David Archuleta: Ode to Dr. Seuss

The tour was all done
No new songs we could play
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, March day

I sat there with Refnaf.
We sat there, we two.
And I said “How I wish
We had a show to go to!”

Too cold to go out
No Olympics to watch.
We waited at home.
For news from D’Arch.

So all we could do was to
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
And we did not like it.
Not one little bit.

And then Twitter it twitched
A song leak was out
And a book cover pic
An end to the drought!

And Somos El Mundo
Ay carumba, that Voice!
Gifting so many copies
Was there really a choice?

And then
Something went bump!
How that bump made us jump!

We looked!
Then we saw it!
A Twitpic in fact
We looked
And we saw him!
One cool cat in a Hat!

He was reading a story
And Twitter went BAM!
Hearts melted like butter
On green eggs and ham

*THE END*

[In honour of Dr. Seuss’s birthday and National Read Across America Day.]

This entry was posted in Utter nonsense and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to David Archuleta: Ode to Dr. Seuss

From end of last thread, from Kizzi:

dj – What visual – the Mt Everest expeditionary force on a climb ascending from cold to warmth – LOL’ing here.

TOfan – Thanks for the pictures and for…

“I am completely undone … my two worlds collide: David + reading = ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ … then throw in fourth graders and a Cat in the Hat hat and I seriously need to lie down.”

Seriously GOOD people do seriously GOOD things.

And these twitpics are SERIOUSLY GOOD!

BTW Today is National Read Across America Day an observance held on Dr. Seuss’ (aka Theordore Seuss Geisel) birthday

From end of last thread, from djxox:

😯 😯 😯 😯

¡David BUENO justo no juega limpio a veces y esto (SEM) es prueba! ¿Cómo puede hacer él esto a nosotros? ¿Y ahora él está apagado leer al alumnos del cuarto grado? El es justo demasiado. ¡Qué un tipo! ¡El Dr Suess FTW!! ¡Las marcas que mí quiero tener Huevos y Jamón Verdes!

Yes TOfan~ The white hair guy in the beginning..def ROCKS!! as do so many others. I am enjoying this performance waaayy too much…lol… So there ya go, I have confessed.. and that’s all I’ll say… 😉

As far as the book cover~ I love it.. It is like a mountain climb…or should I say volcano?? Start at the bottom at the cool blue title and climb up over his name grab onto onto the man hand and leap onto the OTHER man hand…*tread lightly here*…. and leap onto that chin and work your way to those eyes and………*POOF* your gone over the edge into the molten hot lava pit of THOSE eyes……and good luck trying to get out!! Yeah, I guess you could say I am liking the cover. 🙂

Does that count for 2 confessons?? 😉

Ummm I am super impressed with the poem. It is kinda amazing! 🙂 ❤

Also I completely forgot it was March until I read that line in the poem! ahaha

4. beebee says:

Excellent Seussery, TOfan! lol

Those pix derailed me. Doesn’t he understand I gotta get things DONE? lol Dang him.

5. conditioner says:

That is amazing TOfan!! What a great pic too, makes me want to be in grade four!! haha. Do they know how lucky they are!!!??? haha.

LOL Tofan – great tetrameter – so hard to do! *bows*

And to add a little to the celebration:

“At SAz, a far-away place
    TOFan & Refnaf are
    keepers of that space.

A nice little land.
    It was clean.
    It was neat.
    The water was warm.
    There was plenty to eat.

The Snow Angelz had everything
    fans might need.
    And they were all happy.
    Quite happy indeed.”

hahaha, Kizzi! Love it! *curtsies*

beebee, get things done???? are you kidding me? I have mountains of actual work and I’m sitting here trying to think of what rhymes with “Archuleta” sheeeeesh! 😆

8. YJfanofdavid says:

Oh My Dr. Tofan! You whipped up this amazing poem within two hours of seeing the twitpics? Wow! *bows too*

yj, it was that first pic that did me in … that thing about “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”? … I wouldn’t know ’cause it KILLED me!!! too, too much….

abanana77, bahahaha … we still have our minds on that hockey game! LOL

oh, and dj -here is some advice from Seuss for you and that book cover:

“..KID, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
    So…
    be your name refnaf or tofan or dj
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O’Shea,
    You’re off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So…get on your way!”

