@DavidArchie @ #IdolFinale: I am snowangelzz, hear me SPAZZZZZ

A LIVE BLOG OF MY A;SLDKFASLDFKJ TO SEE DAVID BACK AT IDOL!!!

(Chicken Little fans stand down, I repeat, stand down!)
From the man himself:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.58.10 PM.png

AND I LOVE MELINDA DOOLITTLE!
First she tweeted that Jordin Sparks and David were the youngest-ever Idol winners *bless her Archie-lovin’ heart* and then she had to delete the tweet:

. THIS IS EVERYTHING AND MOAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!

YET THERE IS MOAAAAR!!!!

Geeking out over here because @JordinSparks has this Pokemon gear on her! #idolfinale #pokemon #pokemonrules

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

On a sad note, I think Jordin showed David how to post the same thing at once from Twitter/IG & FB. This day was bound to come. *sniff*Β
Well, well, well. πŸ™‚

DAVID KNOWS HOW TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE, Y’ALL!
#currentmood

p.s.
Proof of @taterzen’s psychic powers, she sent this to me earlier today:

“David arrives in L.A.”

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.03.56 PM.png.
p.p.s.

Acc. to her Twitter profile, Cori is part of the “Digital Team at American Idol. Script Coordinator, LA based.” More importantly, she makes David look like a GIANT. πŸ™‚
p.p.s.s.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
“incredibly loyal fan base” code for “they be crazeeee” *cue insane cackle*
p.p.s.s.s.
Wait, so does MJ actually LIKE our David now?? (How could you not, of course. πŸ™‚ )

From MJ’s Big Blog: “The surprises keep coming for the American Idol finale. David Archuleta was NOT named in the press release FOX sent out announcing which alums would take part in the series finale. When rehearsals began over the weekend, and still no Archie, speculation about whether the singer would participate only intensified.

FINALLY, on Tuesday, the season 7 runner-up and fan favorite arrived on set ready to go! How could there be an Idol farewell without David? WE NEED A DAVID AND DAVID REUNION like we need air to breath. YASS.”
Full story.
******drumroll*******

*EDIT* find the answer for Cinthia at the bottom!* Hey y'all, I know a lot of you were bummed I didn't sing in the idol finale and asked why I didn't sing. It wasn't that I didn't want to. I'm way bummed I wasn't able to be more a part of it!! 😦 😦 😦 but it wasn't because they wouldn't let me. It was simply that I thought I wouldn't be able to until a few days before. I'm glad I was able to be there and still be on stage for a moment with everyone. We sometimes wish things would have gone differently, but life doesn't always go the way we hope it to at first. I'm so glad I could be there! I was reminded of the stressful and overwhelming moments that broke me down a lot of times, but also of the many good people that helped me get back up. I was reminded of the moments that changed my life on the show. I'm glad I got to be a part of it all throughout the years. I'll write a blog in the next couple of days to share more thoughts with y'all. I will say not being stressed and having so much attention, I was able to enjoy the time backstage saying bye to everyone and meeting the people that worked behind the scenes. I love meeting the people who are also a part of the show in both big ways and small ways that no one else ever sees or hears about. Thank you all for your concerns. Yeah, I am sad I didn't sing but also happy I was there. Really, if I had sung I would've taken someone else's spot and I think it worked out how it needed to. Someone else needed to give out what was in their heart this time. It was Trent and La'Porsha's time to shine most anyway. (And boy, did they shine. What a great final finale!) No worries, I will keep finding ways to sing up ahead as long as y'all keep supporting. Thank you for your continued support and concern! It's nice to know people still care enough to ask. I got a picture with one of the talent escorts backstage, Cinthia here. I guessed her ethnicity on one try. Can you guess it? πŸ˜‰ ***UPDATE ON CINTHIA*** if you guessed she was Guatemalan, then you're right!** #idolfinale #backstage #thanks #americanidol #cinthia

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

This entry was posted in Fan experience. Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to @DavidArchie @ #IdolFinale: I am snowangelzz, hear me SPAZZZZZ

1. amb4da says:

Well, you know I’ve been whining all over Twitter for about a month cuz there’d been no props to David..so..
    I’m SO happy to see that pic tonight! And so hopeful! :). But, man, I hope he sings. I mean he’s “Trent’s favorite Idol” for goodness sake! πŸ˜‰
    Tonight’s retrospective was nice; I enjoyed it from everyone’s perspective…nice job, told with heart.
    And lastly….eEEEEEEEEEP!

hahahaha, amb4da… tbh, on the Finale itself, I don’t expect we’ll get to see the top of his hair… or cap, LOLOL.

