Happy Thanksgiving, American cousins!

This is how David looked on Canadian Thanksgiving. 🙂

In a strange twist of fate, Refnaf and I have spent the past two Thanksgivings (Canadian this year, American last year) in the U.S. … listening to David Archuleta sing. Definitely something to be thankful for.

And now here we are back in Canada over American Thanksgiving weekend.

To mark the occasion, I wanted to reflect on the friendships I’ve made thanks to David and his music — on both sides of the border… and beyond! Everyone here, for starters. I think I’m just as thankful for those friendships as I am the joy and hope and pure fun David’s voice and songs have brought me.

The day I discovered David on A.I. was also the day I said good-bye to a beloved friend and never in my wildest dreams did I think that discovery would bring me new friends, true friends. I will forever be beholden to David for that and so much more.

Watching Season 7, it was David’s voice and the way he interpreted a song  that captivated me. It never occurred to me there would be much more to come… that he would write his own songs a mere two years later … great songs. And even if that thought did cross my mind, I figured it would be beautiful melodies he would come up with, based on his flair for improvisation.

But great lyrics? Did not see that coming.

Yes, once again, I underestimated The Archulator. The quirky, dorky genius who came up with these incredible lines:

Photo: Taryn Preston via FOD

I think I spot a silver lining
hiding in the grey

Every time I hear that line, it makes me smile. The acknowledgement that yes, there’s a ton of grey out there but, hey, take a closer look and tell me what you see. How pure David is that?

It’s the butterflies / That keep you feeling so alive, so alive

As you may have noticed, I am sort of a fan of this song and yes, I could’ve quoted the whole dang thing for you. But if I had to pick one line from it as my favourite (and to be kind, I thought that was best), this would be it. Just like the rest of the song, at first glance it seems so simple, almost childlike… but then the beautiful truth hits you like a freight train and the depth of meaning behind these simple words settles into your heart … like a butterfly.

This is such an uptempo song that I usually get carried away in the tempo of it and then those words catch me by surprise. “You’ve gotta see the hand for it to pull you out” is one of my favourite lines on the whole album. It’s so true. I’ve thought about that one a lot.

Will I turn the corner, see my future, in a beautiful faaaaace? Maybe.

Such raw, exposed longing and he literally draws “a little pict-cha” … can’t you just see him walking around the corner and spotting that face every time he sings that? sigh

You find it. You hold it. You feel its grace

Here, it’s not just the words but the heartbeat rhythm of the three phrases that makes it so powerful for me. When David sings “grace” I feel like falling to my knees.

And now, my most favourite line of any of David’s songs:

I just want to steal this moment right away from time

I can’t even articulate why I love this line so much, I just do. I feel it under my skin. It’s not even that it speaks to me, it’s almost like he was reading my mind and stole it away from there.

Okay, enough about me… what do you guys think? What are your favourite David lyrics? And what are you most thankful for on this wild ride of ours?

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

106 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving, American cousins!

Ahhhh……TOfan, you have quoted some of my absolutely favorite lyrics from David’s songs. “Paint it over if your world is grey… Cut the ribbon if it starts to fray … You’ve gotta see the hand for it to pull you out”. Adore those lyrics, in fact I can’t get enough of that song because the lyrics, sung by that voice, just pull me in and grab me every time, love it.
    “You find it. You hold it. You feel its grace.” Straight to the heart, the soul. The first time I heard those lyrics I knew I would love the song and I do, a lot.
    TAGGB has such sweet, simple, lovely inspiring lyrics, will always love it and be thankful to David for sharing his heart, his hopes, his concern for others in that song and for daring to be real and say what he wanted to say.
    Another line I love is simply… “The Other Side Of Down”. Love the clever, cute, creative lyrics, not to mention that it is one of my fave songs on the album. Never fails to make me feel good!
    I think every song on David’s new album has some great, creative lyrics.
    And this…”I just want to steal this moment right away from time.” Most definitely my favorite line in that song, always has been.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all our American cousins, friends, fans! So much to be thankful for. May you all have a blessed, joyful and thankful day.
    And thank you TOfan for a great post. Just love the picture posted, David on Canadian Thanksgiving. What a glorious smile and expression. 🙂

2. betsy says:

This is a perfect subject!
    (Happy Thanksgiving, all)
    I love all of the lyrics you’ve pointed out.
    In particular: “You find it. You hold it. You feel its grace” I have even decided that I will try to embroider some of Good Places’ lyrics on the back of a shirt. 🙂

“You’ve gotta see the hand for it to pull you out” kills me.
    “I’m just driving around, and I’m running a tab” (reminds me of his cab tweet and, ahem, his frugality”
    “Here I am with all these questions hangin’ from my ceiling low”
    “I thought I could live in it, but I just can’t”
    “I like you like shooting stars, and write songs on guitar”
    “But I keep wondering how, and when and WHY I HAVEN’T MET YOU.”
    LOL I could go on, and on. I’ll spare you all. 🙂

3. smanda says:

Loved this so much!!! Thanks 🙂

{{{TOfan}}}

I love love love this! David’s lyrics are the absolute best! I don’t even know if I can narrow them down! I love the “It’s the butterflies / That keep you feeling so alive, so alive” like you said. I also love the chorus of Who I am. “I’ve got nothing to win, I’ve got nothing to lose. Just trying to walk in my own two shoes.” and the “With a little bit of love we can win the fight. With a little bit of love, we can see the light. With a little bit of love, it’ll be all right” from TAGGB. And the “She’s anything but typical, a sweet surprise”. No idea why but I love that line.

