What could new management mean for David Archuleta?

Melinda Bell: Is this David's new manager?

When Melinda Bell tweeted the following yesterday: “Watching @Jonasbrothers with @DavidArchie life is great!” ArchAngels the world over took notice.

We know David’s been looking for new management (in one interview, he even explained that that’s what his “Elevator” dream was all about — going from floor to floor meeting prospective managers).

So who is Melinda Bell and is she the answer to fans’ “David needs more promotion” prayers?

Here’s an excerpt from a recent Kidzworld Magazine profile of Bell:

TOSOD ad in Justice tween catalogue -from Snarkies)

Working with Wright Entertainment Group, Melinda Bell has managed such pop music celebrities as *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys. WEG head, Johnny Wright, even worked with New Kids on the Block!

Maybe your odds of becoming the next Britney Spears aren’t the best, but that doesn’t mean you will never be a mover-and-shaker in the music biz. There are lots of jobs behind the scenes that can be fun and exciting. Just ask Melinda Bell. During her career as Vice President of Special Projects with the music management company Wright Entertainment Group, she’s worked with Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, to name just a few.

Melinda’s love of the music biz started when she was young. She used to be a performer herself and spent her teen years in Florida singing and dancing. When it was time to go to college, Melinda chose the University of Central Florida’s School of Communication and majored in Radio and Television, with a minor in Marketing. Eventually, she snagged a job with Walt Disney World in their Events Department. “I was lucky because there are theme parks where I live,” says Melinda. “In New York or LA it’s harder to get started. Disney World was a real asset.”

While working at the ‘happiest place on earth’, she organized a performance by New Kids on the Block. New Kids manager was Johnny Wright. Johnny and Melinda became good friends and when Johnny decided to set up Wright Entertainment Group (WEG) in Florida, he called her. Melinda was there when Backstreet Boys auditioned for Johnny. “They auditioned for us in a pizza parlor. Nick was shorter than me back then – and I am only 5’1,” Melinda laughs. Lately, Melinda’s job is focused on one of WEG’s top artists -*NSYNC.

If you’re a die-hard *NSYNC fan you already know and love Melinda. She’s the lucky lady who keeps you up on the guys lives through her column, *N Touch at *NSYNC’s official site. She also does everything from organizing Challenge For The Children events, to organizing the Sound Check parties and helping the guys out while they tour. Yep, she gets to go on tour with them. “It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s gratifying,” says Melinda. “My favorite part is when all my hard work pays off and I can get a kid with cancer to one of the shows.” (Read rest of article HERE.)

****************************

From Radio Disney to J-14 Magazine, Jive has made it very clear that they are promoting David to a tween/teen audience (which they should — the 16-to-24 demographic is pure GOLD to marketers … their chance to “brand” youngsters and win over their brand loyalty for life — and, of course, David himself is still a teenager).

But hey, if Melinda can finally get our guy’s music on the radio (maybe even Canadian radio 🙂 ), I figure we should roll out the ArchuWelcome Mat!

****************************

A "sneak peek" says Matt Clayton. 😀

P.S. Exhibit A that David is the real deal, not just another Teen Idol, this “bio” posted “by the artist or their representative” on Amazon.com HERE.

David Archuleta Biography

With budding maturity, David Archuleta captures two years’ worth of introspection and reflection, dozens of songwriting sessions, long days spent in the studio and nights in the air, all leading to The Other Side of Down, his highly anticipated second album.

Not only the follow up to David’s 2008 self-titled debut, it’s a reintroduction to the American Idol runner-up with the angelic voice who 30 million television viewers fell in love with during season 7—now older, wiser, with faith still on his side and an eternally optimistic wide-eyed outlook. Hence, the album’s title. “For me, it’s about moving forward and making progress,” David explains. “I’m heading towards ‘the other side of down,’ which is ‘up.’”

Actually, there are many sides to David Archuleta, all of which find a place on the record. There’s the youthful David, affectionately known as Archie, who often emerges on TV in the form of a mid-interview giggle; You can find him on the title track whose bouncy, island vibe vows that nothing’s going to break his pop stride.

Then you have David the inspiration and role model, who looks deep inside and up above for guidance on how to navigate the world around him—much as he describes on the track “Things Are Gonna Get Better,” which spots a silver lining in the darkest of clouds and enlists a full gospel choir to drive the point home.

