Acoustic Archuleta: Disco with the flow

IrishJustin sent me this amazing iPod artwork he created for fans to download! Thanks, J.!

Try to guess the most-played song on my iPod.

Nope, not My Hands. No, not Contigo. Not even Crazy.

It’s David Archuleta’s Good Day Utah performance of “Waiting On the World to Change,” with Dean Kaelin on guitar. The way David sings that song just takes me places. I can’t even really describe it. Once he gets going, it’s like I’m not even listening to anything, just feeling … swimming in it.

I get that feeling again with these recent acoustic performances. Crazy is intense, TMH is hauntingly beautiful (who knew?), and then SBL and Crush in the Lexington studio (see below) absolutely pushed me over the edge. I happened to tune in to the radio broadcast in time for both songs and the purity and texture and maple syrup smooth sweetness was almost more than I could bear.

If you’re wondering why I haven’t mentioned Elevator, it’s because I’ve saved it for last. I am so in love with that song, I want to walk down the aisle with it. Yes, he has yet to nail the vocals.Β Which usually I would care about. But. I. Don’t. Weird, huh? [Edit: He did nail ’em, right here!]

Unlike NAVGL and Parachutes & Airplanes and SBL, which all had to grow on me… I was smitten with Elevator practically from the time I pushed that play button.

There’s something about the story it tells, the magic of the melody, and the thrill of not knowing where it’s taking me next.*

Where’s his voice going? What does it all mean? And I have to keep going back for more, to look for answers, ask more questions, sing along.

But there’s another layer that, try as hard as I might, I am at a loss to explain. It’s a feeling that bubbles up inside each time I hear it. It’s a tingling that starts somewhere near my aorta and radiates outward. A joyful, cartwheel feeling that leaves me lightheaded and smiling.

Acoustic David FTW!!!

So what do you guys think? Which is your favourite live performance so far? Are you on Team Elevator yet?

Elevator WNCI 97.9FM (via JR4DA), Ohio

Crush acoustic, Lexington, KY

SBL acoustic, Lexington, KY

*P.S. I added the Louisville Bash highlight reel to the “Must See” sidebar … and I added up David’s screen time and they were clearly taken with him because his segments make up about half of the whole vid (including a full minute of the camera following only him as he runs on stage to join We The Kings, leaps like a wild man, then runs off). As awestruck says, “another one bites the dust.” πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Music review and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

157 Responses to Acoustic Archuleta: Disco with the flow

1. TrudyFOD says:

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Elevator!!!! I’m definitely “thumbs up” on this one! This is just “so David” My foot & leg started moving to the beat after the first line of the song. It’s a winner for me and makes me even more anxious to hear what else is on the SUPER PLATINUM album to be. David continues to “rock my world.”

2. betsy says:

Crazy. I am still insane for it.
    It’s like this:
    There were many gems last summer at the vip’s that we will never hear. Because of the no recording rule, they live only in our memories. He sang this about 8 feet in front of me last August, and I replay it in my mind. Now I get to hear it again.
    I found myself singing Elevator at work. It’s in my head now.

3. janey says:

TOfan, Crazy with Dean has been my hands down fav since the day I heard it too. Nor sure it’s going to give up the top stop soon, not until Oct. 5th anyway:))

4. janey says:

LOL, i meant WOTWTC, haha.

Betsy,
    I was so hoping to hear Crazy when I went to the Hershey VIP… and David even said “I’m going to sing Heaven & Crazy” but then a group of girls beside us yelled “NO!!!” (they’d been to other VIPs), so he didn’t. 😦 😦 😦 I love that he’s performing it now … maybe I’ll still get to hear it live someday.

And everybody, please feel free to download the amazing “Live Performances” artwork IrishJustin created (see top of post) for your iPod viewing pleasure! Thank you, Justin!!! πŸ™‚

6. irishjustin says:

oh wow you posted my artwork!!!!!
    my favourite live performance, ahh it’s so hard to pick just one, I absolutely loved Parachutes & Airplanes the first time I heard it, of course I love Elevator. Then I thought Fields of Gold and Prayer for the Children and Be Still, My Soul were all incredible because of how David brought the emotion out of them the way only he can, especially in Be Still My Soul. So I guess that’s a few more than one, but you’d never ask a parent to choose their favourite child would you??

So… I JUST watched the acoustic crush (I know, I am behind) and I have to say it blew me away. Crush has never ever been one of my favs live, but this version was different somehow. I don’t even know why but I love love loved it!

And I have to say I am a crazy lover also. That one just kills me. I still have a huge desire to break into some American idol studio somewhere and steal the unreleased crazy audition footage. Hahaha

Acoustic David… Crazy from Good Day Utah and Desparate would be my most played. Crush surprised me and I adore it (Mike’s ‘guitar’ stylings were way cool). S’BL, imo, needs the backing for building the song in the right places, though I still enjoyed David’s vocals on it.

