If David Archuleta ran the Olympics

If David ran the Winter Olympics,

He could teach everyone to say “Oh My Heck” in 55 different languages.
He’d be the only person who knew the top Billboard hits from every country.

The buzz would be…”Who is that guy?  He actually glows!”
All athletes uniforms would come from Walmart … in plaid.
The athletes would all go home believing that world peace was actually possible.
Joner

Credit: Lovely frogcooke

Everyone who did their personal best would get some sort of medal.
The podium would be adjusted for short athletes so they’d look taller.

The ice dancing uniforms would be a heck of a lot more modest.
There would be “some snow” but not too much — oh wait, nevermind, that’s already the case.
Newangel

Smoothies and pad thai would be the “Breakfast & Lunch of Champions” in Olympic Village.
He would provide sharpies for the ladies figure-skating judges.
The Olympic mascot would be Totoro.
Conditioner

Texting and hunkerdowns would become demonstration sports.
The Games would come in under budget for the first time in Olympic history due to Gold Medal thriftiness.
Doping tests would screen for caffeine and sushi.
They’d always take place in Utah.
Lupe would try to convince David to join her for a surprise salsa ice-dance.
Bobsleighs would be equipped with GPS.
TOfan

Enter today!

Have your own ideas?

Post them in the comments or send via email (see sidebar) by Feb. 21 to be entered in a SnowAngelz draw to win a pair of these Olympic mittens!

This entry was posted in Fan experience, Utter nonsense and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to If David Archuleta ran the Olympics

1. Aida says:

-David would have orange juice on the side for people who’ve finished because we all CRAVE orange juice after we exercise.
    😉
    that’s all i can think of noww, but haha more to come! lol.♥

2. knotliser says:

David would learn all the national anthems and sing them in the native language at the medal ceremonies causing mass swooning outbreaks and general hysteria.

-waving from the snowy south of you and enjoying seeing Canada and Canadians shine at the Olympics.

Wheat shot bars would be sprinkled throughout the venues – oh, the thrill of it all 😀

Each Olympian’s room would have a P90X workout video

The red headed Delta Attendant would welcome each Olympian to their room and review the ground rules

Everyone would wear the same outfit everyday (but they’d have multiple outfits–just look a likes)

knotliser!! *waves* Aida & Kizzi, love those, too!!!

I think we might now have the official motto of the David Archuleta Olympic Games, from his tweet this a.m.:

“Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat. Most people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”

5. beebee says:

Silliness ftw! I definitely second having a Hunkerdown Event! (BTW, noticed KD Lang had a nice lil Hunkerdown or two in her Juno Awards “Hallelujah”)

LOL Kizzi… LOVE the red headed Delta Attendant idea!

Gotta work Squiggly Pigs into this some how. And sharpies… lol. “Squiggly Pig-off”?

Oh… and perhaps a “Deep Thoughts” event, too.

6. bluebarsa says:

First of all, a big thank you for the kind and comforting wishes at a sad time for my family. We are doing well.

Now, I just love this post. It is so timely and entertaining!
    And, because we usually love our first cars, the Ford Escape SUV, just like David won on AI, would be the official car of the Olympics.

beebee, “Squiggly Pig Off” hahahahaha

Like your Ford Escape idea, bluebarsa!

& maybe David could rerecord some of his songs as Olympic anthems: 1000 Moguls or Crush (the competition) 😆

And a reminder that Utah’s Fox 13 is running a TV special on David at 9 p.m. MST (11 ET), you can livestream HERE (hope it works up here).

Just read this tidbit about “Hallelujah”:

“Leonard Cohen’s son, Adam Cohen, says his famous dad was asked to perform at the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games but didn’t see the need because k.d. lang was going to be there. He asks what more do you need when you have k.d. lang?….

“Leonard Cohen has said in interviews he finds the song’s success ironic because his record company originally didn’t want to include it on the album.”

9. Marlie7 says:

This is hilarious – thanks for the wonderful chuckle!

Here’s my thought:

All final scores and winners would be announced via Twitter

10. rose says:

I vote for knotliser’s replay above; very, very clever.

