David Archuleta in 3-D

This may sound crazy, but lately every time I hear about a new 3-D movie coming out, David Archuleta pops into my head. (And not only because I think a 3D Imax concert film is def. in his future!)

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and when I saw this enhanced vid from the lovely jackryan4DA this morning, it all came together for me. Not that David’s ever been two-dimensional, but there seems to be a brand new dimension emerging in our guy these days. He’s older, wiser, bolder, brasher … heck, even taller (he looked like a giant standing next to Kris Allen at the A.I. Finale).

I don’t know if it’s the book-writing process or delving deep for songwriting or just the maturity that comes with new responsibility and new horizons, but he’s taking quantum leaps and 3-D glasses may be needed soon to keep up!

Here are just a few things that struck me recently:

If I Could Only Be

Since when did Mr. “I don’t know if I’m allowed to say” bust out with a brand-new never-before-heard-or-recorded song? The fact that he introduced it with “I hope it’ll get to be on the album” tells me that maybe the label doesn’t love it right now as much as he does and this was his sly way to build some buzz for his baby. (He probably wishes he’d done the same for Zero Gravity on the last album.) … and those dance moves??? Who IS this person?

Interview Skillz

The days of Spacey David during interviews are long gone. Not only is he taking control of each interview (with his trademark charm and “dry wit” of course) but plugging his book, book tour, single and new CD like a seasoned vet. When one DJ asked him to come back when the book was released, David jumped in and asked him to make sure to play the new single when it comes out in July. I almost fell out of my chair. And the interview with Showbiz Shelly??? I can’t stop replaying … I think they should have a talk show … with no other guests.

Picking an Idol winner

At the end of Season 8, David was Switzerland … completely neutral when asked who he thought would win Idol. This year, he managed to let it be known that his choice was Lee while also gracefully acknowledging Crystal’s talent … if this singing thing doesn’t pan out he could work for the U.N.

I thought Kizzi described 3-D David beautifully on the last thread:

As beebee says, a plaid tie should be worn for Pad Thai. 🙂 (Photo: JustJaredJr.)

He’s grown up my fellow David fan friends. 2 years later, that man-boy from AI7 has fully crossed over to the world of G.R.O.W.N. U.P.

Oh, yes, to-be-sure, a spiffy, brand new grown up…no mistake about it. None-the-less, a R.E.A.L., bona fide, grown up.

We’ve mused in the past about his old soul and wisdom beyond his years.

AND, today, after this week’s news, videos, and interviews, this is a MAN who has embraced completely not only who he IS but also with a full awareness of the fact that he IS the MASTER of his own destiny.

It’s time now to fasten our seat belts, hold on to our hats, and take a deep breath as this David fan journey has only just begun its entry into light speed.

Today I am compelled to look at Rudyard Kipling’s epic poem, “If,” as the best descriptor of this moment in this journey:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream – and not make dreams your master;
If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings – nor lose the common touch;

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run –
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And – which is more – you’ll be a Man my son!

….you have done all that and more David…

P.S. And the first verse of “If I Could Only Be” sounds like this to me:

All that I have tried to be
Someone with a cell phone day
Agony and ecstasy,
I could be that guy some day

In other words, I’m stumped.

Update, new Elevate vids & mp3s!

Gotta Be cover (ending rocks!)

Download mp3 HERE.

If I Could Only Be

Download mp3 HERE.

Hey, Soul Sister cover

Download mp3 HERE.

Credits:JennaFab33 and Star100.7 with big thanks to Snarkies/Pounce84/AnnieDAFG!

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to David Archuleta in 3-D

I love the 3-D analogy TOfan. So true!

And AFS had this as the first verse over at FanScene:

All that I could try to be,
    Someone that just wasn’t there
    When I could be in ecstasy,
    Part of me got lost out there
    Just this once I’ll try
    Spread these broken wings and fly

I’m terrible at deciphering lyrics – the music and lyrics just blend for me and I experience the feeling of the song mostly. I look forward to everyone’s decoding abilities. 😀

2. Lorna says:

Hi TOfan & Refnaf,

Me likeeee very much maturing David. It’s truly something else to be on this journey with him.

It’s great to see/listen to these recent interviews where it’s becoming very apparent they no longer look at David as being this awkward kid from AI, but rather a respected artist.

Kizzi, loved your poem selection.

3. Trish says:

Hey everyone 🙂

Thanks so much for posting enhanced vid from the lovely jackryan4DA !! I’m totally diggin the vibe on the song … still can’t make out most of the lyrics LOL … but what the heck loving the sound !!