I’m with Justin and Parachutes and Airplanes, love that one. And, no “you’d never NEVER ask a parent to choose their favourite child would you??” LOL

Oh yeah, abanana – I would LOVE to hear the audition version of Crazy including all the judges comments.

Parts of Elevator are starting to stick “elevator goes up, elevator comes down” and though it is not my favorite, I’m liking it more with each infrequent listen.

Justin – thank you for the artwork, I now have to figure out how ot attach it to my playlist as the album artwork on my ipod, lol.

• irishjustin says:

thanks, im glad you like it, it’s actually really easy to attach artwork and practically no one i know has any clue how to do it, all you have to do is right click on the song(s) and go to Get Info, just like when you’re going to change the details of the song, and then on the tabs at the top of the info window that opens, there’s a tab called Artwork, just click on that, and then you can copy and paste the artwork into the box πŸ™‚ hope you can understand all that, im not very good at explaining things :/

The most recent version of acoustic Crazy will probable soon over take the Good Day Utah version…

MJ’s posted this Louisville video which has Kris Allen’s intro. Great video. Love the screams for David and how did I miss that ending?

That Crazy and the VIP Crazy are right up there for me. Something bout him and that song! And this last acoustic Crush has wiggled it’s way right up there.

TOfan & Betsy, woke up at 3:00am this morning with Elevator running through my head, and it would not stop! lol.

It’s so cleverly written – at first listen it sounds like a fun song about an elevator ride, stomach butterflies and all… and then after a few more times, it begins to reveal itself…

pick a floor – sometimes you make the right choice, sometimes you don’t, (next time I’ll get it right, next time I’ll be okay); you never know what to expect when that door opens; an endless ride – you go with the flow through the ups and downs, sometimes it takes awhile to get your feet back on the ground, find your bearings – but that butterfly feeling you get when it is good that keeps you feeling alive. And in spite of the downs, you’re gonna get back and high (Ill have a different dream tonight, tomorrow’s another day.)
    Idk, just my take on it.

And I just love the whole vibe… cool and hip and laidback. He already is sculpting and shaping it into his masterpiece (and I bet the studio version is killer!)

One more quick thing, I actually like the rehearsal performance best. Maybe because he is a little more relaxed and it seems to just flow reaaally nicely.

It sure doesn’t take him long to really get the vocals down on a song, this is like the 4 of 5 th time? signing Elevator live.

For you TOfan, trudyFOD, betsy

middle of the screen and click on whichever song you want to listen to…

14. jackryan4DA says:

Here are the YT versions of David’s performance at WNCI 97.9fm, esp for international fans who may have problem accessing the:

SBL

ELEVATOR

CRUSH

David, david… you are too much…

15. jackryan4DA says:

EMMIEGIRL – this lune in Elevator always gets me
    “…next time I’ll be okay…”

Like my heart is pinched or something.. haha am being corny again

16. embe says:

I like the latest Elevator performance. The vocals are pure, David’s vibrato is more audible, which is THE thing for me ❀ And the hand movements… Oh my LOL ❀

BTW. This is really OT… As I'm not familiar with iPod, what is it exactly? Is it a player? 'Cause I've understood you can also download photos and videos on it… and I'm kinda jealous of you all, since it seems like you can keep EVERYTHING David there, all in one place and enjoy it whenever you like. iPod is not really a huge deal in Finland, but if it's not too expensive, it'd be so nice to get one.

It’s just like your mp3 player. Does that make sense?

• awestruck says:

It’s the Apple version of an mp3 I think

• embe says:

My mp3 player is probably the cheapest one there is… there’s just a small, narrow digital screen, where it shows the song titles and libraries.. and I don’t even remember how to put music on it 😦 I fail.

• refnaf says:

I call my ipod a dpod cause all my David stuff is on it… and I go to sleep listening to it… it is worthwhile to get one!! πŸ™‚

emme, love your interpretation … when I read the words out loud (as per Janey’s suggestion), it floored me because the whole elevator metaphor expanded for me into the meaning of life … this earth & heaven… big picture stuff he may not have written about consciously but, like all great artists, those deeper meanings have a way of percolating through.

awestruck & JR, oh my heck, thank you!!!! I am exploding from happiness here over that Elevator … he DID IT, he NAILED the vocals, and his whole delivery, gahhhhhh, I can’t even………….. *dies*

A picture from the Good Day New York set … love the disco-with-the-flow hair!!

good day new york

Oooooh awestruck – I did not even think of desperate. I seriously LOVED that performance!