Peppertara – I also LOVE the “But I keep wondering how, and when and WHY I HAVEN’T MET YOU.” but for some reason whenever I hear that song, I add a “yet” at the end. So it’s like ““But I keep wondering how, and when and WHY I HAVEN’T MET YOOOOOOOOOOOU…….. yet”. I don’t know why I feel like it belongs there. Haha.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I am also very thankful for everyone here! You’re all the best! <333. And I am also extremely thankful for the internet. Because without that, none of this would be possible, and it's something I take for granted a lot. I take so so many things for granted, things that make everyone's lives so much easier (ex: internet, shoes, calculators, weather forecasters, …) and sometimes it's good to just think about it. And when's a better time for that than Thanksgiving?

peppertara, “Straight to the heart, the soul” that’s the perfect way to describe his lyrics… and his voice!!!

Betsy, please don’t spare us, would love to hear more! In fact there’s another absolute favourite line that I forgot to include … can anyone guess what it is? 😆

{{{{smanda}}} *waves*

And something else to be thankful for today, in Toronto anyway… the radio station 98.1CHFI played HYAMLC this morning! Couldn’t resist doing a screencap of their playlist! (If you’re in the area you can request HERE or by phone!)

chfi screencap

Jinx TOfan. I was thinking about my favorite lyrics this last week. All seem to be about making a change….

“…cut the ribbon if its starts to fray…” is a current running favorite my inner voice seems to repeat over and over…hahaha…made me look at what is fraying and I need to cut in my life… because I am pretty much finished with being the “…token nice guy…” for the most part 😀

and then there are several lines from TOSOD:

“…I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on
    …So I put one foot front of the other,
    No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride,
    I keep climbing, gonna keep fighting until I make it to the other side of down …”

Then there is this one from Complain “…Cause I don’t always get everything I want…It doesn’t turn out the just way I thought it all should be…Baby, I can’t complain… which pops in my head these past few weeks with all the adjustments people are making about David’s career.

And, finally this one for everyone here at SAz…..You (all) are so beautiful, yeah…..!!!!

P.S. Thanks so much for the Thanksgiving post for the USA fans. Happy Day to all!

Ah…I need to take back my Happy Thanksgiving to the snowangelz and make it a belated one, lol. I woke up at 5 am out of a sound sleep and it struck me like a lighting bolt. I’ve never been the sharpest knife in the drawer but that was a doozy even for me.
    Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day, no matter what your doing.

Great article TOfan, love this idea and can’t wait to read all the comments, bbl.

• awestruck says:

(((emmiegirl)))

emmegirl, no worries, we’re one big happy ArchuFamily here! LOL

off-topic, EPIC 1/2-hour radio interview with David with MonsterRX (the 1st part was recorded last year during his 1st trip … cool to hear how much he’s grown since then … LOVE hearing him talk about how he had to fight to make the album he wanted and how he’ll try more serious stuff on his next album … next album???? *spazz* )! Thanks to Larissa_SG:

View here: http://www.vimeo.com/17190932
      Or download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?53192qxhf7jqge5

These are the interviewers gushing about how amazing it was to talk to him!

8. bluebird19 (Pattie) says:

TOfan: I, too, love this post. Lyrics are my thing. Well, I like melodies, too. I like some of the melodies by certain current pop artists, but the minute they open their mouths and sing the raunchy or stupid lyrics I have to turn the song off, so, I have to have good, meaningful lyrics for me to actually “enjoy” the song.

I agree with your choices as favorites.

I love “I think a spot of silver lining hiding in the grey” from “The Other Side of Down”.

“Look Around” has such strong lyrics to me. I love that whole song, especially “Tunnel vision got you blinded. Better slow down before you lose ground. It’ll happen anyway” and “Paint it over if your world is gray” and “When you close your eyes to see the view, you miss everything surrounding you” and “You found a loophole, that you fell in. Now you’re treading water. You gotta see the hand for it to pull you out” and “Stop and just look around”. Okay, that’s practically the whole song, but it’s a great song!

From “My Kind of Perfect” I like “She’s anything but typical. A sweet surprise”.

I can’t leave out “Nothing Else Better to Do” and my favorite line from that is probably “I got nothing else better to do than watching the smile light your face”.

From “Who I Am” I just love the whole song. I started to list the lines I like and just like “Look Around”, I realized it’s the whole song. So, I’ll spare you my writing the whole song down like I did “Look Around” and just suggest you go listen to the entire cd. LOL

Thanks for the post that has endless answers!!!

bluebird19…You’re right, this post does have endless answers! So many good lyrics.

One I forgot to mention…just because it is a great line that makes me smile, is from Who I am. “Gotta take a step back from my new ring tone, I don’t care if Jeff Fenster is calling”. Can’t help but love those lyrics! 🙂

Just love the half hr radio interview with MonsterRX. Also love how that supposedly 10 min interview turned into a half hr. Also love that they do such great interviews with David over there…give him some decent questions to answer and let him say what he wants to say. Bravo to the interviewers (and to David). Also love the ‘gushing’ over David, yes.. he can have that effect on people, that was sweet and love how they described David and how starstruck they were!
    Tofan, wonderful that they are playing HYAMLC! Haven’t heard that one played here, only TFN and they have also played OHN, so good to hear on radio. 🙂

10. Cindy says:

David Archuleta’s Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is getting played daily on this radio station in Vancouver, BC, Canada!!!

• awestruck says:

Cindy – I was listening yesterday to lite 96 in Calgary and I heard – for the first time HYAMLC too!