“He’s older, wiser, bolder, brasher …” 🙂 Think he is changing it up and having FUN !!! Happy for him !!!

” … I think they should have a talk show … with no other guests.” <== very much YES !!!! would be EPIC !!!

and picking an Idol winner …. Wow !!! he very diplomatically said who he felt should be the next American Idol 🙂

IT'S ALL GOOD !!!

Aways enjoy reading the posts … thanks so much !!!! <3<3<3

Yes!!! TOfan…. David is “older, wiser, bolder, brasher … did you notice at the end of “If I could only be” he askes for feedback, wanting to know how peeps liked it! His confidence is good to see and he is getting much more respect and love from interviewers, No more awkward label!!

I am into COS and really think that the process of writing this book has beem instrumental in helping David mature and articulate in his day to day dealings who he is and where he wants to go…I have heard it said, that once you write something down, it becomes more real and true for you. It is all a part of him becoming more “3-D” (get me some glasses., quick)

Kiplings poem does speak volumes in terms of David (TY Kizzi)

“If I could only Be” is growing on me…. the melody gets into my brain… and what he could do for this live would be thrilling. If you listen beyuond the bad audio, the vibe is awesome. The lyrics (LOL Kizzi at your first verse) are driving me nuts…. some of them seem so cheesy… the “oh, oh, oh,” and the “agony and ecstasy” and the “harmony” hopefully when we get to hear all the lyrics in their context it will be better for me **ducks**
    emmegirl, hope you don’t mind I brought your guessed lyrics over from the Voice:

If I Could Only Be

All my life I tried to be
    Someone that just was ..??
    If I can be an ..? to see
    Part of me got lost one day

Just this once, why not try
    Spread this broken wing and fly

If I could only be
    What this world wants me to be, yeah
    Could I finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony

Cause all your life you try to be
    The robot that they want you to be, oh, oh
    Live your life like you’d be ..?, yeah
    (Cast your sail for Gallilee)

Sometime, (sometime)
    Though never..?

If you could only be
    What this world wants you to be, yeah
    Would you finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah

And I feel like I know nothing and everything
    oh, oh, oh
    And I can’t ..? with all that you thought of me
    oh, oh, oh
    So (when I get through OR what I’ve been through)I am who I’m meant to be
    oh oh ho oh

If we could only be
    What this world wants us to be, yeah
    Could we’d finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah yeah

Got to be
    Got to be free

Repeat

Oh,oh, oh, ohhhhhhh

If we could only be
    What this world wants us to be
    Could we finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah ye

***waves*** to trish and Lorna

*more waves to Trish & Lorna!!!*

Speaking of 3-D glasses, lol, here’s D. checking out his hair in the lady’s glasses! 😆

7. lisa says:

my fave thing about this new set of interviews is that he is finally PROMOTING HIS MUSIC!!!! and talking about what is going on for him/book tour/writing and new album. I was sooo glad to hear that. in the past its been a lot about cooks great song….blah blah blah…or somebody else’s work….good david promote YOU! b/c we all know jive doesn’t lol 🙂

TOfan, no, no 3D David pleeease! This is gonna come down to personal survival skills! He is definitely in the pilot’s seat now, no passenger here!

Loved your thoughts on him kinda doing the ZG thing with IOICB! I love it. Cranked it up and jammed to it all morning running errands and man, does it get you going!

refnaf, wish we could by some miracle get the lyrics. I think the agony/ecstasy is probably off the mark. Wish we could get that first stand because it probably sets the tone for the song and we could possibly guess a goodly portion of the rest.

I don’t mind the “harmony” part, I think it is referring to internal harmony, not external.
    One thing that makes it more difficult is that he pronounces words differently (which I love), so the’re not as obvious.

And that red carpet video, oh mhy goodness!

Lisa – hi! If you click on the title “Twitter Updates” that TOfan has above David’s latest twitter you can check out a few earlier tweets about the dates and places of his book signings. What is amazing to me is that he in not only doing his own promotion, but that he sounds comfortable in doing so. Great though.

• Trish says:

Lisa and awestruck … I totally agree …. love that he is promoting his music, book, etc and does seem to be comfortable now doing it !!! In the interviews and now on Twitter !!! Go David !! Yayyy !!!

I thought it was funny that he tweeted “check the fan sites” … not his OWN site! LOL Guess he knows where we really go for info! 😆

um, this is so embarrassing … I didn’t know that about clicking on the Twitter Updates title, thank you! *blushes*

Been listening in car today…doesn’t all fit, but here it is anyway. I know it’s ridiculous but maybe somebody will eventually figure it out! It is driving me craaazy!

