David Archuleta live: My kind of perfect

"Can I get a Hallelujah?!" (Pic: Samantha via Snarkies)

My eyes are glazed and my voice is gone as I sit here at work trying to “recalculate” (to quote the GPS lady) to real life after one amazing ArchuWeekend.

It all started, as Kizzi put it so well, accidentally on purpose in York, PA, Friday night. (Refnaf and I have the amazing KT and Lorna to thank for that.)

When I found out it was going to be an acoustic show, I practically did back flips. As David said in the introduction to the Delta Fair show, it really felt like being gathered round the fire at a homey sing-along… except the singer was David Archuleta and the fire was inside as he wrung every ounce of emotion out of note after note.

I had resigned myself to never hearing My Hands live again, so when he started up those whoah-oo-ohs, I almost fainted. As much as I love the acappella chorus of MH with the band, his soul-wrenching acoustic version … Blew. Me. Away. When he belted that long note at the end, you could feel everyone holding their breath. Then when he finished, we erupted into a spontaneous roar.

The other highlight for me was watching the crowd of radio peeps and crew, and possibly members of the other bands playing that night, gathering in the wings as he sang 1000 Miles at the keyboard. They didn’t do that for any of the other performers and you could see them transfixed by his amazingness even though he was singing out to us in the audience.

The rapport and musical connection between David & Mike was so cool to see in York ... it's no wonder the songs they've written together are among my faves.

Although we were only there to see David, it was interesting to watch the bands that came before, in comparison. Beyond the music, I felt an invisible wall between us and them … they all held something back and were sort of hiding behind their stage personas, and their music, if that makes sense. It was almost as if they were a little afraid of us and that took their focus away from what their songs were about. They had all the right moves and some even had songs I liked, but the contrast with the open connection we feel with David on stage was palpable

After the show, we heard about David’s songs being leaked early and I sincerely hoped it was an intentional move by the label and not dastardly pirates. I wasn’t strong enough to resist playing some of them, however, and listening for the first time together with Refnaf, KT and Lorna is an experience I’ll never forget. So very cool.

I liked everything I heard but the ones that grabbed me the most and haven’t let go were Stomping the Roses, My Kind of Perfect and TOSOD. (Altho’ Elevator’s still my ever-lovin’ fave of the moment!)

When David performed My Kind of Perfect in New Albany yesterday, I couldn’t hold back the tears. It’s like he’s holding his heart out in his hands for all to see. Breathtakingly beautiful. I truly believe that it could be an amazing single at some point. “Introducing David Archuleta”? It practically takes you on a tour of his aorta.

I can’t began to explain the thrill of seeing ArchuStompin’ the Roses live and also TOSOD … here’s what beebee said on the last thread, and she got it exactly right!

“Gotta check this out. TOSOD is so cool and he really scratches some this-is-me itches in this one… lots of places to just do his thang. And all of these songs are gonna just ripen and mature with more mileage. MANNN.

“ANNNND… ANNNNNNNNNNND… a bonus: at 1:16 he *skippety*skip*skips* hehe… Love it!”

I noticed that skippety-skip too, and I can’t wait till he gets these new songs under his belt and starts letting loose those ArchuMoves.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to spend time with so many truly lovely people aka David fans. And to see David perform some of the new songs live for the first time was beyond amazing … all I kept thinking was: “I just want to steal this moment right away from time.”

P.S. Here’s an mp3 “for personal use only!” of the entire NA Classic concert from the lovely starrynites01 … download HERE.

My Kind of Perfect (credit: vivalaglambert)

Stomping the Roses (thanks, Joner!)

TOSOD (with one of emilyluvsarchie’s amazing More Infos!)

