Location, location, location

Source: tumblr/yoonhae28 (Click pic for more RSO shots.)

So we might not know what’s up next for David Archuleta, but one thing we do know is that he made a New Year’s resolution to keep us updated by filming video blogs.

(Okay, I use the term “updated” loosely.)

Source: tumblr/thedavidarchuleta

We also know that he likes to mix things up a little in terms of locations and costars.

Most recently, we’ve had closet vlogs, banana tree backdrops, snowy cats, random gorillas, and a striped fabric enclosure that looked like he was Harry Potter living under the Dursley’s staircase.

So in the absence of any real news of any kind, I put together this poll just for fun, to find out where you think the next vlog location might take place … and if you choose “at the piano,” I’m particularly interested to learn what songs you might like to hear if he did ever decide to serenade us. (Just puttin’ that out there. πŸ™‚ ) My first choice would have to be “A Case of You.” *dreams* … changed my mind to “Free Man in Paris” (which seems appropriate right about now … “stoking the star-maker machinery behind the popular song” πŸ™‚ )

P.S. Just read this on IDF (by dolls17) and loved it so thought I’d share:

"With music, we can all speak the same language and we can relate to one another's joy and pains." ~Chords of Strength (Photo: tumblr/peacelovedavid)

I just want to encourage everyone to hang in there with David, although we have no idea what he’s doing right now. lol. IDK about you guys, but when things aren’t clear, I go searching for the things that are. And these are the things that are clear to me:

(1) When David first tweeted about making tough decisions, alot of fans responded and said they’d stand by him & continue their support through whatever decisions he made.

(2) David was very thankful for that, and he said “That means alot”. I think that whatever he’s facing, he draws strength from believing that we’ll still be there when it all works out.

(3) He said in his vlog that, as an artist, he’s going in a different direction. And that he’s excited about being able to go in that direction. Which tells me that he’s definitely planning on continuing in music.

(4) He’s been working hard at writing songs. He could be doing that just to keep his mind mentally fresh until a label comes along…Or because he needs to narrow down and define his sound more, to help him decide which label & mgmt would suit him best. I know that when Ciara was “dropped”, one reason was because she didn’t have a “defined-enough” image. Maybe JIVE advised him to work on this before going any further…Or maybe he needs some songs to submit to prospective labels…

I know that the “not-knowing” and waiting has not been very fun. I’ve seen people getting extremely worried, discouraged, irritated at David for not saying what he’s up to, starting to feel disconnected, feeling guilty that they feel disconnected…the list goes on an on. I can honestly say that I’ve felt all those things, depending on what day it is. And I’ve reached the conclusion that those feelings are normal (unless I’m not normal, which is entirely possible. lol)

A few fans were trying to cheer me up awhile back, & they pointed out a few things…One is that David needs to do this if he wants to get further in the industry. He needs to regroup, define himself, define his goals, and figure out the best next step to reach those goals. Going through the process can take a long time. But if he doesn’t, he’ll just keep spinning his wheels and won’t get any further than this….Also, it could be that David is being tight-lipped because what he’s dealing with is a very personal and private matter to him, so all we can do is respect that and be patient (I’m not very good at that, but I’m trying). Or, if he’s like me, maybe when he’s facing big decisions he needs alot of alone-time and family time to…ponder. lol.

Anyway, I don’t know if that will help anybody. But I just want to say “hang in there” because I’m sure that David needs us to, and because we’re usually awesome that way.

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to Location, location, location

Bringing this over from end of last thread, from Kizzi:

What Are We Gonna Do Now?
    What shall we do to fill the empty spaces?
    Where waves of @DavidArchie wishes roar?
    Shall we cyber surf across the sea of faces?
    Questioning, in search of more and more?

It’s a great time to be introspective,
    To ask–what gives meaning to our Archu-Life?

Shall we…
    … volunteer for RSO?
    …donate to Angels for a Cause?

Shall we…
    …give TOSOD to CMN Hospitals?
    …contribute gift baskets to @zerogravity1’s β€œThe Voice?”

Shall we walk down memory lane?
    Shall we hope things stay the same?

It can be a time to sit back or ponder,
    or donate or volunteer,
    Any one or all of those things engenders,
    Grace, humaneness, goodness & cheer.

