David Archuleta: The write stuff

Congratulations, David!

Chords of Strength won’t be available in Canada until June 8th, but today is the big release day across the U.S.

Watch this space for book signing updates through the day! And a big hug out to everyone going to a signing … including David! 🙂

Announcing: Chords of Strength Book Club!

And for those of you who’ve been fortunate enough to have read the book already, check out our COS Book Club (see Tab up top). It’s tucked away on a separate page so as not to spoil anything for peeps who have yet to stay up till all hours soaking in every page. If you have read the book, however, please share your impressions, thoughts, random thoughts over at the Book Club page.

Hot off the press! (Twitpic from @nickuhlakin)

Here’s the back cover blurb for inspiration:

After a whole lot of soul-searching, I realized that all through my life it was the act of facing and overcoming my insecurities that has always brought out the best in me. Looking back now I see that I was somehow able to tap into the best parts of myself in those moments when I needed to get through a difficult situation– on or off the  stage. It kind of hit me that the most meaningful thing I could do with this book (and my story in general) is to try to inspire people to do the same… There are no hot lights shining in my eyes, no microphones being held up to my face, and no screaming media people barraging me with questions. It’s just you and me.

(Good Day NY vid, thanks to AMCTube2010 & @CanadianArchie!)

Twitpic from @Muldur, with this tweet: "Ok. Guy who is working here just said we have had presidents here and academy award winners and a 19 year old is gonna break a record."

Photo: P. Joseph Photograph, LLC.

Credit: Paul Zimmerman's Facebook, see link below.

Paul Zimmerman Photography Facebook Gallery HERE.

This entry was posted in Special event and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to David Archuleta: The write stuff

1. SandyBeaches says:

What a lovely day and congratulations ‘DAVID’…

The interview above is fabulous!

Bravo DAVID…

SB

SB,
    I know! Loved the intelligent questions they asked him & even though he looks half asleep, what great answers! (And Naked Cowboy 😆 … I spit out my coffee!)

Wow David…

He doesn’t always do impromptu well (the short intro with him back stage before the interview and the short preview in the chair before the interview). I think nerves got him today. BUT, he nailed the interview, imo. He looked relaxed with his ankles crossed?!?

The above YT cut off a bit at the end – David put his left elbow on the arm of the chair, put his forehead in his hand and was laughing – at the naked cowboy. Too funny.

Really liked the shirt, but not too sure about the color (or lack of) lol

4. silverfox says:

Good morning. I don’t want to give away too much, so forgive & my rambling me if I do. 🙂

I read David’s book “Chords of Strength” over the weekend. I learned a lot about David’s early years in Florida. Things I didn’t know and was surprised about his mom’s aspirations when she, her mom & her siblings first came to America in search of a better life. I figured David’s dad was always the one who gave David “pointers” about music & singing, but didn’t realize how much his dad and also his mom were instrumental in shaping and bringing out the genius in David. David made it quite evident throughout the book his dad is the one he credits and thanks the most with what he learned about music. I began to realize David’s siblings may also be very talented in their own right as they were also brought up in the same environment. However just as we see David now, his parents also saw David was special and particularly blessed with something more than just a voice.

David made it a point not to mention many other people who may have helped him along the way and who were part of the journey up to, during and after American Idol. Perhaps he thought it best not to, than to possibly “miss” someone & cause hurt feelings. Just like David to think that way. But this is IMO, of course.

There’s so much more in the book. He goes into much detail about his experience “backstage & behind closed doors” during AI, nothing scandalous, just some surprises & some not so surprising. I am amazed he had the strength at 16-17 to get through it all. What he had was perseverance, faith & prayer, something we all need at times. I was one who growing up didn’t have or believe like David. How I wish I had someone like David in my life when I was a teen.

