I wish I had a river David Archuleta could skate away on

Why does this video make my day?

Is it the sight of mischievous Kurt Browning (one of my personal all-Canadian heroes) giving him a hilariously awkward backward hug … wearing Olympic mittens and a toque?

Is it just because David’s in it?

This doesn’t really warrant a whole post but it’s my way of saying “Thank you, Santa! Merry Christmas to you all!”

Photo: hazeleyd71 Video: HushCatsTX

It’s coming on Christmas
They’re cutting down trees
They’re putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on

But it don’t snow here
It stays pretty green
I’m going to make a lot of money
Then I’m going to quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on

I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
— Joni Mitchell

So how about you guys? What David-related “gift” are you hoping for?

P.S. Here’s a close-up version of the skating extravaganza that is David (from pandasmama)!

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to I wish I had a river David Archuleta could skate away on

1. MunkFOD says:

This video has been so fun to watch! I use to do quite a bit of skating when I was a kid. Makes me want to get my skates out!

My gift I am hoping for…….. to meet David next year. To meet some Archies. I have only seen David perform once and have never met any fan friends and have never met David. I would love to meet him at least once to tell him “thanks” for all he has done for me. I know that might sound a little lame. But it is still my wish.

Have a great day everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

• abanana77 says:

I’ve also never met David or any other Archies and have only seen him once! Sometimes I just assume everyone has met everyone else and every has been to a million concerts and everyone has met David a whole bunch of times. Haha. I hope your wish comes true!!

Munk & & embe & abanana, I so hope you all get your wish! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. embe86 says:

“Is it learning that, among his other superpowers, David Archuleta can also ice skate?”

You know what? Skating IS a superpower. It must be, because I’ve never learned how to do it. My fellow Finns loath me.

If I could wish for any David-related gift… it’d be to meet him. I know how clichรฉ that sounds, but that’s really all I could ever ask for. Well, not ALL I could ask for. I mean, I’d love to have him wrapped up in pink, glittery paper and sent to me. Haha, just kidding. Of course the post office would have to poke air holes into the paper first.

wow, embe, I just assumed Finns were born with skates on! ๐Ÿ˜†

“the post office would have to poke air holes into the paper first” bahahahaha, you never fail to crack me up!

• jackryan4DA says:

Am fervently praying that you meet him someday ๐Ÿ™‚

The thing is, if David is the kind of guy that should have a warning label attached to him, I wonder what you should have when you meet him? Hmmmm….

“This doesnโ€™t really warrant a whole post” No, it definitely warrants a whole post. This video is AMAZING! He can ice skate!! Amazing! Having a little trouble stopping I think but I am going to go ahead and assume that is because he is more used to hockey skates ๐Ÿ˜€ Hahahaha

I was so happy to see this video of David ice skating! Now I know my daydreams of us skating the Rideau Canal together (and eating Beavertails of course) is a little more possible ๐Ÿ˜› Bahahahahaha

And how about tour as a David-related “gift”?

haha, abanana, I noticed that too… he was sort of doing a rollerblade style stop … love your daydream btw … nothing like skating down that canal with a warm Beavertail in your hand! *sigh*

4. rose says:

My gift would be that David would become as famous to everyone as he is to me, that he would not only be voted the best album of the year (by us) but would also sell more albums than anyone else, that everyone would know and love David so all of our friends would also be Arch Angels. When a human being is as kind, sweet, and wonderful as David, he, more than anyone, deserves all of the above. And also, Santa, please have him asked to appear on more Christmas specials, and talk shows (singing, of course), and have him sing more ballads like he performed on Idol, that show off his very special voice (such as “When You Say You Love Me”, Smokey Mountain Memories, Love Me Tender, Long and Winding Road and, and………Contigo En La Distancia, and O Holy Night). This would be my Christmas gift. Aaahhhhhhhh

“that everyone would know and love David so all of our friends would also be Arch Angels” … part of me thinks that would be awesome and the other part is selfish and wants Arch Angels to remain an exclusive club! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. embe86 says:

What a cool coincidence! I was just over at Soul David, reading HG’s article about acappella groups. So I posted a couple of songs by a Finnish acappella group called Club For Five. As I was looking for good examples of their work, I came cross their version of “You’re the Voice”!! How cool, David & my fave acappella group have something in common ๐Ÿ™‚

Very cool, embe! There’s a new reality show here sort of like A.I. for a cappella groups … I’ve only seen one episode but loved it!