LOL, this is cute… my faves> David and the Olympics… ahhh!
    I’m so not thinking up any thing!!!
    … How about David in charge of where everyone would park????

Into silliness LOL If beebee can have “Squiggly Pig-off”? then how about Thai Food Toss-up???

I’m with you ref – my brain has gone blank…

Marlie7 – scores and winners announced via Twitter bwahhahhaahhaa

13. Fanis Archangelicus says:

Of course, all cats in the vicinity of the venues would have to be hushed.

14. vermeer says:

bwahahaha!!! this is hilarious! Too bad I can’t think of a single thing!

15. vermeer says:

… and I really want the mittens! LOL!

16. vermeer says:

Every athlete will be given a scarf and a chapstick.

He would have a new “song for the day” everyday.

vermeer> good ones!!! **waves**

18. vermeer says:

Hey refnaf!! *waves back* Got too much time waiting for hubby to get off work (we commute together). Perfect time to surf and visit!

showing off new avi!!!

hmmmm…. maybe not

21. vermeer says:

Didn’t mean to say I visit only when I have too much time. That sounds wrong! I visit every day.

And I am spamming. What’s wrong with me! It’s rare I have “too much time”. See you all later.

lol vermeer…spamming FTW

ahha… David is involved in the Spanish remake of “We are the World”

Not clever enough to comment, but thoroughly enjoyed everyone else’s! lol!

refnaf, sooooo exciting about the “We Are The World.” Again, he has us anxiously awaiting.
    He is a very powerful man.

Fanis – cats BEWARE LOLOLOL

Vermeer – scarves and chapstick necessities here in Canada…

26. Shawna says:

Happy Birthday, ToFan!!!! Hope you have a great day!

27. Shawna says:

Ooops, I spelled your name wrong TOfan! Sorry!!!! lol

♫ ♪ Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you…TOfan ♫ ♫

♥ ♥ ♥

Kizzi

And from Himself a la Archuleta style – takes til .35 to start the song 😀

Fox 13 Utah piece on Murray High – interesting stuff on how the school was impacted – serious organization and execution to keep all the boxes ticked – the amount of work that it took – WoWzErS

Loved the comment that they visited Jordan Spark’s school in Phoenix where Idol people took control when Jordan visited so Murray High decided they would be in the driver seat when David visited during AI. Also, they wrote a manual on the event for other schools to use when fame hits a student – good stuff!

Part 1: http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-murray-high-explains-american-idol-mayhem,0,2664492.story?track=rss

Part 2: http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=8ad44366-8bfe-4c5a-9d04-0ac8becdaed7

Hey, rose & Marlie7!! … yes, Twitter would def. be part of the hoopla!

Shawna and Kizzi: aww, thanks you guys for the wishes (and that vid (*sniff*)).

vermeer & ref, lolololol … awestruck’s right, scarves & chapsticks are must-haves!!!

Fanis, Hush Cats FTW!!! 😆

kizzi, thanks for those Fox13 vids … so interesting … glad to hear the PR lady wisely turned down TMV’s request! And when she said “instead of seeing this experience as an inconvenience, we tried to look at it as an opportunity” … I thought, “hmmm, who does that sound like?” LOL

Happy Day TOfan!!! Have a super Day and Thank you for this site and all the work you do, (plus being a wonderful David tour mate) You rock, girlfriend!

You would not believe how much time I spend trying to think up funny things for this post… rrrr

The “squiggly Pig off” is a must as well as the hushing of cats…

Tofan the top pic you chose is one of my faves… TY

Refnaf, I am SOOOOO excited that David’s involved in the Spanish version of We Are the World … not the least of which because it’s being produced by Emilio Estefan and QUINCY JONES!!!

I haven’t even listened to the new Simon Cowell version of WATW yet, but have heard nothing but negative reviews, which is sad considering the cause it’s supposed to benefit. Bet David’s … um, Quincy’s … version is fantastico! (is that a word? lol)

Hey TOfan (((hugs))) commenting together!!!
    I also have not listened to the WATW remake… bleh…I guess i should , I am judging by what I have heard as well.
    This spanish one gives us something to look forward too. YAY!

new avi is showing up!! aawww

35. stenocruiser says:

Happy Birthday TOfan — best wishes for many more wonderful years of David !