TOfan love your very creative poll, haha. Thanks for the new post too (have I mentioned that you are a star at keeping us updated and focused on important, insightful and fun info, because you are).
    Have to say I really liked the comments you brought over from IDF too…very well stated! Yes, we all just need to “hang in there” when it comes right down to it.
    Also really loved Kizzi’s poem….and that last line “Grace, humaneness, goodness & cheer.” Think that’s what will carry us.
    I voted for David at the piano in the poll because I would absolutely love for him to serenade us at the piano (maybe some lines from a new song?) Maybe he is writing Spanish songs? Who knows. Anything he surprised us with would be quite wonderful though.
    For David to blog from a Blimp would be pretty epic! Then he could serenade us with “Up, Up And Away” (in my beautiful balloon). πŸ™‚

• refnaf says:

The vlog from a piano, that would be awesome…. a chat even better, we could request and he could sing….

• emmegirl says:

but I could just hear him saying, “I can’t play that on the piano,”
        “I can’t play that on the piano either.”

Lol, I picked Narnia too!

<333 peppertara … haha, I used to looove the 5th Dimension! That would actually be awesome! πŸ˜†

emme, I have never seen that vid, thank you!!! The look on his face when the DJ compliments his “stunning amber eyes” hahaha, priceless! And “I can take requests … of songs that I know” lolol

& gorgeous ATM… I think back to David posting that on youTube pre-Idol and I have this strong feeling he’ll be coming full circle and returning to that soulful/organic/free-range (to quote dearest beebs) sound again in his new music.

• emmegirl says:

Soulful/organic/free-range… YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*did you notice the nose crinkle*

3. Abanana77 says:

I wish for David to be eating pie in his next blog in celebration of Pi Day πŸ˜€

Too fun TOfan!! I picked Narnia just cause David in Narnia????? How cool would getting those two of my fave things together πŸ™‚
    Got me thinking of all his vlogs (I think I need to go visit some of them…. ) there was one from a studio bathroom, one with a magic mirror, and another of my faves, a Toronto hotel room!
    The added IDF comments are spot on…. I myself am at that “good place” and am prepared to wait patiently for the wonders to come. He is still in contact with tweets and vlogs, even if there are not filled with tons of info, but we know he is working on his craft.

5. potluck8 says:

I would like to see David vlog from an elevator, an elevator in Los Angeles

6. Marylee says:

I’ve experienced all those different stages of thoughts & feelings since we first heard from David about the decisions he is in the midst of making..each day is different but I can honestly say that the main feeling is one of *longing & praying* that he will get exactly where he wants to go with his music career because he has demonstrated to me over the past three years that he deserves it. I’ve never witnessed such dedication & determination from a young man in my life. He never complains or places blame. He just keeps on keeping on..one foot in front of the other. I want David to reach that “Good Place” he wrote about & enjoy every waking moment it has to offer him. We love you, David & standing by you every step of your journey. ❀

7. Marylee says:

..oops…forgot to add..my vote goes to “at the piano” singing to us with that incredible VOICE..need to hear it ~like yesterday..lol

Tofan, A Case Of You, oooooh my….maybe in 10 years. That would be sublime – which also describes your taste in music. Love your article, and thanks for that terrific IDF comment.

I am just so grateful to the sites for all the support you give him and his fans. I hope you realize how much we depend on you day to day. You are our connection, our lifeline. It can’t be easy finding things to write about, especially now, and you just keep pounding them out – relevant, insightful and relatable. I know you do it for him, but you also do it for us, and I just want to say thank you. It does not go unnoticed and I heart you for it.

{{{{emme}}} this may sound weird but I can’t fully explain why I do it… can’t help myself actually, out of my control, lol … and just when I think no one would even notice or care if I didn’t, I read comments like yours & peppertara’s and well, look what you made me do! β™₯

9. betsy says:

Very creative article.
    Deb, I was barely into the 4the paragraph when I decided that he should do the next vlog from the laundry room. Thanks for making that an option. πŸ™‚
    While folding shirts and dodging cats running amuck, he can ramble on about the state of the union, Gain vs. Tide, dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener, whatever class of a dinner he had, what type of music he has been really into lately – idk.
    (I really miss his song of the day)

haha, betsy, laundry room was tied in 1st place with piano & Narnia for me! πŸ˜† “Gain vs. Tide, dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener” hahaha I can actually picture him doing a classic vlog on just that … but could never keep it to just 4 minutes of course! πŸ˜†

LOL TOfan. In an elevator car…playing a piano…suspended by a blimp…flying over Narnia, sure. Organically though, in the attic with a single candle (ok, I stretched the glowstick idea a little) on a grand piano looking through a window into the starlit sky, even better.

