When you wish upon a star

Photos: Rex Gelert Photography

You know how much fun it is to plan a vacation? The hopes, the dreams, the anticipation, oh yes, the anticipation. Then you go on the trip and you blink and it’s over in five minutes and you start counting the days till your NEXT vacation?

That’s what waiting for David Archuleta’s next CD has been like for me. I’ve actually been enjoying Eman’s hints and David’s songwriting session teaser tweets and yes, even the long, long wait. Why? Because it means the best is yet to come.

In the meantime, my mind’s been meandering to some wild and wonderful places putting together a wish list of sorts. Here goes.

Wish #1

That the next time David’s invited to sing at a charity event (hello, Jordin Sparks, Nigel Lythgoe, Make a Wish peeps) that the organizers make his songs available on iTunes the next day, with proceeds going to their charity. David’s Twitter followers alone would drum up thousands for all those good causes. Missed opportunities, here folks. Not only are Archuleta fans famous for loyalty, we’re also famous for supporting David charities and tripping over ourselves to pay for his music from legit sources.

Wish #2

That David writes with Toronto’s Mike Krompass again. Why? No, not just because Mike is from my Toronto hometown, okay partly that … Somebody Out There, Zero Gravity and ALTNOY, that’s why. [Update: Okay, I swear I had this wish way before David tweeted about their session today and that they have “another good song written :)” … happy face, people! That’s like two handstands and a cartwheel in @DavidArchie-speak!]

Wish #3

I half-joked earlier about David recording an audio version of Chords of Strength, but the more I think about it, the more I hope this comes true. We all love David’s singing voice of course, but I can’t be the only one who also has some of his interviews on my iPod. Singing, talking, babbling, humming, scatting … that voice has special powers, baby, and hearing him tell his own story in his own words would probably kill me, but it’s on my list anyway.

Wish #4

Canada’s lovely Shania Twain was the Idol mentor this week. Remember back when Shania recorded two versions of her “Come on Over” album — same songs but one was country, one pop? No? I’ll wait while you Google it. *whistles* … I thought it was a shameless cash grab at the time, now I’m thinking, what sheer brilliance! Wait, wait, no, I don’t want David to do a country/pop crossover, but English and Spanish versions??? Ay carumba.

Wish #5

My biggest wish of all, however, is that new feisty, take-no-prisoners David makes EXACTLY the album he wants to make.  That he takes those impeccable musical instincts of his, struts into those label meetings, slams his big man hands on the table and says, “THIS is how it’s gonna be, folks, heheheh.”

p.s. Wish #5 1/2: That the rumoured May 17th date for the new single (that Refnaf “leaked” at the end of the last thread) is true!!!!!

So, what’s on your wish list for this fine young gentleman?

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to When you wish upon a star

1. Abrra says:

“That he takes those impeccable musical instincts of his, struts into those label meetings, slams his big man hands on the table and says, “THIS is how it’s gonna be, folks, heheheh.”

The visual on this, makes me wish for David Archuleta: The Movie Actor!

Abrra

(((TOfan))) Your wishful thinking is awesome!. Let EVERY one of them come true>The thought of Spanish and English versions ot the same album makes me ecstatic!! When Shania did it were they released at the same time or was one a later production?

David reading his own book would also be something I’d sign up for right now.

And wish #5… GO DAVID

The “leaked” release date of May 17 is something I picked up at another site… no idea if it is reliable or not (sorry)

…That all his dreams come true! 🙂

A big YES!!! to Happily Ever After!!! Isn’t that a given for our Hero? 😆

If you guys haven’t seen it yet, check out beebee’s masterpiece at http://www.planethunkerdown.wordpress.com … still ROTFL!

5. munkmusic says:

My wish for David or for me?

For David, that all his goals and happy dreams come true! I just want him to be happy, that is all.

For me, that I get to hear every single song David has ever recorded and written!

I love #5 wish the best in the article. Fiesty David taking control. Love it!

• awestruck says:

ohhhh yes to hear EVERY song that David has recorded! A nice distinction between too between wish for David and wish for yourself.

6. Trish says:

“I’ve actually been enjoying Eman’s hints and David’s songwriting session teaser tweets and yes, even the long, long wait. Why? Because it means the best is yet to come.” <–totally agree !!!! <3<3

My wish is for David to take his time and be happy with the final product !! 🙂 and Fiesty David FTW !!!