Hey, stenocruiser! *waves* that is the best b-day wish, ever!!! Def. what motivates me to eat healthy & all that! 😆

Ref, cuteness overload on that avi!!!!

37. conditioner says:

Happy Happy Birthday to the founder of this great Canadian site, which I so appreciate!! TOfan, you are the best, still don’t know where you find the time!!!…but try to take some of that time to celebrate tonight!!!!

hugs, conditioner.

38. archiesfan4life says:

Happy Birthday TOfan – wish I could celebrate with you! Thanks for all you do to make this site so awesome!

Now about those mittens – I LOVE them so I woke up at 6 AM with an idea to contribute:

When the figure skaters do their jumps, the spectators would all yell JUMP – while Zero Gravity plays in the background:). Can you tell I LOVE ZG!

archiesfan4life, LoVe it!!!!! (&ZG!)

{{{conditioner}}} Group effort, girlfriend!!! ♥♥♥

David just tweeted that it’s his sister’s birthday today, too … why do I feel all verklempt all of a sudden? LOL

archiadorable posted Fox13 story to youTube!:

Part 2:

40. Abrra says:

TOfan

You are one of the nicest ladies I know. Happy Birthday my friend!

My we share many more road trips together with dawn and refnaf.

Abrra

41. Fanis Archangelicus says:

TOfan,

Didn’t know it was your birthday but after reading the comments I know now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I will add my best wishes too TOfan!

43. vermeer says:

Joyeux anniversaire ma chère TOfan!!

Thank you all so much for the lovely wishes, I am blushing here, jeepers!

Now back to the Olympics … how about a new version of Pat-A-Pan: Tu-re-lu-re-luuuuuuge!!!

😆

45. ram says:

Yay, Happy Birthday TOfan! Felicidades!!

Happiest of Birthdays TOfan. How about some Canadian gold for your birthday!

Thanks for all you do. You have given us a warm and inviting gathering spot and I think we all feel very much at home here.

47. beebee says:

{{{TOFan}}}} Happppppy Birrrfffdaaaayyy! ❤

YES emmegirl “very much at home here”.

Tu-re-lu-re- LUUUUUGE!!! clever TOfan clever

49. djbell13 says:

TOfan~ Joyeux Anniversaire à une très belle dame. Espérer que vous avez une celébration joyeuse! Les acclamations à vous !

Now as far as the DavidRun~Olympics…..

Those death defying ski jumpers **and they say we are nuts??** shall land in a GINORMOUS vat of guacamole…..just cuz LOL 😉

Just imagine the ArchuGiggle upon the very first landing… 🙂

Oh Canada!! Gotta love those mittens!! Who can’t picture David wearing a pair of those…with his beanie hat…and of course… the matching scarf. Add to the visual the ever present mega-watt smile…. Aww David you are so friggin’ cute you kill me. *sigh*

Ref~ B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L Granbaby!!

*waves to all*

🙂

50. ninaf says:

Coming out of lurkdom to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tofan!!

Merci bien, mes amies!!!! {{{hugs}}} and air kisses all around! lol Thanks for the b-day par-tay!!! Now if Canada would only win this hockey game, the night will be complete! 🙂

dj, comment ont dit “bahahahahahahahaha”?

Am loving all the buzz David is getting for his involvement in the Spanish version of We Are the World … it’s like he waited to do the “cool” one!

😆

TOfan – lol! “… it’s like he waited to do the “cool” one!”

ninaf – I adore your avi!

53. happy says:

boy… that was close…. almost missed wishing my friend, the most lovely TOfan, a Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday and God’s blessings on you my friend! Hope you had an amazing day. 🙂

54. happy says:

and a most overdue big wave and “hi my friends!” to ninaf, dj, kizzi, refnaf, beebee.. and the list goes on…

and a beautiful baby for grandma refnaf!!

