David Archuleta sent tears to my smile

Entire Ribbon in the Sky (incl. middle section!) from JTTRYON20 (rotated by @MaggieFOD!):

Ribbon in the Sky: Parts 1&2

How many times has David Archuleta done this to me? Countless times. And now one more.

How about you?

Awestruck

p.s. And check out the amazing vids of David Archuleta basketball star on the amazing emilyluvsarchie’s youTube channel! (Her “more info” descriptions are hiLARious!)

Duffy’s Hope: Goin’ in: Practically begs not to go in lol…gets forced in huddle..wild arm gestures..what the hush cats is that boy doing?? lol..nervous chatter..how adorable..buzzer goes off..uh ohhhh times to play sir!

“Playin bball!!!”

Duffy’s Hope: Practice Shooting:Β hh david lol..fiddlin around haha..its warm up time sweetheart.. i mean i know ur already hot enough…but warmin up doesnt necessarily have anything to do with ur hottness lol ;)..oh oh oh is he gonna do somthing?? ah i think so! ah he shoots! yayy D! picture time! aww thats the cute little girl that sang the national anthem! ooh yay gonna shoot again maybe? goo david goooo πŸ™‚

Amazing slideshow of the VIP session & game from @muldur!
Vodpod videos no longer available.

p.p.s. Thank you @AleshaRenee,Β @emilyluvsarchie,Β @muldurΒ and HPfanRinnie for the YouTube version!!!!

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to David Archuleta sent tears to my smile

Seems like old times, but new, different…more please.

Yeah, more of dat soulful thang!!

Eeeeeeeep!

awestruck, “tears to my smile” is right… it’s happened so many times, I’ve lost track… heck, even The Riddle at times. And I got seriously dehydrated by MoTab, let me tell you. πŸ™‚ But Sunny is right, they are most definitely tears of joy, of love… God at work, indeed.

And believe it or not, I emailed this on Friday to a friend going to the bball game: “can’t believe he’s not gonna spontaneously break out into song … heck, if he grabbed a megaphone and leapt onto a desk at a book signing, who knows what could happen?”

😯

I. am. toast.

oh, and FanScene has a great tweet recap from @DebVaFOD who was there… I thought this comment was very interesting: “One of the organizers approached us afterward to thank us for coming & ask if we had a good time. Very nice. We asked why he didn’t sing. She said, “his management wouldn’t let him.” Hmmm…..”

3. jackryan4DA says:

Yup TOfan — toast; plastered to whatever you happen to be, upon listening to that; goner; Daid.

In another vein, and w/ advanced apologies to those attached to any of the AI10 finalists — but I think they should see this RITS performance.

1. That’s the optimal & intelligent use of the growl. You employ it for emphasis – not to mask the weak quality of your vocals (yes am looking at you Reinhart).

2. That’s how you use your chest tone effectively, instead of belting out & reaching for the high notes all the time. Makes for a better transition, timely modulation and more emotive expression. No jarring or overwrought or detached delivery (Yes am looking at you Stefano, Lusk, Durbin & Pia)

3. That’s how you render the lyrical and melodic content of a musical piece – despite being inexperienced. You let the emotional content of a song travel through the richness or plaintiveness of your voice, thereby traversing the space between the singer and the listeners (You bet am looking at you Scotty, Thia, Alaina, Casey & Pia)

And that was an impromptu. Geesh…

(((((Awestruck)))), when I first saw Sunny’s tweet I was gobsmacked>> completely describes what David can and does do, over and over again. He does show God at work.
    This is all tooo cooool. I really was hoping we would see him play and sing, but was seriously doubting it would happen, and now here we are with all these perfect little pieces of vid….and a the RITS clip, gah, I .can’t. even.

Very interesting tidbit from DebVaFOD β€œhis management wouldn’t let him.” Hmmm…..” <<<< who could it be????

JR!!!! Thanks for your rundown on the AI10…. I have not been watching…. but have been hearing bits and pieces and what you have described, wow, well said. There is no oe who can do it like David, and that is a fact!!

TOfan> want some eeeeeeeeeeeep to put on that toast????

6. djafan says:

Tofan,

I’m burnt toast πŸ™‚ Can’t even imagine what’s in store for us without getting all giddy πŸ™‚

What an awesome thing to wake up to this morning πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Wow we fans were spoiled yesterday πŸ™‚

I love this tweet I saw this morning from Y_J_fan: “Always wondered what a grown-up Star Search David would sound like. Now we have a glimpse” YES. So true!

