Happy International Hug Day!

In honour of International Hug Day, I’d like to send out a huge hug to all of you … and to the king of one-armed hugs, Mr. David Archuleta!

What’s your favourite ArchuHug? Take this trip down memory lane and place your vote below! *squishes*

The Alex Good-Bye

The Natasha Surprise                                              The Gaga Grab

Jorvid!              Cookchuleta!

My personal favourite!

Christmas classic

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Happy International Hug Day!

Bringing this over from end of last thread, from abanana77:

Love this video! So many little gems that had been forgotten (by most, I’m guessing). And all the outfits he wore during the results nights. Hahaha, loving the double popped collar 😛

I won’t be watching American Idol this year. I dunno, it just doesn’t interest me. I’ve actually only ever watched the one season with David. I’m sure I’d seen the show before that but never followed it at all. Just a fluke really that I watched David’s audition episode in the first place (a bunch of my friends from my floor in residence were watching so I just tagged along) and then I got hooked. But I’ve never really felt the urge to watch it again after that. Super random, but I did use to watch Canadian Idol a lot… I think the difference was it aired during the summer and I had nothing better to do in the summers, haha.

2. bella says:

You chose some great hugs!! I picked the Lupe hug because of the awwww ♥ factor but my fave hug (it’s not listed) was the one with Leslie Roy! 🙂

3. bella says:

It’s not very clear but you can see it was an enthusiastic two-armed hug. http://davidarchuletavn.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/david-archuleta-and-lesley-roy-2-armed-hugs-6.jpg oops, guess I spelled her name wrong too. It’s Lesley.

LesleyRoy hug

Hahahaha I love his awkward one-armed hugs! ❤

Happy International Hugs Day to everyone here! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

5. omgDavid says:

oh! Bella that’s my favorite too. Thanks for posting it.

Lupe got my vote, but the window washing lady is adorable!

He looks so young in that pic with Alex.

Just want to thank JR for the SFTH video, beautiful. The performances of skaters and singer, gave my goosebumps.

emme, I love how the lady totally engulfs him & puts her head on his shoulder & it’s not the least bit creepy… pure love!

7. River says:

I’ve always loved the Jorvid hug. Despite their size difference, their affection for each other was so clear and the hug so genuine. Just adore them together, esp. singing No Air. They are similar in so many ways.

8. River says:

plus.. the alex hug was one of the most touching things ever seen on Idol. He was in such pain for his old friend & it meant so much to her. Millions of people saw his heart on his sleeve. I was in for 100 per cent.

River, I remember watching that touching moment and wondering if David would be tough enough to handle weeks of other friends being voted off along with all the other A.I. trials & tribulations … wow, was he ever! 🙂

What a great and happy post! Difficult to pick a favorite hug, I think I have three….the first hug (that I saw from David with the sweet tears that got to me) with Alex, the hug with Lupe and with the window washer…loved that one!
    Another hug that I loved was one from a VIP with David (my one and only) where a young mother brought her 3 yr old daughter to meet David and he picked up the little girl and gave her a little hug (incredibly adorable).
    Loved the video from the last post…all those memorable sweet David moments. loved the little dancing, his solo parts in the group songs, so sweet and so young! Remember watching every week, don’t think I missed a show. Season 7 was ‘Seasons Of Love’…one of the the songs they did on the show and one of my faves.
    Oh….and hugs to everyone!

10. Pingback: Tweets that mention Happy International Hug Day! | SnowAngelz: Canadian fans of David Archuleta -- Topsy.com

Tofan this is too difficult, I have not voted yet, but I think it may be the Alex hug. I was so touched when I saw that originally *sniffing* still.

Awww TOfan. I remember early on David saying he wasn’t much of a hugger; and now, VOILA, getting a Archu-Hug can be something along the lines of seeking the Holy Grail for many of us fans. I remember reading during AI tour from lots of cyber fans the Archu-Hug experience. 😀

Hugging is one of my favorite topics. Something I try to do every day is hug 8 ppl (if I can). In some places in this world hugging is expected and in other regions, touching of any form is more in the family and close friends vein.

Once I visited a place of business in Miami area monthly to do inspections and the order of the day was to hug and give a kiss on each cheek at on arrival and at the end of the day when leaving. The staffs’ heritage was from the Caribbean Islands and Central and South America. I really enjoyed the warmth and affection of that daily ritual. Another daily ritual was expresso shots at 2:30 pm. Staff took turns making sweeten expresso shots and then put on a tray (in disposable cups) and walked around serving to everyone, even customers….and that felt like a symbolic hug. 😀

There are so many different kinds of hugs! “Handshakes” are considered a form of a hug. I think David does the “Hello Hug” which is type of hug one does when greeting a friend we haven’t seen for a while. This is the most common type of non-intimate hug, lasting just a few seconds. This kinda hug is done with one arm or two. And that cheek to cheek kissing thing is also considered a hug.

Some people consider hugging an art form. Hugs sure calm my nerves and deepen bonds. Hugging is such a wonderful way to show someone you care and has amazing effects. That’s why my goal is to hug 8 ppl a day (handshakes count)…makes me feel super good regardless of anything else going on.

Happy hugging everyone!