Ah wishing…my, ever the pragmatist, mother had two sayings about wishing: “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride” and “The best wish book is the Sears catalog.” I always had a stable full of wished for “horses” and wore the page corners down with all the wished for items from Sears. hahahaha Yeah, I know, my age is showing. πŸ˜€

So one of my recent wishes was that his tweet, “It’s not honest if you’re not being sincere. Everything we do should be done without any expectation of gain. Simply, it should be done for the satisfaction of knowing we have done better for others,” was a nice way to tell fans “thank you for being my fan, I gave you my music, my time, my performances and I’ve shared some of my personal time and insights. And that’s plenty. On both sides.” He gives his music, we get his music. That’s more than enough, for both sides.

I always noticed the way David said “home” in his vlogs and interviews. How he elongated the pronunciation of “home” and the tone of his speaking voice on that word was laced with such yearning and tenderness. And that he gets to spend a long stretch at the “home” he spoke of over the last 3 years, more than a week or two, well, it makes me grin and pump my fist, figuratively, and say “Yes, yes, yes.”

And, if he works from home, makes his base of operation from Utah, whatever his heart desires, that’s all that matters in the end. And, another thing I speculate on is that he is so frugal and made some good money and did good things with it, and his needs are small, and he can now do what he wishes with his career.

OK, now all this is a boatload of wishes that produced a corral full of imaginary horses according to good ole’ Mom, but I like those wishful thoughts. Whinny, whinny, neigh-hey!!

• emmegirl says:

Yep, yep and yep. πŸ™‚

Interesting take on D.’s tweet, kiz … when I read it (& because lots of celebs were talking to the press about how they were donating to Japan earthquake/tsunami relief), I immediately thought of David’s very low key trip to India & how he just wanted to help — “done for the satisfaction of knowing we have done better for others” — rather than using it to generate publicity for himself… and I’ve noticed how he says “home” too & wouldn’t be surprised if he wrote a song about that sometime. πŸ˜‰

• Kizzi says:

Makes sense it’s about giving in the context it was written.

I have a friend who works with teens and she was telling me about the psycho-social work teens have to do to develop their identity. One of the popular exercises for teen counselors is called “Who I Am” where the teen creates collages of not only who they are but who they want to be. I speculate that David knows who he is on many levels and now he is figuring out who he is as an artist. And we cyber fans are doing that exercise my friend talked about only our columns are titled: ‘Who We Think David Is’ Vs. ‘Who We Think David Should Be.’

Seems like we fans are having an identity crisis mayhap?! πŸ˜‰

And, this all sounds like a game of “Clue” …the Butler with the Candlestick in the Library. lolololol

Here’s a ZG performance from the Demi tour in Fairfax Virginia in 2009. Energetic and fun!

13. Angelica says:

TOfan,

Love the post and I chose Narnia too. I think David would enjoy there most of all. Just want him to take his sweet time and follow his bliss. I’ll tag along cause like you, I can’t help myself. πŸ™‚

14. SandyBeaches says:

Something that I have noticed even moreso during David’s absence is the showing of people’s artistic talents. The articles like this one posses creativity we almost take for granted after so much time has gone by. There are a lot of talented people on every site and because of that we are able to wait out the time delay. Also faith, hope and charity play a part in this as well.

All the best to everyone as we continue on this unusual journey. Was that Alice who just walked by? I saw a Cheshire cat earlier this evening. Life continues to be unique.

SB

So David had a little ‘Twitterfest” this evening. I do like this tweet!

DavidArchie David Archuleta
    @archanimal92 I know I need to go to Canada! Trying to figure it out and see what we can do now that there’s more breathing space lol
    8 minutes ago
    Β»
    David Archuleta

(hope he does figure it out). πŸ™‚

Yay!!!!!!!! That made my day, peppertara! (missed the par-tay last night!)

Here, thanks to Valerie at Totally David, are the party tweets!

tweetparty1

tweetparty2

Ah I missed it too, twittering is low on my to do list…. but love his tweets!!!!

