David Archuleta vlogs are love

I’m on vacation but HAD to check in and watch David’s vlog again. I think it’s one of my favourites. Here’s why:

Spooky dark background. Reminds me he does these on the fly, no set designer or pre-planning. If there happens to be dark lighting or a “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall” or weird buzzing noise or dressing room toilet in the background, no matter.

His YouTube “More info” and tags:

theofficialarchuleta — May 01, 2010 — I apologize for the lighting. Had a good week of writing! I have the weekend off in LA so I’ll be spending time with some friends. Back to work on Monday. Took a cab drive which was pretty expensive, left my suitcase in the trunk, and took the Metro for my first time to go back. Fun week 🙂

Category: People & Blogs
Tags:
Why do I enjoy these so much? To me, they’re another little window into the fascinating, quirky Escher-drawing workings of David’s creative mind.

Cinco de Mayo street festival in L.A. Wow.

How excited he is for us to hear his new music. It occurred to me that that’s not something he can share the same way with his inner circle, because he probably wouldn’t want to sound boastful or self-absorbed … but that now he knows and understands how much we are cheering him on and want to share and celebrate in each new song … heck, each new anything!

His penchant for penny-pinching. This is on the list because it’s like the one thing about him that isn’t perfect, which in itself makes him more perfect! Cracks me up to no end.

David the commuter. Getting his $1.25 ticket1 and hopping the train to work? How cool is that? I picture him carrying a travel mug filled with some almond milk smoothie, a copy of Billboard tucked under one arm.

He has the weekend off to hang with friends. 🙂

Cinco de Mayo2 Man. I don’t know a lot about the holiday, but I was fortunate enough to be in Mexico for it one year and I know one important thing … it’s FUUUNNNN!  And, apparently Los Angeles has the largest Cinco de Mayo street fair in the world, so he is in for BIG fun! Take a mid-week day off, David, you so deserve it!!!

So, which vlog is your all-time fave?

1. Hey, wait a minute, our subway costs twice that????

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to David Archuleta vlogs are love

TOfan – blogging from vacation?!!!

Loved it. You are a list lady. I like the cheapskate David – didn’t think of it as a flaw tho…

hmmmm…do ya’ think

Moths fly out of his wallet when he opens it?

First $ bill earned framed and hung somewhere special?

When he goes shopping he looks at the price tag before he looks at the item?

Shops sales only?

Will he travel 10 miles across town to save 50 cents on toothpaste?

that kinda frugal?????

PS – Went to Cinco de Mayo in LA once. Loads of fun, got lost, got found. Hope he vlogs about it b/c I can’t imagine what he’ll focus on – maybe how much street food/drinks cost…lol

A head bobbing in space…

TOfan – Only cares he has with his vlogs are the message, pure David!

Kizzi – that first $ bill earned, probably stuffed in that drawer with all his other keepsakes, you know the one where the mice where and have probably re-inhabitated.

TOOOOO funny, I think beebee and I were separated at birth or something … check out this amazingness posted at the same time over at The Planet:

awestruck & Kizzi, 1st $1 tucked in mouse drawer … bahahahahaha

(I am NOT really here btw! :lol:)

4. beebee says:

LOLOL TOfan… I love this post. Whereas I just sit there with my jaw on the floor, you actually manage to ARTICULATE everything that actually makes my head fall off about David! kikiki How DO you do that?? MUCH appreciated.

OH, and btw…{{{Kizzi}}} been meaning to give you a big ole HUG. 🙂

Ok… gotta try and get some stuff done.

5. Joner says:

Tofan…thanks for sharing the info about the Los Angeles area Cinco De Mayo street fair “thingy”. I was wondering if David would have access to the celebration he seemed to be yearning for! YAY!!!

His Vlog shows us that he his: focused more on what he wants to “tell” us than he is about the way he “looks” doing so and that he is frugal and thrifty and considers himself “an average working Joe” that doesn’t separate himself from anyone else that is just trying to get to and from their job everyday.

He is relatable and that lack of pompousness and absence of entitlement is what adds to his appeal!

How could we NOT love him???

6. YJfanofdavid says:

To the presently invisible but somehow omnipresent Tofan: I love your comparison of David’s vlog to Escher’s Relativity!! Simple yet complex, random but full of meanings. A window into his wonderfully quirky mind indeed !

Joner: My new favorite longest sentence:

“[he is] focused more on what he wants to ‘tell’ us than he is about the way he ‘looks’ doing so and that he is frugal and thrifty and considers himself ‘an average working Joe’ that doesn’t separate himself from anyone else that is just trying to get to and from their job everyday.”