More info: SCREAAAMSSSSS… “well now that we got the angry songs out of the way”…. (ALTNOY and STR) david deary …oh i dont even have words for that lol…”down down…” yessss sir!! omgomgomgomgomg yes!!yes yess yesity yess!! thank you thankyou thank you i was dying to hear this!! yesss!! “oh no oh no oh no” oh boy ur too adorable!! for reals davey stop it!!!! ahh the eyebrows!! watch the eyebrows!! seriously!! i love it! he loves soo smooth!! since when did our little “crusher” become such the charmer!? its not right! “i could give up?’ noo dont give up D!! (even tho you do look completely adorable when ur comtimplate giving up..with the little questioning hand motion and the eyebrow raise..just awwwz) “one foot infront of the other no no no nuthins gonna break my stride” aww this is soo catchy!! look at him break free from that mic stad! just look at that!! 🙂 awwww theres just too much amazingness for words right here!! excuse me david? mr. archuleta? sir? do u know what ur doing to ppl?? i beleive u dont!

This entry was posted in Concert recap and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to David Archuleta live: My kind of perfect

1. betsy says:

This.
    His intensely personal song that gutted me. I am still not right, nor do I ever expect to be.

It was so good to see you guys. What a fun weekend. (((HUGS)))
    Now I just need a few days off to relive the weekend and watch videos on a loop. I don’t care if Jeff Fenster is calling, lol.
    Or maybe I’ll just get dressed and go to work. 🙂

wish I’d have been able to have been there

AOLMusic streaming TOSOD

I so wish you could’ve been there too, awestruck!

Thanks for the link! I made a special streaming widget for AOL and a big Happy 21st Birthday to abanana77!!!

I won’t be able to stream the album till tonight. *dying*

{{{{{TOfan}}}}}

You are too much! I have a ridiculously huge dorky grin on my face and I haven’t even listened to any of the songs yet!!! 😀

I need to go now – I will be listening to TOSOD within the hour! Ahhhhhhhh!

PS Guess who I share a birthday with? Google! They changed their symbol to a birthday cake (totally just for me 😛 Hahahaha)

PPS forgot to say that your trip sounds like it was amazing, TOfan (and refnaf, and whoever else was there)! After I listen to the album (if I’m still alive) I can watch those videos! Ahhhhhhhh

• awestruck says:

Happy, Happy 21st abanana, this is a milestone birthday for you. Ahh, to be that young again…

5. djafan says:

Ayayayay Tofan!!

Loved reading your recap from start to finish, I felt your feelings, David just rips into our souls and takes hold. I’m so blessed to have so many David fans in my life that get him.

TOOOOFFAAAAAAANNN: Throw me a life preserver as I’m stuck circulating around in that aortic arch…on 2nd thought nev-ah mind….bahahahaha.

Great recap. I am so happy for you.

P.S. Did you see KT’s eye of hurricane for the long note in MH? 😀

P.S.S. Did you see who signed as David’s management? WEG!!!! High five my dear prophetess.

Happy Birthday abanana!

9. Angelica says:

Ah, TOfan..just love this. I have seen that distance from the stage contract to a heartbeat when David takes the stage after anyone else. There is no one else who connects like he does because no one else is brave enough to be that authentic and egoless. So happy you and everyone there were able to make that sweet connection again with each other and of course, with David. ((hug))

10. YJfandfdavid says:

Sorry I missed out on seeing you guys after the concert. We all kind of walked around in a daze after he sang his last note and I didn’t have the presence of mind to find you before you headed back north. Glad to know you all got home safely.

When he sang MKOP, “it’s like he’s holding his heart out in his hands for all to see.” What a beautiful metaphor. It was a privilege to have shared that magic communal experience with all who attended!

11. jackryan4DA says:

happy bday abanana!

may I re-post my last entry from the prev thread & offer it as a bday gift?

LYRICS to the 12 trax, as I heard them

OK I am seriously a ball of ooze on the floor right now. I have listened to it now twice (once with lyrics, once without) and I do not even know what to say. My Kind of Perfect completely blew me away. Every single dong was so different but I loved them all. Ack.

I am just so happy I turned on American Idol 3 years ago and discovered this beautiful young man. ❤ He's seriously brought so much joy to my life, it's unreal. Sorry, I am being dramatic and cheesy, but I can't help it right now.

