Live from The Mothership!

David Archuleta’s Orion EP Available May 19
West Coast Tour Kicks Off June 1

Platinum-selling singer David Archuleta is gearing up for the May 19th release of Orion, the first in a series of new EPs from the international pop star.

Inspired by lessons learned during his two-year missionary trip to Chile, “Numb” — the EP’s lead single, which premiered last November via Billboard — sets the tone for Orion’s mix of self-reflection and pop melody. The song was co-written by Archuleta, Trent Dabbs, and producer Jamie Kenney. “People really want to connect with what’s coming from someone’s heart, from their soul, and what they’re going through,” he tells Billboard. “I feel like [“Numb”] was that for me.”
Archuleta and Kenney teamed up for Orion’s follow-up single, too, co-writing “Up All Night” with Isabeau Miller and Shaun Balin. The song makes its debut on April 21st, roughly one month before the EP’s release.

Archuleta will support Orion’s arrival with a tour of the west coast and southwestern markets, kicking off with his June 1st appearance at the State Theatre in Red Bluff, California. A full list of performance dates is below.

Orion unveils Archuleta’s new sound, mixing his melodies and muscular vocals with stories about his life and recent experiences. It’s not his first album as an adult, but it may be his first truly adult album. Like the constellation that gives the EP its name, Orion burns brightly.
David’s West Coast Tour Dates are below (more to come!):

Friday, June 16, 2017 — Pocatello ID – Portneuf Amphitheater
Saturday, June 17, 2017 – Layton, UT – The Kenley Ampitheater
Friday, June 23, 2017 — Snowflake AZ – Snowflake High School Auditorium
Saturday, June 24, 2017 — Safford AZ – David M. Player Center for the Arts
Saturday, September 23, 2017 — Kamas UT – DeJoria Center

****************

***And here’s the list with links and dates that tix go on sale (where available):***

Red Bluff, CA, Thurs., June 1State Theater, tix on sale April 7, 10 a.m. local time on Ticketfly HERE.

Fresno, CA, Fri., June 2Tower Theater*

Grants Pass, OR, Sat., June 3, – Rogue Theater, ON SALE NOW HERE!

Bend, OR, Tues., June 6, –Tower Theater, ON SALE NOW HERE!

Sacramento, CA, Wed., June 7, – Crest Theater (tix. on sale April 7, 10 a.m. local time)

Portland, OR, Fri., June 9, Alberta Rose Theatre (tix. on sale April 6, 10 a.m. local time, VIP option)

Spokane, WA: Mon., June 12, Bing Crosby Theater (tix on sale April 6, 10 a.m., with VIP option)

Seattle, WA: Tuesday, June 13, Triple Door Theater (tix on sale April 6th, 8 a.m. local time, VIP option)

Pocatello, Idaho: Friday., June 16, Portneuf Amphitheater (tix on sale now, VIP option!)

Layton, UT: Sat. June 17, Kenley Amphitheater (tix go on sale May 2, 10 a.m. local time)

Snowflake, AZ: Fri., June 23 Snowflake High school Auditorium (tix on sale April 8)

Safford, AZ: Sat., June 24, Safford Center for the Arts (tix on sale April 11, 8 a.m. local time)

Kamas, UT: (near Park City): Sat., Sept. 23, Dejoria Center (tix on sale now?)

*not on their site yet

***************

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?? OF THE NAME “ORION”??? THAT IT’S “FIRST IN A SERIES” OF EPs???? OF THE TOUR SCHED??? OF LIFE IN GENERAL????

This entry was posted in Fan experience. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Live from The Mothership!

1. Anonymous says:

I love that Orion is the first in a series. John Mayer is currently releasing a series of four EPs of his new music so I’m happy that David is following suit. Kudos to David’s new PR person. I think this is a well written press release, and, of course I love the content. I really don’t care what he names the CD – I just want to hear the new music. Love that he has the beginning of his tour in place and I’m hoping for many more dates across the U.S and the world especially Asia. They love David there!

This is exciting news! Really looking forward to David’s EP. Yes, good promo and let the tour begin!
    Wow, so many concerts along the West Coast. Choices, choices…..I will definitely have to choose at least one and get myself there! Seattle is the closest to me but may just choose another city since I have been there so many times (and have seen David in concert there….years ago). May try somewhere different. I should decide fairly soon though. 🙂
    Thanks TOfan for posting all the info!

3. ray says:

the tide is riseing

4. missbianca says:

Love “Orion” — I have a sentimental attachment to the constellation from my college years.

And SO MANY concerts for me to choose from! Anyone who wants a seat on the first Archie Fan Archubus, speak up soon!

Love “Orion” too. EPs, tour dates, west coast, all good! Archubus sounds good to me! 🙂

Eeeeeeeeee
    A series of EPs!!!!!
    And lots of tour dates with more to come!!!
    I’d say I’m happy!!!!! Like the title Orion as well!!!

7. oliveoil says:

WOW !!! Looks like David is really serious about starting up his career. I’m glad he has a PR
    person too. Can’t wait to hear his new EP. I ‘d like to know the reason he named it Orion. It is a very bright constellation and David always talks about how we should shine our light for others to see. Any ideas anyone?

Thank you TOfan, I couldn’t find this on the mothership. Orion is an ‘out of this world’ name!

Orion is outta this world! I see a road trip in my near future. Love to all at SAz!

10. oliveoil says:

So I think I figured it out you guys .Orion is a star. David is a star. Orion has a belt. David has a belt. ( and a cap ). Orion was a hunter. David hunted bugs in his back yard. There you go !!

“SBL”! quite a coinkidink!

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

12. janey79 says:

SAC Crest tix are available now with pesale code SBL. This link is helpful: http://www.sblentertainment.com/

this made me LOL 😆

also, I’ve put all the tour info on an “Orion” page (see top menu and HERE), mostly to keep it all straight for myself, hahaha… please let me know if there’s any fast-breaking news about pre-sales or other shows (!) and I’ll add it to the page. soooooooo much excitemeeeeeennnnntttttt!!!!! 🙂

• Grammyj says:

Nice to know that Gina our friend lol. Gina does a lot of work behind the scenes that we never see.

14. janey79 says:

Add to the Orion Tour page, Red Bluff tix go on sale this Friday at 10am, local time, on ticketly: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1465410?_ga=1.230723484.246904919.1491367935&__utma=1.1704504568.1491367936.1491376515.1491406982.4&__utmb=1.2.10.1491406982&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1491376515.3.3.utmcsr=t.co|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/nOU3Em3VZG&__utmv=-&__utmk=128103564

HE TWEETS! 🙂

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

“PLUS MORE DATES TO COME” Y’ALL!!!!

*cartwheels*

AND IGs! (with double the y’alls… HE’S EXCITED TOO, FOLKS! 🙂 )