Tuacahn recap-ish…NEW @DavidArchie MUSIC!!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.27.46 PM.png
Okay, full disclosure, I am in Tuacahn and beyond verklempt at the new songs we heard tonight…I really hope you guys got to hear them on Periscope or any other means possible because they are both so raw and real and beautiful and so David, and and I wanted to hear both of them again as soon as the final notes were played.

I am still feeling overwhelmed (and jetlagged) so here are my random point form thoughts:

– the show reminded me of the first Idaho Falls show…David’s first solo show post-mission. Just how nervous he seemed at first to share new music with us, how emotional he got (and hey, when The Archuleta cries, we cry, amirite?). And how much love he seemed to feel from he crowd…feel so grateful to have been able to be there on this big night… Let’s call it Numb Eve.

– I loved how acoustic the show was but also Jumping Jack David was in fine form and has not lost an ounce of his Zero Gravity bounciosity, to use the technical term.

– and I have possibly mentioned my love for all things Ben Rector…so when David asked to take a picture slash video of himself with the audience (like Ben does) and asked us to make sure to look animated and excited, I def. had a moment… especially when he stopped to ask, “Am I blocking anybody??” Oh, David, please never ever change.

– my dream to see WFM live has been fulfilled!!!! And it was filled with free range soulful gahroovitude, to quote the lovely and amazing Beebee.

-My Hands is back!!!!!!!!!? *Cartwheels* ( but TMH is gone because David would never violate the little known local injunction against having two Hands songs in the same show)

– oh and mighty fine footwear, David …A++++++

Gotta go rest up for some Numb buying tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry this is so disjointed and strange…that about sums me up lol.)

Image | This entry was posted in Fan experience. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Tuacahn recap-ish…NEW @DavidArchie MUSIC!!!!!

1. tawna21 says:

Watching …..

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee

Absolutely love Numb! Such a great song and a great sound, can’t wait to purchase it tomorrow!

4. Anonymous says:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee

Tina’s Periscope!!!!

6. Anonymous says:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeep
    What a concert! Everything TOfan said is TRUE!!!
    The new songs…. Oh my heck! They are exactly where I wanted David to go

Blackbird nearly melted me….

Gah

Thanks to the lovely Tina was able to see some of the show via periscope, sounded so good and his new songs…..love the sound of them, wow, beautiful. Love the covers he did too and of course Numb is so, so good! Congrats to David, it’s been a long process but he definitely seems so in his element now and yes, definitely worth the wait! Can’t wait for more music.
    TOfan, how terrific that you and others are there in Tuacahn! Love the picture taking too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Still in a haze from last night… did NOT see Higher Ground coming and it was Everything And More (sorry, couldn’t resist ๐Ÿ˜Ž) … proof positive (as if we needed any) that David can sing ANYTHING … blows me away that after all this time, he can still surprise us and leave us in awe… and his new songs had me in full-blown tears…just so beautiful and so David and so David… what do you guys think?? Do you have a favourite? I honestly can’t pick one.

• Kizzi says:

I don’t have a favourite. They were all ear worms! “7 Years” was awesome Even though in Florida, I am in tears too. David has an incredible gift and he has the wisdom and the maturity to use that power wisely. He has the maturity to think, speak and act his feelings within the bounds of dignity. He is spiritual in the the midst of his exploration of the purpose of life and love.

Just too much! Really. *sniff, sniff*

9. Poof says:

Hi TOfan
    I am sure I am not the only one who punched my way out of the “woodwork” to be thrilled with this concert! I sat in front of my computer clapping after each wonderful song. I Loved his new songs and can’t wait for the album. The joy and thrill he gives me never diminishes.

OMG, OMG, OMG. Thanks for the recap. Can’t wait to hear more. Love, hugs and kisses to all at SAz!

11. Jani says:

TOfan, thanks for sharing your Tuacahn time with us!! One more night!! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Grammyj says:

TOfan I am hoping you were at the fan lunch today where David and the band just happened to show up and sing Numb and Nunca Pense! The tweets from fans with pictures and videos were awesome. I am so happy for everyone that was there! David continues to surprise us. Oh, the Instagram story where he’s singing along to oldies is fabulous! David is back.

13. missbianca says:

Such excellent concerts, such a kind man, I was in tears at some point while watching videos and I don’t even know what put me over the edge.

I love the word “bounciosity” and need to work on my own bounciosity. Or at least chair dancing.