2. missbianca says:

*hyperventilating*

Because I can’t think of anything else to say…….

FAINT! YIPPEE! Talk about a Yin and Yang reaction, LOL

OMG, OMG, OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸŽ‰πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆβ—β—β—β—β—β—

YIPPEE

What a nice surprise to come home and check twitter and see all the pics! Everyone should know by now that David has always been full if surprises, loving this one!! Must say, am happy that he is there wearing that beautiful smile. Love the pics of him and Jordan and yes, Melinda Doolittle is an awesome gal.
    The show hasn’t aired here yet tonight (on the west coast) but will be watching. πŸ™‚
    Great post….good stuff!!

5. lynnella says:

I’m so glad to see that David is there. I hope he gets to sing. Maybe, since he’s Trent’s favorite Idol alum, they’ll sing a duet. We can hope. When I watched the show tonight of the years of Idol, there was not one picture or mention of David. What a great surprise to see these tweets.

I noticed that lynnella… and I’d be particularly perturbed if I was Kris Allen. Not only did they practically ignore him, but when they did show a clip of him on victory night, they made sure to include him saying “Adam really deserves this” and then they cut to Daughtry saying “even if you win, it doesn’t ensure career success”… whoah.

So, as always, keeping my expectations SUPER low about David’s role in the finale… just glad he looks so dang happy to be there! And it’ll be really fun to see all the BTS stuffs.

6. betsy says:

I LOVE that picture of David and Jordan in the seats. They both look so happy to catch up. πŸ™‚ Lol’ing at David wearing a hoodie and shorts. Maybe it was hot outside and cold in the building.
    I missed the whole thing due to work, but I’ll be watching tomorrow.

7. angelofdja says:

YAY! He didn’t say NO!
    I Really like the pic of David & Jordan! They were very young during their seasons and have both done themselves proud! As did so many of these Idol kids! I enjoyed tonight’s show, but sure did strain trying to see or hear a bit of David…πŸ˜ŸπŸ€”

8. oliveoil says:

So great to see David at the AI final !! He and Jordan look so cute and happy in those pics. Who knew……..Jordan is a pokemon fan too , haha.

9. karenkid says:

Umm, I guess I’ll have to watch it now! Ha!! I see he still loves surprises. πŸ™‚

You are so fun (((TOfan)))!!
    I decided to watch last night and thought it was interesting and informative… I did not know much about the beginnings or early seasons so it was good to see! The missing David was hard to take tho, and I agree about Kris Allen!
    So we still don’t know that he’ll perform right? I am glad that he is there and hope he has fun, but not losing any sleep over it!

his Pokemon fanboying has me LOLing:

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

hey folks, I added a couple of things to the end of the post, including the MJ’s article. Some interesting comments there, such as:

“I saw a tweet from one of the alums who was a top 3 contestant and he said “don’t blink” in regard to his performance.”

I suspect this will be the same for David.

And THIS. Exactly what my problem’s been with the show:
    “It goes back to something they never got: the fans care about the CONTESTANTS. Not Nigel or the judges.”

• missbianca says:

Per your question about MJ. She became a reluctant fan of our David by going to one of his early Christmas concerts–ostensibly to see what all the fuss was about. She’s been more and more vocal about her fandom and I believe she’s been to a few more concerts since then.

Thus proving that, given a chance, David can convert the hardest core non-fan.

I plan not to blink but just in case I sure hope someone has the DVR set up to record that glimpse for us!

sorry, Ms. B., just saw your reply, I did not know that about MJ, that is pretty cool!

The Power of the Archuleta strikes again! πŸ™‚

13. Anonymous says:

From American Idol’s IG πŸ™‚

We're excited to see @davidarchie perform with some other incredible Idol alums on the #IdolFinale!

A post shared by American Idol (@americanidol) on

• marin says:

I follow AI on instagram and noticed David’s post has a lot more likes & comments than many of the others. πŸ™‚ I think as much as I’m excited to see him on that stage again, I’m also thrilled about all the love coming his way from Idol fans from the past. πŸ™‚

So, according to Nigel Lythgoe, “David Archuleta was unavailable and then he called up two days ago and said he could come and be in the opening” … I do not trust anything Nigel says, so I’m sure there’s more to the story. In the same article he says he’s having Fantasia come back and do “Summertime” so, I think that, for sure, he initially asked David to do Imagine (if they asked him to sing at all).

Here’s the article:

Anyways, thankful for the show for introducing me to David and his music but that. is. all.

SO MANY EMOOOOOOOTIONSSSSS!!!!!

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

glimpses of David… in the catering line… ‘natch.
    he is in this one… eventually….

hoodie alert

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
    Flash of David… in the lunch line… did he go back for seconds do you think??