The level of his maturity and his understanding of what is important in life is inspiring and overwhelming. Many kids his age aspire to be “stars” in order to get rich, buy “things” and live the life of a “celebrity”. David aspires to be the best he can be at whatever path God leads him. If anyone is waiting for David to “fall from grace”, as so many celebrities do, they may as well give it up. David has an undeniable strength of character and it will help him lead an exemplary life for the rest of his life. Of this, I have no doubt. He is an amazing young man, an old soul with a heart of gold. I’m proud to be one of his fans. My only wish is that my kids & grand-kids could see David the way I do. That will always be my wish, but alas like so many others who are blind to the genuine goodness and the amazing talent of David, they will always have tunnel vision. Perhaps it’s just a matter of time when David will give us music that will have those who don’t yet “see” the David we do, to finally understand. I hope so.

I watched David on Good Day NY. He looked great though a little like he didn’t get a lot of sleep. Who could? Today is another milestone in his career. We know his sis Jazzy is there. Hope that means the rest of his family are there as well. He needs to be able to share this day with those he loves most. 🙂

Have a great day Snow Angelz! Hope everyone enjoys sharing a “one on one” with David through his book “Chords of Strength”.

5. silverfox says:

FORGIVE ME & MY RAMBLING IF I DO!!!!

(wow did I mess that up, sorry!)

6. silverfox says:

BTW, I am loving his hair now more & more! I think he should leave it at this length.

He tends to lean towards the color gray or blue-gray for shirts for important appearances. He looks best I think in black or white. And he also looks great in red. 🙂

{{{♥SF♥}}}}
    Have missed you, friend!!! No apologies needed, loved every word (as always!). And ramble even more if you like over on the “Book Club” page.

awestruck, thanks for filling us in on the ending, would so LOVE to see that, hope someone uploads the full version to YT!!!

LOL at this screencap tweeted by @zerogravity1:
    Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

8. SandyBeaches says:

Really, how much sleep was he able to have last night?…The eyes tell the story! Today starts the journal of his next book perhaps.

I love your ramblings SF, they are indeed insights added to his..

SB

Oooh I like the book club page idea (since I have yet to read it and am trying to stay as spoil free as possible).

Gotta say, wishing I was in NY today. Haha.

And I agree, the shirt was tripping me out when I was watching the video… it like shimmered wierd in the light or something. Haha. Also it kinda just struck me how much older David looks now compared to when he was on AI – like his face looks older. Sorry I am rambling…

TwitPic from @jenleighbarry:

ArchuSquirrel loves David Archuleta's Chords of Strength....a... on Twitpic

Put a pic from the signing at the end of the post above.

Here are some great tweets from today:

From @RachhhTGP:
    … He’s just been sighted & YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE SCREAMS I thought someone died
    … Question being asked when people come out: “is he hot?” Answer: “overwhelmingly adorable”
    … Pretty sure he’s in the BEST mood ever!
    … Oh and he yelled THAT’S SO SAD and threw himself across the table to hug a pretty girl whose bf dumped her…yeaaaaah david 😉

Jfjkskjdjlka on Twitpic

A few more!

@Scott_NJ: Super super turnout !! David all smiles!!…MY EYES ARE LEAKING…WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY EYES???

@BookendsNJ Bookends can tell you love David! Greatest of guys, super talented and his fans are the best!It’s a relationship of giving on both sides.

@BookendsNJ TQ for a great night!! Thks 2 @DavidArchie for being so awesome to his fans you are the best!

@muldur: My friend just told me the guy who works in the store said he sold 1500 books today.

And clip of David signing! @muldur: http://twitvid.com/OMBMD

And apparently, David signed the preordered books “To Someone Special” *faints*

David at signing table
    Rest of P. Joseph Photography, LLC, photo gallery HERE.

• djxox says:

Are you sure?? “To Someone Special”. Ohhh maaannn David….sigh…He is gonna kill us one book at a time!!

Such Excitement!! I just got in and am catching up. David looks so good and happy! Which makes me happy!!!