Thanks … great post {{{hugs}}}

7. Trish says:

Gezzz I need to figure out how to change my winter scene avi…. someday 🙂 hahaha

Okay… I do need to say, my only wish FOR David is that he is happy being all that he was meant to be! Every thing else is what I wish for the rest of us.

Wish #5> I can hear him going into a meeting and saying “You know what? These are the songs that are me”

{{{Trish}}} You can change your avi at http://www.gravatar.com … but the “SnowAngelz” name kinda makes it winter all year long here anyway, unfortunately, lol, so you fit right in as is! 🙂

How did I miss this one? (Man, he looks happy, doesn’t he?) Shelly Peiken’s written songs for an incredibly wide range of artists, from Natasha Bedingfield and Christina Aguilera to Gladys Knight, John Farnham, Joe Cocker and Meatloaf!!! Wouldn’t it be amazing if most of the songs on the CD were cowritten by David? (Wish #6, LOL)

MikeDavid2

• Trish says:

Deb !!!!

Thanks so much !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I had completely forgotten where and how to change my pic !!! You are the BESTEST !!!

Also, those twitpics are just great 🙂 sooo happy !!

10. River says:

my wish is that he continue his path towards real independence, including moving into his own space. He carries so much responsibility! Plus I wish big fun for him wherever he finds it. I think he’s got a handle on that (:

11. cb says:

Dang, you guys bring tears to my eyes. We all seem to wish for David’s dreams to come true and for his happiness above anything he can do for us. We didn’t just fall for his voice, we fell in love with this incredible young man and it is a lot more than a “Crush” now.

12. beebee says:

omyHECK, TOfan, I adore this post! And…”My biggest wish of all, however, is that new feisty, take-no-prisoners David makes EXACTLY the album he wants to make. That he takes those impeccable musical instincts of his, struts into those label meetings, slams his big man hands on the table and says, ‘THIS is how it’s gonna be, folks, heheheh.’ ”

Yesssss!

I love ALLL your wishes (audio book… uh YEAH!!) and I really love the whole point in Wish No. 1. Missed opportunities for sure, and we are SO willing and ready to nab his work from legit sources. I WISH they knew this (and did something about it!)

Thanks for the HairDid shout outs. TOfan, in all her editorial wisdom, helped me think through some iss-yews and questions about the cover and helped with some final tweakage. TOfan, you are da BOMB, babay!

(dang…lol… just saw the hushcats mug up there. You sneak.)

beebs, I loved your Hush Cats “line” even before I knew you were the one behind it! A Must Have! 🙂

Just reading up on this Jimmy Harry person David just tweeted about (hard to keep up with all these peeps!) … he’s listed as the co-writer on Don’t Let Go! (one of David’s faves) …

… described as alt/electronic/dance pop and along with writing for Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Natasha Bedingfield and Amie Mariello, he also scored the film “The Eyes of Tammy Faye.” 😯

TOfan and others comments – sooo much to agree with:

– I would love to pay for performance recordings…
    – wish 2 granted
    – David telling me in his own voice the stroy he shares in Chords of Strength might make me more “daid” than 3D/IMAX LOL
    – engilish/spanish double release hmmm might work
    – I swing between wanting the new music NOW to be willing to wait cause I know that this gives David/label more time and songs to work with in selecting the best of bunch. COME THE DAY that David has all control in this selection process would be my wish (and it fits TOfan that they would be co-written by David as he REALLY connects to them)

I have another wish too, that the album be eclectic, with variety in style – R&B, jazzy, soul an so on.

OOPs, a third wish, that he does a song PURELY for fun. I think I understand what a deep thinker he is, but it is his sense of (subtle) humour that I really enjoy when it makes itself known.

beebee you are a creative, funny one – still LOLING

cb – “more than a CRUSH” yup yup yup, he’s got me heart and soul this young man does.

15. archiesfan4life says:

Just dropping by to say hi to everyone – I love visting here with all of you. I do come by every day (okay – lots of times throughout the day:) to read all these wonderful articles and comments.

My thanks and hugs to all.

archiesfan4life – “(okay – lots of times throughout the day:)” LOL – confession is supposed to be good for the soul. OK, OK, me too!

17. djafan says:

My wish for David is that all his dreams come true and that he achieves all his goals.

18. Suzy-Q says:

I wish for David to write all of his own songs and record them in his own studio.

Like Roseanne, I visit this site often too. Love it!!

