From tears of Heaven to vlog heaven

I know we’ve all seen videos of “Heaven” already, but not like this. Nothing like this. It was filmed by a lovely lady named Keiko, who I was lucky to have met at MoTab in December. She flew there from Japan just to see David sing. And I am so glad she did the same for the Manila concert.

Oh my. That Voice. The look of pure love in his eyes as he looks out at the adoring crowd. The fog behind him as if we’re all sharing the same beautiful dream.

I am out of words for this guy, so I’ll leave you with some of his own:

“Lately every performance feels like I’m singing as if it’s the last time. That’s what I feel. I’m singing like it’s my last chance. Because you never know when you can see these fans again. So I just want to make sure that it’s good. I want to give my best because I never know when I’d get another chance to see the faces who are out in the crowd again.”
David Archuleta, Yahoo! Philippines interview.

Photo: KapanLagi.com

And some Ms. Kizzi posted at the end of the last thread:

…A good friend of mine sent me a book called The Growing Edge by Howard Thurman. Very inspirational and he describes this “growing edge:”

“It is the extra breath from the exhausted lung, the one more thing to try when all else has failed, the upward reach of life when weariness closes in upon all endeavor. This is the basis of hope in moments of despair, the incentive to carry on when times are out of joint and men have lost their reason, the source of confidence when worlds crash and dreams whiten into ash.”

2 other quotes from his writings:

“There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls.”

“’Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

Made me think of David’s The Star Online interview and the Jakarta and Manila concerts. He has embraced his “growing edge” and is pursuing what makes him “come alive.” No wonder we are inspired and uplifted when we hear his music. It’s just David, sharing his dream with the world. ~ Kizzi

P.S. From tears of Heaven to rotfling at these classic David vlog moments:

…slow-mo replay highlights ….

"I was eating what???"

"...goats' internal organs with ... soup??"

Now you see David...

... and now you don't.

… aaaaand here are the actual names of the dishes he had thanks to missy1727 on YouTube: Tapsilog, Sizzling Gambas, Bistek, Pork Sisig, Tokwa’t baboy and Papaitang Kambing. :O

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to From tears of Heaven to vlog heaven

1. NorthCarolinaGirl♥Marylee says:

For as long as I can remember..David has given us nothing less than his very BEST! It’s what sets him apart from the others. He is truly a “gem”… one in a million! ❤

~His latest HEAVEN performance is pure LOVE ♥

2. houstonrufus says:

Well, this is certainly a special performance. And Ms. Kizzi’s words on the matter are perfect as always.

That incredibly beautiful, amazing video is certainly a piece of heaven, thank you so much to Keiko for sharing it! I can’t seem to watch that video without some tears, it just wraps around your heart.
    “The look of pure love in his eyes as he looks out at the adoring crowd.” Yes, most definitely love shining through his eyes and his voice. The quote from David is so touching, the other quotes here are wonderful and so appropriate for David as are Kizzi’s lovely words.
    I really needed a piece of heaven right now and listening to David sing this song and pour out his heart in love and gratitude just goes beyond all that is earthly and changeable to me. I’m sure those emanations of love and rays of light that he leaves will always remain, sent out across the world, never to be diminished.
    Thank you David and thanks TOfan for a special post, love it.

I see David has a new video blog up, will let someone else bring it over. Gosh, have to thank David again, his joy and his natural humour are just plain lovable! Thanks again David, you truly did uplift my day. Had to lol at this one. He is the best.

peppertara, I was thinking of you when first listening to the grainy Heaven on the taped uStream and hoping it was just what you needed to hear at this sad time … and happy to hear D’s vlog brightened your day, I know it did mine!!! big {{{{hugs}}} to you!

4. NorthCarolinaGirl♥Marylee says:

….his latest video blog came in after I posted ~can I just say how utterly precious/charming/hilarious I think he is?! Sorry.. but “precious” will ALWAYS be a word I am compelled to use when describing David…that’s what he is to his fans & it’s simply because he’s just “David”…keeping it real~ Best of the Best! ❤

That vlog is sheer happiness wrapped in pure joy with ribbons of sparkling bliss. What a gift!

TOfan. Thanks for posting this Heaven video from Keiko. So professionally done. Just beautiful. So alive, so alive….wheeeeeeeeeeeee…..

Marylee, “precious/charming/hilarious” just about wraps it up! lol

Some pics of David riding a Jeepney (no idea what that is, lol, some sort of cab?) from @xmond (more HERE on Odyssey FB page):
    jeepney

…and at the Sony Music Philippines offices:
    SonyMusicPh

7. Heidijoy says:

Wow! I woke up this morning with the words “message in a bottle” going in my head over and over.
    I saw the Vlog just before bedtime and couldn’t wait to get to the computer this a.m. to see what else had transpired. It’s a good thing I’m retired as there is so much happiness,admiration,cuteness overload,beauty,inspiration,joy,love,joy,oops I’m starting to repeat myself. I’m loving this Asian trip and the love David is giving and receiving. That added version of Heaven is beautiful and the video also includes his Hollywood version which is always a joy to see/hear again.
    Love Kizzi’s quotes and words.
    Thank you Tofan and all for keeping us up to date.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers Peppertara.
    Precious/charming/hilarious works too NorthCarolina girl!