((SF)) ramble on!! This “The level of his maturity and his understanding of what is important in life is inspiring and overwhelming.” I wish I was as mature, that sounds lame, but it is true…. my motives and plans are very rarely that pure, dang ego gets in the way…and I always second guess myself… but I am learning.

TOfan> He signed the ordered books “To someone special”???!!! He does know how to persevere, he will have a writers cramp for sure.

BTW I kinda love the new hair today

What a day for David, including a marriage proposal from @IsabellaArchie! LOL Here’s her story, in tweets:

…OMG so fun! i asked @davidarchie to marry me! …lmfao he gave me a long lecture lmfao i love him ❤ ill put up vids and pics later!
    …he talked for a long time about y he cant marry me. lmfao it was cute! he thaught i was serious! …he was like maybe if..
    we get to know eachother but i dont think he meant it lmfao. ill put up the vid later but its not that good
    …lmfao he said maybe! hes like we just met! & i was like but david i met u 2x before & he said we need to know eachother more & …
    …a lot more. haha he was so cute about it. he thought i was like dead up ! haha he was laughin about it
    …he touched the ring i proposed with and ike tried it on but i got it back so i can keep it forever …<33 oh & i gave him my # & a scrapbook
    …i had to wait in the hot/humid/rain/thunder for 7 HOURS to meet @davidarchie ! but it was worth it 😀

lol, That is sooo cute TOfan…

This vid is … well, he is very glowy today
    Thanks to 8throwcenter

I wonder how Zoe and Af4L and bebereader are surviving… that glow is pretty amazing.

>Here’s the full episode of The ArchuBachelor via Twitlonger (source HERE):

@IzabellaArchie said:
    okay so everyone is asking for my story so here it is…

I left my house at 11 am and arrived at the book store at 12. There were about 20 people already there and thousands of books in the store. Me and my friend sat down and started reading his book. We made a lot of cool fans in line and we all kept each other entertained. We waited in line for about 7 hours !

We heard david was coming from the back entrance so me and a couple others waited there but police kicked us out and escorted us to our original spots. So they took about 100 of the first fans in line downstairs and we were all waiting in suspense for david.

Me and my friends played davids music and we all were singing. At 7 david came into the room and everyone was going crazy. So it was my turn and i had a ring with me so i popped the question! LOL. heres my convo (or atleaast something like this i dont rememeber perfectly what he said.

Me: HEY DAVID !
    David: Hey !
    Me: I have a question
    David : Yah?
    Me: will you marry me??
    David: Laughing umm
    Me: no really will u marry me haha
    David: well i just met you it takes two people who have known each other
    Me: DAVID we met before i met u 2x !
    David: Ohh ahah umm well maybe if we got to know each other
    *David takes my ring and looks at it”
    Me: okay so u can call me haha . and then i said ohh wait i made u a scrapbook
    David: Oh woww thanks !
    Me: ur welcome
    David: Bye
    Me: BYE HUSBAND 😉
    David: laughs and says byeee
    and then i scream veryyyy loud and he laughs

(oh and at the end of the day my mom saw what car he came from so we took pics with it) black limo with a license plate “7music”

well there’s my day 😀 sorry its long haha

Another vid from 8throwcenter! Wooot!:

Newsflash! Bookends has extra signed books:
    @BookendsNJ: Hey David Archuleta Fans! We have extra signed books! Thanks David! Call Bookends in the MORNING at +1-201-445-0726!

Newsflash #2 (thanks, @thebeebee!)
    RT @JustLuisMiguel: David Archuleta ( @davidarchie ) Interview Tomorrow Live on Fox 13 in Salt Lake City.. It streams Live on fox13now.com.