Hey, Suzy-Q! (what a great screen name! 🙂 )

awestruck, love your jazzy/soul/R&B mix wish! I’ve been listening to David’s Waiting on the World to Change (from the SLC TV performance) on constant repeat lately, and it occurred to me that right from his first audition song, David declared to the judges & everyone watching where he wanted to go as an artist. At 16!!!! To quote Ms. Beebee, I’m gobsmacked!

Trish, YAY!!!, you’ve brought spring to the Great White North! … and speaking of, just thought of another wish, that you all come up here when David does his Canadian tour stops! 😆

• awestruck says:

I’ll second the invite to all south of the border to come to Canada WHEN David tours here!

TOfan your wish list is wonderful! I second, third and fourth them all. An audio book from David, hard to imagine the impact it would have on his fans. We would never be the same again. Brilliant wish, love that. I am really glad that David is writing with Mike Krompass again too, they produced some great songs together. Another one of their great songs (unreleased) was “Fighting For You” which I really would love to hear sung by David. I have only heard a female version of this love song and could just imagine David’s voice and emotion gracing the words.
    My sentiments are the same as everyone else here, I wish too for David to be happy in his heart fulfilling all of it’s desires.
    Will David have more say in what goes for this next album? I truly think so and am waiting in anticipation. Thanks for the great blogs and comments here everyone, such good reading!

21. Angelica says:

Tofan, Great post and great wish list.

I wish to hear exactly what he wants me to hear.

And audio book FTW!! I adore his velvety speaking voice.

22. Trish says:

Yayyyy !!! Thanks for the invite !! 🙂 and you know I will be there !!

Can’t wait !! 🙂 wooohooo !!!

The Geek Side of me is in full throttle TOfan. LOL.

Here is the lyrics to “When you Wish Upon a Star”…

When you wish upon a star
    Makes no difference who you are
    Anything your heart desires
    Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
    No request is too extreme
    When you wish upon a star
    As dreamers do

Fate is kind
    She brings to those who love
    The sweet fulfillment of
    Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
    Fate steps in and sees you through
    When you wish upon a star
    Your dreams come true

Seems David lives this …if your heart is in your dream……and this …Fate is kind..to those who love

Disney wisdom, eh?

Also, serendipitously a British friend…out of the blue…told me about this UK charity… http://www.whenyouwishuponastar.org.uk/ …dream making for sick children. They even have an annual “Hogwarts Ball.”

Such goodness comes from those words…when you wish upon a star…

Thanks for the good thoughts and good deeds for the day, TOfan and all SAz, both Canadian and Canadian adoptees (like me 🙂 )

24. lisa says:

Great tofan…hope all your wishes come true…For all of us and here is my big David wish…………

THAT WE GET DAVID PLAYING THE GUITAR FOR A FEW SONGS IN THE NEXT CONCERT!!! b/c i know he can.

So I kinda missed this whole post because I was in the process of finishing exams/moving home… but now I am done and I got to sit down and read the whole thing and all the comments! 😀

And I have to say, TOfan, This list is PERFECT. I had never considered the buying performances for charities but that is genius! How come they don’t do that because we would raise a lot of money!

I just wish for David to be happy forever. <33

… and selfishly I wish he would come to Canada. Haha

David tweet pic’d his book!

My 1st copy of "Chords of Strength" :)! on Twitpic

Kinda proud and happy right now.

(((kizzi))))
    Thanks for the “When you wish..” lyrics… so fitting

28. Lorna says:

My wish for David is that he always finds peace and happiness no matter what he does.

My wish for me is for David to do a duet with Natasha.

Here’s Natasha singing a duet with her brother Daniel. Now just replace Daniel (no offense Daniel) with David and we have a hit.

Lorna – what a cool song, really catchy. Would love to hear David sing with Natashia.

Lorna!!! 😯 Do my eyes deceive me? LOL

What a great song! I’ve always wished for a David/Natasha tour … I think I’ve filled up my wish quotient for today! 😉

• Lorna says:

Hi TOfan,

Haha, no your eyes do not deceive you!! I always visit throughout the day and thought I would leave my wish list.

I’d love a David/Natasha tour and I really think it would be a great pairing.

Hey Lorna!!! what a good wish….That moment on AI7 when Natasha showed her adoration for David is one of those feel good moments I love to remember.I think she has a real appreciation for him and would be a great tour mate> Did I just say…

TOUR!!!

• Lorna says:

refnaf, yep, I definitely think Natasha has a soft spot for David.

Feel like I’m going bonkers waiting for the single/book/CD.

