watch on stage to be sure, BUT NOW? He is MORE. He has opened the floodgates! He has taken the reins of his life and he is a man who, with his faith to guide him, has reached literally with his new album, for the stars.

With his new found confidence to do what is good & right for himself, he now has the courage to do what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants.

To see this brave new David is a wonder to behold and so very appealing and attractive. Courage to say what you feel to be heard like the lyrics in “Postcards In The Sky” can bring clarity and light to our lives and in David, his light, his aura, is blinding when he speaks.

And then there’s the music. The voice. The emotion.

#davidarchuleta #otherthingsinsight

A post shared by Shelley (@shell_eeeyyy) on

He can make a grown man cry or soothe a woman’s soul, or give hope to a teenager, or calm a crying baby so deep is the emotion he exudes.

And when he rocks? Well, one look at the videos of his up-beat performances answer that question and if still in doubt, one only has to see his ending of ALTNOY or Higher Ground to put any doubts to rest that he is pretty much one of the most E L E C T R I F Y I N G performers today.

This is all you need to see tonight. @davidarchie #davidarchuleta end of Higher Ground #Nashville

A post shared by Mary Lou (@pastelpastelpastel) on

No need for background singers. His voice is all it takes. Dancers? Ha! HE OWNS THE STAGE when he moves! (Who knew? He’s Latino! How could he NOT have some hot moves!) Pyrotechnics? Nah! David’s inner light shines bright.

Proof is in the first picture above taken by TOfan which is, IMO, one of the most beautiful pictures of David taken by a fan I have ever seen. David’s essence, his joy at doing what he loves is so clear and so beautiful in that picture.

One more thing, David’s IG videos? Can I just say again, WHO IS THAT AND WHAT DID HE DO WITH DAVID? I take offence at him calling David “scrawny”! Small, yes. But a GIANT ON STAGE, thank you very much!

That is all.

~ Dee aka Silverfox

*jk, SF, if you want me to take it down, I will. But it’ll hurt like the dickens. 🙂

p.s.

DAVID IS FINALLY DOING AN ACTUAL SHOW IN CANADA, Y’ALL! A CHRISTMAS SHOW TO BOOT! THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!

Here’s the Calgary venue… it looks gorgeous! Tix on sale Friday at 10:00 a.m. MST! (thanks for the heads up, Diana!)

p.p.s.

The actual ArchAngel Abrra made an mp3 of this incredible acoustic Numb performance, download HERE.

p.p.s.s.

ICYMI – David’s last epic IG storypalooza

p.p.s.s.s.

The wonderful @trentdabbs . So here's the story with him: Trent took part in writing 3 songs on the new album with me: "Say Me," "Other Things in Sight," and "Numb." If I'm not mistaken, Trent may have been the first person I met with in Nashville to start writing when I got back from my mission. That first day we met the idea for "Say Me" came about. We needed a little extra inspiration after we had the first verse, and so called up writer/producer Jeremy Bose and went over to his studio to finish the song. The same trio for "Say Me" brought the throwback groovin' "Other Things in Sight." Speaking to Trent that first day helped me realize I could speak about how important my mission was and to keep that change in me incorporated in my life and keep it going. The most pivotal writing moment I've had so far was probably with Trent and producer/writer @jskenney writing "Numb" where I realized I could incorporate those changes not only into my personal life, but into my music. When I wanted to quit on music to stay away from a place that left me feeling so empty before, speaking with Trent and Jamie helped me realize God could be a part of every moment and everything that I did, and there were people like them I could team up with to make it happen. Working with Trent was the beginning of me finding that I could be heard speaking up about what mattered most to me, and that my own voice was important. Thanks Trent for being a positive influence in this journey I've been on the past few years! Thanks for listening to how important spirituality and God being a part of everything I do is to me, and helping me find a way to express that in music. #storytime #postcardsinthesky #songwriting #trentdabbs

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

This entry was posted in Fan experience. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Accidentally on purpose SF Franklin recap

TOfan and SF. I read your words in awe and with tears streaming down my cheeks. Just “Yes” and “Just David!”