And embe – there are different types of ipods. Some only have music on them. I have an ipod touch – where you can have videos, pictures, music and internet in wifi locations. I have every youtube video I have ever favourited on there so it is quite helpful with the obsession. Hahahaha

Also I would like to say I caved and listened to elevator (the newest one). And AH! I love it. Ahhhh spazzing. ahhhhhh. Hahahahaha

• awestruck says:

it’s ok to be weak sometime, LOLOLOL

hahaha, *high-five* … I was going to tell you if you caved & watched just one, to watch that one! LOL If it makes you feel any better, I’d bet a million bucks that he’s singing this at these radio visits ‘cuz it’s going to be the next single *hopes* (so not really an album spoiler! πŸ™‚ )

• refnaf says:

ditto to what awestruck says> this is a good weak

Cutest pic ever (from DA.com via @AnnieDAFG):

cutepic

• embe says:

People are saying David’s “listening” to her belly. I thought it looked like it, but then again, isn’t that sort of an “intimate” gesture to do to a stranger? Or am I weird? Oh don’t answer that. But anyway.

If he is actually trying to hear the baby…. he kills me. It’s just… like… I mean… well you know. I may be totally out of order, but there’s nothing hotter than a guy with babies or with pregnant women. That is all.

How many 19 year-old guys would do that? Huh?

Had to share this tweet from @Jonerz:

Yeah, that baby was prob like, “Get me outta here by Oct. 5, we’ve gotta get this guy’s album!” LOL

πŸ˜†

21. silverfox says:

Ah yes, David’s “ELEVATOR” kinda brings back memories of a time when I had butterflies for days after a particular 45 second elevator ride on 12/18/2008 in Atlanta at about 9 AM CST…I had “forgotten” all about it! πŸ˜‰

As for my favorite live performance, it hard to choose, but Desperate in Rockford is way up there, and most of his reverent & so very beautiful renditions of his CFTH on his tour last winter. Then there’s “Crazy”. It’s crazy how he makes it better every time he sings it!

That photo of David “listening to the baby in the belly”…so funny! He so goofy!

Team Elevator FTW!!!
    TOfan, how can I choose my fave?? Not possible cause it changes with my mood and needs…I adore acoustic Angels and Crazy… (I share your dissappointment at not hearing it in Hershey) and the Christmas stuff live was unreal. Of the new music> PANDA, IICOB, SBL and ELEVATOR, I think I like PANDA best, but I have not seen the new performance vids> nasty internet connection at my hotel here in Montreal…. is am very excited about the latest vids, if he nailed the Elevator vocals, then I will adore it.

• awestruck says:

“TOfan, how can I choose my fave?? Not possible cause it changes with my mood and needs…” double ditto!!!

This should be interesting … new contest on DA.com, sounds as though they want fans to take pictures of themselves re-creating the cover shot:

Alright David fans, now that you’ve seen the official cover for The Other Side of Down, we want you to create your OWN version of the cover. Grab some friends, re create the cover in a creative way (be very careful that you don’t fall off the chair), take a picture, and submit it right here on the site.

The best photo will win a signed copy of The Other Side of Down, so make sure to really go for it. We want to see how creative you all can be!

Rules for this contest are attached below, this contest starts right now and ends on September 9th.

24. Lorna says:

*waves to TOfan & refnaf*

My favorite performances are Prayer of the Children, Fields of Gold and when he does a flirty Barriers. But then I also love Crazy, BSMS, Christmas songs… oh heck, I love them all, don’t make me choose!

25. beebee says:

(Disco with the flow FTW! LOL)

omyheck, TOFan you KNOW I adore the foxutah Dean WOTWTC!

And I am 1000% with you re: ELEVATOR!! I adore it and I think WNCI is my fave performance of it so far… but I’m so spazzed out I can’t be sure. lolol Not much time to PROPERLY indulge lately.

All that said, I could NEVER say one song was a fave over another where David is concerned. Too much to love.

Emmegirl, LOVE your take on it all… and I feel “Crazy” is on a planet all its own.

Embe, omg that pic of David listening to the baby is gonna KIL ME… (lol, maybe he said or sang something to it and was waiting for a response… and maybe he heard a baby *thud!*…lol)

Love reading all these comments here. Okay, well I am still getting over “Disco with the flow” haha. That definitely would have changed the feel of the song, had David sung it that way, LOL!

I think I am just too filled with David’s acoustic songs to choose just one. I long for a David Acoustic double CD of all his gems!
    However, like Betsy I experienced something live that was so wonderful, it still resonates in my brain cells today. I think it even oozes from my pores at times, ha. The first song I ever heard David sing live was Heaven at a VIP and it truly was. Maybe it is because I was sitting a few feet away from him and could hear and feel every nuance, every part of his heart, his passion, his masterful angelic voice but I have never heard that song sung by David the way he sang it that day. Something I will always cherish and I do listen to that song (the one recorded in Utah I believe) often, on my MP3 player (don’t have an IPod but think I must get one) because it takes me back to that blissful experience that day.
    Must say though I love every acoustic song that David has ever done and Elevator is no exception.
    Yes, there seems to be rumors floating that it could be the next single, think I would truly love that. Wonder what the instrumentation will be like for that song on the album, hmm. The album, counting down the days now.:)
    Thanks for all the great info here, David is a busy guy these days, lots of promo, very good stuff!