And there’s the insatiably curious David, who doesn’t have all the answers but is resolved to keep searching for them. Look no further than the sugar sweet S*A*M and Sluggo-produced single “Something ‘Bout Love” for the sound of reach-for-the- sky bliss, and the hard-driving big chorus of “Complain,” written for David by EMan, David Hodges and Claude Kelly, which, despite its title, is an encouraging song beckoning the listener not to take anything for granted.

It’s a sentiment David is all too familiar with, not just from having reached second place on Idol, but seeing massive success straight out the gate with the song “Crush,” which charted at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week of its 2008 release and has since sold two million downloads. “I wasn’t expecting to be in the finale and I wasn’t expecting to get a record deal right after my interviews that night,” David admits. “My plan was to go back to school after the Idol tour so I wasn’t entirely prepared to make an album, which is why I was really surprised that it did as well as it did.” David also released “Christmas from the Heart” which debuted at No. 2 on the seasonal chart behind Bob Dylan.

While no stranger to pressure—he did sail through three months’ worth of intense competition on TV’s biggest stage—having a hit record under his belt meant defining his place in music beyond being a pop culture footnote. “I don’t want my music to have boundaries,” David declares. “It was so neat to see how positive fans were about ‘Crush,’ but with this album, my participation in each of the songs ties them together and they’re all me.”

Indeed, David had a hand in co-writing the majority of the album’s tracks, including two of its quirkier numbers, the bouncy “Parachutes and Airplanes” with Matt Squire and Lindy Robbins, and the irresistible ride that is “Elevator,” written with Shelly Peiken and Mike Krompass, whose lyrics—“Elevator goes up / Elevator goes down / Just go with the flow / Until your feet hit the ground”—literally came to David in a dream. “I had this visual in my mind of all these elevators going up and down and I’m trying to figure out which floor to get off on,” he explains. “The next day, we wrote it in, like, 30 minutes, not thinking anything would happen with it.” But proving that age-old musician’s adage that sometimes the best songs come out in the shortest bursts.

“A lot of writers say ‘dare to suck’ and you have to,” David continues. “Because not everything that comes out is going to make sense. That’s not how it works. You pay attention to how chords make you feel or you see a picture and you just start writing about it. I love when things are emotion-driven. It’s not always about how hooky it is. There are songs like that, but it’s not what I’m trying to do.”

Feeling a greater sense of purpose is nothing new to fans of the now 19-year-old Murray, Utah native who overcame vocal cord paralysis at age 13 while competing on CBS’s “Star Search.” The trying experience was chronicled in David’s 2010 book “Chords of Strength” and resonates in the overall message of The Other Side of Down. “Instead of acting like everything in life is so hard and confusing, look at it this way: the only way you can go from here is up,” he says. “It’s our decisions and how we handle things, even when they get rough. If we keep holding on, looking at things positively and working hard, we can improve our lives, help ourselves, and even help the greater good.”

Of course, with inspiration comes aspiration and David isn’t lacking in that department, either. He aspires to find everlasting love in the ballad “My Kind of Perfect,” assured that his time will eventually come but wondering when. “It’s about waiting and knowing that they don’t have to be perfect, they just have to be my kind of perfect,” he explains. And going beyond his world to address the harsh reality of war and natural disasters, David offers the hopeful “Things Are Gonna Get Better.” “It’s what people need to hear right now,” he says.

To that end, David’s current musical tastes run the pop-rock gamut, from acoustic guitar-driven singer-songwriters like Jason Mraz to the electronic sounds of female innovators like Imogen Heap and A Fine Frenzy. Surprising? Hardly if you consider David’s appreciation for the beauty of melody, a trait he displayed time and time again while performing on Idol. “It’s amazing how one song can change someone’s life,” says David. “It’s been done for me so many times and I want to give to my fans the same thing those artists have given me.”

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to What could new management mean for David Archuleta?

1. beebee says:

I know what you mean about D being lumped together with lesser talents. Seems so wrong (but so few are as talented as David.) But I also agree with you that marketing him to the teen demo is very important. Marketing and promo (especially at super pop star level) is a curious beast altogether and what they decide to do won’t necessarily always jibe with what “those who ‘get’ David” think is the right promotional course—and it doesn’t have to jibe. They don’t NEED to market to US (les die hards). They need to draw in those who have yet to “get” him. (I’m sure I’m not making any sense. Hey, no biggie. I know wut I mean…kikiki)

Let’s just say, I have high hopes for the Archu_Melinda_Bell era. Frankly, regardless of whose managing him, based on what we know of TOSOD, I think the strongest force is just David doing his OWN THANG, and seemingly growing ever more confident about asserting his own wishes. All that and he just keeps growing and evolving. Ain’t it grand? (:

Nice review of WEG and Melinda TOfan. I learned alot.