Happy Sunday all πŸ™‚

8. joymus says:

All I have to say to “Management” is: Take That! You can’t put a muzzle on natural-born talent!

joymus, dja & abanana,
    yes, the Soul Man from Utah is baaaaack! (not to mention the beanie! πŸ™‚ ) I seriously think David needs his only weekly show on the Food Network, visiting mom & pop restaurants around the world, sampling recipes and ending each show with a surprise soulful serenade just like that there. πŸ™‚

Thanks awestruck. Well, like everyone else I am a piece of toast too, more so I think than the toast I had for breakfast. πŸ™‚ That soulful David….gets me every time! Gosh, would love to hear David do that song in concert, whoa. No doubt about it, David is the mega sports star of music. He does a slam dunk every single time. Just him, his voice, heart, mind and soul…nothing else needed.
    Love that “Sent tears to my smile”. Says it all.
    Who knew that a charity basketball event could turn into something so captivating, enchanting, entertaining and thirst quenching. Seems the ‘drought’ is winding down and we all better hang on for what’s up ahead. πŸ™‚
    TOfan, I could definitely see David ending a show on the Food Network with a soulful serenade, haha (after a lot of great eating of course)!
    Wondering about David’s management too, hmmm.
    Loving all the great videos from the event, David is awfully cute on that court!
    Thanks to all the great fans who supplied us with all the goodies and thanks to wonderful Abrra for the MP3!

Well, I’m done… done-in, doneout, doneover doneunder and everything in between.

JR, I didn’t totally understand the technical aspects of everything you said, but…
    I LOVED everything you said. Impromptu schmomptu…that don’t scare me, I’m David Archuleta.

No surprise he knew RITS, so why am I always surprised.
    (Oh bother, now I badly need to see that one performed live, in concert…too.)

peppertara, a toast to toast! πŸ˜†

emme, loved this! “From the too adorable for words what-the-heck-am-I doing-here moments of the bbl game to the okay-THIS-is-my-wheelhouse-now-I-own-you soulful belting of RITS I have once again been slayed by the incomparable Mr. Archuleta.” and ditto!!!!

After rewatching & listening, ahem, several times, it looks as though someone there requested that song in particular and even though he sort of knows it (jukebox & Stevie fan that he is), he had to look up the lyrics using someone’s phone and try to remember how the whole song goes … in other words, without rehearsing it or even knowing it super well, THAT’s how he feels it, lives it and, as JR pointed out, slays us with the soul and story of it. *burnt toast*

12. janey says:

TOfan, omygosh! your Food Network idea! it’s one of our most talked about subjects among my bff-roadie buddies! about 2 months ago we were all up late/early discussing this very topic. we decided David and Melinda (think ODDest couple) should travel around together ( i think she tweeted once about David + food adventures, lol) and finish each segment standing on a table with a bull horn singing. great minds!! btw, If David ever wants to change careers…talk about a reality show!

btw, Sammy, of Sammy’s Cafe in Provo, tweeted the other day he was on his way to NYC to meet with The Food Network.

too funny, Janey! I wasn’t even kidding about that either, I can totally see him doing that. And he wouldn’t have to change careers, he could still do music as his main gig, this could just be a sideline. Between his enthusiasm about food, discovering new mom & pop ethnic joints, love of travel (and of course people would tune in to the whole show if they knew they’d get to hear him sing at the end!), I think it would truly be a hit! (minus Melinda! πŸ˜† … maybe foodie guest stars like Jamie Oliver β™₯ )

New RITS vid!

I’ve posted a new Ribbon in the Sky vid at the top of the post that includes the missing bit in the middle … WARNING: πŸ™‚ excellent sound quality! … just turn your head to the left, to the left! πŸ™‚

And the amazing mp3-goddess Abrra has done it again (from this new vid): download HERE.

14. janey says:

TOfan, we weren’t kidding either, lol.

15. janey says:

TOfan, one more idea we’ve passed around; occasionally, fans could dine with him for charity.

Win. Win.Win.

16. jackryan4DA says:

Dine with him w/ different cuisine – since he is into trying new food and he has international fans

Wouldn’t that be the perfect synergy?

17. canarchaudry says:

I can’t help but wake up from lurking and express my gratitude to your recap of all the photos, videos of the Duffy’s Hope charity ball and my gratefulness to the awesome peeps who unselfishly shared those moments with everyone that can’t be there πŸ™‚ I tell you..David just lighted up the court and can’t help but smile as I went thru each frames and videos some of which were hilariously adorable!!!!!!
    and….for me, the icing of the cake was hearing him cover the song by Stevie ‘Ribbon in the Sky’, There is just something special about David when he sings that stirs our emotions into mush, toast it if you will haha…or he can do whatever he wants with it and we are a goners lol!!! Sunny Hilden quoted..”His awesome new cover ballad just sent tears to my smile. THAT’S God at work”…..Yep, He is blessed with an amazing gift that can do wonders, can hardly wait to hear him sing the new cover ballad :)))

Btw, I think The Food Network with David is a yummy idea, Tofan!!!:)))) we can all
    contribute a recipe on each segment of the show..of course, do-able by David haha…
    like…something easy, then he’ll sing at the end of the show!…well, idk…it’s just a follow up thought πŸ™‚

K, sorry for the long rambling….back to lurking lol..

canarchaudry, nice to “see” you! πŸ™‚ de-lurk anytime! I can’t wait to hear the new cover song either … and maybe after the awesome response he got in the restaurant, he’ll consider adding RITS to his repertoire too. *hopes*

And even if he doesn’t end up on the Food Network, he could still open a chain of Thai-Honduran-Chilean-smoothie restaurants! πŸ˜†

Update!
      Added rotated (thanks to @MaggieFOD) version of the new RITS vid to the top of the post!