David “head”lines on Comedy Central (with the crying girls from the Idol finale video):

(thanks, omygoshashley)

Oh my heck, that video from Comedy Central cracked me up, hahaha!
    I can’t believe the things they get David to do, what a sport. Just too funny! Lol.

The pic of him and the pregnant woman, just gonna say it… presh!

The Comedy Central bit, lol! Love all the publicity.

30. embe says:

Sings “I had a dream last night…” ’cause I really did. It was the weird of the weirdest I tell ya.

So David had this huge concert, the first one of his TOSOD tour. He opened it with a bang – he was wearing the outfit from the Idol finale (suit jacket, white shirt etc.). And he started singing some flirty song and OMG he DANCED. And he was GOOD. The crowd, Twitter, IDF, Snowangelz, EVERYONE went NUTS. And then a new picture of him emerged. He was at a lake, just jumping off the dock and into the water, and behind him were Daniel and Jeff. And oh boy. He.was.shirtless. And the effects of P90X were very evident. I’ll leave it at that. But anyway, the whole fanbase exploded totally. And I could’ve hit myself for waking up!!

embe, whoah, boy do you know how to paint a picture! I think you should consider writing fan fiction! Just sayin’!

πŸ˜‰

• embe says:

Oh TOfan…. if I wrote a fanfic it’d surely be very x-rated. I tend to be a hormonal monster sometimes, even when such a virginal angel as David is concerned. I’m horrible – I am aware of that.

But anyway. I really think his body actually looks like it did in my dream, cause it often shows through his clothes lol. I’m proud of him for keeping in such great shape – I’m soon an official gym instructor and I’m gonna look into this P90X thing!

• emmegirl says:

LOL! It is tough enough sometimes at my age to keep things in check. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for those closer to your age. I am both sympathetic and a little jealous! I really do envy the fans under 30, they have the gift of having David and his music their entire adult life!

Wow, amazing again on Good Day NY. He is a machine!

TOfan, did you see this David F tweet about Elevator?

@ArchiesAngel28 I don’t know about the live version
      but if u like the acoustic version u have no idea what’s comin πŸ™‚

*eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk*

emme, eeeeeeeek, is right? Did you see the tweet I posted below?

@davidfmusic Spoke to Mike yesterday and he was talking about them playing β€œElevator”. Oh u all have no idea how great the recorded version is!!!

31. jackryan4DA says:

Tosh feature – Bahahahahaha

I have the whole epi, am uploading it watch for it.

Too funny. Good thing I watched it at lunchtime Cos I guffawed, so embarrassing

32. jackryan4DA says:

Finally finished uploading the TOSH feature on David and the β€œpoor” Idol girls, but it is still processing but YT has already revealed the link, so here you go!

Good Day NY – David has not yet been on

ackkk, I missed the interview part of Good Day New York because my boss decided at that very moment to bring around a new employee to introduce to me.

I’m sure she now thinks I’m nuts (no comment) after the way I spazzed out closing my browser, ripped out my earphones and spun around in my chair to shake her hand.

Luckily I got back to it just in time for the song … oh my heck that ending was like buttah … I’ve posted the vid in the “Must See” sidebar on the right!

From @mikekmusic on Twitter:
    At Jive with @DavidArchie watching him sign a massive stack of autographs for the fan edition package.

• awestruck says:

His arm is going to fall off, lol

Good to see his gold album framed award on the wall behind him!

• embe says:

In that case I GET THE ARM!!
        I have the perfect space for it in my new house ❀ We're moving on Sunday. I'll post pics for you once we're done decorating.

I'm thinking of turning one of the rooms into a "David-disco". Eh? Imagine the walls covered with David-posters, the stereo playing David's songs non-stop and me dancing with a cardboard cut-out David ❀ Disco with the flow bay-bay!

hahaha, lemme know when it’s done, I’m comin’ over! πŸ˜†

• emmegirl says:

Par-tay!!!

35. jackryan4DA says:

@ Good ay NY

36. jackryan4DA says:

TOfan – just leveraging our time diff, remember?

πŸ™‚

So David “gained points” with Perez Hilton? Is that a good thing? πŸ˜† :

• emmegirl says:

lol! Well, it seems every time he shows something of David’s, David is seen by tens of thousands of people, so I guess I’m gonna say yeah, for now.

I think he tries to support David without being too obvious. Haven’t ever heard him say anything really negative about him, he basically just tries to create a little positive buzz for him.

• Kizzi says:

The TOSH Comedy Central is hysterical. What a sense of humor Mr. Archuleta has…hahahahahahahaha and major LOLOLOLOLs here.