Love the average-Joe metro-riding David imagery you painted for us!!

7. betsy says:

I adore David the coupon clipper
    Carry on with the vacation, Tofan 🙂
    p.s. He is as driven as most twice his age. Glad he is keeping Wednesday open for the fiesta!

TOfan!!!♥ David’s vlogs are love and so is your writing!
    He is so real in his vlogs…. gah, everything, like you said> so un-pretentious.
    I like David the average Joe. His thriftiness is one of his most endearing qualities> IMO
    and his excitement for these new songs seems to match our own…
    TOfan, have a wonderful relaxing holiday (and hubby too)

9. Angelica says:

TOfan,

Man you are dedicated! But, what’s a vacation without David? I never leave home without him.

About your finding his frugality evidence of his imperfectness…I think you will have to keep looking for that proof. It cracks me up too in an endearing sort of way, but stuff like this makes me realize he is perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect. sigh…love him.

10. SandyBeaches says:

TOfan…Watching David’s vlog brings the first real smile to the day…and a big smile. I needed that.

There is nothing clever or funny that I can say about it only that it is wonderful that he wishes so much for everyone and knows that we are patiently waiting for his music.

He does remind us how to have fun in the middle of all all that we are doing…he is so refreshing.

Thanks TOfan and I hope that you have been having a wonderful time…

SB

11. SandyBeaches says:

What happened to my beautiful butterfly…I have been robbed!

SB

12. Angelica says:

SB,

LOL! I was wondering what was up with your avi.

BTW, I was JUST KIDDING about him being perfect. I know he’s not. He is flawed. He makes mistakes. Just like all of us.

But he sure is perfect. 😆

Angelica – he is a perfect role model! He is perfectly adorable in his honesty. He shows how to perfect a great work ethic… I could go on. LOL

I looooove vlogs <33333 But I actually think that one of my favourite parts of them are the tags. Like the time he was fiddling with the orange pen and one of the tags was "orange pen" Bahahahahahaha. That killed me.

15. SandyBeaches says:

awestruck…in today’s world, David is perfect and there is so litte of that as I am seeing more of as each day goes by!

Now to see if I have my avi back! Someone far less than perfect has been messing with my avi!

SB

16. SandyBeaches says:

Oh ‘Happy Day’…You see the gorgeous butterfly is symbolic to the growth and magnificent changes that have occured in one young talented, thoughtful and caring gentleman…

SB

What happened SB re you avi?

abanana – I’d forgotten about that. He is too funny.

totally random – looking through some old vid’s and watched David on Ellen. I bust out laughing every time I watch this…

One of my fave blogs is the one in Canada…(you can see it on our Welcome page)

So he is perfectly perfected perfection??? WFM:)

SB!!!! funny avi troubles!!! I like your butterfly and its meaning>

Awestruck< I want to see that vid but my computer is soooo slow nad it won't load, I'll keep trying.

20. SandyBeaches says:

Does anyone know what can happen to your avi? My knowledge of internet technology doesn’t reach that far!

SB

21. SandyBeaches says:

Oh, and awestruck, I love your avi, it says so much…

SB

22. SandyBeaches says:

Looking back…all the avis are beautiful on this page…

SB

SB we all seem to choose an avi with a special meaning to each of us don’t we. (I have loved butterflies forever btw). You are asking the wrong person when it comes to knowing about why these computer things happen lol.

orning everyone!
    SB seems wierd about your avi…. if you do change it then it would change in all previous posts as well. But yours is staying up thread. I have no idea how that happens!

So any one having a hard time believing that David is STILL writing!! How many songs are needed for an album? I want the best songs, but I had no conception of how it works, and that so many would be needed to chose from…. Being patient is getting harder. A little news and a date would be nice.

abanana, the orange pen vlog, lol… I want to rewatch all his vlogs now from day one.. Snarkies has posted a list for downlading, but my computer is issued right now, rrrrrrrrrrr vids not working.

25. KH says:

I love his frugality. With half his family coming from Honduras, I like thinking that he’s always aware that some commodities are not worth the value we U.S. folks put on them. Seems to be a bigger world view, if that makes any sense?

Anyway, I love your take on his vlogs … I don’t think there’s been one yet that hasn’t made me smile, and I hope to heaven he continues vlogging forever. (Can you imagine, ten years down the line, having a little David or Davida walk into the shot? Gahhh!)

• Kizzi says:

What a fun visual KH “..(Can you imagine, ten years down the line, having a little David or Davida walk into the shot? Gahhh!)”

