New book, new vids, new hair … oh my

Can I just say how much I love the desert boots ... perfect post-drought footwear. (Credit: APImages.)

via Richard Rushfield TwitPic

A David sandwich ... with cheese, of course.

Gee, it’s like being doused with a bucket of water when you’ve crawled your way out of the desert. This week brings Chords of Strength to many fans’ doors, and we have these new videos from David’s performance at an American Idol VIP party last night and … a brand new hair creation that looks like a cross between a mullet and a faux hawk … a faux mullet?

Richard Rushfield tweeted:

@davidarchie playing a new song. It’s fantastic. Seriously Love him! Don’t be mad, but i didnt get the songs name. Just know he said it was new and it was really great.

And @tonyvks1075 uploaded these dark but much welcome vids:
More info: We were treated to a live performance from David Archuleta. at an American Idol VIP party. David opens with a couple of cover songs. Can you guess what it is???

“Hey, Soul Sister” (cover of a Train song)

“You Gotta Be” By DES’REE

“Crush” (at the end, David says he’ll be doing one more song … “one of the songs I’ve been working on” from the new album! So either it was so amazing the videographer passed out, or they enforced a strict “no leak” policy … or both.)

New music SPOILER ALERT!
“If I Could Only Be” (from archuletaphillipines/ orig. posted HERE at Q104 Radio)

Find this in the dictionary under "Happy Camper."

Find this under "Good Hair Day."

Guess he liked this look after all.

"Davy" and Showbiz Shelly.

"Did you just ask me out?"

(Finale pics from HERE. David and Shelly pics from HERE (via Snarkies/Archuleta Ave.)
Vodpod videos no longer available.

more about “AMERICAN IDOL: David Archuleta makes …“, posted with vodpod

This entry was posted in Special event and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to New book, new vids, new hair … oh my

(From end of last thread)

From peppertara:
    miasmom2, I loved reading your story too. So nice that you ran into David in the hotel lobby and received that greeting from him, how sweet!
    Tongue tied…..join the club! Apparently quite normal!

Newsflash: (Well, maybe). There is word and rumors flying around that David will be performing with a group of Idols on the A.I. Finale this week as a tribute sendoff to Simon. Have no idea if this is true or not but worthwhile to catch the show just in case. I would imagine that they would do something for Simon as this is his last week. Would love to see David on my TV screen again, hopefully he may be. At the very least he will be on the red carpet. Yep, busy week for David.

miasmom2….Just saw your second post. I don’t post here as regularly as some do but I know you are absolutely welcome here! Nice that you take trips to Vancouver, my home territory. David’s fans are like one big family, no matter where you live!

From awestruck: miasmom – ALL are welcome at Snow Angelz! I love it when others share their David stories.

And from me! Yes, ALL are most welcome!!! And thanks for that newsflash, peppertara, my fingers are so crossed, they’re cramping up! 😆

P.S. Just saw this tweet from David’s pal Showbiz Shelly (she’s covering the Idol finale for B96 radio):
    @showbizshelly: @MaggieFOD I heard I made it into the @DavidArchie book! So cool! I’m going to see him today and will mention it!

2. SandyBeaches says:

“New book, new vids, new hair, new shoes”…

Just listening now…Thank you TOfan

SB

3. bluebar says:

New “PLAID,” too!!!

Had a lovely weekend away, Happy belated Victoria Day peeps,

eeeepp, new stuff! m a k e s me HAPPY. Bring on the buckets of refreshment TOfan!!
    He can cover any thing, wow. The new hair doesn’t matter to me…. but I think it is a faullet♥

Will a vid of the “new” song surface????

Now we have hopes (thanks pepper) that he will perform on AI finale. I have only watched when D is on so I hope it gets confirmed!

miasmom thanks for sharing in the last thread and welcome to snowangelz.

5. SandyBeaches says:

I was telling a friend, that I turned my cell off when I went to bed last night and then before I fell asleep I turned it back on just ‘incase’…well around 2 or was it 3 am good-time party David tweeted that he was at a party with friends. What a memorable party! But getting back to sleep was not so easy! Great days and nights ahead!

SB

“faullet” bahahahaha, ref.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up but can’t help wondering if David “tested out” the new single for the first time live last night as a warm-up for the Idol finale … okay not working, dang hopes are up.