Here’s an excerpt from a Kurt Browning fan site about Kaleidoscope:
    “Dorothy Hamill then came out to introduce Paul Wylie skating to David Archuleta performing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.” I will admit, I’ve never watched American Idol so while I knew who David Archuleta is by name, I’ve never really heard him sing before. I was pretty impressed – he’s got a beautiful voice and tone which filled the arena with warmth.”

Rest HERE.

Kaleidoscope Falling Stars (thanks, davidfankimbee!)

kkkkk David skating makes my whole week!!!! The second vid is awesome, the twirl!!!!!! omgosh ๐Ÿ™‚
    David’s speaking voice charms me almost (but not quite) as much as his singing voice, so my David gift would be for him to voice a character in a Pixar movie, a singing character of course.
    I feel so blessed to have had so many of my David wishes come true, and next week’s Motab will be a highlight, truly a dream come true. I wish so much for all of you to be able to hear, see, and meet him soon!!!

• jackryan4DA says:

I have been praying that some genius writer could think of using David’s very identifiable voice for The Simpsons. You know something like David & Lisa hitting it off – even in a non-romantic way ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lisa is the musically inclined member of that family, right? And the one who actually thinks straight – haha!

Wow TOfan. Just checked in to see what was happening and watched the video…GAH…and…ummmm….ummmmmm….major GAAAAAHHHH……with a quad axel twist. ๐Ÿ˜€

Just love the adventuress nature and go for it attitude in seeing David skating. Epitomizes his approach to life and to his passion, music.

He got his break with AI. He knows it.

Will people understand him as an artist? He is most definitely an outsider to Pop in terms of his goals and ambitions. And he is unlocking music from a most difficult perspective.

He doesn’t give up and goes for everything with gusto at every performance! And if we look around at who else is singing, who else has the instrument that can pierce one’s soul and heart, the answer is few.

Oh yes Tofan, I, for one, can understand why this video makes your day.

And as far as wishes in terms of David-related gifts, I continue to wish that David realize his dreams, whatever they may be, to the fullest.

Hugs and Love to everyone at SAz.

Oh and P.S. ….. I think David has found his tribe. At least in terms of height. hahahaha. Gifted skaters and singers, yeah, passionate, here for a reason, connection, happy to share their gifts. Soul stirrers, one and all. ๐Ÿ˜€

I agree this definitely warrants a whole post! I just love watching that video…skating David. Handles himself extremely well too. Guess we shouldn’t be surprised he can skate, just add that one to the list. Great skate David and beautiful performance too. Love the comment from the Kurt Browning site.
    Everyone’s ‘David wishes’ here are wonderful and hope they all come true. My wish has always been that every fan of David’s gets the opportunity to see him in concert and meet him at least once. Some fans around the world may not get that opportunity but I think most will….at some point. My other wish is for a tour of Canada (or at least a few cities). Of course as Kizzi so nicely put it “I continue to wish that David realize his dreams, whatever they may be, to the fullest.” I wish that for David too, always.
    TOfan, “Wish I Had A River I Could Skate Away On” and one that took me all the way to the next David concert. I’d even wear blue skates.:)
    Love that song a lot, by the way.

12. jackryan4DA says:

Here’s an HD version of the TV ad running for Kaleidoscope, in case none has been posted

13. jackryan4DA says:

WEll, David may have packed his bag and jetted out of Manila weeks ago but Manila is still not a little too over him. Finally, SonyPhil & MyxPhil will have a special feature on him (been waiting for this!) on 13 DEC 2010

Here is the MYXCELLANEOUS TEASER

14. jackryan4DA says:

If anyone asks how BIG do we Pinoy Archies love TheArchuletor, just show him this pic – HUUUUUGE poster of David here in one of the Makati stores

And as far as David-related wishes are concerned, I’d like to reiterate what I wrote in my DALIM 2.0 recap part 2 —

… With that in mind, I think itโ€™s my turn to toss my own wish to the ether —
    I pray that the US market and its music industry soon develop an ear for David and other artists like him. After all, if the Universe itself listened, couldnโ€™t Davidโ€™s own turf follow suit?

15. bluebird19 (Pattie) says:

Hey TOfan,
    Of course this deserves a whole post! David ice skating!!!

