Vodpod videos no longer available.
It just hit me today that Mr. David Archuleta hosted his first live chat last night … and we got to virtually hang-out with him for a whole hour.
It was almost too much awesomeness all in one go. Like going from the occasional M&M to inhaling an entire six-layer chocolate cake.
My head is spinning with images of David petting a zebra while watching Hoarders, running circuits down hotel hallways, singing “It’s Not Easy Bein’ Green,” styling his hair into a sundae, and … ohmyheck was he really chair-dancing the Bachata???
In trying to process the hour of ArchuMagnificence, here are a few highlights:
1. Hearing David say “sweetiecupcake” — not sure why that made me LOL but I want to officially thank Ms. Cupcake for choosing that screen name (bet she’s made that clip her ringtone!)
2. Feisty Boss David giving employee Ms. Melinda the trufax: “I’m not yelling. I’m just stating a fact.” You tell her, D.! … Then later, laughing while refusing her suggestion to overtly plug the album: “They know it’s available in stores now.” … (I’m sure she’ll catch on in time that one thing David does not need help from management on is how to relate to his fans.)
3. Q: “If you could be a sandwich, what kind of sandwich would you be?” 100% serious-face David: “I don’t think I’d want to be sandwich. But if I had to be a sandwich, I think I’d be peanut butter and jelly.” … no words.
4. Learning that David’s pet peeve is people taking pictures of him sleeping during flights. “Hey, that’s personal!… not a fan of that.” … That is such an intrusion, so despicable, I can’t even imagine being so rude. (*resists urge to Google adorbs snoozing pics* )
5. Hearing that he’s writing his own Spanish songs. [insert appropriate flailing here]
6. Q. “If you could change your name, what would it be?” David: “When I was little, for some reason I liked the name Dale.” … doesn’t everyone?
7. Loved all the international questions flooding in from Brunei, Argentina, U.K., Peru, Honduras, Phillipines, Columbia. “Hi, Ireland!” 🙂
8. Q. “Your favourite song on the album?” David: “There are quite a few songs that I really like.” … Good to know.
9. Enjoyed what must be the longest pause in history as David tried to diplomatically answer the question, “What’s your favourite Katy Perry song?”
and last, but not least.
10. Q. “Will you come to Canada?” David: “I would actually really love to come to Canada. And Canada’s so close, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to plan a trip there. We were just discussing that today again and that was a concern I brought up. Because a lot of those fans come over the border, so I should make the effort to go say hi to them too.” (about the 38 min. mark)
That right there is my Happy Canadian Thanksgiving wish to each and every one of you!!!!
P.S. What are your favourite moments from album launch week?
P.P.S. The Wendy Williams Show