11. Cindy says:

I love the The Other Side of Down song, all of it!! I just love how David sings it, it’s custom made for him, I can hear it in his voice. Just as My Kind of Perfect suits his style and personality! I can hear David’s voice and message so clearly through these 2 songs, and I just can’t get enough!

Cindy… thanks for the info for HYAMLC being played on Vancouver radio. That’s great, now I will have to listen so I can hear that song played too!
    http://www.qmfm.com/playlist.asp is also playing one of his songs (The first Noel) daily and they have also played O Holy Night, hoping for more. 🙂

13. Marylee says:

TOfan: What a lovely article…I have to say that the moment I heard Good Place, I knew right then & there it would be a favorite of mine. When I heard the lyrics “you find it, you hold it, you feel its grace”, I sat back & said ..oh my gosh…how beautiful is that! Still can’t listen to this song without tears coming to my eyes..that’s how touched I’ve been since day one. There’s something about the way David delivers/expresses the meaning of the song through his brilliant vocals that just makes one “believe it”. The entire album is like seeing the sun peek through the clouds on a gloomy day!

Awww (((TOfan)))) happy memories that I am thankful for>>>> spending time on David trips with you and other “David friends” as my family has now named you all.
    Highlight of this jouney?? Connecting to David’s voice and then being able to share that with others who experience the same wonder! I can not imagine my life now without this “good place” (When he sings grace… gah). I also cannot imagine any other “hobby” that could be so uplifting, inspiring, and that brings so much joy and is fun….
    Many of my fave lyrics are the ones you mention, discoe with the flow till your feet are back on the ground>> my mantra!!!
    Tofan all the lyrics you mention and what you share about them… *sniff* I always feel that you write what I am not able too,,,, ((((((((hugs))))))))) Thank you for being part of this wild ride with me!!!!!! If I had not met you early in this adventure, I know things may have been quite different! I’d probably be a closet archie and very lonesome 😦
    Bluebird… yes! Look Around has strong lyrics… and it is so true that David’s lyrics seem so simple at first but pack a punch!!
    Thinking about David’s lyrics also make me think about how he can sing certain words
    and they just pierce me everytime….. “king” in “What Child is This”
    Hold on in “My Hands”, The last line on NEBTT…
    This is another aspect that gets me>>> I can listen to him sing the same word over and over and still get a thrill when I hear what he does with his voice.

Great to hear his CFTH getting some airplay!!!! yay!!

{{{Cindy}}} (aka CanadianArchie) Welcome!!! That is so awesome it’s being played in Vancouver too! And I am also really loving TOSOD these days … and I wonder if it was intended to be a single since the CDs in HMV all have a special label that says SBL, Elevator and The Other Side of Down are included … hmmm.

bleubird (aka Attwittsend), haha, love that you got “Nothing Else Better to Do” in there! I love that line too, I will admit!

Marylee, “The entire album is like seeing the sun peek through the clouds on a gloomy day!” LOVE that!!!

{{{Ref}}} Right back at ya, my friend! “I can listen to him sing the same word over and over and still get a thrill when I hear what he does with his voice.” Me too … certain words and the way he says them get me every time too … “Mel-ow-dies of Christmas,” “I drew a little pick-chah,” “I just need a place to get awaaaaaaay” … gah, I could go on and on! lol

And can I just say how cool it is that I didn’t have to identify the lyrics in the post… it make me smile to know that you guys would know right away which songs they came from . ♥ ♥ ♥ … No one’s guessed which fave lyric I forgot to mention! 🙂

I am still reeling from that half-hour interview (which seemed like about 1 min. long!) … when he talked about sitting by himself at lunch and not talking to anyone it broke my heart but I could also totally relate (teen flashbacks)… no wonder he’s into neighbour-visiting …. he knows what it’s like to feel all alone in the world and how good it feels when someone shows they care. *sniff*

Thought of some more of my fav lyrics! (there are too many really)

“Don’t fight, don’t hide those stars in your eyes. Let’em shine tonight, let’em shine toniggghhtt”

“Sometimes you just know, when to hold on, when to let go”

“When you close your eyes to see the view, you miss everything surrounding you”

“But somethings screaming out inside, makes me want to close my eyes, and hear the echo”

“No more wasting my time looking in the mirror, wishing my life was a little bit clearer”

Pretty much all of MKOP but especially “Maybe I just let you walk by. What can I say? Maybe I’ve known you all my life”

I think some of those lyrics have already been said, but you can never say them enough 😀

Tofan, what a fun post!

bluebird, yeah – I rarely listen to pop music on the radio these days. I can’t understand the lyrics most of the time and when I do I cringe most of the time.
    The songs whose lyrics have the most meaning for me right now are Look Around and Good Place – fav lyrics from these two are:
    – Better slow down, before you lose ground – It’ll happen anyway
    – When you close your eyes to see the view – You miss everything surrounding you
    – You found a loophole that you fell in, now you’re teading water – You gotta see the hand, for it to pull you out
    – You can build your life on air – What you need will always be there
    – You find it – You hold it – You feel it’s grace and all the rest of the song, lol

The angst with which David sings MKOP just tugs at my heartstrings every time I listen to it… a beautiful song sung by a beautiful guy!

That interview did go by faster that 30 minutes… oh my heck David seems to really get into answering the fan question in a big way and what thoughtful questions they were too.

TOfan>>> Disco with the flow, baby!

19. Heidijoy says:

I always enjoy coming here to SnowAngelz even though I mostly lurk. Thanks for all you do to support and enjoy David and his fans! Love focusing on the lyrics more through your eyes!