New single update / SPOILER ALERT!
    I’m 100% against leaks so I won’t embed but this was just posted on the Q104 Radio website, so it is now out there … the vocal is very rough and if you don’t like spoilers or snippets, you won’t want to watch:

I found internet! And boy, what excitement would I have missed!?!

TOfan – OK that thought never occured to me, but now you have my hopes up too! Is the finale tomorrow night? AH! I think I will watch just in case too 🙂

Also, Showbiz Shelly made it into CoS?? Oh.My.Heck! Hahahahaha

AH!!!! I don’t know if I should watch it!?!?!?!

I am listening to it. o_o

AH!!!!!!!! I realllllly like it! ❤ Can't hear anything he's saying but I realllllllly like it. It's like the perfect vibe for him if you ask me!

Dying. That is just lucky I was online when it got posted. Haha

abanana… I listened too… love the vibe, can’t make out the lyrics…but it is good to hear him … runs FTW!!!

SOS TOfan – throw me a surf board; tsunami of stuff today – have to catch that wave!!!! 😀

I needed a flash flood warning when I checked in at SnowAngelz this morning.

Thought on the “leaked” performance…I don’t think it’s rough, IMHO, as much as the acoustics weren’t the best. Same sound I heard in the 2 covers and Crush. But, gasp, I was in awe of much about the new song “less than optimal acoustics” or “rough” as it may be. Nuff bout that til it’s released.

Just a quick run by. {{{{Waves}}}} to all….LOL

Surfer 1

P.S. Ooh la la….the new look, new confidence, new soulful sound in those covers and Crush. C’est magnifique. Quite intriguing and spurs the imagination to new avenues of wonderment and wanderings. Yippee Skippie!

abanana, YAY for finding Internet! Your timing’s perfect! lol

Kizzi, sorry no warning, I’m treading water myself! 😆

His vocal are def. rough but hey, gotta start somewhere, perfect place to try it out live (altho’ I see now why hearing the finished product first is best for optimum buzz) … loving the feel/vibe of it … I thought I heard “If only I can be / what this world wants me to be” … and something about “living in harmony” and “agony and ecstasy” LOL

• Kizzi says:

Good thing is that most people aren’t on the net like us…haha

‘Nother good thing is that his first few times performing “Crush” were less than optimal. And he was having a blast and soooo happy performing that “new” song last night…even, proud. I did love that proud feeling he was projecting. And I don’t want to spoil for others but I think I got the title. Fits him to a tee!!!!

TOfan – the vocals are rough but it doesn’t help that there audio quality is terrible. Really wanting it to be released right now, I am imagining the studio version to be glorious.

16. SandyBeaches says:

“What a day in the neighborhood’…check out last night’s pics. on FOD…You see that is why the drought happened because it was to recharge everyone, but I am not perhaps ready for all that there is to come.

It will be like Kizzi said…and hold on…’a flash flood’ of music and David has done all of the work.

SB

Just posted the youTube version (thanks to Archuleta Phillipines) at the end of the post above … if the radio station Q104 was part of the event, David must’ve known they’d post the performance.

He doesn’t specifically introduce it as a song he wrote but the lyrics (the ones I can make out anyway) sound very David, don’t they?!?!

18. SandyBeaches says:

Before I go, that had to be the best party of the year with David singing a new song and his friends right there in front of him!

Wow, fantastic!

SB

SB, ya, it looks like it was an a-MAZ-ing party! And I love how he introduces Crush as “the first single I ever had” *sniff*

abanana, I thought so too re WFM!

From FoxNews! (Why at the A.I. studio so early & so casually dressed if not for … REHEARSAL?!?!? *deep breaths*)

Idol finale
    “I lost my comb, so I thought, hey, I’ll just use the vacuum!”

Another pic from today (love the expression on the lady on the left! 🙂 )
    Idol headphones
    “Have you seen those clouds out there???”

His hair there looks like Heaven hair! Bahaha. He’s gone full circle!

Oooooh – good thinking TOfan! Could it really be????

22. embe says:

I LOVE THE HAIR. ADORE IT. ADORE IT SO MUCH I CAN’T STOP WRITING IN CAPS.