Mornin’ SAz!

I had a perfectly rollicking good time reading all your perfectly perfected comments on Mr. PeRfEcTiOn, himself. LOL 😀

Remember David singing the line “In This Moment:”

Staring through windows at my own reflection
    How can a window encompass perfection

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOL

SB – your avi got an infection :/ Glad to see it recovered later in the day. Too funny!

BTW, Mr. K has this particular type of charm that makes people think he’s perrrrrfect. *Ahem* *CoughNOTCough.* He has perfected a perfectly charming manner though and he revels in it. LOL

27. SandyBeaches says:

Thanks Kizzi…Love your dancing LOL… I thought that the avi was a virus and it looks like one as well…I quickly gave it some homeopathic nucleotides with vitamin C and all is well.

Mr. K sounds like a very special fellow! We all remember the fabulous trip you had in the UK with David in concert along with McFly…

SB

• Kizzi says:

Homeopathic nucleotides with Vit C – sounds like a seriously good remedy, and, voila, you are a butterfly again!

Mr. K wears his David tee collection though out the month. He says he gets comments every time he’s out and about and he likes it. His most wonderful story that he tells again and again is when 3 gorgeous girls in Glasgow mistake him for David’s grandfather – LOL

28. jackryan4DA says:

Hi everyone! Some exclusive footage from —

David’s time with Jonah

David’s gig with the UT Blaze

And here is the complete footage of David @ Good Things Utah giving Blaze tickets to Jonah

New week 🙂 New month 🙂 My way of starting the merry month of May 🙂

• Kizzi says:

JR – that first video needs a WARNING sign. GOOD HEAVENS – goodness, sweetness, and adorableness to the 1,000,000 power! Thanks for sharing.

29. jackryan4DA says:

So sorry, I forgot how to embed here (AGAIN).

Please excuse another of my senior moments. You do understand, doncha? doncha?

{{{{{{JR4DA}}}}}}
    I’m sitting here on vacation bawling my eyes out over that first vid with David & Jonah … “he’s the most perfect singer on the planet, and I love him” gahhhh, out of the mouths of babes.

And love the song they used from Nova Scotia’s Sarah McLachlan. *sniff*

(and btw, to embed, just paste the youTube URL (no extra “v” needed)

31. jackryan4DA says:

Yes mam TOfan. I wrote the instructions to embed so I never forget LOL.

32. jackryan4DA says:

BTW, my fave blog (next to his Manila vlog of course) is still the “mirror, mirror on the wall” vlog.

33. jackryan4DA says:

MomJulee posted David’s full length interview with the sportscasters in video 2 in post#141

Hope I can still dig up the HD file of that.

Priceless!!! “That touchdown had the smoothness of David Archuleta” … “Show him your David Archuleta tattoo” bahahahaha 😆 … believe it or not I am on vacation LOL.

34. jackryan4DA says:

TOfan – believe it or not, am on a tight deadline, LOL Ya think my client will understand if I don’t make the deadline when I explain that I helped in promoting generosity of spirit? Oh dear. Back to work

GUYS! This totally made my day! I was hoping to get back from work to some single news. But this is almost as good. I a flailing over the video of Jonah talking about David. I was soo hoping for new Jonah/David footage 😀 And the sports broadcasters are HILARIOUS.

And as if David sang Pants on The Ground. LOL

oh my heck JR!!! What a treat after working all day!(a treat while on vacation tooo right TOfan??)
    I am so glad you have your priorities in order JR> David first, work second.
    New vids when you don’t expect them are priceless, especially ones showcasing David ‘s
    good heart. He seems to be a natural with kids… gosh♥

• abanana77 says:

It is exciting to get these amazing vids after coming home from work isn’t it? Everyday I hope for single news (which will eventually happen, I have to keep reminding myself of that). But this was almost as good. <33333

37. Dampure says:

у ребенка 6 месяцев лишний весновые диеты как похудетьг новокузнецк санаторий похудениедиета при ожирении по типу яблокапримерная диета от леонида остапенкололита диета текстпоиск диета протасовадиета набирания весакак похудела ксения бородина из дома 2хурма в кремлёвской диетедиета от гарри бенджаминадиета от лисси мусакрем для похудения лицадиета при мочекаменной блезнизнаки зодиака овен диетараздельная диета по дням рецепткакпсулы для похудения лидаотзывы людей осистеме похудения 25 кадрцены на антицеллюлитный массаж в обнинскедиета для офисных сотрудников