20. Katheryn says:

I love the following lyrics from Zero Gravity: “Cause with you I can fly”

That’s the way I feel every time I hear David sing. His voice soars, and so does my heart along with it!

To any SnowAngelz living in or around Vancouver, B.C., be sure to watch Celtic Christmas on the PBS station out of Seattle (KCTS) on December 4th at 7:00 p.m. If you can tune it in, it will also be on the PBS station out of Tacoma tomorrow night (Saturday, November 27th at 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., a double dose of David!).

Thanks, Katheryn! It was so cool to see David listed in the programming guide of the PBS station closest to here (WNED)! … Double dose of David FTW!!! 😆

21. ray says:

warneing,have a box of tissues before watching orla fallons celtic xmass,lets see you pull that off beiber!!!!you can,t.excuse my ranting i am so sick of him being forced down my throut amas were a joke and so will the grammeys,real talent on those showes has dissapered,i am done thanks you all

So, I love this….TOSOD
    On the other side of down
    It keeps calling me
    Where I want to be…
    Really, truly it is where I want to be and I have David to thank for helping me have the right attitude to keep me there.

And this from Elevator:
    You’ll never know
    What you’re gonna get
    What you don’t expect will come and find you
    If you laugh or cry
    If you run and hide
    But it’s all right
    <<<Kinda how I feel about the fan journey!!!

Another interview – Todayonline.com

When he goes into a hotel room he checks out the snacks and the bathroom, lol!

Thanks, awestruck, cool interview! I LOL’d at the bathroom comment and his reaction to the mention of the Biebster! And I thought this was an interesting comment too:
      “There are lots of upsides to travelling. I enjoy being on the move constantly – it’s harder for people to tell me what to do because I’m not in one location.
      😯

And here’s a quick PBS interview with Orla Fallon where she mentions David … she wants to hug him too!:

• awestruck says:

I love that from Orla “I just wanted to hug him” and she knew that people came from all over to see the taping!

24. bebereader says:

TOfan,

Thank you for always coming up with something fresh and new to think about. David’s voice is so captivating that I had to give the songs on TOSOD several listens before I became aware that he was singing actual lyrics! LOL Makes no sense but when I listened, I found a treasure trove.

Favorite lines:

From TOSOD: “I might get tossed around but I’m always bouncing back.” This is so uplifting, encouraging…and classic David.

From MKOP: “I know I know she’s gotta be out there, I know she’s gotta be….”

Compare David’s lyrics to what’s on radio today and yowsa….there’s just no comparison. What can you learn from lyrics like: “don’t wanna kiss”, “spit on them”, “gimmee gimme baby”…..?? That’s the sad state of lyrics on radio today. And that’s why I rarely listen.

25. betsy says:

Tofan – Hm. He clearly dislikes people telling him what to do. Good.

Here is another lyric that kills me.

I know it’s over and I’ve
    always been your token nice guy
    Buy I know that you rule your whole world
    I thought I could live in it
    But I just can’t

bebereader & betsy, oooo, good ones, guys! Love STR, VERY interesting theme & lyrics! 🙂

Another fascinating one to me is the bridge in Good Place:

I don’t wanna waste another summer
    I don’t wanna wait until I fall
    I could be a memory tomorrow
    I could be nothing at all

The very first time I heard this, I seriously thought he was talking about the Demi tour, no joke!

• awestruck says:

I too thought “I don’t wanna waste another summer” was a bit odd, but that explanation fits TOfan. Especially considering what we are hearing about Demi these days. And, I must say that the lyrics

“I don’t wanna wait until I fall
      Icould be a memory tomorrow
      I could be nothing at all”

were very telling… sorry if I am repeating what has already been commented on!

Thought of another lyric:

“In the melodies an offering, of the love that flows from the heavenly king.”

Absolutely LOVE Melodies of Christmas. When I originally heard he was writing a song on the Christmas album, I had written it off. I was pretty sure I was going to hate it but it really surprised me 🙂 Now it’s one of my favs on the whole album.

can’t sleep…

sort of off topic, but you have to check this out – it’s amazing. a cartoon MEP set to PandA.

“Cause life gets hard sometimes, and I just need a place to get away – So turn the world around, I’m never coming down – ‘Cause I don’t never wanna hit the, wanna hit the ground”

• refnaf says:

“ground ,ground, ground, grou-nd
      don’t want to hit the ground”…..
      love that.

wow, awestruck, awesome vid! I actually love youtubes that only feature David’s songs in the background but have another theme for the visuals (better to convert non-fans with, mwahahaha).

Love this exchange in the comments too:

aweirdo1: D: itunes doesnt have this song!! *dies*

AgentDPSG1: WHAT?!? I’m pretty sure mine does…gah. Maybe it’s not out on the UK iTunes? I don’t know how that works. :3 I got the song straight off the CD, though, because Archie is one of my Three Acts whose stuff I actually buy on legit CD. 🙂

🙂 🙂 🙂

• Abanana77 says:

AMAZING video!! Everthing went so pefetctly with the song!

… and I’m pretty sure those cartoons had a lot more kissing than any cartoons I ever watched, lol.

29. ai lyn says:

great post as always TOfan! 😀
    abanana77 says:
    11/25/2010 at 9:18 am

I love this! I never imagined it like that before but now that I do it seems like the ‘yet’ should be there. Haha. 😀

refnaf says:
    11/26/2010 at 8:18 am

Yeah!! Me too! Every song he does has a certain moment where I’m like waiting for just to hear a special way he sings a certain word. It’s amazinggg.