As far as David-related gifts??? If we’re talking gifts for us, then you know I want “Nothing Else Better to Do” released here in the U.S. (hahaha, TOfan). If I could have another gift or two, it would be to have a concert close by that I could go to. MunkFOD, Abanana77 and embe86, I do hope you will all get the chance to meet him. And don’t hold back if you do. I have never been to a full concert, so would love to go to one. I did have a M&G in Greenville at the Zooapalooza and got to see him in Nashville at Orla’s Celtic Christmas filming. BUT, while I did babble something to him, I didn’t introduce myself, shake his hand or say anything coherent at all. I do hope, too, you’ll meet some other Archies because that has been one of the nicest things that happened for me this year. And, I hope to meet so many more in the near future. My third wish would be to see him play guitar at some point. Am I going for too much here???

If the gift is for David, I concur with…
    rose: “that everyone would know and love David so all of our friends would also be Arch Angels.” I really just wish that those who didn’t get him the first time around because he was young or whatever, would actually take another look and see this gem; this “all grown up gem”.
    And with refnaf: “would be for him to voice a character in a Pixar movie, a singing character of course.” I have always thought that would be awesome for him. He’s perfect for that!

The ice skating is EPIC. SPINNING DAVID! I used to ice skate when I was a kid, but don’t want to break anything now. Sure looks fun tho, so maybe……….
    Getting wordy now, so, I’ll just say have a great day, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

refnaf – love the idea of him being a pixar character’s voice!!! And yes, definitely a singing one!

k, just opened a David vid here at the office BUT EARPHONES NOT PLUGGED INTO COMPUTER… I am still blushing. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Twitpic from this morning’s Hard Rock signing (from @lizmag3):

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Falling Stars from Denver (thanks, ShelleyFOD!)

Another vid from the amazing ShelleyFOD … best Elevator singalong ever! “how about all the lefties!” ๐Ÿ˜†

Followed by best acoustic TOSOD ever!!! Paging Ms. Beebee! Gah-roo-vituuuuude Plus!!!

Oh gosh that TOSOD. *am dead* 2:15-2:21 killed me. And then followed by the archu-growl. I can’t even.

Wonderful videos from Denver. Thanks TOfan for the MP3 for TOSOD, fabulous!
    Bravo to David, I believe this was a morning show and David sounded incredible (we know he is not a ‘morning person’), neither am I really. That’s why I always listen to David’s music on my way to work…gets my day going in a good way!

In case anyone is interested… “Stars Unite for Charity” has an auction up right now for a DVD signed by David of the children from India singing his lovely song, Somebody Out There. I may be the only bidder so far but wanted to pass along the info in case anyone else was interested in bidding on the item. Auction closes end of day on Dec. 14th.

As much as I would really love to have this item, wanted to share it because the money raised does go to Rising Star Outreach. ๐Ÿ™‚
    You need to register with the site:

A ‘Hot Little White Jacket” anyone?

David’s reaction – priceless

24. Zoe says:

Hi SA gang!

I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus from the sites recently and hope to catch up over the holiday break with the many articles and postings I’ve missed. You are all such a delightful and brilliant bunch of David devotees – I miss you and the laughs!

In the meantime, I’m dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. May your gatherings with family and friends be warm and festive, and may the New Year be especially sweet and fulfilling to you. Certainly my wish for David, as well. Oh, and if those rumors about doing an R&B/soul album sometime soon are true?? Yes, yes, pretty please!

And for all you luckies who will be attending David’s MOTAB concert next week, including my dear buddy Archiesfan4life, safe travels and have a FREAKIN BLAST!! Can’t wait to hear all about the weekend! Sounds like a ton of you will be meeting up at some point along the way…so happy for you all! IT’S GONNA BE EPIC!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Zoe!!!!!! Have missed you!!!! There are rumours about David doing an R&B/soul album sometime soon????? That would answer a Christmas David wish for sure!

26. jackryan4DA says:

If not yet posted, then am glad am doing it now – you’ve got to see this, LOL

That TOSOD… he is like some kind of melodic maestro. How does he do that??????
    I am beginning to believe his entire body… from the top of his bedhead to the tip of his leather-tennied toe… is one big beautiful instrument of music. When he gets a paper cut I imagine musical notes floating out.

and I hope some day we get some of that r&b ๐Ÿ™‚