What a joyous day for David (and his fans)! I still can’t help feeling so very proud of him, can’t shake the feeling of a Mother watching the growth and accomplishments of her son, lol! That’s one side of me, the other side is the fan admiring this amazing artist and waiting in great anticipation for his new music. So happy for David!
    He signed the pre-ordered copies “To someone special”? How extra special is that! Have one of those books coming. I am still waiting for June 8th though when I can get to a bookstore and buy a copy. Counting on my patience to see me through! Loved the great videos and beautiful pictures and David was wonderful on Good Day NY. Naked cowboy, caught some of David’s giggles, too cute!

peppertara, I know exactly what you mean. One part bursting with pride, another screaming “WE LOVE YOU, DAVID!!!” right along with the fangirls in this vid:

Newsflash!

Live stream of David’s interview up right now:

youTube from yanweiz (thanks Larissa & @AnnieDAFG for RTing!)

He’s SOOOO sleepy! I hope he has time for a nap before tonight.

23. Zoe says:

OMG!!! Just got back home, having had the most wonderful time at Bookends with Archiesfan4life and Bebe! And in checking my emails, saw one from Bebe informing me that Abrra posted a pic on The Voice that someone must have snapped of David when I was getting my book signed. Sure enough, it’s me and David! Too funny, and glad it’s just the back of me! If you care to check it out, it’s #21 of The Wait is Over article.

I’ll be stopping by later to report on my experience, but suffice it to say that I was not prepared for the physical perfection that is David James up close and personal! Honestly, after looking at thousands and thousands of photos posted on the internet, and seeing him in concert many times, I was blown away as I stood before him by the perfection of his face… his gorgeous skin, those magnetic hazel eyes and that megawatt smile! And I LOVED his hair, which I had kinda been on the fence about recently.

Can’t comment at all this time about his voice, his music, his stage performance, his artistry.

I’m merely here to repeat to all of you who have never seen our beloved David up close – he is STUNNINGLY beautiful!!! And there is a radiance that glows from him. The entire room felt electrified. His charisma is off the charts!!! And it was obvious that he was thrilled to be so enthusiastically received by the crowds. Sooo happy to have had the opportunity to meet him, at last, on what was surely a momentous day in his life!

Gotta get back to my real life though, so I’ll post more later.

Have a great day all!! 🙂

(((ZOE)))

{{{Zoe}}}
    So thrilled for you! David’s FIRST book signing and your FIRST meeting! Truly epic.

Here’s another FOX vid (this time #5, I am losing count! :lol:)

He is literally GLOWING in that first video <333333

Guys, I am so happy for him. My heart is exploding.

VLOOOOOOOOG!!!!

abanana, more info & tags just for you!!!

More info: Chords of Strength is officially out in stores! Woo hoo!! Had a great first book signing yesterday and looking forward to the upcoming ones tonight and in the next few days! Idol finale week was a lot of fun! So great seeing so many talented idol contestants together

Tags: David Archuleta Idol finale Chords of Strength book signings

Haha my computer speakers are terrible and he’s talking super quiet so I had to literally put my ear down by the speaker so I could hear what he was saying!

And that makes a total of 340 tags. Just in case anyone cared. Hahahahahaha.

WAIT – random thought. Did David sing yesterday? Slash is he going to sing at any of the signings? I though I’d heard rumours he was…

• awestruck says:

abanana, keep that total up to date. It will be a trivia question sometime in the future… lol.

So I typed my email wrong, and it has a weird avi. Hmmmmm…

LOL

This was posted on David’s official site

As you all know, David is recording a brand new album as we speak. There is no set release date yet, BUT David is already planning a deluxe edition release of his new album (he’s so on the ball) and he wants to hear what YOU, his fans want in the deluxe edition release, only available here on DavidArchuleta.com.

Here are a few of his ideas. Please pick one of the ideas as your favorites, and post your choice in the comments. If you have any other suggestions, please leave those as well. This package will only be as good as you make it, so go nuts!