Some of the lyrics I absolutely loveee:
    “I was thinking about ya. I drew a little picture, but some things you can’t put on paper.”
    “No matter what she’s looking at the bright side.” This line never fails to make me smile. It’s so David haha.

“It’s bad business. The way you’re stomping the roses.”

“So if I asked you would you stay, cause you remind me of a ballerina dancing on a wire.”

“The wind-shield looks like a movie screen and the world outside is a big machine. It moves so fast I can barely think. That’s okay cause I know what I’m doing.”

“In this sky I’m standing under all I see is endless rain. I think I spot a silver lining hiding in the grey.”

“I’ve been shown hope. I can see it in your eyes.”

“Elevator goes up. Elevator come down aaaaand you just go with the flow ’til your feet are back on the ground.”

“I don’t know what I’m doing here, how I landed in this space. But it’s a good place.”

“Windows like a broken crystal ball
    show me the missing pieces of my life.”

ai lyn, wow, you stumped me! Where is that last line from, it’s awesome!? *goes to fan detention*

And great news, lyrics fans, just saw this Twitpic from @Monica2112 on Snarkies … there’s a lyric book with the Japanese version of the CD!

Yay!! The Japanese version comes with a lyric booklet! @David... on Twitpic

If you haven’t already you can order Japanese version of CD HERE. (beside “Country” window, click “overseas” to bring up Canada & U.S. options. Cost is 2400 yen ($29 Cdn) + 1200 yen shipping ($14 Cdn) … ouch.

Love, love this thread and reading all the comments. I think every line in the album has been mentioned, lol.

Shut the window tight
    But it’s raining on the inside
    Do you realize you’re
    Getting nowhere
    That it’s all laid out for you
    Cut the ribbon if it starts to fray

Here I am with all these questions hanging from my ceiling low
    One by one they all keep telling me I told ya so
    Everywhere I turn I see red lights flashing over my head
    Oh no, Oh no, Oh no
    (wonder if this is how he felt trying to tell them about the album he wanted as opposed to what they wanted)

You found a loophole
    That you fell in
    Now you’re treading water
    You gotta see the hand for it to pull you out

Stomping the roses
    Smashing out all the feeling inside
    Of them
    It’s bad business

No shadows trying to knock me down tonight

You find it, you hold it, you feel it’s grace
    (Loove his backup vocals and guitar accompaniment in this one)

I might get tossed around but I’m always bouncing back.

*And also love the the whoa’s and yeah’s…TOSOD, last 30 sec, yeah baby!
    *The tone of his voice and backup whoa’s in TDAT… melting.

Refnaf, ai lyn… those magical words, the way he says them, sings them, they hit you where you live.

Kizzi, waving, nice to see you.

Thanks for the PAA video, wow, that is so well done, and I see it from a totally different perspective now.

ai lyn….“Windows like a broken crystal ball show me the missing pieces of my life.”
    Oh I love that line too, from David’s “The Day After Tomorrow”. Love that song…listen to David’s gorrrrr…..geous vocals on that one every morning on my way to work.
    awestruck….love that adorable animated video to PANDA! There is so much that you can do with David’s songs.
    Thoroughly enjoyed Orla’s comments about David. Of course you do just want to hug him…and it’s David’s own darn fault…for being so lovable and adorable! 🙂

Katherine…thanks for date listings for the PBS special for Vancouver. According to my Email from PBS the special will be shown three times for the Vancouver area:
    December 4th at 7:00 PM, December 9th at 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM. 🙂
    Can’t wait for my DVD to arrive too.

With all the wonderful, incredible lyrics in David’s songs (they are endless) matched with his stellar vocals, it makes you realize that he is such a stand out from any other young artist out there. Hopefully one day ‘real’ music will be recognized and appreciated more on popular radio and they will actually put money into promoting ‘real’ music and phenomenal artists like David.
    Here’s a good piece of info….David’s HYAMLC is climbing up the AC charts according to Mediabase. I think it’s jumped up to #17 now!

Hmm, starting to rethink ordering the Japanese version of the CD, just may have to.
    Thanks for the info TOfan. 🙂

emmegirl – waves again and again…good to see you too…. 😀 😀

Oh my goodness gracious me…just watched Orla Fallon’s Celtic Christmas which was on PBS here in Florida at 3pm ET today….Heavens to Major MAJOR OH GOOD HEAVENS TO BETSY Murgatroyd.!!!!!!!! Silent Night was fan-tab-u-lous and Pat-a-Pan was simply kil-lah. I think Mr. David Archuleta is a perfect match for PBS and I predict with absolute certainty that there is more to come from PBS and Mr. A. 😀
    Do ya here the sound of the key turning the tumblers of a mystical lock to a match being made?? Yep, big time magnetic match…here is where it is…where it belongs, for sure!

And given his interview where he says he doesn’t intend to be a heart-throb pop star like Bieber, well, I’m in complete alt b/c I’m thinking he sees his path clearly…that his words match his oh so multi-facted potential….Woo to the major mega Hoo!

• awestruck says:

“Heavens to Major MAJOR OH GOOD HEAVENS TO BETSY Murgatroyd.!!!!!!!! ”

LOL Kizzi – haven’t heard ‘Heavans to Murgatroyd’ in a long time (as we show our age with an old time expression)

I look forward to seeing Orla’s special this coming Saturday!

• Kizzi says:

Awestruck – hel-loooooooo!!!!!!!

Yes, Snagglepuss and his “Heavens to Murgatroyd”….just gotta love him. 😀 😀

• emmegirl says:

Hey kizzi, no willpower, watched the youtube videos first. How is it he is always delivers more than you even expected. Can’t wait to settle in tonight, finger postitioned firmly on the DVD rewind button.