❤ ❤

From the hot995 Idol Live Blog:

“Have you ever wondered what would happen if you put a bunch of ADD-afflicted radio DJ’s in a room with American Idols like Blake Lewis, Taylor Hicks and Chris Richardson? It totally ROCKS! This was my (Houston) first LA party…ever…and I have to say it was crazy off the hook. I took a ton of pics for you to check out. Best part of the night was when we were treated to a surprise live performance by David Archuletta! I don’t care what you say…that little guy is still cute and can still sing his ****** off!”

Pics HERE
    Listen to interview HERE (click on right Idol widget).

Single in July!!! CD out this fall!!!

interview
    “heheheh”

24. tropical angel says:

Hi guys, just delurking for a second here to say that I dont think that’s the single. He introduced it just as a song he hopes makes the album.

Thanks tropical angel (great name, btw!) … you’re right, I jumped the gun on that one in my spazzing. 😆

But in the interview above he does talk about “a” single possibly coming out in July! And the CD this fall … wish he’d mention TOUR! 🙂

And in this one with Pittsburgh’s Star100.7 (where he also mentions extending the book tour! Woot), listen HERE. (Love how he squeezes in a little advance promo for the single at the end! Nice job, grasshopper!)

Yikes, hard to keep up, Billboard interview HERE.

Excerpt:
    “We’ve been talking about releasing a single later this summer and then having the album come out this fall,” he details. “I think I worked to get more lively grooves into some of the songs. Except for “Touch My Hand,” there wasn’t really anything on my last album that made people move.* It was more light and fluffy and fun because that’s all we really had time to do. I didn’t really have time to go through the songs and say, ‘This song has a story that needs to be said. This song really shows who I am.’ So it’s been nice having more time to think about what I want to say and share with other people so they can say, ‘Hey, I think I’m getting to know who David Archuleta is.'”

*Hello, My Hands?!?!?

Wowzers, lots of new interviews… love this zapit one, he actually choses an idol winner! He is so thoughtful and sincere the way he answers I ♥ him.

My COS did not come 😦 Maybe today.

Thanks, Ref! I sat through the Idol hour last night hoping to see David in the crowd. lol Noticed Simon did exactly the same thing he did to David in the finale … making it look as though Crystal was the front runner. I liked them both but I doubt either one would’ve made it to the Top 5 in Season 7.

Thought it was interesting that David was there but not Cook or Jordin (I don’t think) … maybe A.I. will finally wake up to the fact that he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to them (he’s still so enthusiastic & supportive of all things Idol, unlike some other previous winners/runnerups.)

Hope David gets to sing tonight, even if it’s just an über-cheesy group tribute to Simon! 😆

Update, another interview (with q104 Radio!)
    Listen HERE.

And another (with mix1065fm):
    Listen HERE.

One more (with 99.7FM):
    Listen HERE.

Love this picture with Rebecca of Q104 Radio … in the interview, she’s so touched David remembered her … hope Showbiz Shelley doesn’t get jealous! 😆

Rebecca interview

k, will stop spamming myself now! LOL

I lied … I’m back.

Jordin Sparks just tweeted this:
    @TheRealJordin @DavidArchie see you soon friend!:)

A No Air reprise tonight, perhaps? *deep breaths*

K I am a little disappointed about July single, not gonna lie, I was hoping for earlier. But oh wells. I heard September 28th as a nonconfirmed date for the CD which would make my life because that’s the day after my birthday! 🙂

Love new interviews even though I don’t think I’ll listen to any of them.

TOfan – I am not getting my hopes up but No Air reprise would be AMAZING!

Yes, wow…..It has definitely rained on the desert lately! Been listening to all the interviews, taking in pics, vids, etc. Excitement is definitely in the air!
    I am kind of loving that new song of David’s, his soulful side definitely went into that song, did you see all his body moves, he was feeling it, love that! Well, I will be placing myself in front of my TV tonight and will watch the whole finale thing in case David pops up somewhere. A duet with Jordin? Would be wonderful! Yes, I’m even willing to sit through an “uber-cheesy” group number if David is part of it, ha.
    I have read that Michael Johns and Carly Smithson will be performing so…..why not David??