Sure do miss you guys and hope for a tour in Canada so we can join you. Fingers crossed!

Realistically speaking, are we thinking a fall tour? Sorry I know I’m getting ahead of myself! Haha I just want a time line. I’m hoping:
    – single to be realeased in May (please oh, please)
    – CoS: June 1st (YAY)
    – CD end of summer / early fall
    – Tour in the fall?
    That would be nice. I could so do a fall tour.

Morning snowangelz…
    abanana> Your time line works for me especially the fall tour. I have a fear of him coming to Canada (TO) on my niece’s wedding!!!! That would be so sad 😦 or during my family’s holiday (again) , so a summer tour is problematic for me (selfish fan again)

So, I finally broke down and got twitter on my phone! being tech challenged I did not really realize that I could sign up for just David’s tweets… and it is preetty dang cool… Funny, last night watching hockey with the hubby… my phone rings and hubby asks who’s that?? and I said… “Oh it’s David” lol. Not sure he believed me, haha.

refnaf – Were you real casual when you said “Oh it’s David”??? roflmol

Hmmm, I ‘force’ hubby to tailor our holidays around David tours…

35. silverfox says:

Good morning Snow Angelz!

Hmmmmmm? My wishes for David? Where do I start?

My wish is that all of David’s fans’ wishes for HIM come true!

And that David is recognized not only for being The Voice of our time but also for the great humanitarian he is at the young age of 19. David will only get better. There are other artists (singers) who are very good, but there is no other artist who encompasses all that David is. Which is probably why so many of us ask ourselves “Where did HE come from?”

And that David has his very own 2 hr long TV Special, singing & just being himself. Where he can showcase his vocal brilliance. With costume changes (from jeans & tees to formal attire as in TUX), where he shows his dancing prowess, where he not only sings, but talks, laughs, sparkles & shines…
    Then after the Special, he gets rave reviews and people all over the world will have their “What Just Happened?!” moment and will say “Where did HE come from?” 😉

And finally…
    That all of David’s fans will just get along…haha!

36. silverfox says:

Oh yeah..and that he releases a DOUBLE album because he has no choice! There are just too many great songs to choose from, sooooo,
    A Double Album..as in 24-32 songs!!!!

Which would make his next tour more than awesomeage!

Unrealistic? I don’t think so!

It’s a very rainy Derby Day here in my city, but at least it’s warm. Hope everyone has a great day!

Awestruck> super casual, haha, “forceable” hubbies FTW…

Hello ((((SF))))) A David tv special!! yes> or how about a good old fashioned weekly variety show,,, lol. He could definately sing, talk, laugh, sparkle & shine…on a weekly basis! But then I think he should just focus on the singing… making albums and touring and not get sidetracked by anything else. I am such a waffeler(???)

Don’t you just love his tweets??? It would be a really long drought without them.

38. vermeer says:

David vlog!!!

Looove loooove loooove him!!!

silverfoxe, 2 hour long TV special is an awesome dream!!

Happy May Day, it’s beautiful in San Francisco bay area!

39. archangel48 says:

SF, You have the best dreams/wishes for David! LOVE this:
    “Then after the Special, he gets rave reviews and people all over the world will have their “What Just Happened?!” moment and will say “Where did HE come from?” 🙂
    (there will be a musical, Archu-eruption of joy for all!)

vermeer – that vlog is priceless. A head bobbing in the darkness… and yes he did tell us all about the metro (I wondered if you would).

41. Pastel says:

I really got excited about Wish No. 3. How fabulous would that be? I would just so encourage ad libs too! Random ad libs!

And I so wish part of David’s charity performance contracts is to post the song on itunes w/ proceeds to charity. What a legacy THAT would be for David. One day!

Thanks for a great post Deb! I hope you are having a break soon! You deserve it!

42. Pastel says:

Just saw Silverfox’s post. 24 songs? 36 songs? I’m getting a bit delirious.

I’m sitting here in Texas (after a crazy trip where the plane actually ran out of gas & had to detour to refuel!) reading all your great wishes and getting shaky just thinking about 36 songs, two=hour specials and then Vermeer & David’s vlog … ohmyheck LOLing at his cheapness, um, thriftiness!

And yes, SF, for us all to get along FTW!!!

Must be jet lag! 😆

{{{hugs to all!}}}

44. vermeer says:

awestruck and TOfan, David’s frugal self just makes me me smile so big. What a guy! I can just squish him. I know he is 19, not a child. Safe travels TOfan!