“I know I need to go to Canada! Trying to figure it out and see what we can do now that there’s more breathing space lol ”
    Adore his choice of words>> not wants but NEEDS to come to Canada! Yes David you do :). So happy that he feels he has breathing space, the freedom to be more in control of what he wants to do and where he wants to go….
    This is just what I wanted to hear today!!! Yay!!!

Thanks for bringing the whole “partay” over TOfan!!

18. embe says:

Hi all.

Just stopping by to tell ya I still worship David and….

It’s a girl πŸ˜‰

19. Angelica says:

Embe!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! A girl! Can you send a pic? What did you name her? ((((β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯))))

embe… you havn’t actually had her yet? But, a girl CONGRAT’S

Also, loving everyone’s comments this and last post.

Really liking the poppies TOfan!

21. Angelica says:

Oh. I thought she had disembarked. Well, take care of that precious cargo and congrats again!

22. embe says:

Angelica, she is due July 29th. But I will definitely show you a photo of her then πŸ™‚ And I actually do have pictures of her, but since they’re from my uterus the view isn’t that clear πŸ˜›

Can’t wait to see her reaction to David’s music… She’s gonna be competing with her mom on who is more in love with David. Poor Pete!

embe, LOL, I got this email notice (I’m somehow on the mailing list for a club I never go to) and thought of you!

“THE AFTER-PARTY IS IN THE PUB W/ DJ CULLI OF FINLAND” πŸ˜†

And how did I miss this dreamy MH?!?!?!

And Angels! (complete with rambling!)

So exciting embe!!!! I am sure she will be a fine David fan…I see mother-daughter David concerts in your (distant) future πŸ™‚

Dang, should’ve had this as one of the options on the vlog location poll! πŸ˜†

haircut tweet

This video is entitled “Bring David Archuleta to Toronto” πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Excited to hear about your news Embe. Are you thinking pink for the nursery?

Vlog!!!!!!!! (looks like the last option in the poll was the closest! lol)

More info:
    Happy St Patrick’s Day! Sorry this is such a dumb blog but I didn’t have as much time to go back and redo it so this was just the first take. Songwriting has been cool and just meetings coming up this next week. Good times.

Tags:
    David Archuleta St Patricks Day Japan Foundation planning plan organize organization strategize songwriting brain clogge

Make sure you watch right till the end! *dies*

• MunkFOD says:

one word… EXCITED! yay oops thats two!

• betsy says:

The tags again. He is so full of everything good. πŸ™‚
      am copying them again because I love them so much.
      Pure David.

lol brain clogge

Too cool fan vid !!!! thanks kizzi, good to see creative Canadians!!

This vlog, gosh, love it that he did not bother to redo it. The face when the computer glitches, so presious, i lol’d so hard….
    Especially love the imagery of him setting the foundation for the tower he is building……..eeeeeeeee the future sounds good to me!!!!

“foundation for the tower” sounds good to me! (why do I get the feeling he’s working on a brand-new website? hmmm)

His happiness is bubbling right out of the screen!!! Happy and relaxed> Perfection!

He makes my heart sing!

Refnaf & emme, me too!!!!

Love this comment on the youTube:
    “Lesson of the Blog:ο»Ώ Scarfs have a season πŸ™‚ lol” πŸ˜†

Aw, just loved the blog from David and more than 4 min!
    As you said TOfan: “Between the Toronto petition video, David’s epic tweets today, Jim Cantiello’s tweet to David, that amazing vlog & visions of D. indoor rock climbing, it’s like Christmas all over again! lolol”
    Absolutely agree! Love the scarf thing too, ha, and David is excited for what’s happening tomorrow….wonder what that could be? Something very good, no doubt!
    Thoughtful of him to mention Japan too, daily in my thoughts and prayers. ❀

David's video blogs are truly a happy experience, loved this one a lot. πŸ™‚

embe…congrats on your news, a little girl coming to bless your life! Hope you are doing very well. πŸ™‚

…since I like to share totally insignificant, unimportant things….I’ll…I’ll go now…

lolololololol πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Love ya’ SAz

embe, awww, a baby girl. I had a son and I thought nothing in the world could be better. And now I have a new baby granddaughter. Might have to reconsider. Congratulations!

Love jambajim and his D tweets.

I hope he lets us in on what he is doing tomorrow.

Tofan, I hope a new website is in the works. Something classy and deserving of his name on it.

