Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies

The lovely MunkFOD posted this vid at the end of the last thread, along with this comment: “OH my gosh you guys! You have to see this! highlights of David Archuleta in the group performances from idol! Great to see his progress thru idol….geez ! He is soooo goood!

Too adorbs not to post: David & Katie (from Cambio.com)

And I was so blown away, I had to give it its very own post. I had been searching for that vid for ages! “Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies” *dies*

Not only does it show David’s progress through Idol, but it also showcases how versatile he is (I know, not news, lol) … he covers all those styles of songs while still retaining his “Davidness” in each one… love the ArchuGrowl in there too!

And beyond the amazing vocals … can we talk about the dance steps??? Yes, I know they’re adorkable and awkward… but he did them anyway! That’s one of the things I love most about this crazy Costco-kid, he puts himself out there and tries no matter how far outside his comfort zone he steps… no, leaps.

When I forced myself to watch A.I. last year when David was on, I was shocked that they now lip-synch all those numbers … probably very few of the contestants could handle what he did so masterfully. *replays*

How about you guys? Did this vid remind you of any favourite David A.I. moments? Will you watch A.I.10? Or would you rather listen to Simon sing Imagine?

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies

1. MunkFOD says:

TOfan! LOL! I love it! I have watched this video a ton of times today and I can’t stop smiling! David starts with a suit and ends with a suit….:D and he sounds so great! Thanks for posting! I wanted to start this comment by saying “Oh My Gosh TOfan” but I decided I already said that… LOL! Have an awesome day! 😀

haha, me too, Munk, can’t stop smiling when I watch that!

[EDIT]
    Was asked to remove any references to D’s possible travel plans. And nothing’s confirmed anyway, so there you go.

• MunkFOD says:

LOL! I was just coming over with that link! this is going to be wonderful. He is so quiet about doing these kinds of things. I am going to keep her blog handy to see if she posts any great pictures and videos! YAY! So awesome!

Memories of AI7! 😀

Watched Idol on DVR just to see what Jennifer Lopez would do and say. Really enjoyed Steven Tyler (surprise to me) and JLo (no surprise) and Randy’s looking more fit and interesting to see him as senior statesman and JLo and Tyler looking to him for direction—he’s actually a pretty nice guy. (And I also watched just to see what the dialog and exchanges would be like without Scowell Face. I liked it.)

From Mercury News: “I’m going to be compassionate,” declared Jennifer Lopez, who made her “Idol” debut, along with fellow rookie Steven Tyler. “I’m not in the business of crushing spirits.”

And she was compassionate plus she did get in the swing of saying “No” nicely toward the end of the 2 hours.

I haven’t spent anytime following Tyler or Aerosmith so watching him for the first time was fascinating. He enjoyed some of the auditions and showed enthusiasm plus he has uber confidence about music. I thought his critiques were colorful, full of his quirkiness, and his enthusiasm was infectious.

So I’ll watch another episode.

4. jackryan4DA says:

Hi everyone! Just driving by to drop off fresh vids from SFTH which now include all the special cast intros. We don’t want to waste any gorgeous DA footage, do we? 😉

And since you guys have great love for Joannie Rochette, you will like this one

MKOP HD + special cast intros

All Cast Finale HD to SNC’s Soul Man

The SBL vid w/ special cast intro is still processing, in case you are interested 🙂

Have a nice day y’all

Perfection!!! Oh my heck, is he good or what??? I can’t even!!! Loooove that vid of the group spots, I have def have not seen those clips enough.

So , I did watch AI last night (while I was multitasking soe other stuff) i have not watched since season 7, except for when David was on, and I actually enjoyed it!!! I’m with you Kizzi… SteveT was good!!! “He enjoyed some of the auditions and showed enthusiasm plus he has uber confidence about music. I thought his critiques were colorful, full of his quirkiness, and his enthusiasm was infectious.” I can not say it better than that, ty! The talent looks good too….So yes…. I think I will watch again as well 🙂

I am so pumped for David to go to India someday… I have been there and it is a truly eye opening place to see. Going back as a volunteer is on my bucket list (my list is looooong). He will really grow from and experience like this.

(((JR)))
    **bows** to the vid Queen, thank you! Awesome!

• Tawna21 says:

refnaf– “Going back as a volunteer is on my bucket list (my list is looooong). ” This is on my bucket list also, I seriously don’t know why either. My hubby thinks I’m cah-ray-zee!