Just stopped by and read over all these wonderful, clever and humorous comments…….If David ran the Olympics! Extremely cute and funny! Loved reading them.
    I do have my pair of those great Canadian red mittens (love them)! I was one of the three million or so people who had to buy a pair. David should definitely have a pair of those mittens. Wonder if anyone sent him a pair.

So thrilled that David will be participating in the Spanish version of WATW……can’t wait for it! Yes, I think that he will be participating in the “Cool One” too!

TOfan…….Happy Birthday wishes to you!

David interview clip at the ALMA’s. Does any one know what Lupe is saying?

Hey happy, djx, nina!!

{{{Happy}}} Brownies on my birthday??? Thanks! My day is now complete, my friend!!! ♥♥♥

Peppertara, I tried get a pair to bring a pair to the Stroudsburg VIP but they were sold out for weeks here in Dec., drats! It’s very cool to walk around now and see everybody wearing them now! 🙂

Thanks, Ref, I’ve never seen that red-carpet clip before and, sorry, have no idea what Lupe’s saying … could follow David’s bit tho’ 😆

… and here’s the YouTube!:

Hey Ref, here’s the translation of the Spanish in that ALMA vid, thanks to Archuleta FanScene!:

TerraTV: Do you speak Spanish at home?

David: Not much, but my Mom wants to practice more with me.

TerraTV: Bring her over. Yes, please. How are you?

Lupe: Good, and you?

TerraTV: How do you feel about your son?

Lupe: I’m nervous, especially tonight since he is representing our Latin people. So I’m well but nervous to hear him sing, in Spanish.

TerraTV: At home, what do you like to eat. What Latin food do you like to eat?

David: I like tortillas with beans, rice, rice with beans and tortillas. I mean that’s, that’s what, that’s all you guys ate really, Right?

😆

59. Pastel says:

Oh these responses are so good….and how on earth did I miss TOFan’s birthday???? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEB!

Soooooooo….If David ran the Olympics:

*Each day would start with a mini opening ceremonies
    * Jason Castro would duet with k.d. lang on Hallelujia
    * All judging events would be either eliminated, or replace with Ellen or Paula in the chairs
    * Men’s skaters would wear a simple white shirt with black church slacks. Tucking in the shirt would be optional. Absolutely no sequins. Spandex would be judged as ‘weird’ or ‘awkward’.
    * Breaking out in spontaneous song would be encouraged
    * No events while Idol was on
    * No one would be permitted to get too cold; if so, snuggies would be quickly distributed.
    * “The thrill of victory and agony of defeat” would be replaced by “The thrill of doing your best and learning from your experience”.

David…you are hired!

Thanks for the translation TOfan (via Fanscene)
    Love the way he pronounces!!!

((pastel)) you are GOOD!!!! lol
    Why can I not think of a thing? oh well, I leave it to all of you…

Pastel, “snuggies would be quickly distributed” LOLOLOLOLOL Love them all! 😆

Can’t wait for the “Making of” video for this!:
    History! on Twitpic

62. vermeer says:

refnaf, your avi! the smile! so precious…

Another picture from “Somos el Mundo”

smaller group

refnaf – what a sweet little Sugar Bear in your avi!

From Lilian Gonzalez’s twitter:

“David and Archuleta and I after the Somos El Mundo recording. He is a sweet guy.”

David Archuleta and I after the "Somos El Mundo" recording. H... on Twitpic

65. bebereader says:

TOfan: A belated happy birthday to you and many happy returns!

This was such a fun post! If David ran the Olympics I’m sure all the tickets would be sold out! LOL

66. YJfanofdavid says:

Hi everyone! Been busy with work and other inconvenient real life issues and missed the birthday party for TOfan! Belated birthday wishes to one of my favorite snowangelz!
    If David ran the Olympics, male figure skaters will wear real men’s clothes — white shirt, vest, loose tie, and *coughs* tight jeans. 🙂

Bonjour mes amies! Vancouver 2010! Woo To the Mega Major Hoo!!! Canadians know how to put on the Winter Olympics 😀

The guy who did the Feb 10 interview, Derek Sheldon posted a blog last night asking David fans for their favorite YouTube of “To Be With You.”

