The amazing, magical tell-all diary of a @DavidArchie @-reply recipient

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 5.00.31 PM

Still a little too not over this, folks.

Maybe because I had no idea how much this would change my life. I mean, pre-mission David replied to peeps all the time… well, not ALL the time, but every second full moon.

But everything’s different now. It’s like you’re invited into a super-special secret society I knew nothing about.

It’s been awesome but exhausting.

throne2Just finished making room for this new ArchuThrone in my tiny living room.

I don’t know where all the hand-maidens that came with it are going to sleep but at least they brought sleeping bags.

kanye-westAnd look who just came to fix my plumbing! (Heard he needed some extra cash.)

Took a while though. Couldn’t tear himself away from Twitter. Imagine that.

And the parties. Oh my. Forget Oscar season. David @ Reply Galas are where it’s at, my friends. Especially when you’re the only guest.

I had the Pokemon lounge all to myself. And the private Barbershop Concert was amazing. (David couldn’t make it and Barber Richard was a little pitchy, but still SO much fun.)

And I was just presented with this “Get Out of YouTube Jail Free” card! Numb, here I come!!!!

11-Get-Out-of-Jail-Free-Card

The @ Reply Committee even landed me a new job… just apprenticing for now with this great mentor, but I’m feeling really good about it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 4.36.32 PM

Following David’s example and trying to stay humble about all this, of course… wasn’t even going to share this shot of my new bff, but could not resist:

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 4.31.21 PM

Of course, these perks pale in comparison to what you get if David replies to you on IG…

I hear that involves hearing all his new demo tracks, a violin lesson from Kendra’s third cousin, Spanky Lowe, and best of all, front page coverage on FOD.

A girl can dream….

p.s.

p.p.s.

p.p.s.s.
Off-topic but not really….

“I’m a pianist. I’m playing my last concert Thursday night. Then I’m taking a sabbatical. Some of my friends think I’m crazy to step away now, but I don’t want to become a two-hundred-concert-per-year performing machine. It requires too much efficiency. And the efficiency burns you out. There is a lot of pressure when you perform at Lincoln Center or Carnegie Hall. People pay for those tickets and you must respect your audience. If you’re piloting a Boeing 777 with four hundred people on board, you aren’t going to try new maneuvers. You aren’t going to have fun or experiment. You don’t have time to stay in your dreams or ideas. You need to step back from the public eye so you have space to grow. I won’t say that taking time off makes you a ‘better’ musician, because I don’t like the word ‘better.’ It sounds competitive. But it does make you less of an automaton and more human. It’s like exploring a new continent. Time off is a space where you allow things to happen other than the known.”

A post shared by Humans of New York (@humansofny) on

“Pleasing people is a huge drive. Any artist who tells you otherwise is either selfish or autistic. Art is a communication, and it’s not incompatible with your integrity to desire an audience. A public performance is a miracle. You never know who’s watching, but you feel a communion between yourself, the audience, and the composer who wrote the notes two hundred years ago. But fuck the notes. The notes are not important. They were the composer’s only means of communicating. The important thing is what’s between the notes and behind the notes. My job as a pianist is to interpret. Why did the composer put that note there? I need to understand the moment preceding the note. And when that happens– when I can reach back two hundred years and connect to a composer’s humanity, even if I’m completely alone, it’s the same feeling of communion as when I perform in front of an audience.”

A post shared by Humans of New York (@humansofny) on

This entry was posted in Utter nonsense. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to The amazing, magical tell-all diary of a @DavidArchie @-reply recipient

1. lynnella says:

Well, you made my day. I absolutely laughed out loud at Spanky Lowe. I have to admit, when I was watching the Oscars and saw the guy from Chile give his acceptance speech, I immediately wondered if David was watching. Evidently not. But, the thing that sticks with me the most is, how things that happen that he has had a connection to, come to mind automatically. If I had never known of David, I wouldn’t have even paid attention to the mention of Chile. Funny how that works.

2. roxfox says:

Yes but how are you at wrangling sheep?

Getting a free out of YouTube jail card 😅😅
    Next he’ll be inviting you to make snowangelz on the gym floor. 😉
    Thanks for the giggles!

3. marin says:

I am in stitches here, have been away and catching up with your posts, thank you for so many belly laughs!

lynnella, “how things that happen that he has had a connection to, come to mind automatically” -exactly!

4. Abrra says:

“It has just been a whirlwind of glamour, let me tell you. I may even get a guest spot in an American Idol EXPERT Review Video *fingers crossed*”

Best sentence ever! Hahahaha!!