If I Could Only Be

All …??
    Cell phone that just doesn’t ring
    When I can be in ecstasy
    Part of me got lost one day, eehh

Just this once, why not try
    Spread this broken wing and fly

If I could only be
    What this girl wants me to be, yeah
    Could I finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony

All your life you try to be
    The robot that they want you to be, oh, oh
    Live your life like you’d be me
    Got your fill, you gotta leave

Sometime, sometime
    Though never a..?

If you could only be
    What this world wants you to be, yeah
    Would you finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah

And I feel like I know nothing another thing
    oh, oh, oh
    And I can’t be apart with all that you’ve done to me
    oh, oh, oh

Oh,oh, oh, ohhhhhhh

If we could only be
    What this world wants us to be
    Could we finally feel free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah yeah

I’m on a mission!

emme, I finally lost it and tweeted the source & asked him to please tell us the words! 😆

TOfan, lol! My hero!

(crossing fingers and toes)

emmegirl – if it will help I’ll cross my eyeballs too!

TOfan, lol! Mine would probably stick!

awestruck, so sorry. Why I typed TOfan, I have no idea! That’s a pretty nice compliment though, huh?

16. SandyBeaches says:

David, please answer TOfan’s tweet!

IS ANYONE FROM CANADA GOING TO A BOOK SIGNING? OR OUR ADOPTED CANADIAN KIZZI?

It doesn’t seem like there are many of my fan friends who are.

WILL YOU GO IF THERE IS ONE IN CHICAGO??

I hope that I am not speaking too loudly, but he may not be on tour for another ‘6’ months or so…half another year!!

SB

• Kizzi says:

No book signings for me SB. Family vacation starting tomorrow. I might make one if more are announced for later in June or continue into July.

Chicago would be cool but so would Toronto or Montreal or Quebec or Calgary or Vancouver or Halifax! Now that’s a beautiful dream. 😀

Kizzi, that IS a beautiful dream! Have a wonderful vacation! <333

• SandyBeaches says:

Kizzi…The city names sound wonderful…I wonder just how long it might take to have him here in Canada and touring to all the cities like all the other stars do.

Have a great vacationa and maybe we will get to a signing after all!

SB

Fantabulous interview

say with me ‘spanish album’, ‘spanish album’, spanish album’

18. archiesfan4life says:

Hi everyone!

Zoe and I have been very busy planning our trip to Bookends on Tuesday – we promise to post all about it – it should be interesting:). We have been to several concerts together, but have never met David face to face – we are so excited I am not sure we will survive!

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

archiesfan and zoe have a great time enjoying each others company and when meeting David!

Something TOfan suggested to me before I met David my first time… something along the line of ‘just remember that he is, after all, just a teenager and human like the rest of us’ One thing for certain that I observed is that he really, really likes meeting his fans!

And YES PLEASE post away.

20. janey says:

from BOOKENDS, NJ…

We are getting lots a calls about the rules for the David Archuleta signing at Bookend. Please read and send the following to all your friends. *
    *Here are the signing guidelines for Bookends given to us by the *publisher:**
    *The books will go on sale on Tuesday, June 1st 8:00am, on a first-come,first-served basis. Books must be purchased at Bookends. They are $22.95 plus tax. We accept all major credit cards except for Discover.*
    *Your book along with your Bookends receipt is your (ticket) to get into the signing. No wrist bands will be issued. Therefore, you can either get in line or come back later in the afternoon and get in line. Your call. *
    *There is no limit to the number of books you can purchase per person.*
    *He will personalize books the day of the signing only. Name only….. no message.*
    *No memorabilia will be signed*
    *He has agreed to stay sign as long as it takes. Pictures from the line only ….no posed pictures with David.*
    * *
    *We expect a large crowd so plan accordingly and be patient. We will move people through as quickly as possible.*
    *Looking forward to seeing you all there! *
    *Bookends*

• archiesfan4life says:

Thanks for this info janey – it is good to know that David will stay to sign everyone’s books, but the poor guy – and this is just the first stop on his book tour!

Thanks so much, Janey, have posted the info in the sidebar!

awestruck, that IS a great interview. I have a feeling his Spanish album could end up being his biggest breakthrough … after much techno-spazzing, I’ve embedded the interview in a widget in the sidebar for easy access. 🙂

I’ve also added some MUCH clearer vids from the Elevate party to the end of the post above, along with clearer mp3s for download (big thanks to fa3ryg1rl at Snarkies!)

archiesfan4life, I’m so excited for you & Zoe, please be our live SAz reporters!!!