~ from, “Oh, The Places You’ll Go”

I think that might be the quintessential title for this David Fan thing-ie we are all on 😀

11. bebereader says:

TOfan: Isn’t it just like David to give us this unexpected treat of reading to a group of children? Your take-off on Dr. Seuss’ magical writing is just what we need during this dry spell. Dry spell? Who am I kidding? Even in the desert, count on David and snowangelz to keep us entertained! Thank you for all the talents you bring to the ArchuUniverse!

MTVs Jim Cantiello. JambaJim in Twitter Land observed:

“Let’s play Where’s Waldo? Except instead of Waldo, find the 19 year old. (Harder than u think.) http://twitpic.com/168jpc 😉 and ❤ and Aww!
    about 2 hours ago via web"

LOLing – Where's Waldo – gotta love that! hahahahaha

13. cb says:

LOLOL That poem is perfect today and it is as adorable as that guy in the striped hat. Thank you TOFAN I love that David read “Oh, The Places You’ll Go.” The message fits him and to hear those words in David’s beautiful voice would just be. . . Guhhhh

That is too too cleverly cool TOfan. My heart is warmed by this young man once again. David’s heart is pure gold.

PS DJ – had to actually go back to the book cover as I read your ‘descriptive climb’ lol

15. Pastel says:

Very very clever Deb! I think you need to contribute to David’s memories. In 4/4 time.

Either David is virtually clueless about our need for these gems or he’s is wickedly calculated in how and when he drops these on our laps. And as we go spinning in response, he just goes about his happy day.

To quote Seuss “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” Totally David!

16. Pastel says:

That should say MEMOIRS. Or memories. Whatevah!

17. Trish says:

What an awesome poem !!!! Well done !!!! 🙂

and how great are those pics with David in the Hat with all the children !!!! All soooo happy !!! 🙂 What a great day for them and David I’m sure 🙂

I keep looking at those pics …. think they are my favorite yet !!!

18. --bianca says:

A Seussical standing O for your poem! Brava! Bravissima! One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!

He’s my Idol.

(((TOfan))) You Are Amazing!!! Looks like I was working on the wrong day and missed the fun… pretty sweet to come home to…. I give up on him, he always finds something new to kill us softly with, without even TRYING♥

“I sat there with Refnaf.
    We sat there, we two.
    And I said “How I wish
    We had a show to go to!”

Waaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. betsy says:

So very brilliant.

“Curtsies in the presence of greatness”

{{{dj}}} my trilingual friend! Love your Mt. Everest take on the book cover! Do we need sherpa guides???? 😆

cb, Bebe, Kizzi, Ref & Betsy, thanks guys … David sure makes us go all poetic, doesn’t he? 🙂

Trish!!!! They’re my faves too, esp. that 1st one, David the Storyteller. Came home after a tough day, took one look at that pic and … well, you know, lol.

Pastel, “as we go spinning in response, he just goes about his happy day.” Ain’t it the truth? LOL
    Bianca, “Every day he does something good. Something to make us smile, something that comes from a place of true goodness. He’s my Idol.” *sniff*

Haven’t heard this song for a few days but once again woke up with the melody running through my head … seriously catchy!

24. Pingback: David Archuleta: “Ode to Dr. Seuss” (and D’Arch) | DAVID ARCHULETA | DAVID ARCHULETA FAN SCENE

25. ArchieFanDoc says:

Love this TOfan – hope you don’t mind – reposted it on Fan Scene, more people should get to enjoy this 🙂 !

26. djxox says:

ToFan~ Sherpa guides? Not with those eyes guiding us..LOL.. Just bring your Snuggie and dPod in case you want to stop and nestle along the way. 🙂

LOVE LOVE LOVE your poem! You are very clever my friend.

Kizzi~ love your additions as well…

“The Snow Angelz had everything
    fans might need.
    And they were all happy.
    Quite happy indeed.”

You all make me 🙂 {{hugs}}

New new widget and post below for the David Archuleta Music Scholarship!

28. happy says:

TOfan, Kizzi, dj!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

29. happy says:

beebee!! refnaf !! 🙂 🙂

30. happy says:

betsy! 🙂

31. happy says:

I’m spamming! hahaha 🙂

(…..now if I could only remember how to make the laughing smily)

32. happy says:

and the eye rolling smily!

(…..still spamming…… 🙂 )

((((happy)))) just what I needed… a brownie!

heeeeeyyyy – Happy!

