Picture this: Our winner, David Archuleta

Source: NeonLimelight

Source: Getty/David-Daily.com

@ShowbizShelley: "I caught up with my @DavidArchie last night too! My fave :)"

Source: SmileyMichelle

Source: AmericanIdol.com

Source: JoJoWright

David & Alison ... Spanish duet, please! 🙂

Source: JustJaredJr.com

Crazy (Thanks, ArchieFanDoc/FanScene for these vids!)

Crush

I’ll Be

Whole Set w/all banter! (thanks, djafan!!!)

More pics HERE and HERE.

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Picture this: Our winner, David Archuleta

Picture perfect I would say, fabulous photos of David. Yes, he is the winner most definitely and always shall be. Didn’t catch any of David’s experiences at ‘finale’ night, red carpet or performance at the after party but sounds like he had a great time by his tweet. Apparently he sang Crazy, Crush and some of I’ll be A Cappella! Would love to hear and / or see that!
    Love some of the tweets like this one:
    L.A. LIVE
    LA_LIVE L.A. LIVE
    David Archuleta killing a version of Gnarls Barkley’s Crazy @RegalLALIVE How did this kid not win season 7? http://twitpic.com/52mhta

David Archuleta killing a version of Gnarls Barkley's Cr... on Twitpic

Crazy – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdw51DARCFQ&feature=player_embedded

tears… this song carried me through a LOT when I first heard him sing it. Oh me, Oh my his voice on this 3 years later – richer, fuller and those CRAZY notes at the end (allergy induced?!?)

Oh my…. the VOICE>>> perfect, and he seems so COMFY, Love having new vids!!!
    lol at “hmmm, if I can do it” oh David>>> you singing off the cuff is AWESOMESAUCE!

Foud this on twitter (yay, it is working for me again). We are not the only ones who think Season 7 was the best and only… how blessed I still feel that that is the one season I tuned into!
    New York Post named David Cook – David Archuleta Finale as the Best Idol Finale of all

4. jackryan4DA says:

MP3s of the Idol Viewing Party

CRAZY

thanks, JR!!!!

These are keepers for sure! … are you counting down the days to “Ma-nee-la”? 🙂 Love that he finally confirmed it in his vlog!

I love his hair!

… his vocals in those videos were pretty good too, I guess. lol 🙂

I’m sick at home today so just catching up on watching these vids, wow, just wow. How he can sound so amazing when he starts singing with those allergies is beyond me … LOL, Ref, “allergies FTW” hahahaha … abanana, great hair day there! 🙂

peppertara, that tweet says it all, that Crazy is too much. I just watched Crush & I think it’s the first time it actually choked me up… just so pure & beautiful. And I love the way the raucous crowd gets real quiet, not because he’s yelling or shooting off special effects but telling us what the song means in that gorgeous voice of his. gahhhh

More vids from ziffle77!

Crazy:

Crush:

I’ll Be:

8. Laura says:

I was catching up on yesterday’s amazing videos when my mail came. I had sent 2 CD’s to Toronto’s Sick Children’s Hospital as part of the CMN Project a couple of months back. Today, I received a beautiful thank-you letter from the hospital explaining how these donations helped them to provide gifts for the children to recognize special milestones in their lives, such as birthdays and end of treatment rewards. I also got a special thank you from one of the kids http://picturepush.com/public/5735273 . As I sit here being blown away once again watching the videos, I am reminded that with David, it’s about so much more than just the music. I hope he realizes how many lives he has touched.
    Sick Kids thank you

wow, Laura, you just made my day! Someone once said that David creates these ripples, like a stone being thrown into a pond, ripples of joy … you just never know how far they’ll reach or who they’ll touch. Thanks so much for sharing that! *hugs*

• refnaf says:

So cool Laura!!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

What…!!!! Idol, & Vlogs & Videos, oh my! Oh, happy days are here again…and woo hoo, May 28th we have a full blown concert. 😀

And a great big double “eeeeeep eeeeeep” to you ms. ref

^^^ lol Ms. Kiz (((hug)))

David, there are no words for you.
    Ave Maria to this Crazy.
    I bow to you.

gahhh, that Crazy is cray-zehhhhh … what emme said! 🙂

A quick vid of D’s advice to future hopefuls from that night:

13. betsy says:

“Never sing anything that you don’t believe in.”
    Preach it David.
    Currently stuck watching Crazy. So. Good.
    He clearly believes in that song.

• emmegirl says:

Clearly.

