Okay, full disclosure, I am in Tuacahn and beyond verklempt at the new songs we heard tonight…I really hope you guys got to hear them on Periscope or any other means possible because they are both so raw and real and beautiful and so David, and and I wanted to hear both of them again as soon as the final notes were played.
I am still feeling overwhelmed (and jetlagged) so here are my random point form thoughts:
– the show reminded me of the first Idaho Falls show…David’s first solo show post-mission. Just how nervous he seemed at first to share new music with us, how emotional he got (and hey, when The Archuleta cries, we cry, amirite?). And how much love he seemed to feel from he crowd…feel so grateful to have been able to be there on this big night… Let’s call it Numb Eve.
– I loved how acoustic the show was but also Jumping Jack David was in fine form and has not lost an ounce of his Zero Gravity bounciosity, to use the technical term.
– and I have possibly mentioned my love for all things Ben Rector…so when David asked to take a picture slash video of himself with the audience (like Ben does) and asked us to make sure to look animated and excited, I def. had a moment… especially when he stopped to ask, “Am I blocking anybody??” Oh, David, please never ever change.
– my dream to see WFM live has been fulfilled!!!! And it was filled with free range soulful gahroovitude, to quote the lovely and amazing Beebee.
-My Hands is back!!!!!!!!!? *Cartwheels* ( but TMH is gone because David would never violate the little known local injunction against having two Hands songs in the same show)
– oh and mighty fine footwear, David …A++++++
Gotta go rest up for some Numb buying tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
(Sorry this is so disjointed and strange…that about sums me up lol.)