TOfan, so happy for you and Refnaf (and others) who were there to witness David unfold his magic! What an experience.
    And this “It’s like he’s holding his heart out in his hands for all to see. Breathtakingly beautiful. ”
    Love that and yes, oh yes….My Kind Of Perfect is all of that. It’s like he’s opened the book to his heart and let us read a few chapters. I love that song with a passion. Love the others too and TOSOD is one that I adore!
    So proud of David with this album. Like you say, about the connection, well it is just so strong, there is just no denying it.
    The videos are wonderful, had to watch several times. Can only imagine what it must been like to be there! Thanks for your wonderful recap.
    For this old fan, I couldn’t have asked for a better array of music to enjoy from David, he seems to connect with all of us, any age…how does he do that, guess is it just his brilliance and his open heart.
    abanana….A very Happy Birthday! It was quite some time ago when I was your age but I do remember, ha. Enjoy your day and David’s music!

abanana….we all get dramatic and ‘cheesy’ no matter who we are or what age we are. David just has that effect, isn’t he just wonderful and beautiful?

15. beebee says:

{{{{TOfan}}}} 🙂 🙂

” It practically takes you on a tour of his aorta.”

i love you to itty bitty bits. jsyk. ❤

Half way through the streamng with the lyrics (JR I love you)….. and I reallly and truly can’t express how much i love this cd and this David.
    The weekend has done me in…. I will be back but for now I am a mess….

TOfan >”It practically takes you on a tour of his aorta.” Omgosh… you are my fave word smith!!

((((((((((awestruck))))))))))))))
    ((((((((((((((((ditto to your last post)))))))))))))))))

Happy Birthday Abanana!!! What a gift you got 🙂

REFNAF- maybe you should lend ABANANA your avi for a bit!

thanks for the hugs ref…

18. silverfox says:

TOfan, I could not stop listening to David’s “My Hands” in York PA. WOW! And he was not feeling 100%..Amazing! And you & refnaf were there! So happy (& jealous) you witnessed the magic. We all know the magic David creates on stage. His amazing ability to make a good song sound great & a great song sound so unbelievably sublime live on stage. So I think we need to get our affairs in order before David’s TOSOD tour cuz we may not live thu it. 😀

I have been ***GODSMACKED*** from the top of my head to the tips of my toes! Chills, thrills, smiles, tears, every good emotion I’ve ever felt I’m feeling now listening to TOSOD!

So much for my resolution to attend one, maybe two concerts closest to home for David’s next solo tour. Can’t wait!

Thanks again to everyone who wished me a happy birthday <33333 You guys are the best!

{{{abanana}}}

SF, not sure if you meant to put “Godsmacked” instead of “gobsmacked” but I like it!!!!! LOL

okay guys, while streaming TOSOD on AOL for, ahem, a while, I spotted a link for lyrics & when I clicked on it, the page that popped up had a list of David’s songs (some of which never made it to the album but we’ve at least heard of the titles.

Then I saw they had lyrics for something called “Domino”???? Has anyone heard anything about that one????

Haha, “Godsmacked” I like that too.

TOfan,
    I have heard of a song called Domino but only from comments I have read on various sites over the last couple of years. From what I know, I believe it was one of the many songs that didn’t make David’s first album. If I am wrong, if anyone knows differently, they can correct me.

Must be dozens of songs in limbo from David’s first album and now from his sophomore album. Seems a shame. I would love to hear them all. I think David should add an unreleased song to each concert he does and that way, maybe we would get to hear each one, eventually. Then, we would have videos from David’s great fans and then MP3s and voila, we may get all of David’s songs that way. Well, maybe not feasible but kind of on my wish list anyway.
    I’m still immersed in David’s new songs, don’t think that will ever wear off.

22. KT says:

ToFan and Refnaf

I had such a great time with you and Lorna. What a way to kick off the concert season. It is the concert season isn’t it? There are more concerts aren’t there?!

“trying to “recalculate” (to quote the GPS lady) to real life” Laugh out loud funny and so true! She did her fair share of recalculating! I will blame that on David…lol!

“but the contrast with the open connection we feel with David on stage was palpable” EXACTLY how I felt. I noticed at times myself being very bored.