“Its all your fault. You didn’t vote for me enough!” πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Btw, he did a great job “in the box” hahahahahahaha.
      from Archuleta Fan Scene

Photo credit: Not sure but Ally at Fan Scene thinks someone found it maybe at Fan Blasst

38. Stephanie says:

Hello Snowangelzz, this is Stephanie & Danielle. In case you haven’t heard, we’ve been working on a fundraiser for Rising Star Outreach to benefit the children of the leprosy colonies in India, with the purchase of books for their new school library. If you would like to join in helping this worthy cause, for $4 (includes shipping) you will also receive a beautiful β€œDavid Inspires Us” bumper sticker. We know David has many devoted Canadian fans, your full name & country will be included on David’s updated certificate that he will receive. To order: http://www.paypal.com to “send money” at DAbumperstickers@gmail.com Price is $4 US dollars. Click Purchase of Goods then Continue to next page w/payment info. & your complete mailing address. You will receive your order shortly thereafter. If any questions, email us at: DAbumperstickers@gmail.com
    Thank you for supporting this fundraiser!

emmegirl, true … the buzz it’s created is great … shows off his “dry wit” lol

kizzi, great collage! I still have yet to see the skit from the very beginning … didn’t get the line about being pregnant?

Stephanie, thanks for the info! I’ve donated to Rising Star Outreach & think your fundraiser is such a great idea!

Just saw this on Twitter From David’s bassist Dave Filice and am spazzzing, um, even more than usual! πŸ˜†

@davidfmusic Spoke to Mike yesterday and he was talking about them playing “Elevator”. Oh u all have no idea how great the recorded version is!!!

• Kizzi says:

The pregnant line at the end “You didn’t know he was pregnant, did you?” is strange. Anyone know what it references?

And I’ve been anticipating the recorded version of “Elevator” – will probably be the first song I listen to on Oct 5. David appears to me to really love that song from the way he references it and sings it. It is so wonderful to see him so happy with his 2nd album. 10 of 12 songs are his. WOWZA.

apparently it makes sense if you watch the skit from the beginning.

And if Elevator is the 2nd single, wonder when that might get released? hmmm

(Seems like Katy Perry, Bieber, Gaga et al. are releasing singles every other week! lol)

• Kizzi says:

I watched it from the beginning and didn’t get it. Guess I need to watch again…hmmmm…duh

• happy says:

kizzi- my “hearts” emoticon didn’t work below…poops. well…hearts for you.

PS.- final scene is paradoy of final scene from “Seven” and the head in the box is the severed head of the pregnant wife of the Brad Pitt character… ( I did web research because I love you . πŸ™‚ )

40. happy says:

kizzi-

• Kizzi says:

Happy – thank you sooooo much. I haven’t watched Seven…should I. Hugs and Hearts to you to my dear. πŸ˜€

geez, I saw Seven & I still didn’t get it! d’oh (Kizzi, no, don’t see it … very disturbing film, I probs missed the pregnancy part ‘cuz I covered my eyes through most of it!)

Happy to the rescue!!! πŸ˜†

loling at the tosh.o bit… love that David did this. Hope those girls did get to meet him!!! Good exposure me thinks.
    (((happy))) Thanks, i did not get the movie reference either, have not seen it> kinda gruesome?????

42. jackryan4DA says:

KIZZI – the “pregnant” comment in the skit refers to the movie Se7en starred by Gwyneth, Brad & Morgan Freeman. The last 2 worked as cops who were after a murderer, killing according to the punishments of the Seven Deadly Sins.

The skit recreated the final scene of the movie – remember a young Brad shouting at Morgan “What’s in the box?” Gwen, Brad’s wife in the movie was pregnant when she was murdered. Hence the pregnant comment.

• Kizzi says:

Thanks JR for the info. What a funny look at the screaming girls and voting. Just too too chuckle worthy.

Newsflash!

You can listen to David’s KC101.3 live chat (answering fan questions!) at 3:00 p.m. ET today here:

(& hey, KC101.3 peeps, Archuleta has one “t”! sheesh)

Updates!
    So David sang ALTNOY, Crush, SBL TMH and Elevator at the Providence brunch but not sure if there will be vids as no one was even tweeting from there, hmmm. 😦

Here’s a pic from 92ProFM (more HERE):

Providence Crush

And good news live from Six Flags, received this pic from djb/abrra & djb’s in the front row with her amazing video camera at the ready, go DJB!!!

djb pic

Breaking News!!!

KC101 is livestreaming the Six Flags concert HERE:

David’s supposed to be on from 4:45 to 5:05

πŸ™‚ Woot! πŸ™‚

Too adorbs: Providence Brunch twitpic from @omygoshashley (click to enlarge):

awww. david and a young fan at the WPRO brunch on Twitpic

• embe says:

That pic of the little girl jumping on David to hug him is actually from the ProFm “Crush” video, so if someone with skills could make a .gif from it, I’d really appreciate it ❀ David's reaction was funny.