And for all the snowangels I am keeping every possible digit crossed hoping that he makes it to Canada, soon!

So according to twitter this is a Lady V tweet : “I am doing something really exciting with someone on friday!! wait til you all hear :)))))))”

Such fun to speculate!! They are going for a blimp ride???? lol

haha, ref, that’s exactly what I was thinking! lolol I know lots of fans are hoping for career news, but I am totally hoping for a blimp trip! πŸ˜†

ref, thanks for the tweet! Hmm, hmmm, hmmm…they do seem to love each other to pieces. Blimpride, lol! I actually thought of that when he said he was doing something really fun tomorrow!

I am sure you all noticed the “hooome” at 4:25.

I am this close to starting a Jim Cantiello fan blog! Not only did he send that amazing tweet to David yesterday, but he mentioned him on his Idol recap & keeps his Christmas sweaters pic on his desk! (Thanks for noticing, Janey!):

To find the David mention, click on Part 3 & fast-forward to 2:26 min. in (& Cdn. viewers need to click on “Continue watching U.S. stream,” or something like that):

• Kizzi says:

LOL, TOfan, a JambaJim fan site??!! You are wonder woman as it is, Mon ami.

I wonder if it’s coincidence that Jim is acknowledging David now in several mediums. hmmmmmm. Will be interesting to see what unfolds, if anything. Pure speculation, MTV spot?? Saw the Barry Weiss speculation too.

• emmegirl says:

I am a card carrying member of the Jim Cantiello fanclub. He is a riot and has a genuine affection for David.

That blimp video is great, incredible views! Woot, female pilot!

The suspense is killing me. I am having company tonight so I really need to know NOW what he is up to.

Song of the day….California, Here I Come
    …you got some splainin’ to do Ricky Archuleta…. πŸ˜€

39. djafan says:

Hello all!

So what you peeps at snowangelz think???

He pretty much has me at the edge of my seat, pondering and drumming fingers.

Nice to see I’m not alone, all the fansites are doing the same thing πŸ™‚

β™₯

Ah!!!! I just got online and was hoping to find news about a blimp ride!!!!

“pondering and drumming fingers” along with you dja! nice to “see” you here!

Sign me up for the jambaJim fansite, what a sweetie πŸ™‚

While we’re waiting for news, here’s some interesting factoids about Idol earners (thanks, Totally David!):

“It’s hard to fathom now, but American Idol’s producers actually sent out audition fliers for the first season for fear they wouldn’t attract a sufficient talent pool to captivate a television audience.

While those fears quickly vanished, audition costs remain a financial hurdle for hopefuls who follow the Idol audition trail from city to city, hoping to be selected.

“What the TV audience doesn’t see is, if you’re from San Diego and you audition and make it through in St. Louis, then you have to return to St. Louis a month or two later for the next round, and then again for a third round,” says Rushfield. “Some can’t afford to and drop out.”

To earn a shot, David Archuleta traveled from Salt Lake City to San Diego, Jordin Sparks flew from Glendale, Ariz., to Seattle, and Brooke White crossed the country from Mesa, Ariz., to Philadelphia.

The gamble paid off. According to Forbes, Archuleta made $1.4 million and Sparks made $1.8 million from June 2009 to May 2010. White launched her acting career on the Fox made-for-TV movie, “Change of Plans.”
    Source.

Ackkkk He did it!!!!!

DavidArchie “Just got to do one of the coolest things I’ve always wanted to do!! Got to go on a blimp ride!! “

Oh yeah….. he did it with LadyV!!!!

Hahahaha can’t believe he actually rode in a blimp! Wow I am impressed with the fanbase’s guessing skills haha

Location, Location, Location!! TOfan. You are prophetic….he did vlog indirectly about a blimp. Cool.

Here is passenger info: http://www.goodyearblimp.com/cfmx/web/blimp/passengers/

3 cheers for riding the ride that’s lighter than air. Wonder if the blimp ride experience will make it into a song?

46. bluebar says:

Wonder if 12 year old David envisioned a Goodyear Blimp in his future – when these lyrics were written? πŸ™‚

“Dream sky-high!
    Ride the chances flying by
    Dream sky-high
    Even angels…
    Dream sky-high
    Ride the chances flying by
    Even angels dream sky-high
    Of everything they long to try
    Dream it sky-high”