“I wasn’t strong enough to resist playing some of them, however, and listening for the first time together with Refnaf, KT and Lorna is an experience I’ll never forget. So very cool.”

Ah ha ha! Well now we asked you to be certain that you wanted to listen. To be sure there was no arm twisting. But I’m SOOO glad you said yes because the reality is how many chances are there to listen to brand new David music with people who totally and completely get it? Sitting in the hotel room at 2:00 in the morning with Ref’s laptop, new David music and REALLY cool people…it simple doesn’t get any better.

23. jackryan4DA says:

OK I made a PDF version of the lyric sheet cos some archies cannot open the doc file

Just to clarify, this is not the official lyric sheet 🙂

I just realized, they will be launching this w/o a hit song… I hope the whole album will be received with more than average response.

For sure on TV he will sing SBL… I hope he gets to sing one of the slower-tempo like FS or MKOP cos the full beauty of his voice is really showcased in these pieces

But don;t get me wrong – I like STR too and my fave of all the trax is WIA. But GP is heart rending, an ode to his fans or at least that’s how it gets me. Complain is so David. TOSOD is to die for. PANDA – the strings! that was a lovely surprised

O *&^%$#@)(*&^%$## – am getting a headache (a good one actually – if that is even possible, LOL) with this album. I think you would have to kill me if I am asked to choose one!

JR, LOLing at you bouncing from one song to the next … I’ve been doing the same thing. Just when I’ve sort of picked my faves I remember a few more and before I know it, I’ve listed every song on the album! 😆

24. rose says:

What a fantastic album. Its all great, but I already have a favorite, GOOD PLACE. I’m still in tears. Also love MY KIND OF PERFECT. And actually, I liked the whole thing. This is truly outstanding. Bravo, David.

25. jackryan4DA says:

TOSOD is also streaming here:

And they have a small poll at the end of the album, you might want to put in your votes.

jackryan4DA,
    Hey, thanks for the info above! TOSOS is getting streamed at several places now.

Look at this: Live Online Chat with David @ Z100!

RT @Z100dotcom: New on #Z100 – David Archuleta Online Chat: Chat live with David on Tuesday, October 5 at 4pm EDT. Ask him questio… http://bit.ly/apzoYS

Darn, I will be at work, hmm. You can go to the site and leave questions in advance if you want.
    (Yeah…he’ll probably get hundreds of those) haha.

Just realized I can’t spell TOSOD. Must have been thinking of “the other side of stupified” (which I am somewhat these days, in my somewhat awe stricken state). 🙂

There was a comment I was reading somewhere – use good quality earphones to listen to the streaming as they pick up many subtlties that your computer speakers may not. So true, as JR pointed out PANDA has some wonderful strings!

This comment too:

“Tom: “I love Look Around too. Very catchy tune and the chorus is hard to sit still through, makes you move! The sound in the beginning of the song is just a sampled note. Probably something like a snare drum hit or maracas where they speed up the sound. It’s an effect and it fits perfectly. The other intro instrument sounds like maybe an electronic marimba. Whatever it is, it is really a great sound. There are so many great songs I don’t have a favorite yet, but look around, complain, STR, TOSOD, who I am, MKOP, GP,FS are right up ther, ha!”

This blog has picked up a couple of David’s songs now…

JR – from the last post… your comment about MJ’s album review ” –> “something u can’t put on paper” or on screen but my smile is truly a mile wide” Me too as MJ took a while to ’embrace’ David after AI. So, I love to read this from her.

31. Bluebird19 says:

Hey TOfan,
    Great post! I liked your description of the “bands that came before” because I’ve seen a couple of them also and they do sing well & are pretty good, but, they don’t have the song lyrics that have meaning for me and don’t have that emotional connection, so I can appreciate what you said.
    Peppertara: I agree…I would love to hear some of those unreleased songs at a concert. Who knows maybe some of them will make it on another album–maybe they just didn’t fit with the theme of this one, but will fit right in on another David Archuleta cd.
    As for TOSOD…There is not one single song on there that I don’t like. That is such a rarity; usually I’ll buy a cd if it has at least six songs I like–my break even point so to say. This is such a STRONG second cd for David–BRAVO!!! K–I’m rambling now, so I’ll just say Have a Great Day!