{{{Happy}}} It’s a brownie smorgasbord (or is that s’mores-gasbord) 😆

I might just have to write another poem! LOL

😆 😆 😆 😆

*shows off* 🙂

36. happy says:

back from that cheesy show that I still enjoy…..

you guys make me laugh.

(my smilies can’t laugh though, they can just smile 🙂 )

37. KT says:

I’ve been so MIA and I believe I’ve missed some great posts…will need to read. But TOfan this is shear brilliance. Great fun to read and so creative!
    Thanks!

38. Angelica says:

TOfan,

I heard about this but I didn’t believe it.
    How can any one person sit down and achieve it?

For David had only just closed up his book,
    Said The End! to the kiddies
    Then pictures were took.

And faster than green eggs and ham
    Could be said,
    A poem came to be,
    Came right out of her head!
    It came in quick time,
    It came
    And it rhymed!

And no one was sorry at
    TOfan the Laurette,
    You did it my friend
    You are just full of win!

Dr. Seuss would be proud and so am I of your awesomeage skills.

Another video from the Mint surfaced – great audio and video – close up – this is jamming to Crush – great Thursday morning treat!!

The guy who posted it to his YouTube account, thirdstreetmusic, said this:

“While in LA I met up with my friend Eman who produces the cds for the American Idol winners. He was doing a songwriters show case and David Archuleta showed up to sing his hit that Eman wrote. Very fun.”

Angelica!! You are not so bad a poet yourself!!

Kizzi, thanks so much for the vid link, I was a bit disatisfied with the ones we had so far (ungrateful fan, lol)

I truly do like seeing the long row of brownie spam… yum

Happy day everyone♥

Thanks Kizzi for that Mint video. So do you all think that they deliberately started in a lower key? Knowing that David had been in ‘session’ all day and his voice was tired?

Brownies – yum is right – I missed the spamming party last night!

Thanks for that Mint vid, Kizzi, my fingers were cramped from crossing them, hoping one would turn up! I can’t get enough of that version, love his lower register (you might be right there, awestruck) & change ups. Thanks to Ms. Abrra, you can download the mp3 here:

Brought over from end of “Confessions” thread, from Yan:

the funniest bit for me is this:
    (I also secretly hope he’s been watching this crop of Idol wannabes and cackling an evil laugh at their ineptitude as he polishes his ALMA Award … nah, not likely.)
    ROTFL
    Try to imagine David doing that. LOL.

Yan, I was kidding when I wrote that, but after making the mistake of tuning into Idol for a bit last night, I sort of hope it’s true.

Although even the best of the singers last night (imo, a funky guitar-playing girl who sounded like the love child of Janis Joplin and Bob Dylan) don’t hold a candle to David in the musicianship, charisma or song interpretation department, it was the whole presentation of the show that made me turn it off.

They keep saying “it’s a singing competition” but it seems more of a judges competition than anything … especially now that there are four of them. Put them all in a ring together and maybe then I’ll be tempted to watch again. 😆

Breaking news: A brand new official http://www.davidarchuleta.com website is being relaunched this afternoon.

44. kizzi says:

New site eh? Didn’t even spend much time at the current one. Still good stuff…forward progress is verrrrry verrrrrry good!

45. djxox says:

Wow~ What a way to start the day…all these smiley faces and 6….count em 6.. plates of brownies!! A happy girl indeed…. 😀

happy~don’t worry, your smiley makes us all laugh~ 😆

And thanks kizzi for the newly “Crush”ed Mint vid. 🙂

…and on that note I guess we are ready for a new thread…eh TOfan?? 😉 LOL

TOfan, awesome poem. Your talents never end. Loving all the Seussisms!

Kizzi, thanks for the new Crush vid. Especially love the smiles of those on stage with him and the round of hugs at the end. To see him is to hug him.

TOfan, lol, thanks too for bringing Yan’s blurp from the Confessions post!

Twitpic of him, Syesha and Brooke is just heartwarming… and liking the looks of that longer, “maybe just a little trim” hair!

Best buds after the show. Thanks for your support @DavidArchi... on Twitpic

47. KathyH says:

I like what you wrote
    and you wrote what I like.
    This site is a fun read
    from morning til night.

48. --bianca says:

Check out the scrapbook page I made of David’s participation in the Read Across America event. It features Deb’s great rhyme!

On my blog: http://www.bearsafloat.net/smileblog

K …. TOfan , your poem is amazing…. ((((TOfan)))