• archiesfan4life says:

We will definitely report back to SAz – just give us time to come back down to earth:)

• awestruck says:

TOfan – you could be right about the breakthrough with a spanish album. Thanks for “techno spazzing” it to the sidebar lol

and thanks too for the clearer vid’s/downloads…

emme, I think I’ve cracked the code of the 1st verse! (thanks to the new clearer vids!):

All my life I’ve tried to be
    Someone that just wasn’t me
    With agony and ecstasy
    Part of me got lost someday
    Just this once I will try to spread these broken wings and fly
    If I could only be
    What this world wants me to be, ya
    Could I finally feel free? ya
    And live in harmony?

If all your life you try to be
    the brother that they want you to be
    Living life I can’t see ???
    not just a reality
    ???
    ???
    ???
    If you could only be
    what this world wants you to be, ya
    could you finally feel free, ya
    and live in harmony, ya

And I feel like I know nothing and everything, oh oh oh
    And I can’t …. the thought that you’re gonna leave, oh oh oh
    When I’m with you I am who I’m meant to beeeeeeeeeee

If we could only be
    what this world wants us to be, ya
    could we finally feel free, ya
    and live in harmony, ya

etc.

Even without the words,can’t get this tune outta my head!

23. SandyBeaches says:

Question repeated…Are there any Canadians going to a book signing? I know that the answer is probably no, but still I ask the crazy question…

SB

SB – I wish more than anything that I was going to a signing. But no, I’m not.

Also, I really think David’ll come to Canada next tour (which I know is really far away). But still I’m actually randomly optimistic about it.

Also not having internet whenever I want is kinda killing me. Can someone please tell me MUST WATCH interviews/performances etc. for the last 2 week and a bit. I’ve seen If I could only be, and I watched the idol finale. I have yet to listen to the showbiz shelly interview but it’s still on my todo list. Am I missing anything crucial??

Also, I love this 3D David analogy. David keeps growing up its ridiculous. Just when I think he has reached his perfectness, he one-ups himself. <333333333

abanana – listen to the interview that TOfan has on the side bar near the top. It was an interview on the red carpet, AI 9 finale.

For sure, I think that one & Showbiz Shelly & the new clearer Elevate vids at the end of the post & you’re good to go! 🙂 (Reminds me of David’s tweet a while back about emergency preparedness, lol. Your survival kit! hahaha)

And this new interview about COS from the Deseret News, click HERE.

(I had to laugh at this snarky but funny comment there:
      He’ll be getting a lifetime achievement award next. 🙂“)

26. jackryan4DA says:

I understand some have trouble viewing or downloading this gem of a vid, so I uploaded to YT– it is the LA Times Red Carpet Interview – me thinks it is the best of all RC interviews this fnale

Did you hear that guys? A spanish album as the next project!!! (multiple exclamation points warranted, yes?)

27. jackryan4DA says:

BTW, thatvid is part of a playlist I assembled re David’s appearances & red carpet interviews on Seasons 8 and 9 – http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=924076CFD44EE4DF, for anyone interested.

• awestruck says:

JR – big time thanks for the playlist! There were actually a couple I hadn’t seen. How did I miss them?

28. jackryan4DA says:

REFNAF & EMMIEGIRL – these are the lyrics I hear

IF I COULD ONLY BE

Oh whoa oh-oh whoa oh-yeah
    Oh whoa oh-oh ohhhhh
    Oh whoa oh ooohhh

All my life I try to be
    Someone that just wasn’t vain
    In agony, in ecstasy
    Pardon me if I get lost someday, yeah

Just this once, gotta try
    Spread these broken wings and fly

If I could only be
    What this world wants me to be
    Could I finally be free, yeah
    And live in harmony

he part that I could try to be
    Is the world out there that wants you to dare, ooohhh
    Livin’ life like MTV, yeah
    Got to take reality

So am tired, so you’re tired
    Though we never have tried

If you could only be
    What this world wants you to be
    Could you finally be free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah

And I feel like I am nothing and everything, oh oh oh
    And I can’t get give up with all that’s in front of me, oh oh oh
    Though when I’m with you
    I am who I’m meant to be
    Oh oh ohhhhhh

If we could only be
    What this world wants us to be
    Could we finally be free
    And live in harmony, yeah
    yeaaaaaaah