I have several perspectives, different than each other, all at the same time. 😀

As a fan who just wants to enjoy the ride, I hope that David’s management has his best interests at heart (audience demographic? marketing? and on and on) but I don’t want to focus or think about it much. I kinda just want to enjoy the music and the trip.

As a business person, I see signs and symptoms of good business practices, mediocre and poor to non-existent, that is, if I put on my business hat. However, other than acknowledging these bumps, I don’t see what more as a fan one can do. It is after all David’s choices, decisions and learning curve.

I own my reactions and dreams of David’s career. David own’s his dreams and his career actions.

So, if Melinda and WEG are able to implement David’s dream to his target audience, then I’m as happy as a clam. However, what that dream is and who his target audience is seems to have been loosely described in COS in that he hopes to inspire, especially young people like him.

All this management stuff confuses the heck out of me. And I’m not too strongly opinionated about it either way – to be honest. I’m like kizzi’s non-business-side: “I’m enjoying the ride”.

But I have noticed the stronger promotion towards the younger crowd, even from Jive – the “friendship bracelet” included in the fan edition of TOSOD and David responding to the little kids’ voicemails, for example. I do understand that they are a huge market to sell to and I can understand wanting to take advantage of that.

The main thing that makes me hesitant about the whole “selling to the younger crowd” thing is that I had the impression that David’s music was kinda trying to get away from the standard bubble gum pop thing. And this almost feels like backtracking? If that even makes sense? What I think I’m trying to say is that I’d like him to be promoted to the 16-to-24 demographic (hey, I am part of that group) but I feel like some of the recent promotion has mainly been for even younger than that (10-15 maybe?) and maybe I’m not such a fan of that? I dunno, I just hate the stereotype when he gets associated with the likes of the Jonas brothers and other “tween” sensations that everyone assumes he doesn’t have talent and is just in it for the fame and money.

So.. I guess I lied. I found I did have opinions once I started writing 😀

Well TOfan, that tweet piqued my interest too – in a circumstantial way. I’m with Kizzi and abanana, whatever David chooses to do and who he chooses to do it with is fine with me. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

An interesting thing though about WEG – they have some powerhouses in their ballpark, not just lightweights. I would hope that whatever demographic is ‘choosen’ for David to be marketed, that they find a way to do it – probably differently than they have done it for teen singers in the past – just for David. He is an artist, not simpley a singer, with such eclectic tastes and moving in a direction not taken many (any?) so far with the style and meaning behind his music. They need a totally unique plan for David, imo.

There seems to me no question in my mind that David seems to want to market to the teen (tween-young adult) group. Doing ‘pop’ music his way, his book COS – time and time again has said that he is a teenager and wants others like him to be able to get something out of his book…

btw – loved this “But somehow, seeing David lumped together with such musical lightweights as The Jonas Brothers feels like a diamond being set on a Cracker Jack ring.” 🙂

Now THAT’S a BIOGRAPHY. Amen!

I’ve added that amazing Amazon bio to the end of the post as Exhibit A of David’s non-Jonasness!!!!!

& thanks for all your thoughtful comments, guys. You’ve made ME think! lol And you brought up something I’d sort of forgotten about, David’s own words in COS.

As he says in the last line of that biography, ““It’s amazing how one song can change someone’s life,” says David. “It’s been done for me so many times and I want to give to my fans the same thing those artists have given me.” *sniff*

Oh My Heck – that bio is amazing. “By the artist or their representative” Pretty sure it’s not written by David – he could not write such nice things about himself, his humility would get in the way.

And I have not even heard TAGGB yet, but excited for the gospel choir! 😀

TOfan…..”The fact that David’s been searching for new management for quite some time now reinforces to me that he’s determined to find a person (or team) he can trust — not necessarily to make him rich and famous — but to work for him and with him on the path he sees ahead. A path where music really means something.