• jackryan4DA says:

EMBE – admit it, you’d also like to do that. tooooooooooo.. I mean hug David, not jump on h!im πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ lol. Don’t worry my dear, you are not alone, If I get a chance to hug David — I think that’s exactly how I would be – a shrinking violet by his side – tee-hee.

I dunno if you have seen this image of David during the 6Flags’ concert. I dedicate it to you and call it – “pix-like-this-should-be-outlawed”

• embe86 says:

JR, I don’t know how I missed your comment before, sorry about that ❀

But I'm NOT sorry for calling you a HEARTLESS, EVIL LADY for making me look at that photo and totally corrupting my mind with dirty, dirty thoughts. You are horrible. Thank you for dedicating that picture to me.

Live chat vid:

92 PROfm video from the Providence brunch!!!

A new hotel, a new internet connection !!! woot!! I was able to watch the ustream and it was just like a crappy cell cast only better!!!!!! Elevator is sounding great>> eeep

49. embe says:

Thank you for the live chat video. I hurried home to participate in the chat, but I just missed it – apparently I estimated the time difference wrong. I actually cried because I was so upset. So thank you for showing me what I missed.

But I was lucky enough to see David perform live, even though it went on and off air constantly lol.

From 6 Flags – credit zerogravity1

Go Here for TwitVids of Elevator, Crush, and TMH – partial

aww embe, I feel your pain, I couldn’t really watch the whole thing ‘cuz I was at the office… torture!!!

Kizzi, awesome, thanks! Am counting on the amazing videographer djxox to work her magic … really want to see that SBL, love the way he lowered it & changed it up!!!

So David’s been spotted around Six Flags going on the rides … here’s a Twitpic from @emmyriley:

david arculeta haaaa on Twitpic

Yay for djxox! I have been able to soak up the last few days of vid performances… that boy can sang!!!!! So extremely exciting to see him perform… this album will be a treat!!!
    Glad he is out rollercoasting tonight, lol.

Elevator – from 8throwcenter

Fun to hear fans talking in the beginning and singing along. πŸ˜€

Nice, Kizzi!

Here’s a Twitpic from River (2nd row!) (click 2 enlarge:

@DavidArchie from the 2nd row tonite.wished for more songs fr... on Twitpic

Must read story from ArchieRX from fan who got to ride the rollercoaster with David: *passes out at the thought*

Gotta say, the way he’s singing the second “butterfli-ie-ies” in the WNCI version and this one puts me in some sort of hypnotic trance. I have a feeling someone’ll snap their fingers and I’ll wake up in 2012 or something.

πŸ˜†

• Kizzi says:

I like his phrasing on “butterflies.” He seems to be having mucho fun singing that word in particular.

Oh. My. Heck. to ride a rollercoaster with David… and him worrying about his hair TOOOO funny.

And Elevator – well, he is really grooving to it now and love the hand signs lol

Just popping in – in-laws in town from back east visiting… not much time for me to come here 😦

Elevator just has me captivated more and more each time he sings it…..hypnotic trance, right TOfan!
    That line is one of my faves…..”But it’s the butterflies that keep you feeling so alive, so alive…
    you gotta get back that high!
    As for roller coaster rides, very lucky fan to ride that beast with David! If I was 18 I would definitely go for it and ask David if I could sit next to him, lol.
    Now I would have to decline the ride I’m afraid but would love to be there!
    More great performances by David, love the fans who provide all the videos!

Ha, guess i missed parts of that roller coaster story…David fiddling with his hair, that’s funny. Kind of cute though, worried about how he will look in photos. What an incredible experience for that fan though, whoa!
    Awestruck…love the hand movements too in his songs…especially the box hand movement in Elevator, lol. He’s just one big smile and hug and a half:)

Woot, je t’aime, dj!!!

je t’adore, mademoiselle bell!

<3333333333333

62. embe says:

Thank you djbell for those awesome videos!

There was a misunderstanding over at Snarkies, which I feel bad about. They posted a video of Elevator, and I said it’d be a bit better without the fans’ screechy singing lol, but that I still loved it. Then someone said “don’t sing while taking videos” and that made some people mad, saying all videos should be appreciated and that it’s only natural to sing along etc.

Well, I for one did not mean that one can’t sing while taping. Also, I know it wasn’t the person taping that was singing – it came from someone standing further away. And I didn’t mean “screechy” as an insult – I just found it funny, that when even David himself sometimes has trouble with those really high notes, that the fans attempt to hit them lol. ‘Cause I sound screechy too when I try to sing them, and I’m a singer lol.

That’s just in case djbell would read this, because I want everyone to know I didn’t mean any harm. I feel really bad about that, and the other person’s comment “don’t sing when taping” 😦

• refnaf says:

((((embe))))

• embe says:

{{{refnaf}}}

Sometimes I really hate the internet. If you type something in a hurry or just randomly say something without thinking, people get the wrong idea and all hell breaks loose before you can explain anything.