Okay, just putting this here because I can… and it feels like a safe space because there’s basically no one else here, LOL.

All I want to say about it is that I’ve been pretty vocal (see up thread) about my feelings about Nigel/Idol/the whole snake-oil-salesman lot of ’em … to think that he was trying to throw David under the bus with that tweet, making him look like a Diva or something is typical Nigel, imo… but what was worse for me is seeing some fans dump all over David for turning down the request… did they forget that even when David sang Imagine the SECOND time, the critics slammed him and called him a one-trick pony, saying that that was all he could do??

… I don’t blame David one bit for his decision (whether it was schedule-based or not)… must have taken a lot of courage to say no to Nigel and then to come back and ask to be in the finale… he’s clearly “done, done, done” with saying “how high?” when they say “jump.”… BRAVO!!! I say, BRAVO!!!! #rantover Back to the #IdolFinale festivities!!!

• refnaf says:

Agree with you 1000%

• Grammyj says:

Me too and you called it, Deb! You said they would ask him to sing “Imagine” – imagine that lol! So fun to see him in the snap chat pictures having fun at the finale. I’m glad his schedule “cleared up” so he could go and enjoy himself. Hopefully there will be a good camera shot of him with the other 50 Idols.

• djafan says:

Totally with you on this Deb. I’m happy I found David on AI but I could do without the snakes in the place.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

No boxing gloves this time! @davidarchie #idolfinale

A post shared by David Cook (@davidcookofficial) on

the lovely & amazing @rhiminee made this videoooo of Ruben’s FB thingie:

hahaha Rickey is there!

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

American Idol Periscope: (David waves and says hi about 2 mins. in)

22. Abrra says:

If you want to save David’s last appearance on AI15,I captured the opening group song.

Abrra

#dannygokey #AllisonIraheta and #davidarchuleta #idolfinale

A post shared by halocircus (@halocircusfanclub) on

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Just gonna leave this here πŸ™‚

25. marin says:

I’m here! And enjoying every tidbit, thank you!

Still disappointed in American Idol for not finding a way to have David sing in one of those medleys. So much of the judges and the Top 10 kids didn’t even get to do any duets. I suppose it was ending at the right time.

Trent Harmon talks of David being the one Idol who inspired him…starts at 10:15 into the interview.

Great post, lots to absorb, still catching up from last night. I’m glad that David seemed so happy to be at the finale and connecting with past contestants, old friends. Sure did miss him singing though, a solo or duet would have been fabulous.
    I know there were reasons and whether he didn’t want to perform or couldn’t perform (very well could have been unavailable on the weekend or maybe other good reasons) sure did miss that.
    Enjoyed the finale though (most of it) some really good performances.
    TOfan, good for you….I agree with what you say I 100% agree….why couldn’t they ask him (if they did) to sing something else besides Imagine? As much as I love it and never tire of it, he is much more than that. Rather bizarre to me, so many other songs he could have sung (if he wanted to that is). Anyway, I get your frustrations completely!

I am glad, at least, that David was there for the final season and there are lots of great pics, etc., looks like he had a good time and yes…..I’m willing to bet he went for seconds in the lunch line. πŸ™‚
    Thanks for sharing Tofan and thanks for all the updates!

28. missbianca says:

A bazillion comments ran through my brain as I looked at the deluge of goodness (and goodness graciousness) from this event. But here I am at the reply box and my brain is empty because I’ve had 2 Tylenol for the multitudinous aches and pains I acquired falling when getting into bed last night. Don’t ask. We’ll just give gravity the win.

My fave part of this post is rhiminee’s gif of The Appearance. I can read so much into that glowy mega-watt smile, the muscular build, and the casual walk. ❀

Your interpretation of the whole saga could very well be accurate. I think Nigel truly loved David's "Imagine" but to say the least it was unimaginative to think that's the only way D could contribute (see what I did there?). BTW, how did you interpret the emoji on the quickly deleted response to your tweet?