And excuse me for a moment while I spazz ‘cuz the gospel choir I imagined in my mind for TAGGB is going to be on the album!!!!!!! *double cartwheels*”

I second and third everything you said and David’s words about giving his fans something that will change their lives….well, he’s already done that most definitely. He’s following his heart and his innermost callings and hopefully he will attract to himself the right people to support those callings, think he will. His new management team surely will see the unique and rare artist that David is (hopefully) and not lump him in with every other teen artist out there. Sounds like a positive thing though, so far!
    As far as spazzing over TAGGB and a gospel choir, yes, yes, yes!! Even at my age I still spazz from time to time. 🙂

“But somehow, seeing David lumped together with such musical lightweights as The Jonas Brothers feels like a diamond being set on a Cracker Jack ring.” I feel this as well TOfan.
    My opinions on the management issue> IDK!!!
    I certainly do not understand it at all. Some of the tweets from melindaWEG seemed unproffessional to me, but whatever. We know that David wants his music to mean something, to help people in their lives. He is already doing that for me, and if this new management can further that, I say amen. My fear is David getting marketed as a “teen pop idol” with beautiful hair and smile etc… but with nothing important to say…but perhaps if he does become a huge “idol” he can be a positive influence on what kids are hearing… I Believe that Someone
    upstairs has a plan too…and David is in tune with Him> JMO

Lurve that bio!!!!
    TAGGB with a gospel choir>>>
    Inspiration FTW

SBL

TAGGB… he changed up the lyrics!!!

Elevator

Refnaf – “… I Believe that Someone
    upstairs has a plan too…and David is in tune with Him> JMO”I agree with this too, and I am just excited to see where it will lead him.

Also loving the elevator from last night!

TAGGB – High Five ( <——that's you and me ref, lolz)

Biography – just needed to say the comments on the many sides of David, youthful, inspirational/role model, insatiably curious and full of aspirations. OMG, pure, bea-u-ti-ful TRUTH! 😀 and 😀 and more 😀 !!!

And this "…A lot of writers say ‘dare to suck’ and you have to,” David continues. “Because not everything that comes out is going to make sense. That’s not how it works. You pay attention to how chords make you feel or you see a picture and you just start writing about it. I love when things are emotion-driven. It’s not always about how hooky it is. There are songs like that, but it’s not what I’m trying to do….” Gaaahhhh – "emotion-driven" is such a fantastic adjective for David's music…again, it's 100% the TRUTH! And so when there are criticisms about the “hook” or the lyrics “suck”, well, this is David’s perspective…bahahahahahaha

And this "…David’s appreciation for the beauty of melody…" P.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y said. 😀 😀 😀

14. YJfanofdavid says:

Just want to say if WEG/Melinda is behind that fantastic bio and gorgeous Matt Clayton pic, I am ready for the WEG era to begin. 🙂

Jive tweeted a couple of hours ago to check out the new Bio at the OS. Same one you found on Amazon Tofan. It’s a great BIO.

I think it’s awful sweet of David to have Daniel play guitar for him at the Utah events.

Here’s a video of part of the picture taking bit of the event last night (including the face-squeezing lady 😯 ):

Spoiler Alert!

Part 3 is up & I’m counting on you, Kizzi to let us know what parts are safe to watch without spoilers! 😆

Here are the spoilers TOFan…

2 new song snippets at 0.30 – 0.58 – Who I Am and 3.20-3.51 Falling Stars at the OS

I think I’m falling in love all over again with this beautiful, beautiful voice….geeez louise, this “Falling Stars” snippet made me cry…*sniff* gaahhh *overload* *tilt*

These 4 Q&A vids are blowing my mind … 1st the hilarity of David describing going to the grocery story & miming a check out clerk. Oh. My. Heck.

Then, the profoundly simple truths of Part 2 *sniff* Off to watch 3 & 4!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Well, I listened to David’s explanations only (thank you Kizzi!) of Who Am I and Falling Stars and I must say that that kind of background info is what I live to hear – will give new depth and meaning to the songs when I finally hear them, lol. TWO weeks and counting.

Todd and Erin from the morning show at 98.7 tweeted about David’s live performance at Studio B today:

“Finished our private concert with David Archuleta — he is as sweet and charming as you think he is. What a VOICE! It just pours out of him”

and this:

“@MunkFOD Seriously, in 20 years of radio, I’ve only had five artists be willing to sing live like that, no backing track, nothing. Beautiful.”

Oh my heart swells…

jinx TOfan!

LOL, awestruck!