GrammyJ, I was at the fan luncheon where David pretty much gave everyone there a heart attack by sauntering in…I am still processing the amazingness of it all and feeling overwhelmed with gratitude…make no mistake, David does appreciate all the support over these years… he seems to be in such a good place right now ๐Ÿ™‚ and it warms my heart to no end… a huge virtual hug to one and all…what a time to be a David fan!!!

• Belle says:

Wow TOfan how incredible that David showed up at the fan lunch to mingle, what a fantastic concert weekend!! Thank you for your post! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Grammyj says:

Great! I am so glad you were there along with the mods from FOD. You certainly deserved to be surprised by David and serenaded by him after all the work you have done all these years maintaining a David fan site. I’m thrilled for you.

• amb4da says:

That fan luncheon surprise was epic, the Tuachan shows epic, the David who was on that stage finally seeming like he was in the “good place” you speak of above, and joyful about music and performing again (not that he hasn’t had his moments post-mission, but something emerged new to me those 3 shows)…it was like he was finally all back and yet in a new great place too. So glad to hear all you say above TOfan…especially the fan appreciation…yes, I believe it did need to be felt again…and for those of us not there this time..tks for passing that on.
      But I really came on here just now to say…whaaat? I just caught a FB Live?! (Unfortunately, didn’t actually catch it Live but…) Helloooo….any of you guys still missing vlogs?! ….Welcome to David Archuleta “Vlogs” 2.0! He sounded excited and promised more to come….what is going on herrre?! lol
      Wow…this week has been the start of something…..realllly good. โค๏ธ

15. mlpb3 says:

So happy for you, TOfan! What an awesome person and artist David is!

Also, looking forward to the release of “My Little Prayer” before Christmas!

16. tawna21 says:

TOfan,
    Can I just say….. ‘you got what you deserved’!!!! I’m so happy that you basically got a VIP … a photo of David (so what if it’s a group photo!) … up close and personal songs with him and the band … Kari was there in all her wonderfulness … AND it was free (no extra charge for the meet & greet — can’t beat that)!! True, you traveled how many miles and spent how many dollars, but those things just don’t factor in to this equation!! “amirite?” ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, yes, what a wonderful time to be a David Archuleta fan!! This man is like no one else — never will be. It’s so obvious that he truly loves us, as his fans. He appreciates all we’ve done for him in the way of support and endless waiting for him to find himself. All I can say is that he found an amazing person!! I’ll be a fan forever!!!

Thanks for bringing to life, for those of us watching a monitor of some sorts, this wonderful three day feast of Archuleta-ness!! โ™ฅโ™ฅ

omigosh, just got home, my head is still spinning from the weekend to end all weekends and of course the first thing I needed to do was check out the lovely and amazing Tina’s Tumblr:

Not sure who was having more fun here, the crowd or David, hahaha … can you see me & Refnaf there in Row G? ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t see you in row G, haha but so, so happy for you that you were there TOfan (and Refnaf) and of course everyone else who was there. What a superb, fun experience and so glad you were at the fan luncheon when David dropped in, how sweet is that! One heck of a memorable experience for you!
    I never cease to be amazed by David and his performances, his covers were awesome and his new songs sound beautiful, how can one pick a fave?
    Gotta love jumping David and the jumping crowd dancers! What a great time.

19. Anonymous says:

remind you of anyone? ๐Ÿ™‚

• amb4da says:

Go Ga-Ga! Love that.
      Yep, sure sounds like David too…so wise early on.
      Glad to hear some people in the crazy fame biz speak out like this & maybe even reshaping the biz in new ways. Encouraging thought that there will maybe be new opportunities to have that kind of career, put out music, perform, be successful and remain human and true-to-themselves too.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!! WHO IS THIS PERSON????

• Oliveoil says:

OMG OMG OMG HE IS REALLY BACK !!! He is connecting with his fans again and loving it . This makes me sooooo happy you all !!! His shows are better than ever. His voice is just amazing. His new music is more than awesome. And now …. The missing piece. David himself.

IT’S LIKE CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!!!!

• missbianca says:

โค โค โค โค โค
      I love this! Almost as much as I love Numb and that's a whole bunch!
      I tried to count the number of times he said "y'all" but I kept getting distracted. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Having lived a good part of my childhood in Tennessee, you'll never take the "y'all" out of me! Looks like David has fully embraced it.

21. emmegirl14 says:

Numb – Really, really like!
    Blackbird – A-mazing!
    Higher Ground – Excuse me!
    David – Uber talent!
    Band – Awesome, love them!

Video – most positive part of this election day!

(hope the y’all’s never go away)