32. embe says:

I’ve tried so hard to form my feelings about TOSOD into words, but have accomplished nothing that would do justice to David and this masterpiece he has created at the age of nineteen.

The melancholic songs take my mind to scenarios of rain, deserts, lonely nights under the starry sky, a flickering candle light… but when I listen to the more joyful songs, THAT’S when I feel my eyes tingling with sudden tears.

I can almost touch his face, caress the dimples that form when he’s smiling widely, being so excited and proud and happy to open his heart and mind to his fans and to others who perhaps don’t understand, but soon will. I feel David the way I feel my own fingertips typing this right now. He’s so real to me through these songs, and the thought of having someone like him in this world makes me want to cry with joy.

Bluebird19, ramble away! LOL I know exactly what you mean!

peppertara, thanks for that info! I’m soooooo excited that David will be doing something on Z100 the day his album drops! Partly because they’re such a flagship station in a key market but also because it brings back those ecstatic memories of watching David’s dream come true before our very eyes when he first heard Crush air there. *sniff*

JR, not having a hit single out when the album is released does seem strange … it will be so interesting to see what he chooses to sing on Regis & Kelly. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Elevator or TOSOD … for me personally, they’re both stronger than SBL & a better representation of the album as a whole. But that’s just me. 🙂

Newsflash! Awesome interview!

Interview: David Archuleta’s ‘Down’ with new album, plots Spanish-language album:

Love that he talks about being more involved in the production next time, for as much as I’m thrilled with all the songs on TOSOD, the production of a couple I found a little jarring/out of sync with the rest (namely SBL and PANDA). & Spanish album plotting? *flails*

• Kizzi says:

OMFG – this —–> “….2008 AI runner-up sees himself running his own show from behind the decks on a follow-up…..After this, I want to make every song my own.”

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Hel-looooooo new music. Yeesssss! *fist pump* *high five*

hahahaha, I know, LOVED hearing that! (not surprised tho’, of course 🙂 )

• emmegirl says:

kizzi, you took the Weeeeeeeee! right out of my mouth.

Can’t hardly stand the thought of this, it’s almost too much… and don’t even talk about the confidence, and courage it takes to even be entertaining this idea, puleeease, are you kidding me? He slays me.

{{{embe}}} This:

“Why? Because I FEEL David in them. I feel the pen scratching the paper, writing words like “things are gonna get better”, “paint it over if your world is grey” or “nothing’s gonna break my stride”. I feel David driving home from the studio, feeling so happy to have succesfully put his vulnerable soul out on display, feeling like he left his diary open accidentally on purpose so someone would read it, and learn from it or relate to it.”

Part 4 of album preview up at http://www.davidarchuleta.com … dang, can’t watch till I get home. 😦

So happy Jim Cantiello is on Team Elevator! Woooot!

Update:
    Here’s the YouTube version!

aww, David:

“David Archuleta gets rattled by fans’ response to new music” — Idol Chatter interview:

Embe….have to say that your words about David’s album were so beautiful! So lovely and eloquently expressed.

Aw, feel kind of bad that David is feeling uncomfortable with fans hearing his masterful work of art a week early. I imagine it is because he doesn’t get to share the joy and excitement of his “babies” that he worked so long and so hard on, with everyone as they are debuted. Oct. 5th will still be an epic day because that is when it is released to the world! I’m sure all his fans will still be sharing their excitement on Oct. 5th, we won’t let him down on that.
    Now I want to give him a hug again.

Love that interview with hitfix. David running his own show…yes!….I honestly believe he can do anything he really wants to do. I put no limits on David’s capabilities, insight and brilliance. A Spanish album is such a heavenly thought!

Oh how I love David’s explanation of the meaning behind the songs, part 4 was wonderfully sweet and again….from his heart. Awww.

Love jambajim loving Elevator too! His tweets make me laugh, like this one:
    @vickiilori1 Truth! I don’t want David to sing about sex either. Thankfully “U Want Me To Do What to Your What?!” didn’t make the album. :p (in reply to: love all those hang in there songs, need them now. I would rather hear than songs talking about artists sex lives or exploits.)