I just watched Part 3 of the preview vid (minus the snippets… bless you, Kizzi!!!) and what a gift those stories are … Thrifty David FTW!!!! 😆

When I was at the OS, I saw this comment & thought I’d share:

UWAH!!!!! Every little snippet i hear has so much meaning to it!!!! Its like Davids giving us a sundae and he just keeps adding cherries on top..haha.

Okay that didnt really make sense, but anyway…. this album is gonna be amazing!!! I like the cab story by the way…tres interessant

I can’t stop watching that four-part Q&A… it reminds me why I felt so compelled to go meet the buses on the Idol tour two years ago … to prove to myself that this guy is FOR REAL! That he actually exists! The fact that he does continues to blow my mind.

And then there are the songs???? I thought I’d heard 1000 Miles 1000 times but this one is different… don’t say I didn’t warn you. And the ending on this Elevator, gah, can’t even.

1000 Miles

Elevator

• awestruck says:

“I mean, who at any age, never mind 19, thinks about how your attitude at handling a situation can affect and influence other people? Who can be so brutally honest about themselves IN PUBLIC? Who can be so free of guile and ego and fakery?”

you said my friend…

I am seriously loving this album. It is David through and through. (That part about the cab meter, lol!)

kizzi, Falling Stars gets me in the gut… your right, that voice.

Thanks awestruck for those tweets from the DJ.
    I am so stuck on the Q&A I haven’t gotten to the performances yet.

Why do I feel like I am sipping a nice glass of wine when I watch those Q&A videos…

• awestruck says:

“…. feel this warmth that spreads inside me and I get kinda smiley, totally relaxed, and forget about anything negative in my day.”

Words escape me today but I have no worries as others are saying it all very well for me. This young man is ‘killing me softly’ with not only a song, but even more so with his words.

Tofan, Elevator, he does it again, only different.
    How does he do it – and each time he seemlessly gives us these spontaneous, beautiful melodic nuggets. When he says he is “melody sensitive,” he is not kidding.

Good night Mary. ATM. Something Different. Yep. Amazingness.

Tonight I am in awe. Again.

26. Katheryn says:

First-time poster here. Since you have been discussing possible new management for David, I thought you would be interested in learning that Melinda Bell (@MelindaWEG) is apparently NOT David’s new management. I’ve copied and pasted the following from Twitter:

heyitsfrederick @MelindaWEG Hey Melinda!! Is David Archuleta managed by WEG now?

MelindaWEG @heyitsfrederick nope

MelindaWEG @heyitsfrederick why did you ask that?

heyitsfrederick @MelindaWEG I was just wondering since you tweeted about him a few times (and I wish he was!) I love WEG!

MelindaWEG @heyitsfrederick thanks

• awestruck says:

Thanks for this info Katheryn. Would David still be under Jive/Azoff until his CD comes out? Maybe the question to MelindaWEG should have been is David considering/is WEG interested in becoming his new management?

Hi Katheryn, thanks for posting the info about WEG. Well, that’s interesting, was wondering if it was a done deal or not…well I guess not. Maybe she is just a fan? Or doing a little temporary promo, who knows.
    Maybe David still hasn’t decided which floor to get off on.

Lots of great visuals, sounds and warmth here with all the great and awesome videos, the wonderfully adorable 4 part interview and more song snippets today! They are beautiful teasers for sure, this album will be David through and through, couldn’t be better.
    Will have to catch up more tomorrow. Oh I would love to be at one of those small, intimate acoustic shows he’s been doing, couldn’t get much sweeter.

:::::::::::::::speechless::::::::::::::;

• awestruck says:

ditto refnaf ditto – and how ’bout a hug to get us through this? (((ref)))

Hugs to all others who also are in need…

emmegirl, I like your glass of wine analogy! Maybe that’s why I’m as speechless as Refnaf … I’ve watched enough to finish a whole bottle! 😆

Welcome, Katheryn!!! Very interesting. Melinda must be “courting” David as a possible client … I think she got more than she bargained for though, as I’ve seen fans bombarding her with tweets asking how can we help David get more radio play and other “suggestions.”

peppertara, “Maybe David still hasn’t decided which floor to get off on.” bahahaha, LOVE that!

I watched that 1000 Miles again just before bed last night and there’s something about the simple purity of it that dissolves me … peppertara, I’m sure that intimate environment had a lot to do with that … like he was back on his home piano in that old pre-Idol YouTube. Only now he can look into the eyes of the people listening … and smile, knowing how far he’s come.