8 hugs a day, that is awesome, kizzi! And having been the lucky recipient of a few of your hugs, now I know why you’re such a good hugger! lol

So interesting about the diff. cultures … my mom’s Italian, and when her side of the family gets together, it’s usually a two-cheek kiss for hello but then a huge glompy hug (men too) … along with food to take home… when you leave! 😆

13. Abrra says:

I picked the Alex good bye hug.

When I watch the replay of that moment it makes me teary ( those who know me realize this is rare, lol). In that moment David forgot all about where he was and showed true compassion for his friend by his tears. She returns the warmth of friendship by coming to him ( also forgetting where she was) and consoling him. Two friends being selfless and creating a beautiful moment on live television.

Tofan I want to tell you how much this site is appreciated. The work here is top notch! I can’t repeat that enough!

{{{{HUG}}}}

Abrra

aww, Abs, look what you made me do!!! can’t tell you how much that means to me, thank you ****glomps****

off-topic: older vid but nice to see Chikezie narrating it!

• jackryan4DA says:

I realized that no clear copy was posted of this vid at YT, which surprised me. Since am re-uploading my PreAI, AI era & Post AI vids, I might as well start w/ that 🙂

Yeah David, see what you are making us do w/o any tour announcement. We are all going back to the archives, hehe

14. bluebar says:

Hi Snowangelz –
    As difficult as it still is to watch or even think about the AI Season 7 finale (results) show, I absolutely adore the photo of the two David’s hugging on stage for that special evening. Both in black suits with white shirts, our David is only seen from the back and side – but with his (OMG) beautiful head of spiked hair, it was a very comforting “hug” moment!

15. Sunshine says:

TOfan – great post. While I chose the David/Lupe hug (tough choice) my fav hug is the imaginary one I give him after each time I see him perform. Just a mental, ‘thanks for the memory’ hug. Maybe someday I’ll have a chance to give him a real hug.

Kizzi – I remember you greeting and farewelling my fellow SAz and I in SLC with a hug. You’re a good hugger and it felt great.

{{{{{Sunshine!!!}}}}
      …”the imaginary one I give him after each time I see him perform. Just a mental, ‘thanks for the memory’ hug” after he sings”…wow, reading your words, I just realized I do that too! (we all probably do *sniff*)

16. Angelica says:

I second Abrra’s feelings about this site. It’s a Good Place!

My favorite hug is the one with his mama. That is so special.

I meant to say thank you to MonkFOD for providing the link (from the last post) to the documentary on Betty Douglas and the work being done in India and for RSO.
    What a remarkable story.
    Very, very informative and educational but most of all….so very, very moving and heartwarming and incredibly inspiring. A very beautiful thing….the work that has been done there and with such love and dedication by some wonderful people.
    Well worth watching if you haven’t yet (you need to set aside a good hour or more to view it, worth it though).
    I can imagine David visiting the people there and the projects that have been implemented and most likely he will bless them with some of his wonderful music.
    Talk about hugs…..the story and the video are one great big hug from the heart and that is what David is and will be when he gets there. ❤ (I'm sure he will get there).

18. jackryan4DA says:

Oh this is a cool, cool article. Am into hugging so I really like this. I think we can even include it in the 3rd ANNUAL ARCHIE AWARDS! Oh please, please join in the fun and nominate!

I have one favorite HUGGY MOMENT from David (2nd only of course to the hug I got which wasn’t recorded, thank goodness!) but won’t qualify for this year’s Archie Award is the one when David ran after PecanPie to hug her! Imagine, she refused him!!! But he kept on it, insisting he was sweaty, too! Love him to bits! Do you guys remember that one?

JR, I definitely remember that experience with David and PecanPie, it was wonderful!
    So glad she finally did get her hug too!

Saw this on Twitter…assume it’s true?

@idolsnow IdolsNow
    DAVID ARCHULETA in Chennai, India this weekend to visit Rising Star Outreach, meeting with kids who have leprosy and their parents.

loling at David’s latest tweet>>
    “Nothing like getting creamed in basketball by your mom, lol”
    Bahhah I can picture it!!!!

lol, Ref!

New post/thread!

🙂

22. River says:

I remember the Pecan Pie hug hunt so well. It was in Bridgeport CT near me and I had driven thru a near hurricane by myself to go to my first ever concert alone. I was about 10 feet from David while he performed and I haven’t been the same since. (Just ask anyone who knows me well.) I would have loved to see that scene of David chasing her down as she took flight. The whole encounter was just… well… so David. “Are you PecanPie??? repeat repeat repeat… really??? AWWWWWW nice to meet you!!”

23. Amb4dja says:

Hi TOfan! Longtime no post, but today random links and {{hugs}} brought me back. 🙂 ..though, I echo Abrra & Angelica (from that “other awesome site”), this remains one of my favorites whenever I visit or read articles.

Love this post.

So…I too picked the Alex Goodbye…because since the Lupe one is in a class by itself to me, that would have had to trump all..so barring that and the fact that of course they are all winners and too hard to pick…I had to go with my first gut reaction. …the one that warmed my heart most at first glimpse. For all the articulate reasons Abrra gave…and because I never tire of watching that authentic moment. David looks so young, sweet, real, wearing his heart openly…and that sublime look on his face…after crying real tears for his friend, and her hug…I can almost feel his soul let out a little sigh of comfort there.