This is a great review of the album to read. Love what they said about GP and MKOP, lovely. Seems most of the reviews thus far are rating the album about 8 out of 10, which, these days in the music world is pretty darn good. (of course I know we would all give it a 10).

Sorry for all my rambling today (had the day off). lol.

Rambling a little more here.
    Check out Eman’s bubbletweet…song sample of the bonus track for the Japanese edition. Sounds great!

41. stenocruiser says:

embe — Oh my, I couldn’t get a single laugh out of your post this time, only tears in appreciation of your heartfelt thoughts and eloquent words. How I hope David somehow gets to see all the wonderful things that are being said about his album by you and everyone. He is so special.

peppertara, nice review! And I wonder why there’s always a bonus track for Japan? Interesting. Hey, more songs FTW!!!

Love David’s interview with AInow:

Fave bits:
    AINow: Are you planning to make a video for “Elevator”?
    David: I sure would like to. I think it’s a song that needs a video. I’m actually trying to figure that out right now. When will be the best time to do it and just kind of the concept of it. Yeah, I’m excited to make a video for it. We’ll see what happens.

*squeeeeeee*

AINow: What was the most challenging thing you encountered while working on this album?
    David: The most challenging thing might have been having the courage to know what I wanted to say…
    I felt like the best way to keep that in check was to make the album about me. It’s like I may not know a lot, but no one knows more about me that I do. You know?

Sounds like he slammed those big man hands on the meeting room table and did things his way after all. 🙂 🙂

• Kizzi says:

I just read the ainow interview and I was coming here to see if you knew your dream song “Elevator” was going to be a video – 😀

And the other, “stick up for and stand my ground” – yes, yes and yeessssssss.

Now I have to go send Brian Mansfields thesaurus and urban dictionary links so he can look up “freaks me out” for accurate synonyms for article titles. j/k 😀 hahaha

• Kizzi says:

also, this from ainow

“…I just feel like what I needed to do this time was make it so that people could relate to me and to the music. I wanted to say, ‘hey, I’m a normal person.’ I’ve been able to do what I’ve wanted to do but I’m still growing. I wanted to show people that I’m not this perfect superhuman and I’m not this super cool super hunk. I just wanted to show people I’m not the coolest person out there…”

Celebrity = superhuman thing has gotta be hard. But when his music moves one, I think it’s pretty dad’gum easy on the fan side to make superhuman attributions. Now the “super hunk” he’s just gonna haveta live with. lolz

LOL, Kizzi.

And “There is not a lot about me to be into” … David, David, David, puh-leese!!!!!

I know everyone keeps describing him as humble, but that just doesn’t cut it anymore. He’s beyond humble … he’s a superhuman supercool superhumble superhunk.

🙂

• Kizzi says:

“…he’s a superhuman supercool superhumble superhunk.”

Could you “supersize that” please?

oh my heck, I missed this because I wasn’t watching spoilers … talk about superhuman supercool superrockstar… devastating….

• emmegirl says:

Tofan, loved your article. Was so excited when I heard you guys just kinda stumbled into a David concert, lol… some people have all the luck!

Anyone know postage rates on a CD from Japan.

Oh, that FS video is extremely, exceptionally lovely.
    Just gorgeous, oh my. One of the reviewers said they could here this song in a movie, yes…and many other places. Love that they are calling David Superstar everywhere, he is super everything and then some.
    Loved the ainow interview! Aw, feel so proud of David (on a daily basis) standing his ground. He is a force (of good) to be reckoned with.
    Elevator video? Whoa….would so love that! Think David will make it happen if he wants it to, ha.
    Think you said it well Tofan:
    “he’s a superhuman supercool superhumble superhunk.”
    Yes, absolutely and he’s definitely the coolest guy in my book. Maybe David hasn’t heard that he IS
    the “new cool” or maybe it should be the “new super cool”. 🙂

45. jackryan4DA says:

Excuse me for being anal but I made an adjustment in one word w/ Complain so I updated the lyric sheet – why I bother – I dunno LOL

PDF version – http://www.mediafire.com/?4g68hp1p5a9b2ob
    DOC version – http://www.mediafire.com/?92rvja9gb09wrnb

• awestruck says:

JR, my dear – I would think that you are not the only one exhibits some form of anality (is this a word?) around here, LOL

• embe says:

Am I the only one childish enough to snort everytime I see that word even though I know it has multiple meanings……? Probably yes.