The interview…”It’s cool he’s doing very well, but we’re different kind of artistes.”…. 🙂 this my big cheesy grin.

emme, you watched the youtubes? eeek, between you & Kizzi, you’re melting my resolve to wait for when the special airs here (Dec. 8th) … or when my DVD arrives … yes, I did order one & am glad I did because in another PBS intro, Orla says it contains interviews with the special guests … including David! 🙂 🙂 🙂

love you guys ((((hugs)))))

{{{hugs}}} back, Ref!!!

David’s intro to Orla’s special (thanks, FanScene!) ! lol at the chicken imitation! 😆

[video src="http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy107/66SDB/?action=view&current=DavidArchuletaInterview-PBS.mp4" /]

Lovely cover of MKOP from an Indonesian university student!

okay, my last youTube spam!

Here’s Elevator being played on a Korean reality show called “We Got Married”… “…it’s the butterflieeeees that keep you feelin’ so alive, so alive…” 😆

I lied, bwahahaha … SaturdayNightOnline Q&A (but it cuts off for me before the last question 😦 )

• awestruck says:

I cracked up when David imitated with his hands a record turntable!!!

TOfan, was the lsat question about having a celebrity crush?

Great questions in that Q&A. Like his answer to who he would like to trade places with for a day. And really loved him talking about the music the family and he listened to when he was growing up. And that stuff about him hearing vowels and syllables, “do you want a car wash” is classic…deciding on the book writing..and think I heard a knuckle crack in there too, lol! Hope there is more. Could listen to him all day. The gal behind the camera sounded totally under the spell.

awestruck, lol, a “turntable” like it was an ancient sundial! 😆

emme, vowels and syllables???? that must be where mine got cut off, grrr. What browser are you using?

Here’s David meeting singing contestants from “Star Power” … love ZG playing at the end!

Yay, HanneDenmark put the whole thing on YouTube, including the part at the end I missed!

41. silverfox says:

TOfan,

Just had to let you know how much I’ve enjoyed your article idea and this whole thread! It’s great and whether you meant to or not, when everyone writes down their favorite lyrics, it brings home how David thinks, how he feels, and what he believes. It gives us insight to the real genius of David. It’s really mind-blowing.

My favorite lyrics all come from one song, “Look Around”. The first time I listened to LA, I loved David’s voice, the sound, the music. Then I “heard” the lyrics as I was driving home after an especially trying day at work and I repeated it again & again. These are some of the most powerful lyrics I have ever heard! I think the lyrics may get lost in the music which tends to be kind of “club/electro” sounding in some parts but which I loved at first listen. Anyway, I started really “looking around” from that day. The lyrics just hit home and were so relatable. We get so caught up in situations we forget to “stop & just look around” at the beauty of life all around us.

There may be many young lyricists out there today who are getting all the accolades & awards (Swift & GaGa come to mind), but none have as much heart, soul or passion as the lyrics in David’s songs on TOSOD.

Again, I just love these kinds of threads which bring David & the person he is to the forefront. Thanks TOfan-tabulous!

{{{{{{SF}}}}}}

I had about the same reaction to Look Around. First thought, hmmm, cool up-tempo song… got caught up in the beat of it, then noticing how much depth and meaning is in the lyrics. One of my absolute favourites now.

• refnaf says:

SF!!! Look Around gets me up everytime…. I love the vibe and then the lyrics are so true to me…..
      Better slow down
      Before you lose ground
      It’ll happen anyway
      Paint it over if your world is gray
      and…
      You gotta see the hand
      For it to pull you out

42. jackryan4DA says:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Even if you are not Americans! LOL

You gotta trust work to eat up your night and day after TheArchuleta leaves the country. I have SO much to catch up!

As promised, here is the 2nd installment of my DALIM 2.0 story, this time focusing on what you may have been waiting for — my archumoments! I know this is too belated but…

ADMIN – I hope you don’t mind me posting the link. Thanks!

43. jackryan4DA says:

Relish this clear crisp vid of Silent NIght thanks to zpfxlrdnajs of Orla Fallon Forum

Thanks so much, JR!!!! My apologies for the trouble embedding … it’s this new template, doesn’t seem to like the embed codes, just the straight URL link.

Kept thinking of you while David was in Manila … what amazing fans you guys are … the love & respect & joyful welcome shown to David was so very beautiful to see, thanks to you and all your fan friends there! <3333

44. jackryan4DA says:

Anw, in case you have not seen, for complete and HQ/HD vids of David’s guestings & interviews in Manila – just check them here:

45. jackryan4DA says:

PAT-A-PAN HD VID — thanks to zpfxlrdnajs

JR…I read your wonderful recap about having the amazing experience of being up front with David (and your awesome questions). Soooo…….happy for you, you are so deserving! What an incredible experience for you and for all his fans over there. You are all just plain wonderful. Thank you for all your wonderful videos and for sharing so much with the rest of the fan world.
    The HD videos from the Christmas special are perfecto! Love the beautiful Silent Night and I am thrilled at David singing Pat-A-Pan, I so love that song. Can’t wait to actually watch it on TV (and get my DVD in the mail).

Still smiling at David’s animations of a record player (yes TOfan…like describing an ancient sun dial, lol). Also smiling about his adorable chicken imitation from the PBS interview, haha. One for the Archuleta records of pure entertainment and sweetness.