Abrra

Waaaaah!!!!
    Hilarious! I am def at your command!
    CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING!
    Also if any one deserves a tweet from the man it’s YOU!!!

6. missbianca says:

You have now attained Stratospheric Fan status. I am humbled to be among those LOLing at your blog.

7. Grammyj says:

I laughed out loud when I got to the picture of “your” house. It’s amazing how you have a palm tree in Canada lol. I was happy that he responded to your tweet as I knew you would write a funny post. Thank-you for your witty posts, and also thanks to David for his Instagrams and tweets. You both keep us entertained.

8. ray says:

another good one lol

9. TaterZen says:

Omigosh, TOfan… Do you know how much we love you for this stuff?

An invitation to the Reply Gala easily tops being the Homecoming Queen. I wonder if David knows you have totally earned the @. My Archuleta shrine pales in comparison to what you have going on now. The totality of the incident should generate endless posts, but not much will top this one. I started laughing when I got to the plumber and couldn’t stop. And now I am dying to have Spanky Lowe join the band. 😀

David has certainly gathered an interesting group of friends from near and far, from Chile to chilly, from Hopdoddy to Canada. Do you think this means I might have a chance?

If you and Tina Fey went head-to-head, Tina would lose big time. Hilarious is just not a passionate enough word to describe the delicious humor and wit witnessed above.

Thanks Ms TOfan for the beauty of your gorgeous wit, humor, love, graciousness, and humanity.

So glad you got a reply. Vive Chile!! And “The Bear Story!”

Just fyi, keep adding stuff to the end of the post. 🙂

• missbianca says:

Found this interesting in those IGs from the pianist. “The important thing is what’s between the notes and behind the notes.” I don’t know what this means, exactly, but I’m pretty sure David is great at it.

okay, WHAT is going on here?? I have been unable to keep up with this social media butterfly… he is obviously feelin’ FINE and wants to share. My name is TOfan and I approve this message.

And the soup nazis behind him?? DYINGGGGGG.

Well, congrats TOfan on getting a reply from the man! I agree, you definitely deserve it….and you should revel in the glory of it, haha. Love your humorous and brilliant mind and the way you put this post together! Have had a lot going on lately so just catching up on the last post too…chocked full of all kinds of goodness and hilarity!
    Interesting reading the IGs from the pianist. Yes, not really off topic and rather insightful I thought.
    Can’t pick a favourite part of this post becaue so much of it makes me laugh, 🙂

wooot! to the wooot! wooot! safe travels to all those going to Denver! #videoooooos

Rehearsing for upcoming @davidarchie concerts. Yeah!

A post shared by Brady Bills (@bradybills) on

Are the green feet David’s?

You vote:
    – 🙂 Yes
    – 😯 No

15. Abrra says:

I vote YES! Because they are huge!

Admit it TOfan you would pay for a peek in his shoe collection, if it does exist.

I honestly think he has a secret deal with all shoe companies to “test drive” products. He fills out the consumer checklist on each pair after wearing them, then gives them away. My research has shown that the soles don’t even have a chance to get dirty.Think about it, we rarely see the same pair more than once or twice.

Abrra

• missbianca says:

I vote yes as well. The toes are pointing out and they really look like his taste in shoes. I hope he goes a little more casual (read “green sneakers”) on this tour.

“My research has shown that the soles don’t even have a chance to get dirty” hahahahaha Abs, I don’t even want to KNOW how you did that research! LOL (and yes, I would pay for a VIP meet & greet with his shoe collection 🙂 )

• Abrra says:

I look at them when they are visible in any pictures. Not even a scuff or scratch. I started noticing on his solo tour. from there it became a game. When I get a chance, I forward some to you. maybe you can do an in depth analysis.

Abrra

• TaterZen says:

The Sole Man from Utah.

• marin says:

Chuckling away like crazy here at all your comments! And I vote yes that the green shoes are David’s, as TaterZen says, he’s got sole. 🙂

16. angelofdja says:

Bwahaha! Ouch…I shouldn’t have came here, I just had two teeth extracted and laughing out loud is painful!
    TOfan you’re hilarious! So are all the comments above!
    Gotta go though, my mouth hurts! 😜

17. angelofdja says:

Oh yeah, my vote is yes those are David’s green shoes! Only thing that would make me question it is the pants are too long; slightly baggy. Not his style, normally. Although he is often full of surprises! 🤔😜