I most definitely have to get to.the Calgary Xmas show. Not only to celebrate Christmas and David, but to see Awestruck and hubby and all Canada friends and fans. Love to all at SAz!

2. Anonymous says:

Oh my, the joy! Thank you SF, TOF, and all the Snowanglez elves, wherever you live. I am finally back in my happy place since I missing the [what’s a word that means more than epic?] Franklin concert. I’ve been thinking hard about David’s little rant-and-message and realized that I’ve been labeling myself very negatively, it is TIME to turn this around. I’m switching to David’s Christmas music (along with a few classics, yeah) and my heart is going to grow 3 sizes. Thank you my friends.

3. MissBianca says:

4. davidarchiefan4life says:

coming out of lurkdom to say thank you for this wonderful post, SF.

TOfan is quite correct, have missed reading your thoughts about David and his music. You would always say something that rings so true, with such love and true appreciation. What a wonderful time to be a David fan.

5. TOfan,

Why in the world would I want you to take this down?! I’m honored and touched. Thank you!
    I have to admit David doesn’t make it easy to write about his performances because there are almost no words that do him justice. He’s always given his all, in a 15000 seat arena way back when, or in small 350 seat theaters. I’ll be honest, given his extraordinary talent, he should be singing in venues like Carnegie Hall or Madison Square Garden (oh wait, he did sing at MSG way back in 2009 didn’t he?) I prefer the more intimate venues. I think you know what I mean.

I find it amazing that this man who I and many other fans used to describe as an “Enigma”, hard to figure out & unpredictable, but not anymore. He’s opened up, showed us who he is with no reservations, without fear of ridicule, rejection or criticism. He’s his own man, answering to no one but God. And still, with all his strengths, he’s so obviously a gentle and caring man. That’s just David. 😀

6. Pepper says:

Oh my, what a beautiful post. SF, your words are just what many of us feel , I’m sure. So magically and perfectly captured in your ‘recap’. With the words from SF, TOfan and David’s moving words. pure joy right here. “Electrifying” is a great word to describe David on stage and yes, he is his own man, thankfully. “That’s just David”. Yes. Thanks to all for sharing and caring.
    David coming to Canada with his Christmas show is another joy! ❤

had never heard of this song but sure sounds lovely with David singing it….

8. janey79 says:

ahhhh, silverfox. i pretty much agree with everything you said.
    ps. it was great seeing you!
    ppss. i’m pretty much in love with trent and jamie at the moment. how lucky are we that those gents came into D’s life at just the right time?

9. tawna21 says:

Yes! Yes!! Everything Silverfox said!!!!

I love the person that David found on his way to finding himself!! ♥♥

posting here because I don’t think SF is on twitter:

Love this acoustic Invincible from the Phils radio station!

Is it my imagination or has David gotten WAY better on piano?? I don’t play so I’m not sure, but I used to notice it all the time, and now it just blends in beautifully. idk

12. Silverfox, reading your eloquent post made me flash back to the good ol’ days but we can all agree today is an infinitely better day for our guy David. He is his own man and we are all the luckiest fans for that!

13. Pepper says:

Wow, that really is a beautiful Invincible. I don’t play piano either but It seems to me he may have gotten better, seems to be a more easy flow. In fact I think he has gotten better is so many different ways, even though he always ‘had it’ big time. 🙂
    Great instagrams!

((((SF))))
    Your words are so beautiful and insightful! Sure have missed you!
    I enjoyed your recap so much!
    I’m so happy for David (and us) that he found the right songwriters to help him!
    Only good things can come from David and his new found “voice”

15. Anonymous says:

loved every word of your recap silverfoxe, have missed you in the fandom!

have y’all seen this? so cute