As silverfox mentioned about “Look Around”, the lyrics to that song are something to be proud of. This old fan listens to that song daily and just absorbs every word. That song is something rare and remarkable to me. How many uptempo, dance type numbers are out there with a lyric base that is full of substance and meaning, love that. Wish more people out there would realize the incredible value in David’s songs, could do them all some good. As a bonus you get outstanding vocals and great melodies too. 🙂

• refnaf says:

“”This old fan listens to that song daily and just absorbs every word. That song is something rare and remarkable to me. How many uptempo, dance type numbers are out there with a lyric base that is full of substance and meaning, love that.””<<<< Me tooo, well said peppertara

(((((((JR))))))) **bows** to Video Queen, Thanks for the vids!!!!

I too am so happy that David made it to your neck of the woods. I hope that a full concert will come your way… We here are still hopeful that the Archuleta will grace our shores, but I question whether we would be able to give him the kind of amazing welcome that you guys did!!!! You all rock!
    The double blessing you shared of having “close up time ” with David could not have happened to a better fan!!! Great questions!!! So happy for you and thanks for sharing your recap…. ***chills***

yeah I am on the Look Around band wagon too!

peppertara – love this “Wish more people out there would realize the incredible value in David’s songs, could do them all some good. As a bonus you get outstanding vocals and great melodies too. ”

As a bonus! outstanding vocals and great melodies! oh yeah.

hey you awestruck!!! Ditto

‘nothing else better to do’

I am looking at the comments on the Orla videos – Silent Night and Pat-a-Pan… don’t know if I should post the links as not everyone has seen the special yet – including me! No, I have not watched these videos till I do.

But, this one comment on Pat-a-Pan –

“TJniby1026lala
    25 minutes ago At first I was watching this special to support Orla and Meav but as I looked at some of David’s other perfomances including this one, he really grew on me. I really like David’s Performance. I am now officially a new fan of David Archuleta.”

Another one bites the dust, lol!

• awestruck says:

DUH JR posted them already!!!

So cool, awestruck, LOVE hearing those comments!!! I’m holding off too until I watch the special. And I ordered a couple of DVDs as Christmas gifts for the Celtic music fans in the family, bwahahahaha!

And is it my imagination or is David featured most in that Extra! clip? There were other performers, right? 😆

• awestruck says:

yeah, TOfan it seemed that David was highlighted… cool – maybe WEG is stepping it up with promo…

This from JR (was part of one group of interviewers) and her recap of David’s visit to Manila –

“I chose to ask about his journal and about future books — so others will know about him making the NY Best sellers list. The guy to my right, from Phil Entertainment Portal was impressed.
        I actually prepared 5 questions. Good thing I mentioned some of them to Sony execs while we were at the airport. When they found out that I was only able to ask one question, they came back to me with the answers. They asked David on my behalf. Wasn’t that neat of them? So here they are
        1. Q2: At the start, JIVE and everyone else was so gung-ho with SBL. Shortly after, you promoted Elevator. Except for your radio tour, all promo literally stopped. What’s up with that? Cos the fans are confused, if not frustrated.
        Jive had a change in management, when David didn’t have his own management. WEG is sure to straighten out priorities.
        2. Q3: When you had that Elevator dream, you mentioned about being in the middle of choosing management. So why WEG?
        WEG has a track record of successfully taking care of their talents.
        The other two questions left unanswered were about
        – when can we expect a return of the “Soul Man from Utah” in his music
        – when will he do promos for the huge markets of Japan & Canada”

Great info about the lack of promo for SBL, Elevator as a single…

I too would love to know when ‘the soul man from Utah’ will make an appearance…

David at The Grove on EXTRA

52. MunkFOD says:

TOFan, Great article! I think you shared all of my favorite lyrics. The lyrics on this album are like an onion….you can just keep peeling them back and you get more hidden meanings and ways that they can help you thru the day. It is just plain awesome. And of course…there are the tears to go along with it…. 😀 happy hopeful tears…Thanks for sharing!

Munk, “like an onion” … so true. Just heard something new again today, in fact … “Shut the window tight but it’s raining on the inside gahhh, love that!

• MunkFOD says:

yeah! that is one of the best! There are tons and I think we will be discovering new little sweet phrases for a long time! So glad he spent so much time laboring over the lyrics! awesomesauce!

• awestruck says:

awesome analogy Munk! pealing the layers… tears oh yeah!

Was driving to work this morning listening to TOSOD album, as I do every morning, haha, listening to that voice, how he connects (it does not matter what he sings) ….got to Good Place and Complain, went back to Good Place, singing and thinking about how much I love this album, how good it is for me.

Anyway, while sitting at a stop light I noticed several law enforcement vehicles going by, then another, and another, and another, they just kept coming. Then I realized they were en route to the funeral for a local law enforcement officer. He was killed in the line of duty last week with his own gun after trying to subdue a suspect. As I sat there watching the procession of cars, listening to those lyrics, I kinda lost it. The sentiment behind the lyrics was never more meaningful.

• awestruck says:

“I think he has created a great foundation for his music thus far, and the possibilities of what is to come are sometimes almost too much to think about.”

So true, he has laid a great foundation and I get that feeling of being overwhelmed every now and again just anticipating what is yet to come.

wow, emme, what powerful reminder of just how true those songs are… I know I would’ve lost it too. There have been a couple of times when I’ve heard one of David’s songs playing at the most unexpected yet perfect times… when I needed to hear that voice. Yes, almost too much to think about for sure… best to enjoy this “good place” we’re in right now.