If it wasn’t my only connection to you guys and David, I’d be online a lot less.

• emmegirl says:

I think all his great fans who share pics, vids etc. knows how truly appreciative every one of us is for every nibble we can get…no biggie.

• djxox says:

{{{embe}}}

You are so sweet and I really want you to know there is no need to feel bad. No harm was done. Really, it”s all good. πŸ™‚

• djxox says:

….and I am glad you are enjoying my vids. Thank you for your kind words. It feels good to share with those who have not seen him live…yet. Your day will come. πŸ™‚

• embe says:

YOU are so sweet {{{dj}}}

I’m so relieved that you understand that I didn’t mean anything bad. And I really love your videos – I’ve favorited most of them on YT πŸ™‚ Hoping to see David live someday, but your videos definitely help in the mean time ❀

Crush.. from the wonderful djbell, bows down to you.

djxox….love you!!! Our vid queen! πŸ™‚
    Are we sill engaged?????

And we have some mi-t-fine videos, thanks guys!

His confidence is palpable.

Isn’t he great.

dj – fantastic vids as always. miss ya! xxooxx πŸ˜€

67. silverfox says:

dj…{{{{HUGS}}}}

Vids are great as all your videos of David are! Not just great, but they are THE BEST! Thank you!

Hope you’re OK & can’t wait to see you again for David’s next SOLO tour…

Embe {{{hugs}}} to you too.

David has me on a tailspin…So many cities, so many events & performances…all within a SEVEN day span! So I wonder if he’s going to Nashville now or if he’s off for a couple of days rest first?

Kizzie..wondering if SB & I will see you in Nashville?
    πŸ˜€

• djxox says:

Aww SF {{hugs}} back atcha πŸ™‚

Thanks for your kind words about the vids, I try my best to capture the moments to relive afterwards and to share with everyone. As we all know, no matter how many songs David sings, 1 or 18, it seems to be over in a flash. I am glad you are enjoying them.

I am a wounded warrior right now but it is amazing how a vid, a song and just a smile make it all worthwhile. And of course all your well wishes warm my heart…

Looking forward to a reunion with the next solo tour too! πŸ™‚

• Kizzi says:

Not going to Nashville SF. Made a major move relocating in another community which is consuming all my spare time and loads of fun – near grandkids and refinishing a new house is grand stuff. HGTV has become my favorite channel :D.

Might make the “Skate” concert in October but that’s tentative. Miss seeing everyone. The videos and fan stories are a sweet substitute to being there.

Love ya.

embe, this is for you πŸ™‚

• embe says:

THANK YOUUUU ❀ ❀ ❀ I love you.

What a great performance. David knows when to save his voice and when to hit the really high notes – notice in this video that he actually does sing them the original way even after the key change!

69. djxox says:

awestruck~ Crush is like a fine wine isn’t it?

TOfan~ hint hint ^^^ have you found your nugget yet?? LOL

70. jackryan4DA says:

Complete Interview at the AAKD grounds with Fox News. Just love it when he started playing with the ball πŸ™‚

71. silverfox says:

Just saw this tweet by Mike! Soooo, is David in Toronto? Mike doesn’t specify WHO is boarding a flight!??

“At JFK about to board a flight to Toronto…. Was fun NY!”
    about 8 hours ago via Osfoora for iPhone

TOfan! Where are you? Have you heard anything about David being in Toronto?

SF, David better NOT be in Toronto, ‘cuz I’m in Vermont!!!!!! aaaaarghhhhh I saw that Mike tweeted last week about heading to Toronto to work with Jordan Knight, so I think that’s what he’s doing. … But where in the world is David Archuleta?!? 😯

Have been on the road for 2 days (with a family wedding thrown in for good measure )… dying to catch up with the Arthur Ashe vids, so thanks guys!!!!

dj, I’m still searching!!! But I have a feeling I know what it is! πŸ˜† {{{{hugs to you, ma cherie!}}}

72. silverfox says:

TOfan, πŸ˜†

OK, so maybe Mike is there w/o David. He should know better than to be so vague about it. πŸ˜‰

David should be going to Nashville soon for the taping with The Celtic Woman, but who knows where he’s at this moment. No tweets today from David, so we won’t know anything until tomorrow.
    Hope he’s taking a well deserved R&R.

His SBL on the Arthur Ashe Kids Day event was so good! Loved it!

Kizzie..New house?! Same state? Lots of work but very exciting I’m sure, so Congratulations! πŸ™‚

73. embe86 says:

Ok that is IT.

I’ve spent the whole day moving to our new house and come home exhausted, when

and

and

and

appear on my computer screen without ANY warning what-so-ever. That is so wrong on so many levels!!

When one is tired, one’s senses should NOT be overloaded with photos of a friggin’ short, dark and handsome angel with the voice like paracetamol suddenly turned into a male model overnight WHAT THE BUCK?!?! Up yours David!!