Okay, now, where is that new music? #AlwaysWantingMore #BadFansAreReallyGoodFans

29. oliveoil says:

David did not sing, BUT………… The last American Idol, on the last American Idol Episode is being interviewed over and over again as to who was his greatest inspiration, and without hesitation he names one person… David Archuleta !!! Our sweet, humble David is being promoted whether he likes it or not !! haha God works in mysterious ways. πŸ™‚

Yes, lots of buzz around David and I think that’s great. Kizzi….thanks for posting that interview with Trent, thought it was a really good one and he seems like a good guy with a unique talent who was inspired by David, that’s awesome.
    just love David’s Instagram/Facebook message. How sweet of him to explain to folks why he didn’t sing on the finale. Just like him to focus on others….contestants and people that work behind the scenes. I know he will always have supporters, when it comes to David, it’s kind of a “no brainer”. for many people. Looking forward to another blog from him, he is one class act. ❀

31. cc halo says:

Re: the idea that it was bizarre for them to ask David to sing “Imagine” a 4th time, I’ll repeat the thoughts that I posted on FOD:

Trent Harmon had a very sweet segment on Idol about how David’s β€œImagine” inspired him, so of course Nigel wanted David to sing it on the finale, because Nigel was thinking about re-creating a relevant and nostalgic moment for the show. David fans who are just thinking about David and his career, not the show overall, seem to see the request as a slap in the face, but IMO, it would be totally out of character for David to β€œbe busy” just because he didn’t want to sing a certain song.

Just a reminder of why David singing a short (Carly Smithson’s solo was about 45 seconds long) segment of “Imagine” would have been nice.

• Anonymous says:

Awwwwww David . Please don’t feel sad. We love your heart.

cc halo, you’re right, that segment with Trent was lovely, as is his repeated mention of David being an inspiration to him. He seems like a fine young man, obviously with great taste in music. πŸ™‚ In my view, Nigel seemed so focused on the great “moments” of the show that he completely missed the point… true Idol “moments” are just that… unexpected magical points in time that no one predicted or orchestrated, but affected throngs of people all at the same time… those moments can’t be re-created and, in fact, the more you try to do that, the more those moments are diminished, imo.

Nigel said in one interview that he also wanted Fantasia to re-do Summertime, maybe she said no as well. I really believe if Nigel had been open to David doing ANYTHING else (I dunno, something in memory of Michael Johns for example? What a crazy thought!), David would have jumped at the chance.

There likely were schedule issues also involved, I agree about what you say about David’s character. And maybe a bunch of other things that we’ll never know about. David’s too classy a guy to diss Idol publicly and I think he has a lot of genuine affection for the show (affection I don’t share, but that’s just me). Yes, I’m one of the ones thinking about David not the show overall, because I’ve never been a fan of the show. The kids with big dreams who audition? Yes, a thousand times yes. But the manipulative producers who often treat them like chess pieces on a giant board in the big game of TV ratings and $$$$? No.

• cc halo says:

I think that performers on Idol and any other show have to go in with their eyes open and realize that it’s ALL about TV ratings and $$$$ or it would never have happened. Also to realize that, as Kris Allen (I think) said in a recent interview, AI always does everything at the last minute. IOW, it’s always chaos and rarely a nurturing environment for any one artist.

I’d hate to think that David had a schedule conflict when asked to sing “Imagine”, but would have jumped at the chance and cleared his schedule if asked to sing something else. Doesn’t seem ethical. Or like David.

BTW, my daughter has been on a handful of TV shows, and is currently in the casting process for a reality show. Its kind of scary to think potentially of opening up your real life to people who just want to make money off of you, but then again, the money is tempting for someone her age (22). She’s been through it before and didn’t get cast—her friend did, and hated it. She said that the producers made her out to be someone she wasn’t at all. But she got money and almost a million Instagram followers (yay??) and quit after her first season, so I guess it was worthwhile. It’s business–show business–the thing that David doesn’t like.

cc halo, I can understand on one level why they would want David to sing Imagine again, on the last season’s finale. At the same time though, I think that David can sing almost anything and do it so well and that is not the only sung that he can sing beautifully, although I love his rendition.
    Ideally, it would have been wonderful if he had sung a small portion of Imagine and then another song. Now that would have been great. In any case, it seems he had conflicting schedules, it sounds like he already had prior commitments and couldn’t get there on time anyway.
    It’s great that Trent was inspired by David, he seems like a good guy with a unique talent.
    Just glad that David was there to participate in the finale, at least for a small portion. Sounds like he got a lot of enjoyment out of connecting with so many people there and I’m glad he had that experience. πŸ™‚

33. lynnella says:

I think Amer. Idol really missed an opportunity for a magical moment. They could have had David sing a duet with Jessica Sanchez on the Prayer. She sang it solo, and did a beautiful job, but how much more beautiful would it have been with David singing with her. It’s not like he doesn’t know the song (lol). Too bad.

I totally agree, lynnella. They could have had so many genuine new “moments” if they weren’t so fixated on regurgitating old ones. *cough*pantsonground*cough*

oh geez, this made me cry… you might have noticed my undying love for “Elevator” … in this vid, we learn what the song means to the lovely & brave Makelle (from David’s Make A Wish private concert):