Got to be me, got to be free (2x)
    Ohhh ohhh ohhhhh

If we could only be, yeah
    What this world wants us to be, yeah
    Could we finally be free, yeah
    And live in harmony, yeah yeah yeah oohhhhhhh

29. jackryan4DA says:

Pabuckie has interesting lines to offer and I agree with her correction on these verses:

[s]The part that I could try to be
    Is the world out there that wants you to dare, ooohhh
    Livin’ life like MTV, yeah
    Got to take reality[/s]

If all your life you try to be
    The world out there that wants you to dare
    Live Your Life Like MTV
    But that just ain’t reality –> [i]NOTE: am taking the full verse correction from Pabuckie’s version. I think she got this verse right down pat 🙂 Thanks PABUCKIE![/i]

[s]And I feel like I am nothing and everything, oh oh oh
    And I can’t give up with all that’s in front of me, oh oh oh
    Though[/s] [i]–> I agree with Pabuckie’s correction[/i]

And I feel like I know nothing & everything
    And I cant keep up with all that’s in front of me
    But when I’m with you
    I am who I’m meant to be
    Oh oh ohhhhhh

30. jackryan4DA says:

If we are hearing it right, I now understand why he likes this song. Am also inclined to believe he helped pen this song.

Am warming up to this song. Especially if he develops the vocal memory for this and eventually nails it – like every other song he has commanded.

With constant listening & singing since last night, even I have the breathing down pat. Am sure he will stylize the portions where the melody tends to be monotonous and not extend the ending of the lines/phrases in a similar pattern. And if played an itsy bit slower, so he can snatch breath where it matters, the jazzy groove can even be enhanced.

This has potential. OK, am changing my verdict on this one. Liking it now.

But wouldn’t it be great if he can release SNY?

Break is done. Back to the salt mines for me folks. CYL!

31. jackryan4DA says:

Me again, hehe
    Anyone here from Washington? It appears he will be singing the National Anthem on June 9, 2010 at the NATS GAME.

Hot 99.5FM Interview, May 26, 2010

LOL – me thinks the DJ got a painful lesson or two from the archies!

Check out Hot99.5FM’s UPDATED gallery here – http://www.hot995.com/cc-common/gallery/display.html?album_id=233021

Mornin’ SAz. Tomorrow is the big release day. It will be fun to see all the hoop la and fan doings. 😀

Thanks for the interview & playlist, JR! And now I’m thinking that the reason we might be having so much trouble deciphering the song lyrics is because David might have forgot some of them & is sort of stumbling his way through on some of the lines (he does that in Gotta Be a little)! LOL

JR, I also was lukewarm on that song at first (didn’t grab me right away like Crush or ZG) but now I love it and I totally agree that once he’s nailed the vocal technically, he’ll be able to put even more soul into the melody line. Makes me even more excited to hear what the new album will have in store for us!

Kizzi, yes, you’re right, better fasten our seatbelts! 🙂

((((JR)))) Thanks for your vids… **bows** to the vid queen, lol.

Love the work you all have been doing on the lyrics… TOfan I think you maybe right that David messed up some of the words, and that’s what makes them really hard to catch in places. The song is growing on me…. I confess that even the “oh, oh, oh,” part lingers in my head and gets me lifted, that is what he does, even with something that hit me as cheesy at first.

Kizzi, my seatbelt is fastened and I am eager for news and vids from tomorrows signing… yay!

Thanks awestruck & TOfan! I am making a physical list of stuff I NEED to watch/listen to. Haha I have this thing on my ipod that download youtube videos dircetly to my ipod. So I’ve been going to work, downloading videos at my break (because I have wireless at my work) and watching them when I get home. Haha. And then stealing my aunts internet whenever I get the chance. It’s exhausting though. Haha

Anyways, re lyrics, I really think the “livin’ life like MTV” that someone suggested is right. Haha that’s all I have to add because I am so terrible at listening to lyrics. But I also agree with TOfan that he might have stubbled over some of the lyrics too. Bahaha.

GUYS I am so excited about tomorrow… but I don’t think I’ll be able to keep up once crazy amounts of videos/storys/pictures and such get released. I think I’m going to have to move in with my aunt! Haha

Awesome review of COS from SLCweekly.net HERE.
    (thanks @steve_seb for the find!)