Along with David’s album you can also get (choose one):
    1. A Nylon Backpack
    2. A Mini Locker Poster
    3. A Scrapbook or Box for Summer Memories
    4. An engraved frame that involves “Somethin’ ‘Bout Love”

Thanks for the feedback and stay tuned!
    🙂

um, the only “deluxe” item I’d want is more songs!!!! 🙂

31. archiesfan4life says:

I just got home a few hours ago and have to leave for a meeting soon, but I promise to share my AMAZING day with all of you a little later. Meeting David face to face and talking with him was an experience I will NEVER forget!!!!

People all around him, young girls screaming they love him, cameras everywhere and he makes you feel like you are the only person in the room. He is unbelievable!

More later.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}},

AFFL

(((archiefan4life)))

{{{{{{{{archiefan4life}}}}}}}} That is awesome!

Also I agree, TOfan – why is more songs NOT an option?

• awestruck says:

OK abanana and TOfan, we need to head over to the site and put this request in… after all they have asked up to. ” If you have any other suggestions, please leave those as well.”

I have been sitting here today watching all the FOX interviews… the most recent one from Fox Detroit (I apologize but I don’t know how to bring it here to SA as it is not a YT video (TOfan to the rescue!)- listened to it on Snarky’s).

My jaw is on the table in front of my keyboard. David is so assured in his answers it is astounding.

What also amazes me is the variety of well thought out questions from the various Fox interviewers. Will this type of ‘take this person seriously kinds of questions’ spill over to when they interview him about his music. I HOPE SO!

My heart is ready to burst. David fulfilling a dream, to help others in any way he can. I am sooo happy for him.

Newsflash # .. nvm, I’ve lost count:

@TobyLightman: Watch me on Fox & Friends 2morrow 7am EST when i play the song “works 4 me” w/ David Archuleta! YIPPERS!

@AnnieDAFG I think this might be a livestream of FOXNews the station Fox & Friends airs on => http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2564

Toby cowrote WFM!

Thanks, @Jonerz & Annie! 🙂

((((zoe and AF4L))) can’t wait to hear all about it…

That Detroit interview…. wow, awestruck so true> David is getting so assured. I am totally mesmerized, watching him in action!

Yikes to the ideas for bonus stuff for the album… please!!! just more music please! Do you think they would listen to us??? bah, Do they still not get it? How many more “mature” fans David has???

Missed that he is singing tomorrow?? WFM, lol… I am setting my alarm!

gah… speechless

Lean On Me – acapella

@KellKell1 Ahh lean on me acapella! 😀 I recorded it all! and he waved to me! haha
    over a year ago reply

@KOKO21 no words. i am shaking, that was so strong & beautiful. he was holding mic out & getting people to clap. he’s so happy!

I want vids ***stamps feet*** bad, impatient, selfish fan

((((awestruck))))

refnaf & awestruck – that interview is up there with best ever. The interviewers deserve kudos, they did great. And David, well, it’s all about heart. What else can you say. At 43 min it was still too short!

44. Abanana77 says:

Hey – does anyone know if there’s a YouTube of this amazing Detroit interview??? I am trying to get it on my iPod…

45. jackryan4DA says:

As some of you may know by now, my YT channel got suspended over the latest Shelley-David vid plus another fan-vid that was simply a misunderstanding. What else is there to do but to rebuild, right?

So his is my new channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/jr4djmac

I started with David’s COS Blitzkrieg and will re-upload previous vids (thank goodness for back-ups! hehe)

If others still have problems accessing the SomethingPitchy interview from iTunes, they are now available from my YT channel which has David’s complete press COS interviews/appearances in HD format

Also, like David’s concert tours, I made a similar page in TDC, just to organize all related vids – press, fan vids and pix.

Enjoy y’all. Now on to OREM!

46. jackryan4DA says:

Abanana – the Detroit interview is in my channel since June 2 — unless there is another COS interview out there that I don’t know of. If there is, pls let me know so I can capture it asap and include it in my COS Blitzkrieg.

Also, I remember you were waiting for the YT version of SomethingPitchy- I spliced it to 5 parts to fit the prescribed length of YT.

Cheers!