EEEe
    My COS was waiting for me when I got home from work! Son asked me what the package was he signed for, and I told him he could read it… after me ! off to watch interviews bbl!

abanana, I know what you mean but July will be here before we know it! Can’t wait to hear what the additional stops on the book tour are!!!

peppertara, uber-cheesy FTW!!!! 😆

Congrats, Ref, mine just got here too! And then I saw this vid (I’m such a print geek, I think it’s my fave even though he doesn’t sing a note! LOL)

Great week, love the downpour of all things David!

peppertara, yep, loved those moves. Can’t stop watching. Funny how you just glom onto anything him!

Not enough of D on AI, but believe me, am grateful for what we got.

me too, emmegirl … & he looked sooo happy & relaxed up there.

group shot

OH my, 2 hours of Idol for the first time in two years… meh and bleh, except for the 5 seconds of David… and maybe Alaniss
    Happy that we have all thse new interviews and pics etc. !!! Like that one ^^^ I think the px90 is working!

Well, 2 hours of Idol for me too. I was hoping for more than 5 seconds of David but was happy to see him at all. I’m thinking someone should have handed him a microphone and with Cook being the only past winner not present, they should have had David take his place and given him a solo part! Well, that’s my thinking anyway. He did look very happy to be there though and seems he had a great time. Looked very nice in his all white too (and yes I think the px90 is working too)!

I thought that too, peppertara! He could’ve subbed in for Cook for a solo!

MUST LISTEN: Showbiz Shelly interview! (she calls him “Davy” LOLOL. Altho’ I wish she’d drop the “first kiss” thing.). Listen HERE.

And a great interview at NorthJersey.com HERE, fave bit:
    “David Archuleta sang for me. Granted, it was just two lines. But somehow, I now understand the enormous charm of this baby-faced “American Idol” star, season 7’s runner-up.

“In a recent phone interview, I asked the 19-year-old which of his original songs best captures his personality. He immediately said: “Works for Me,” a bonus track off his self-titled debut album. Then he launched into a sweet, drawn-out melody. “No, I won’t make up my mind. I’m too good at wastin’ time.”

“I was too disarmed to come back with a response.”

HAha Showbiz shelley REALLY likes David, thought it was so cute that she really wants to “just hang” with him.
    These interviewers are dropping like flies, totally archufied. I really think that when they meet him they are won over, which is great as all the promo stuff starts. Good to hear david promoting his book so diligently. Yay Go David!

40. SandyBeaches says:

Shelly is totally taken with David and as she says. “That’s my boy!”…

My favorite line from the interview is said by David, “We will have to help each other out”…Some of David’s interview lines are just as awesome as the lines he sings.

SB

SB, my favourite line is, “It’s like we have some unfinished business.” 😯

• SandyBeaches says:

TOfan…Well that is a winner because it brings on the biggest smile. Why does the song “Put a Ring On It”…come into my mind when, hmmm…Anyway, where is that FedeX guy??

41. djxox says:

Good morning SnowAngelz!

Just had to pop in and say I’m glad I am not the only one who got a kick out of flirty David and Shelly..LOL

First eyebrow raised with the “unfinished business ” line and then the other with “We will have to help each other out”… 😯

He also mentions how they had a “good groove” going on in that JingleThingy Santa suit interview…
    Yeah David we noticed that too. 🙂

What a sweetheart he is….sigh

Have a good day all~

So I am speakerless on the computer I am on right now, so I HAVE to remember to listen to the Showbiz Shelly interview later!

I was pretty excited to see David on the stage even if it was only for like 5 seconds. 😀

I know noone else cares but guess who else I saw in the audience? Mike Fisher! (Carrie Underwood’s fiance and my favourite hockey player off the best hockey team in the world *cough cough*). 😀 I am pretending he and David met and are now best of friends <33333 That would make my life. Bahahhaa

djxox, *sigh* -ing too!

I am indulging myself this morning in nothing but David.

Indulging in David>Amen emmegirl… I am doing the same…house chores with little breaks to read a chapter of COS in between… SB hope yours comes soon!

djxox!!! Where you been girl??? Thought you’d left me♥ waaaa

Abanana the Showbiz Shelly interview is not to be missed… don’t forget! Hope you get sound soon, And I care!! David needs hockey player friends… didn’t he say he loved hockey? street hockey I think>>> oh well… him knowing hockey players makes him seem one step closer to us Canandians somehow.