“WHO exhibits”

‘kay, so why does My Kind of Perfect have me bawling like a baby? How does he DO this to me? Consistantly… I think I am ‘recovered’ enough to just be able to sit and listen and enjoy a song and WHAM???

emmiegirl – don’t know if you have seen this (from Snarky’s):

Japanese TOSOD ordering info
    Naree was kind enough to send me the link of the service she used for ordering the Japanese version of TOSOD which includes a different bonus track than the US version. I checked this morning and the cost is about $42 with shipping to a US address, about $17 less than ordering from Amazon.

Go here to order.

Be sure to click “overseas” when registering your address to bring up US options.

Gushing…. I AM EXPLODING WITH JOY that this cd is exactly what David wanted to do right now and that it is EXACTLY what I want to hear from him. Janey said it well on twitter, My favorite song from TOSOD, is whatever is playing at the moment. I have a hard time believing that I have loved every single song immediately, and some are going to grow to become a part of me, (not sure which ones yet)
    That AInow interview sealed the deal finally and forever for me> i will not worry or stress about this young man’s career EVER AGAIN!
    I am just too proud and happy for David!*squishes*

“I just felt like I wanted to sing about something I believed in and something I can back up. When people say, ‘no you can’t do that, you have to do it this way. this is the way you have to do it.’ It’s like well…it’s up to me what I want to say with my music and the kind of artist I want to be.
    So when people argue and say ‘that’s not the right way. That’s not how you’re supposed to do it,” it’s like well actually yes it is because that’s who I am. That is something I was able to stick up for and stand my ground. No one else can tell me who I am.”
    Bravo David!!!!

What is the best way to tell him how much he means to us???? I need to know that he knows….

• awestruck says:

refnaf THAT is the million $ question. One I’ve been thinking about almost from day one. “I need to know that he knows…” oh. yeah.

{{{Ref}}}

oh, he knows. His vlogs, his little album preview videos, those videos answering phone messages, the stuff on his website recently that only die-hard fans would really enjoy … tell me he KNOWS!!!!

And even when he questions why because “There is not a lot about me to be into” *facepalm* I think he still gets how much his music means to us, if only because he knows how much it means to him … and one thing he seems to be confident about is his ability to share those feelings through his music.

Someone on the weekend (maybe it was you, lol) was talking about standing near the front at a performance and glancing back and seeing a sea of mesmerized faces with the same expression — a gaze of love, as they watched David sing … that’s what he must see each time he performs, which makes me very happy. 🙂

50. embe says:

So photos of the fan edition have been posted on ArchieRX. I won’t spoil anything for anyone, but I have a few comments about that.

1) David says he doesn’t like to lie. And THAT is the biggest lie of all. He says “I’m not this hunk” – well, hate to break this to ya buddy but yeah, you are, he says “I’m not the most athletic person” – another lie. If one can stand on his hands, not to mention WALK, if one can jump like a freakin’ reborn Jackie Chan, if one can dangle upside down and do ALL THAT while smiling for the camera (and have very visible pecs, back-, thigh- and butt muscles)… then one IS very athletic.

2) Remember that twitpic of David sitting infront of a mirror, looking fiercely serious, wearing a see-through shirt? Well, that’s probably the last thing you will remember before passing out after seeing the version that made it into the cd-booklet.

3) How can anyone look so darn cute just sitting on a sofa looking confused? Well, my dogs do, but no human should. G-A-H.

51. YJfanofdavid says:

Embe, Your commentary on the photos are hilarious. “I am not this hunk.” “I am not the most athletic person.” But remember he also says, “I am not a very good liar” lol.

New post/thread!