• betsy says:

Now I wanna know who he thinks is crazy, lol.
        Also want to know why I woke up, poured a cup of java, and went online immediately to see this 2-1/2 song performance. So raw, so addicting. It has replaced the Zoo-a-palooza Crazy in my affections. If that even makes sense. I’ll just let it stand.

• refnaf says:

I agree, he must have someone he thinks is “crazy” in order to get that emotion in the song>>> lol, maybe he thinks his fans are crazy?? lol,

14. jackryan4DA says:

Esp for international fans who cannot access —

DA @ MTVTR3s — ADVICE TO FUTURE IDOLS

makes total sense, Betsy… I’m still home sick & just got up and did the same thing … and that Crush kills me too… it’s like I’m hearing it for the first time.

I just love the place he seems to be in right now, as Ref said, “comfy”… comfortable in his own skin, letting the songs take him where they may … goin’ with the flow, wherever that goes … and best of all he’s takin’ us with him! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Nice interview with David about this weekend’s show:

And an interesting article about A.I. payouts for winners & runner-ups who are minors … from this, it looks as though David actually got more $$$ than Scotty & Alaina?

16. djafan says:

Hello all!

Sorry for the sideways view 🙂 My brain is just adjusting from being turned to mush by “The Voice”, INCREDIBLE.

Abrra flipped it for me here.

17. djafan says:

Tofan,

Ooops, I see you have the flipped one, please delete the double. thanks.

haha, great minds think alike! I originally had your sideways one, thanks so much for filming his whole set, always love his rambling in between songs! I’m impressed you’re still standing! 😆

• refnaf says:

(((((dja))))) So glad you got to be there!!! and the vid is awesome, especially having the entire performance. I adore David’s banter, thanks for capturing it all. You going to SOF?????

Big thanks to djafan and all the wonderful fans who bring us these much appreciated videos!
    Crazy is crazy alright, soooo good! Each of his songs had their special David magic, simply grand! I think this ‘Crush” may become my new favorite version too and “I’ll Be” A Capella, way to go David. When David sings A Capella I forget that there is no instrument back up because he IS the music, he amazes me. David is not only the best young singer out there and the best A Capella singer out there but also the best allergy laden singer out there!
    Laura, I echo your words. I also received a sweet picture with a letter, so heartwarming. Like TOfan said, David creates ripples of joy….and they just continue to spread. Who knows how far they will reach, pretty awesome.
    The best advice….”Sing music that you love, never sing anything you don’t believe in”.
    David is definitely ‘doing his thing’ and sure does it well.
    TOfan, hope you feel better real soon. 🙂
    Oh..and interesting article about the A.I. payouts. Wish the new ‘Idols” best of luck.
    Still nothing like Season 7. 🙂

• emmegirl says:

Here, here!!

Masterclass Lady has stated (more than once, btw), he has singular talent.
      No one compares. Not that there aren’t other incredibly talented artists out there in their own right…just none that compare. No one else sounds like him, and they most certainly can’t mimic him…his tone, his voice, his control, what he does with a word, a syllable, a note, a procession of notes. And there are very few that can sing the variety of styles he does. And he doesn’t just sing them, he owns them. The guy who just sang that soulful, jazzed up, raw Crazy has been measured by some against classical singers…crazy indeed.

Busy packing for a 3 week road trip to Newfoundland!!!! We leave tomorrow morning>> I hope to be able to be online tomorrow night for the concert!!!!

TOfan…. glad you are feeling a bit better……. take a few more David vids and have a good sleep.

((((hugs)))) everybody!!

• emmegirl says:

My, what an amazing landscape, would love to stow away in your trunk. Have a wonderful time! (hope you get the concert)

Just wanted to say that David & Brooke’s friendship warms my heart … before his tweet about her new EP, she tweeted “Grateful for good friends” and then after his tweet, she said “@DavidArchie that sure means a lot coming from you … pals for life :)” Pretty classy that she didn’t feel the need to tweet about him coming over… just sayin’ 🙂

Soooo excited for tomorrow night, even though I won’t be there, lol … here’s a twitpic of the stage David & band will be performing on (thanks, @hazeleyd71):
    Here is the stage @DavidArchie will be performing on tomorrow... on Twitpic

eeeeep is right refnaf! Here is a video with great audio thanks to jonerzz. David’s cover of this song is wonderful!

Whoa, Holy Myrtle Beach! Love this video of GGTT with intro of David’s awesome band. Crazy good singer with crazy good band!

Myrtle Beach vids & tweets up on new post/thread!

🙂