Go here —–> to participate 🙂 http://bit.ly/9KDOu6

Red Carpet Interview

WOW all I can say is WOW – David is so succinct when speaking in Spanish and calm and confident! No rambling, perhaps has to concentrate on exactly what he has to say to answer the questions. Switched from English to Spanish without hesiatation. He’s been working hard at his Spanish (ok, so I had a little more to say that WOW lol)

Kizzi – just checked out Derek Sheldon’s blog… look forward to his upcoming article.

{{{YJfanofdavid}}} Missed you around here! “inconvenient real life issues” LOL … don’t you hate when that happens!?!

bebereader, they would def. sell out ’cause he’d probs. attend every event! 😆

awestruck, I noticed that too! No 2nd guessing his words in Spanish, he just goes for it … and the original WATW was recorded five years BEFORE David was born (excuse me while I cry for a minute) … how did he come up with all those names of the original artists? I had completely forgotten about Kim Carnes and Cyndi Lauper being part of it. *blushes*

Thanks, Kizzi! I was on Twitter last night when Derek Sheldon was first tweeting about “discovering” the amazingness of TBWY and Betsy & Joner and I speculated that we may have a case of “early onset ODD” on our hands! As awestruck would say, “Another one bites the dust!” Woooot!!!

David’s Weekend Blog

Hey guys! Hope you guys have been having a good week. This week has been pretty crazy for me! I’ve been working a lot on the memoir that I’ve been working on, and it can be pretty challenging since I’m not used to writing and thinking about myself as much as I have to with this book lol. It’s really cool though because a lot of the things you may have forgotten about in your past start to come back when you start thinking hard and a lot about events and memories you have back there in your brain that might be a little rusty.

They’re still there though, you just have to really take some time to ponder haha. It’s been challenging with all the other things we’ve had to do with the project too, but I’m looking forward to seeing how everything comes together at the end and sometimes it’s good to challenge yourself farther than you may normally be used to!

Other than the book, I’ve also been working on some more writing and recording this week. I got to spend more time with Eman this week and I’m really pumped about the song we finished writing!

I also recorded another song a few days ago at his studio which I think has a great message to it. I haven’t been able to get into music as much this week with all the work I’ve had to finish with the book, but I’ll be kickin’ back into gear next week back in LA.

So now I’m back in Miami, and I’ve had such an awesome experience here! I was able to be a part of the Spanish We Are the World project “Somos El Mundo” and it was really great! Emilio and Gloria Estefan got the project together, and they along with their staff are some of the nicest people you could ever work with.

This is the first time they’ve ever done this song in Spanish, so I’m really glad to have been a part of it with so many talented Latin artists. I love it when people come together to help out, because it really is amazing how much strength comes when people come together. It was neat being able to help in the Hope for Haiti telethon and see how much good came from everyone coming together to unite to help the people in Haiti. There’s power in numbers.

The damage happened so quickly in Haiti, and now they need to recover from all that has happened there. I was watching the news last night and saw that Kris Allen went out to Haiti to help out. I thought that was so cool. I really look up to him for all that he does for other people. I know that he’s done a lot of missionary work in a lot of different places and countries, and I think people should do things like that more.

Even if you aren’t able to go to a different country, you can still help by sending donations to good causes, or help out the people who may need your help even in your own country, state, or town.
    Being at the Somos El Mundo recording yesterday was my first time being around and meeting so many Latin artists. I was pretty nervous with the interviews and being new to that crowd, but it was really fun at the same time and a lot of really nice people.

It was good to see PeeWee there, and Ednita Nazario was incredibly nice! Jon Secada, Cristian Castro, Ricardo Montaner, Chayanne, Thalia, and Luis Fonsi were some of the people there. I was like in shock and thought I was going to pass out when I met Luis Fonsi lol. He’s such an amazing singer. The video will premiere on Univision March 1st on Cristina. She’s a very popular Hispanic talk show host if you aren’t familiar with her. She was there yesterday as well, and it was crazy seeing her there because she’s just one of those people I never thought I’d get to meet. I remember watching her when I was little. But anyway I’ve written enough for today, so I will talk to you guys later! Ciao!