Thanks awestruck, I needed that…. bottle of wine not a bad idea either… it is 5:00pm here>hola!!!

There is so much to this young man. I could listen to him talk about music forever. I think what comes to him so naturally is a gift and he is so unsullied (is that a word) and pure in his responses. The way he answered the question about what he sees for himself in 10 years> WHO THE HECK ELSE would answer that way?????

I really am speechless….he really wants to give exactly what we are getting from him….gah

lol, peppertara, “Maybe David still hasn’t decided which floor to get off on.”
    Seems all very strange to me.. I give up, at least on the worrying about it part.

Another tweet from Ms. Melinda:

@MelindaWEG: @Tobym23 I am a manager, I work for weg. We are not davids managers. 😉

Not sure what the “wink” is all about. My guess is that they’re hoping to be.

So the job’s still open, guys! Send in those CVs! 😉

33. MunkFOD says:

refnaf…yeah…that’s what I was thinking…I trust David. I hope he has enough quiet, alone time to think through things…..I am not going to worry. I am just going to focus on David’s music and supporting him the best I can.

I look at the gorgeous picture by Matt (David doing the balancing act) and listen to David’s interview (which are unbelievably awesome!) and think, David future has always been guided and I am sure it still will be.

Thanks for the great article TOFan! I lurk here everyday! Love the comments!

34. betsy says:

That Thousand Miles <3333

His joy in singing is so evident here. It's written all over his face.

35. embe says:

Ok, so there’s been so much going on lately that I’m gonna have to divide my comments a bit lol.

The Matt Clayton photo: Excuse me?!?! White pants? Eyelashes? Plaid? What the heck is he trying to do?!?!

The Q&A: So, David finds hand-holding gross. 5-year-old David FTW. THEN, he answers questions about his life in 10 years or about the meaning of music like friggin GANDHI, only better. I’d love to run a scan on his brain and see what is going on in there.

The new runs and other accessories in the songs: If he just makes that stuff up right then and there IT IS SO UNFAIR. Nobody should have the right to constantly surprise people like that. I want to be able to predict, because that is the safe way. But David just keeps coming up with new stuff and it’s killing me ’cause I kinda want to keep a mental scrapbook about all the runs and changes and now there’s just too many!!

So, in conclusion: I’m reporting David to the police. Attempted WOman-slaughter and ridiculously good looks combined with total cluelessness about being so darn HOT should do it.

• awestruck says:

“THEN, he answers questions about his life in 10 years or about the meaning of music like friggin GANDHI, only better. I’d love to run a scan on his brain and see what is going on in there.”

Yeah embe – like GANDHI… and he would be off any chart their is out there, though I would love to see the results of a scan too, LOL

IDK embe, trying to get him arrested on grounds like that might just backfire and we would end up visiting YOU in lock up – I’ll bring chicken soup though…

LOL, embe, you go, girl! There are a lot of infractions you could charge David with … Murder by 1000 Miles; assault with a deadly smile, and wielding My Hands without a licence, for a start … 😆

• embe says:

Awestruck: Thanks for the chicken soup – might get cold behind bars ❤

TOfan: I don't understand how David can get away with so many crimes, happening right THERE, in your face, publicly! Are the cops stuffing their faces with donuts or how do they not notice?! Or maybe the answer is the most obvious one…. just look at David. How can you put that face in jail? So UNFAIR.

oops THERE is out there…

OK I just watched the Q&A vids. He is too much.

The 4th one – he is seriously adorbs <33333333 "Why is my brain so much slower than anyone elses?" I totally thought things like that when I was in high school too.

38. Katheryn says:

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I’ve visited this site a few times before, usually following a link. I’m not Canadian, but I do live in a border state (Washington, near Seattle), so perhaps I can be considered an “Honorary SnowAngel”!

I see there are lots more tweets today to and from Melinda. She is still insisting she’s not David’s management, but perhaps she is lobbying for the job. I find these 2 tweets especially interesting:

MelindaWEG @Tobym23 david knows I am here to help him if he needs it.

MelindaWEG Crazy, 3 artists I deal with have the words “Who I Am” in one of their song titles… Can you name them?

I tell you, this woman is a tease!

For sure, Katheryn, consider yourself an Honorary SnowAngel! You’re practically on the 49th Parallel!

I think you’re right about Melinda lobbying for the job. Not sure if that approach will work with David, though. lol Seems so strange he’s at such an important point in his career without good solid management representing him. But better to wait for the right person and the right time … sounds like one of his interview answers, bahahaha.