74. Abanana77 says:

Maybe Davids back home for a couple days.

TOfan – have fun in Vermont!

I am finally back home after being in NB for 3 months. And I have tonnnnnnnns to catch up on. Should be fun though!

75. River says:

I was blown away by the acoutic version in the Lexington radio studio. That has never been one of my favorite David songs but that arrangement brought it into a new light for me. Kudos to Mike for making that happen. Loved SBL yesterday in NY. I like the band and the change ups.

76. River says:

I SHOULD proof read. of course I meant Acoustic.

77. River says:

And in proofreading again I see that I did not mention the title of the song I ‘m talking about “Crush”. I take solace in that I saw David perform live Friday and obviously my brain is now mush til the next time. It never changes.

78. jackryan4DA says:

Finally found the time to upload: from CBS footage

SBL with intro & interview

I wanted to add CRUSH so we just have 1 continuous file but it is taking too long LOL

Enjoy the gloriousness of SBL!

79. Abanana77 says:

So an example of how behind I am in David world – I just watched the Hey Soul Sister video for the first time. Hahahaha.

80. jackryan4DA says:

My wish before I retire – to see and hear David perform CRUSH on keyboard, just a few feet away just like how you guys experienced it.

Since retirement is still about 17 years away, the wish has a fighting chance, right?

Just have to share an observation: I have been reading from several fansites about David seeming “cold” promo of SBL as compared to other songs he has promoted. Ok so I never actually bought that feedback but watching the AAKD interview above makes me re-think… anyone noticed that he didn’t even mention the title of SBL? But remembered to mention CRUSH?

Not starting anything, ok? I just find that odd cos David has always been a stickler for such things…

• emmegirl says:

Don’t know JR, but have seen numerous interviews where he is very purposeful about getting in a plug for SBL and his new album. Hmm, if fans think he is cool toward the song, does that mean they are not supporting it or requesting it. Hope that is not the case.

81. jackryan4DA says:

Anw, here is a short vid of David pix-posing & signing autographs w/ fans before & after the AAKD show

82. jackryan4DA says:

Sorry if posted already but more gaaaaaah-some pix here:

Ciao everyone, have to do some errands – enjoy your Sunday!

83. jackryan4DA says:

EMMIEGIRL – oh even if some fans may find David’s inclination towards SBL as cold,doesn’t matter they will support. Heck some fans still buy even if they don’t like a song. That’s how dedicated his fanbase is.

84. jackryan4DA says:

Some archies were asking whether I captured the intro to David’s segment where the SBL MV clip was shown so I uploaded another vid that included that part:

TOfan, looved your tweet! Congrats!

emme, thanks! Such a total fluke, I’m away from home with limited internet access, so go figure. I’m soooooo happy I got to tell him how much I love Elevator (um, you guys might have caught that, lol). I hope he also saw my follow-up tweet telling him that it DOES make sense!

The more I listen and sing along to it, the more meaning I find in it. Not random at all, David.

abanana, you’re just now listening to Hey Soul Sister???? And I thought I was behind! lol Have fun!

{{{djxox}}} Thanks for the “gift” in the Crush vid!!! I’ll forgive you for making me rewatch all of them to find it! πŸ˜†

River, I know what you mean about that acoustic Crush … I almost think he could have a hit all over again with that version.

JR, thanks for all the AA kids Day vids, kinda cool to see him rock out SBL with the young drummer & bass player … he sounded so amazing, I bet a lot of people there assumed he was lip synching.

I can see why some fans think he’s a little cool on SBL… although I remember that in the interviews done before the single was announced, David made a point of emphasizing that he wanted to do more up-tempo songs this time that would get people moving. And SBL certainly fills that bill.

He loves to listen to pop music/Top 40, so it makes sense that he’d want to produce a single for that format. And he’s been working hard to squeeze in promo plugs for the album itself, so I think it’s more that that’s been his focus (rather than being “cool” on SBL).

I was wondering why Jive reps were at the Six Flags event. To gauge crowd reaction to the 2 songs? To schmooze with radio folks? hmmm

87. embe says:

Geez, I just now saw my post up there lol. It was awaiting moderation due to all those picture links – BE SURE TO CHECK THEM OUT to get to enjoy a full blown aneurysm afterwards. It’s about 12 posts up from TOfan’s latest comment. Do NOT – I repeat, do NOT – drink and or eat anything when clicking on the links. I don’t want nobody to choke.

88. jackryan4DA says:

JR, I don’t know how I missed your comment before, sorry about that ❀

EMBE – i just aim to please πŸ˜‰ muwah!

89. River says:

If I were those two Jive reps I would have rethought the trip to Six Flags as they wound up riding on the Bizarro coaster with him. “Put your hands up!…”

Newsflash!

ProFM interview (taped before Providence brunch) on in 5 min (6:35 p.m. ET), listen HERE:

91. Wonderful page, Maintain the fantastic work. With thanks.