Songs for the day:

All You Need Is Love – Brandi Carlile
    Brandi Carlile has a new EP out with some covers on it, and she did a great rendition of this Beatles song.

No Me Doy Por Vencido – Luis Fonsi

Hello my boos!

Check this out:

Excerpt “…To me it is rare to find such a talented young man who wants to touch the world with his passion of music. It reminds me of myself in my younger days. His love of music is pure, and to me this is the truest form of music.

Most artists exist only because of the fame, what the labels dictate, and the false impression of the dreams in our mind. In these dreams they make us believe by being famous and rich they are the only attributes and goals to life–this sadly is not the truth, and its quite misleading. The shining stars up above are a mere elusion to the reality dreams are a far reaching, and work and passion are the spaceship to get us to our goals. Even sometimes when we arrive there it is nothing like we thought.

This is why I have to say I love David. I think he grasps this concept and doesn’t allow their hypnotic false light to sway his course to pure music as I term it.

Music ISNT ABOUT MONEY, IT ISNT ABOUT FAME, it’s about MOVING A SOUL! PURE music are the goosebumps you get when you hear a song which moves you. I call it an artist’s “moment of truth” when you can truly feel they believe what they are singing….To Be With You” did just that–touched my soul. I have listened to well over 100’s of thousands of songs in my tenure, and I am a very harsh judge. The moment I heard this song I melted into it’s well formed lyrics, haunting violin, and progressive moving piano chords. The song is simplistically arranged with an arrangement of chords very familiar, a beautiful haunting violin up on the 5th, and touching lyrics about a journey to someone you love!…

David you have a new fan for life with the Baron of Music. Thank you for giving me the gift of this song, I will treasure it. Thank you also for the gift of remembering what it was like to love someone so much you would do anything…just to be with them.”

SAz – Derek is one of us. Nice to have the “Baron of Music” on David’s street team! 😀

Yup, yup yup Kizzi and TOfan

Another one bites the dust!

74. djafan says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOFAN!!!!!!!

Don’t know if this counts but I’d actually like to see him in the Olympics instead of running them. I’ve read that he’s a great roller hockey player, that can’t be to far from ice hockey, I think, or a speed skater ala Apolo…I’d like to see him play any sport, like today he went bowling…would have loved to have seen that….lol

Nice article reviewing “Somos el Mundo” in the Fort Lauderdale Examiner ——> http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2010m2d20-Gloria-and-Emilio-Estefan-create-Spanish-We-Are-The-World-Somos-El-Mundo

and I love that David is included in the group of “largest artists in the Latin world of music.”

“…Gloria and Emilio Estefan have created the Spanish version of the song, employing some of the largest artists in the Latin world of music.
    Some of the artists taking part in “Somos El Mundo” are Banda El Recodo, Carlos Santana, Chayanne, David Archuleta, Jose Feliciano and actor Andy Garcia…”

A little more from shineon-media.com ——> http://www.shineon-media.com/2010/02/20/david-archuleta-records-for-somos-el-mundo/

“David joined over 50 of the biggest names in Latin music to record the song to benefit Haitian earthquake victims.

“Somos El Mundo” adapted into Spanish by Gloria & Emilio Estefan, marks the first time ever that the legendary recording is translated into any language, with the approval and blessing of Lionel Richie and the Michael Jackson Estate, who wrote the original lyrics.

The music video, which will air on the Univision Network, will make its world-wide premiere on “El Show de Cristina” (The Cristina Show) on March 1, 2010 at 10pm ET/PT (9pm Central) and an exclusive one-hour, behind-the-scenes special will also air on the Univision Network at a later date to be announced.

All proceeds derived from donations, iTunes downloads and retail sales of “Somos El Mundo” will be used directly by the We Are The World Foundation to benefit the Haitian cause in charitable and relief efforts.”

And just one more thing – I like this WATW for Haiti – English Version. Haven’t watched it til today. My only issue is David wasn’t invited – LOL.

Love the great buzz, Kizzi!!!!

New post up!!!