Fave bits:
    “Obviously, the June 1 release of David Archuleta’s Chords of Strength will elicit howls of amusement from literary naysayers. And, admittedly, the very idea that a young man not yet in his 20s—whose claim to fame is having been a runner-up on Fox’s American Idol a two years ago—could dare publish a memoir comes as something as a shock. … But, I say, screw those literary naysayers. The bigger shock for them will be that, despite his youth, Archuleta (with the help of journalist/ethnomusicologist Monica Haim) managed to come up with a personal account that is engaging, readable and even inspiring.”

37. SandyBeaches says:

I hope that journalists will grab good sense with their reviews, especiall if they talk about him beng only 19 and so on and on. He is being an influence to many young people as a young person who they can identify with and that may be the key to being inspirational. Life is not all about older people being the only ones with good sense and experience. Heaven knows, I think that we bore ourselves sometimes.

What is annoying is that the majority of journalists think that they will need to be negative to draw attention to their writings because after all, this is their career and that is often their writing technique.

I know that there will be a share of writers who seriously appreciate David and I will enjoy their reviews.

SB

38. Zoe says:

Hi Snow Angelz!

Just dropping by to let you know that Archiesfan4life and I will be going to the premiere booksigning tomorrow in NJ!

We are super psyched and promise to report back here on our experience!! Neither one of us have met the GREAT ONE before now…so many concerts but no M&G’s, so tomorrow will be EPIC for us!

Getting a “TINGLY FEELING” just thinkin’ about it! 🙂

We’ll be arriving in the morning, then hanging around for 8 hours or so. It’s crazy, but we don’t want to travel 2 hours only to find out they’ve sold out of books. Hope to meet up with Bebereader and others from the fansites.

Meanwhile, if my family knew the lengths to which I will go to indulge my ODD, they’d have me committed by now. I’m quite sure I used to be a sane, reasonably sensible middle-aged woman. I hardly recognize myself anymore, lol.

(((Zoe))) “I used to be a sane, reasonably sensible middle-aged woman. I hardly recognize myself anymore, lol.” Me too, though I really like the person I’ve become!

Have FUN tomorrow and yes please, when you are able, share your thoughts (coherent or not) LOL

Zoe and AF4L… Have a blast tomorrow!!! So excited for you…. remember to breathe!!! eeeeep!

Awestruck… ditto,

{{{Zoe & AF4Life}}}
    An EPIC day for you, indeed! I’m getting that tingly feeling too, and I’m not even going! LOL A day you’ll both NEVER forget. *sniff*

And I now officially love David Cook for tweeting:
    @thedavidcook @DavidArchie saw your book in borders today. Looked for the audiobook version that you narrated, but to no avail… Lol congrats man.

Audio book, yessss!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Oh, the idea of David reading his book to us… can we dare to hope??? That would be something beautiful indeed!

Newsflash from @pecanpie on Twitter: David will be appearing on Good Day N.Y. tomorrow morning (8-9 a.m. ET), check your local FOX station!

To everyone going to the booksigning tomorrow, have a fabulous and unforgettable time, know you will. Enjoyed everyone’s posts, vids, etc. Really enjoying David’s new song, gets better and better!
    I loved D Cook’s tweet as well, audio book, oh yes! Maybe we all need to tweet David about an audio book, lol.
    Feel very proud of David, always do with every amazing accomplishment from his young self. Like a proud mama in a way! Great review from SLCweekly. Really hoping to see more of the same. Just wish the best for David.

TOfan thanks for the newsflash. Good Day N.Y. tomorrow, wonderful!

46. jackryan4DA says:

“Anyways, re lyrics, I really think the “livin’ life like MTV” that someone suggested is right. Haha ”

ABANANA – I agree. Am maintaining that line. Actually for that verse, there are only words I adopted from Pabuckie’s correction, something like this:

And I feel like I know (instead of “am) nothing and everything, oh oh oh
    And I can’t keep (instead of “give”) up with all that’s in front of me, oh oh oh
    But (instead of “though”) when I’m with you –>
    I am who I’m meant to be
    Oh oh ohhhhhh

I find that the thematic flow of the song is on contrasts – “agony-ecstasy”; MTV-reality; nothing-everything; trying not be vain-but may end up as one someday (hence pardon me instead of part of me which admittedly is more of my interpretation). The other is the play of words – again a huge interpretation from me – re the use tried vs tired.

So again, if we am hearing & interpreting it correctly, IICOB is a neat piece of song writing. That’s why am liking it now.

JR – It will be VERY interesting indeed when we can hear the words clearly/David provides us with the lyrics,lol. If he did have a hand in writing it we can SURELY expect the nuances/subtlties in the words, just as we get with the lyrics. The melody was intriguing to me from the start.

Oops “just as we get with the MUSIC”