Tawna

{{{JR}}}
    You rock!!!

okay, just watched the group number vid again… I realize I never did see some of those performances… I think because I found it so nerve-wracking to watch the results shows, lol. David singing Steely Dan’s “Reelin’ in the Years”???? One of my favourite songs ever??? This is a revelation to me! whoaaaaah

7. Tawna21 says:

That video of yesteryear!! Wowzers David has grown up! Although we know he has, it doesn’t register until viewing that video, and then it just hits ya’ smack dab in the forehead. However, if he’s growing up, that means that I’m growing older and I don’t like that action. *sigh*

I watched AI last night doing the multi-tasking thing also. I quite liked the judges interaction with each other and the contestants. I would watch again just to watch the judges, but I seriously won’t watch any more until the auditions are done. I just can’t wade thru them.

Tawna

I watched a bit tonight also to check out Steven Tyler & JLo … and I saw a stunning example of why I am SO over all things Idol.

A really sweet guy with crazy long red hair spoke about being bullied throughout school & how he wants his music to send a message to victims of bullying to feel good about themselves, then he proceeded to sing beautifully & get a ticket to Hollywood.

The very next contestant was then “bullied” American Idol-style… they (a) did a close up of him awkwardly trying to get his number sign unstuck; (b) took EXTREME closeups of his blemishes and bad teeth; and (c) included more closeups of the judges making faces & laughing at him as he sang wildly off key.

Hypocrites, much??? 😯

• emmegirl says:

I heart you.

• Archugeezer says:

Exactly! The manipulation begins with the auditions. These judges are good at entertaining themselves, but the only surprise (for some) this season has shown so far is that Simon was not indispensible after all.

True, Archugeezer, and even more than the judges, I fault the producers for the “it’s time to cry for the kid with the dream / now it’s time to mock the kid with a dream” formula …

Tyler and JLo seemed to at least try to make constructive comments rather than going for cheap laughs… who knows how long that will last!

• refnaf says:

What kills me is the girl (forget her name) who had a good voice but was dressed simply in a tshirt and jeans and they focussed so much on the fact that she did not have the whole “package” Really??? This early in the progam???
      That makes me crazy, auditions are about the voice, I thought!! The clothes can come later, no?
      The manipulation does suck big time, but then it is TV

9. MunkFOD says:

HI everyone! This is a program on the Director of Rising Star Outreach. Her story! This is the charity that David is involved with. Watch it here! http://www.byutv.org/watch/1794-114

10. jackryan4DA says:

Wasn’t able to watch the AIS10 – will catch it this weekend for sure.

And just to complete the set, here’s SBL HDTV ver

Really, really like this SBL. Set to motion by Caddey & Jeremy, this SBL sounds so triumphant!

So true, JR! I’m not even a big SBL fan, but loved this one … & it was so cool to hear it live in a huge arena filled with mostly skating fans who didn’t know the song but spontaneously starting clapping along… it got a great response… both times! 🙂

• jackryan4DA says:

I really have to give it to David to “shepherd” a song. He made no secret about his trepidation of SBL because of its high notes on a fast paced melody. But look at him belt the helluva out of that song!

I dare anyone sing that song live and give it the same level of justice David gives SBL. No wonder the SNC boys are in awe of him.

Just saw on Snarkies that the March Manila show looks like a definite possibility… thrilled for you JR!!!! & all the fans over there, you guys ROCK! ♥

David’s voice gets more brilliant as I look back….Yesterday, while on shuffle, my dpod went through AI7 tour stuff, even his Toronto performance. INCREDIBLE

12. djafan says:

I love this video!!!

That is one good HD quality, hope more of the old haha videos appear in this quality, 3 years isn’t that long ago yet I feel I’ve been on this ride forever. 🙂

Love this video! So many little gems that had been forgotten (by most, I’m guessing). And all the outfits he wore during the results nights. Hahaha, loving the double popped collar 😛

I won’t be watching American Idol this year. I dunno, it just doesn’t interest me. I’ve actually only ever watched the one season with David. I’m sure I’d seen the show before that but never followed it at all. Just a fluke really that I watched David’s audition episode in the first place (a bunch of my friends from my floor in residence were watching so I just tagged along) and then I got hooked. But I’ve never really felt the urge to watch it again after that. Super random, but I did use to watch Canadian Idol a lot… I think the difference was it aired during the summer and I had nothing better to do in the summers, haha.

New post & thread, Happy International Hug Day!

♥ ♥ ♥