True story: This afternoon I snuck a peek at David Archuleta’s vlog at the office as soon as it was posted, then right after had to attend an all-company staff meeting. The first part of the meeting was a deathly boring profit-loss presentation.
Then, the president of the company, who’s NEVER called on me once during one of these meetings, decided to address me directly… meanwhile, I had completely zoned out ’cause I was replaying the vlog in my head.
There was this awkward silence that seemed to go on for all eternity as 70 pairs of eyes turned to me for my response to his question. All I could think of was “wackety wack” (don’t worry, I kept that to myself). Thank goodness he took pity on me and repeated his question.
Note to self: Never watch a David vlog before a meeting … or operating heavy machinery!
I don’t know about you, but this was my favourite (non-Toronto 🙂 ) vlog so far. (Although the “mirror mirror on the wall” one is a close second.) Why? Let me count the ways.
1) It was long. Ramble away ramblin’ man.
2) It had David in it…. seriously though, do you need much more than that?
3) The hair’s in a good place.
4) He looks more grown-up, more self-assured. Like his own older brother or something.
5) LOVE the way he says his friend’s name, “Joy.” Want that as my ring tone! lol
6) Had to laugh at the way he basically told us (in his own Davidish way) that he doesn’t want to get the Fanatic Fan Teen Choice Award. Been there, won that.
7) He seemed so, so … so happy! Not giggly, bouncy David happy, but deep-down-to-your-toes I-know-I’m-on-the-right-path-and-please-come-along-with-me-because-I-want-to-share-it-all-with-you-guys happy. You know?
8 ) Selfishly, it made me feel special. Every word he said made me feel appreciated and valued for doing something I couldn’t help even if I tried — supporting and cheering on this incredible guy. It reminded me of why I do this, and made me proud to be a fan of someone so genuine and real and true blue.
9) Loved that he made reference to our “job” and his: “Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate what you do and it just makes me want to work hard to do what I do.”
10) Best. Ending. Ever. “I’m feelin’ really good about things. Life is good. And God is good. And you guys are great. So. I’ll talk to you guys later.” *waves*
So what did you guys think? (I won’t ask how many times you watched it!) Fave parts? How do you feel after watching David’s vlogs?
P.S. I’m also sooooo intrigued with the Power Balance Silicone Wristband he was wearing. According to amazon.com, it uses “Performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body’s natural energy field. When the hologram comes in contact with your bodys energy field, it allows your body to interact with the natural, beneficial frequency stored within the hologram resulting in improved energy flow throughout your body. Helps promote balance, strength, and flexibility.
Holograms? Energy fields? Oh my heck, he IS a superhero!
P.P.S. Embe, the screen cap of the 1st two secs up top is just for you. lol