LOVing the updates on the new OS! wow, what a concept! lol

Behind the scenes of David & “his” band 🙂 leaving the Jakarta airport:

Soundcheck Jakarta:

Press conference, Jakarta:

Ponds Teens video contest winners (including @scpancake!!!) meet David:

After the Jakarta concert:

PLUS!!!!!! Two short “prequel vids of LA rehearsals!!! (is it Christmas already?!?!?)
    FS rehearsal:

E&M rehearsal:

… prequel videographer needs to borrow Keiko’s camera, lol, just sayin’ 😆

Was waiting for this post! This performance is too good for it not to have it’s own post 🙂

I showed the Heaven video (not this one, the sepia one) to someone who’s not really a David fan but who I thought might appreciate it. They watched the whole thing, and the 2 comments they made were that he is looking older and that they were impressed with the person’s videoing skills. Seriously? What about his vocals? The raw emotion? I will never get how other people don’t get David. But I feel so blessed that I do 🙂

Haven’t gotten a chance to watch the vlog or the behind the scenes vids yet. Keeping up with this Asian tour takes up a lot of time! lol

hahahaha, abanana, it sure does! And after that looooong drought, I’m totally out of practice, lol.

David busts out EAM acaflippinpella at the San Lazaro signing:

11. pandasmama says:

Hello all, tried to post twice yesterday and each time when I clicked “post” the entire comment disappeared. This time I’m making it short and sweet. I wrote a new poem about David’s epic Asia tour. It’s posted on my blog at http://www.cacophonyvsharmony.blogspot.com . Hope you like it.

Hahaha just watched the vlog. he is too cute. I love when he was pronounciating the food and then he just stares at the camera “I don’t know if I’m saying it right” hahahhaa

Just went over to the OS for the first time in a while. Did not realize they were posting amazing pics from the concerts and soundchecks and stuff!!!

pandasmama, sorry for your technical difficulties, will check out your poem now!

abanana, I only saw that today too! And I watched the rehearsals vids & saw at the end that there were a couple of people sitting at the back (front?) of the room … and they did not clap when he was finished???? Is that rehearsal etiquette or something? How could anyone remain so calm and blase with that voice live in the same room? 😯

awww, Asia has a SilverFox too! 🙂

Great pic of the crowd at the Araneta arena:

David’s arrived in Vietnam!!!

Vietnam 1
    This one has that “Gosh, where did they park?” look, lol:
    Vietnam 2
    Vietnam Fans

awwwww, “reach out to me touch my haaaaaaand” 😆

TMH Vietnam

More great pics HERE.
    and HERE.

16. rocktellme(Keiko) says:

Hi, this is Keiko. Thank you so much for taking my video ‘Heaven’ up here:)))
    I’m so happy to know you guys love this. Basically we all love David sings ‘Heaven'( or we all love whatever he sings), but didn’t have a chance to listen to it live so much. I went to Jakarta and Manila to see David’s 2 shows there, and could luckily feel his heart via his real voice.It was heaven to me. It was a gift from David. I’m glad I could share it with you:)))

• archiesfan4life says:

Hi Keiko! So glad you got to go to those concerts and thanks for that video of Heaven!

• rocktellme says:

Hi, thank you so much for your commnet:))) It’s always FUN for me to see how much David is loved by his fans. And I thank David for his existence:)))

{{{{{{Keiko!!!!!}}}} big hugs to you! Your vid is incredible, so happy you got to be there! And saw on Twitter that you were able to send the TOSOD Asia CD out to so many of your fellow fans in Japan, that’s so awesome!!!

Love this pic of David looking out at the Vietnamese fans at the airport (from the bus) and soaking it all in!!! Even more pics HERE.

Vietnam bus

• rocktellme says:

Hi, thanks again:))))) {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} back!!!!!
      I didn’t read the ‘interview’ on this your posting and now I knew how David thought of his concerts in Asia, which impressed so much.
      Yes I had preordered ATE a lot for my friends in Japan when I found its release:)
      Thank you for posting his beautiful picture above.I feel The light of aspiration on his face. Love this:)))

I’m not really into pic spamming but, dang, he just looks SO HAPPY! … and his age!!! lol These are from today’s Vietnam Press Conference:

Press conf 1
    Press conf 2
    Press conf 3
    press conf laughing

LOTS more HERE.

• Heidijoy says:

Spam away Tofan!! Love the reception in Viet Nam and yes David looks so happy and soooooo handsome. Loving all this Asia love. Thank God for peace in Viet Nam.

Your wish is my command, lol! Great pics of the Vietnam Press Conference & Tour around the venue from Pinoy Archies FB HERE.

• Kizzi says:

Awwwww those pictures are too much. The one with the lavender flowers is quite gorgeous…one of my most favorite colors and this particular shade of purple is affiliated with refinement along with grace, elegance, and something special. Great choice of flowers!!!!

“The giving of love is an education in itself.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt. And hooo boy! This Asia trip has schooled us as to a love that can flow between fans and their most revered singer/songwriter. What an education! I want a PhD in this please. 😀

Just saw the “Welcome to Vietnam” David tweeted about, ohmyheck too adorbs … and all the food shots! LOLOL No wonder he loved it! bahahahaha

*sniff* *sniff* *sniff* This is at least a 5 tissue video…to catch the tears of joy *sniff* *sniff*

We love you this big David Archie

Description: “In preparation for giving David and his team a very special warm welcome, Vietnamese fans of David Archuleta made this video. He tweeted that he watched it today.”

I’m no Grinch but my heart just swelled 3 times it size from watching it. *sniff*

Love will light the way
    I see you waiting for me
    I see you smile tenderly
    Deep in this world we are one
    Deep in this world we can be

Anything we want to, anything we’ll ever need
    Caring for each other, helping everyone that’s here, you see
    Love will always light the way