Katheryn – Absolute welcome here as an Honorary SnowAngel, and you are not alone with that title.

Re Melinda, she sure is a good sport about answering the fan tweets, lol

“MelindaWEG @Tobym23 david knows I am here to help him if he needs it.”
    Yes, that’s an interesting Tweet Katheryn.
    I’m thinking David has maybe had talks with WEG reps and has probably checked out a few others (floor 4, 5 & 6) to be precise, ha.

I’m not worried though….think you’re right TOfan, he is waiting for the right person and the right time. I feel David will attract the best of the best available to support him. He is so darn wise for those 19 yrs of his! He’s no ordinary young artist flailing around in the music biz trying to make a go of it. He knows what he feels right about and he goes with it and learns so quickly too.
    Perfect examples in that wonderful 4 part interview. I just love his balance of sweet, young, funny, honest as they come David to the wise, worthy, wonderful age old wisdom he demonstrates in only the way he can. I is priceless and refreshing and so joyful to see.
    His acoustic sets that he does, priceless too.
    Thanks for all the posts here, he’s keeping busy these days, yay and an upcoming tour (which he says they are working on)…..such anticipation, keep your fingers crossed Snowangelz.
    Oh and hugs too…to any one that needs it. Just gave out some today to a friend and a relative who lost their pets yesterday. The ups and downs, things are gonna get better, whatever it is.
    Somewhere…I heard David say that the world needs a song like that right now…..yes he makes your heart beam. 🙂

peppertara –

– has probably checked out a few others (floor 4, 5 & 6) to be precise, ha.

– He knows what he feels right about and he goes with it and learns so quickly too.

– I just love his balance of sweet, young, funny, honest as they come David to the wise, worthy, wonderful age old wisdom he demonstrates in only the way he can.

– The ups and downs, things are gonna get better, whatever it is.

Well, I have pretty much just recopied your comment, lol. Says it all for me this morning.

Me three, peppertara & awestruck!

And I think where you heard David say that was in this clip.

Interesting that he admits that the title “Things Are Gonna Get Better” could be considered cheesy, because that’s exactly what I thought when I first read it … but despite that, I knew in my heart that it wouldn’t be cheesy when I heard him sing it (even though I’d never heard it before) … why? For the exact reason he gives here … because of the naked truth you feel every time he sings. (“Let’s get crackin'” 😆 )

• embe says:

“Let’s get crackin’ before I say anything else that doesn’t make sense” LOL ❤ I'm running out of words here, so I'll just say I LOVE HIM SO VERY MUCH.

New Idol Chatter/York Dispatch interview:

Fave bit:
    Chatter: Any plans to tour after the release of this album? If so, how soon after the release of this album?

David: We’re actually talking about doing some touring soon. I can’t wait to go on tour again. It’s something that’s really enjoyable. It’s where it all pays off after the hard work of doing the music. You get to perform, have a good time, sing to the fans and see what songs they react to and see them having a good time.

Read whole interview HERE.

Finally some PROMO!!!!!!

David is scheduled to appear on Regis & Kelly on October 6th, acc. to this listing. Hope he sings Elevator!!!!!!

TOfan, great news!

Think Regis and Kelly will notice any difference from the interview/performance in May 2008???

That Angel’s performance was so lovely to listen to again.

OOPS forgot to post the link, lol

47. MunkFOD says:

He’s gonna blow everyone away! So excited for the next couple of weeks! Feel like I am going to explode!

48. embe says:

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!

Come on David, hurry up with the tour plans so I can start packing! I cannot believe my dream is THIS close to coming true ❤

• vermeer says:

I am excited for you Embe! Dreams coming true is such an awesome thing! Besides finally seeing David in the flesh, I promise it would be great fun to finally meet the fans too. It’d great if I could meet you too. Ya never know! From SnowAngelz I’ve had the pleasure of meeting the fearless (and hilarious) leader TOfan, the lovely Refnaf, and the equally lovely Awestruck (and Mr. Awestruck)! It is one of the best things of being a fan.

49. Katheryn says:

MelindaWEG:

Can’t hold it in anymore…It’s official we have a new client! Welcome @DavidArchie to the @WEGMusic family!! Letssss goooo

YES!!! David has signed with Wright Entertainment Group:

50. You made some decent points there. I looked on the net to learn more about the issue
    and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.