So is everyone still alive after reading David’s last tweet???? πŸ™‚

While we await this “cleaner” vlog version of RITS … excuse me … ASDFLKASJFLKASDJFZS;LKDJGLAJHGKEWUOWQIUERT[QPI0593UO5QL34L5N,ANFLJFL;AKGAL;KJFOIURO5IU3O45IO34U54OUO53U

…k, feel better now … here’s a great recap “David Archuleta Takes over Delaware” from “Pop City Life” :

This past Saturday David showed off his basketball skills for fans at Duffy’s Hope 1st annual Hollywood Invades the Beach Charity Basketball Game in Lewes, Delaware. We were there to cover it all for you guys. David was joined on the court by celebs such as actor Wesley Jonathan, American Idol contestant Jimmie Allen, and even his mom Lupe!

Pictures and review:
    The day started out with a VIP meet and greet featuring all the celebs seated at a table in the auditorium outside of the gym. David sat at the end graciously signing and taking pictures with all who came, including the state trooper patrolling the room. After this, they all took to the floor for the National Anthem and some warm up drills. David came out all smiles trying his best in his number 7 jersey. While he might have missed all of his shots, he definitely showed A++ for effort. He seemed apprehensive when approached about actually playing in the game. After some coaxing from his mom and BET star Alesha Renee, David took his spot in the lineup.

In between playing on the court, David signed autographs for the fans on the bleachers and took photographs for those who came up and asked. David’s mom gave him the play by plays throughout the game as they watched from the sideline. Bobbing along to the music the DJ was playing, David cheered on his teammates. The game was a close one with the celebs winning 79 to 78 against the locals.

After the game, we caught up with David. He had a lot of fun even though he claims he’s “really bad at basketball.” David’s very excited to be working with the new band and looks forward to getting out there and seeing the fans.

All you Archuleta fans get excited, David tells us more appearances are to come. David’s a sweetheart and definitely a favorite here at Pop City Life. It’s always great catching up with him. He’s very appreciative for the continued support from all the fans.

Pics and rest HERE.

Great write up from Pop City Life. Aw, they love David. Just saw David’s latest tweet and it’s really going to happen…David singing in a Blog and RITS….!!!!
    Will be waiting patiently for this, we’re waiting David. Anytime you are ready. πŸ™‚

20. Angelica says:

awestruck,

Thanks for a great post with lots of goodies to savor. I thought I was done to a turn yesterday after watching the vids of his adorableness at the game. He brought tears to my smile then when I laughed so hard at his predicament. πŸ˜† Then that soulful RITS appeared! I am burnt to a crisp. Now he tweets he wants to give us a “cleaner version” of it in a vlog? I can not stand it. What comes after burnt?

JR, you are so right.

21. Angelica says:

OK I found out what comes after burnt. I am vapor. Or I have the vapors.

He did it.

Vlog RITS mp3 courtesy of Absolute Archies, download HERE.

Paula was right, he is ri.di.cu.lous.

Can I just say how wonderful it is to see him sing without a mic blocking his face????/
    how good is that????
    Back to being daid

Whoa David, thank you, thank you, thank you! I bow down to your random blog A Capella beautiful singing! That was gorgeous. How many artists will do that and sound that good? Just David, that’s all.
    What an absolutely wonderful treat to come home to at the end of my day and yes…no mic in his face, simply superb and such a wonderful thing to do for his fans. He’s asking for some song suggestions in case he sings again in his blogs?? Yikes, the David twitter world just may explode, lol.

25. jackryan4DA says:

This is just a fly-by – if not yet done,

MP4 of VLOG 20110418

MP3 of RITS vlog ver (320 kbps)

And in case you missed it earlier, MP4 of @jttryon20 flipped

Enjoy!

26. jackryan4DA says:

Dang I forgot that it will await moderation if I posted more than 2 links.

Dear ADMIN – i just posted mp4 & mp3 of the epic RITS — in case not yet done

Ciao! Gotta run

So this is late, but I was just rewatching the RITS video (of course) and it always surprises me how when he finishes a song like that he transforms back from crazy, soulful, ridiculous singer almost instantly into giggly, regular David. It really shouldn’t surprise me at this point but it still does. It’s like, he just finished these insane runs and killed everyone watching, and then it’s over and he just continues his vlog like nothing happened. How does he do that?? It seriously is almost like a transformation.

New post/thread!