54. poof says:

I am just amazed at all the great lyrics and it is fun to see which ones “strike you” . From the first listen I was overwhelmed with the lines in Something Bout Love.
    When you were young,
    scared in the night, waiting for love to come along and make it right…..
    your day will come, the past is gone so take your time.
    Live and Live……
    The way I interpret these lines, Forgive, even those that didn’t come. That’s a lot to forgive, but he asks us to do it. Oh man!………..

poof – Look Around and Good Place are the two songs that have the most impact on me right at this time in my life… each of us takes what we need from David’s songs and it could be that each of us takes something a little different from the same song. That is what, in my opinion, is so special.

Today I donated TOSOD and CFTH to the ‘play care’ center at the Children’s Hospital. Wouldn’t it be cool to know how they relate to David’s music – maybe I’ll go back in a month or so and ask just that.

• abanana77 says:

{{{awestruck}}}
      I LOVE this: “each of us takes what we need from David’s songs and it could be that each of us takes something a little different from the same song. That is what, in my opinion, is so special.” So so true.

What a great idea to donate the albums to the Children’s hospital! I want everyone who needs it to be able to listen to David’s music. I just want to share him with the world!

• awestruck says:

Absolutely share him with the world… oh yes, everybody to experience the wonderful feelings David evokes…

hugs back!

• emmegirl says:

Your donation to your children’s hospital, what a wonderful idea, it could not be more perfect. We have a Ronald McDonald house, think I will donate there too! I’m so excited!

poof, oh my, love that interpretation. I think you nailed it.

awestruck, lovely idea….donating David’s CDs to the Children’s Hospital. I did that last year but haven’t got around to it yet this year but you just reminded me. Nice thing to do I think. Actually a lot of “Golden Archies” get together and donate about 50 of David’s CDs to the kids at the Children’s hospital in Utah each year. That’s one project I always like to participate in too. The first year they were donated David even signed them all, pretty amazing fellow.

poof (cute name)….Something ‘Bout Love has some great lyrics too. “When the world falls down like rain it’ll bring you to your knees” and “Don’t fight, don’t hide those stars in your eyes, let em shine tonight”. Love that.
    Yes, there is no doubt that David is a very forgiving person and a very hopeful and
    positive person. He’s very encouraging to others too. 🙂

peppertara, that is cool to know that is being done on such a grand scale!

poof & peppertara, “When the world falls down like rain it’ll bring you to your knees” … my favourite part of SBL!

awestruck, what an amazing idea! Last year, during the local “Christmas Wish” annual collection of toys and gifts for kids in need, they mentioned there was a shortage of gifts for teens, so I donated David’s first album. Thanks for the reminder, will def. give TOSOD this year!

Here’s the winner of David’s Karaoke contest (I know, I know, you are shocked it is not me but hey, that’s showbiz, folks 🙂 )… she’s fantastic, love her “backup” friends!

59. embe86 says:

The reason why I haven’t contributed to this sharing of lyrics is because I love so many lines in TOSOD. And I think all of them have been mentioned by now. There are some who doubt David’s abilities as a songwriter. Don’t they understand the English language? David not only knows how to create a sentence that captures millions of emotions and thoughts at once, but he’s also a master of hidden meanings.

Not to mention the fact that David’s timeless expressions are all over fan art, message board siggys, t-shirts etc. In Finland we call this phenomenon “lentävä lause” (a flying sentence), that starts from i.e. a movie or a song and then spreads around from mouth to mouth. I suggest the following: whenever someone next to us seems uptight or nervous, let’s all say “Hey man, just disco with the flow” to them. That’ll spread for sure!

Ok, I just read what I wrote and I have no idea which one of my multiple personalities wrote that.

60. embe86 says:

Oh, and JR said the funniest thing on TDC: “How will the world ever be ready for Embe Jr?” 😀 JR, you’re not the only one that has expressed their concern for the poor Earth and how it can possibly manage Embe Jr. Many have started storing food and building underground shelters. My hormones are getting freaky already and I’m reeeally tired most of the time. Luckily I have hours and hours of David videos favorited on youtube so I can just watch them whenever my energy levels are low. David, if you are reading this, please know that I’m really a decent person and we should hang out. Any inappropriate thing I might say is strictly a result of my pregnancy. P.S. You’re really hot.

Haha, Embe, watch out world for Embe Jr.! 😆 I’m going to try to work “lentävä lause” into conversation and see how that goes! lol

Here’s an adorbs Twitpic from @pabuckie of 90something Dorothy, the lady David introduced at the Indiana event (click 2 enlarge):

Awwww.....Dorothy &amp; David :):) on Twitpic

oh embe, LOL I hate to be the one to break it to you but ‘scattered brain’ syndrome only gets worse as the as you move throught the 9 months!

63. Sunshine says:

TOfan – such a great post. I couldn’t agree more that being part of David’s world has meant wonderful new friends, joy and generosity. On the question of lyrics… can’t go past Who I Am’s …. ‘I don’t care if Jeff Fenster is calling.’ Just a hint of rebellious David. :). Also… from TAGGB…. ‘Standin’ here together / Yeah, we’re gonna be fine.’ It’s a simple thought but when he sings it, I BELIEVE him.

Countdown to SLC is ON!

You peeps have confirmed for me (again) that David’s fans are the most giving, kind, loving people around, perhaps he is rubbing off on us>>> all this gifting of cd’s etc.
    Very good ideas!!!

That pic of David and Dorothy… omgosh, precious, they are both beaming. The heart connection that David makes is bouncing right out of that pic!!!!

((((Sunshine))))) How many more sleeps????? eeeeeee

{{{Sunshine!}}}