{{{{dj}}}} bonjour!!! After I listened again, I thought, “Did she just ask him out?” 😆

abanana, I care too, that’s so cool (did not spot him there!)

emme & ref, jellus … would love a David Morning … hmm, think I need a week to catch up!

FYI, since part of the title of this was “New Hair,” I just posted some new coiff pics at the end of the post! ♥

TOfan, I spotted him twice! Right at the beginning of the show. I was like “MIKE FISHER!” Bahhaha. And Mike is a very wholesome and super nice guy, ha and David would make best of friends. Haha.

refnaf – I will not forget! Haha I love them together <33

47. SandyBeaches says:

djxox…it has been too long! So nice to see you again. These are becoming busy times in the music world so don’t go very far away!

refnaf…I just had a call from my husband’s office and ‘The FedEx guy” was just there…Where are my keys?!

SB

Update!

Just added a Fox13 Utah interview to the end of the post above!

And he’s in a little snippet of the People.com interview HERE.

TweetPhoto from @ConstantineM:
    Ha us chillin all in the holding room @americanidol #idol

And the lovely jackryan4DA posted the Showbiz Shelly interview on YouTube!

He’s grown up my fellow David fan friends. 2 years later, that man-boy from AI7 has fully crossed over to the world of G.R.O.W.N. U.P.

Oh, yes, to-be-sure, a spiffy, brand new grown up…no mistake about it. None-the-less, a R.E.A.L., bona fide, grown up.

We’ve mused in the past about his old soul and wisdom beyond his years.

AND, today, after this week’s news, videos, and interviews, this is a MAN who has embraced completely not only who he IS but also with a full awareness of the fact that he IS the MASTER of his own destiny.

It’s time now to fasten our seat belts, hold on to our hats, and take a deep breath as this David fan journey has only just begun its entry into light speed.

Today I am compelled to look at Rudyard Kipling’s epic poem, “If,” as the best descriptor of this moment in this journey:

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream – and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings – nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run –

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And – which is more – you’ll be a Man my son!

….you have done all that and more David…

Can I just say this is simply one outstandingly fan-tas-tic day in a two year string of fantastic days to be a David fan.

Love, Hugs and Kisses to all at SAz

kizzi – mhy-o-mhy!

(love how he sings that in You Gotta Be video!)

You ain’t a kiddin’ sister! The poem – on the money!
    Love that!

aww, Kizzi, look what you made me do! Master of his own destiny, indeed. Love that poem … how perfectly perfect. <333

emme, I can't stop watching that Gotta Be vid … the rock 'em sock 'em ending, growl & all! … mhy-o-mhy is right!!!

Here's a very long vid of the comings & goings at the Idol finale (thanks, AnnieDAFG for tweeting the link!) … David's right at the end (at about 25:00) NOT leaving in a limo like so many others, but with his aunt … how very David.

Woo Hoo! Mr. K ordered the biography from B&N as a surprise.

Well, I have it…it arrived late this afternoon. Thought I wouldn’t get it until 6/1. Such a nice surprise.

He only ordered one copy (he’s such a frugal being.) 😉

kizzi,

“So picture in your mind, 2 Kizzi’s, one couch, one open book, half in my hands and half in his.

Now, this is really sharing….lol. Wonder if we will make it through the whole book like this…I’ve unleashed my secret weapon… I’m humming a lullaby while I read and he is yawning. heeheehee”

You made me giggle!!

Been trying to figure out the words to If I Could Only Be. I posted them at The Voice. Would love to hear if anyone hears something different.

Man, the more I listened to it, wow, he is sooo talented!

• Kizzi says:

Emmegirl – I agree. I thought this “first” performance of If I Could Only Be was full of surprises. It had a full blown menu of all the things I so enjoy in his music. FanScene posted partial lyrics, like maybe on Tuesday morning. You can find them here —–> http://bit.ly/cH9x5M

note – it’s a cached page as FanScene is still down transferring to a new server – should be up today. 😀

TOfan, imagine an LA VIP could be a tough crowd, but he had them eating out of his hand! I just love these performances! And he was so relaxed and confident!

55. ArchieFanDoc says:

Hi SnowAngelz – waves to Kizzi 😉

You have me laughing with the “cheese sandwhich” and then crying with the “If” poem !

Fan Scene is back up and running – whew!