To snippet or not to snippet, that is the question

Dang it, I broke my own no-snippet rule. I made it through the entire agonizing lead up to Christmas from the Heart without giving in to the siren song of the snippets. But this time, when David Archuleta tweeted that number, I dialed it like I was one of the Pod people on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Before I knew it, I’d forgotten to “just say no” and heard that teeny tiny bit of song.

The reason I gave up on snippets in the first place is because they totally led me astray on the first album. I couldn’t stand the echo in those few seconds of Barriers (now one of my top-three faves on the CD). The original sneak-peek of ALTNOY was cheesy and tinny to my ear (LOVE it now). I could go on.

So even though I caved and listened to a little Somethin’ Somethin’ About Love, I will reserve judgment on said song till I hear the whole thing … at the very least a version featuring that lovely “Music on Demand” lady.

In the meantime, what do you guys think?

This entry was posted in Special event and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to To snippet or not to snippet, that is the question

Brought over from end of last thread:

from Emmegirl:
    It’s not always easy to get a feel for these songs with those little snippets, but this one grabs you right away. I love it, think it will appeal to a wide variety of ages! Sounds like the fortunate few who have heard the entire song are looooving it!

From Zoe:
    Now on to the NEW song that he moz def does a great job with!!! From what I can gather from the first few stanzas, it sounds very poppy and radio friendly.

Thanks for the Breaking News, TOfan! I am LIKIN IT A WHOLE LOT!!! And I’m thinking David may have another BIG HIT with this one!!!
    Here’s a number you can call to hear the song with crystal clarity: 801-386-8196.
    Hope that doesn’t mean it’s an international call for all our Canadian brethren!!

From Refnaf:
    Rock on David!! woot. I’m likin’ the beat, very dancey…. it WFM!
    …k, I have listen over and over to the snippet and I love it a lot….

I snipt, and I liked, and then I snipt some more and now I LOVE it… it’s perfect for David right now IMO!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    want whole song

refnaf, lol! Agree, love the song and it IS perfect for him right now!

TOfan,

Brought this from the last thread:

davidfmusic

@jennyG_PA Yes it is my buddy Chris______ who co wrote it with david & someone else.Good song. Heard it last week. SO many good songs comin’
    3 minutes ago via web in reply to jennyG_PA

I don’t know why, but I was convinced the single was something that Eman co wrote with either David or David Hodges and maybe Jess Cates. They were giddy about some of the songs they were working on!

This song should get the airplay, something Crush didn’t get. That will encourage people to consider checking out the album; and I just have a feeling there could easily be multiple singles off of this one. Hope I am not getting too far ahead of myself, but, can’t help myself…he’s awesome, and he deserves this!

Where is everyone tonight, I KNOW there isn’t a hockey game!

Well, now I want the whole song too. Have to say this is a really catchy song…and I know from experience that once I hear the entire song with very clear audio….and all the little nuances and soulful plays in David’s voice, I will love it even more. Definitely sounds like radio friendly material to me and yes…..I also think this could be a big hit!
    The more I listen the more I like. Go David!
    Tofan:
    “I dialed it like I was one of the Pod people on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Before I knew it, I’d forgotten to “just say no” and heard that teeny tiny bit of song.”
    HaHa…well I’m afraid that I have always been “Pod People” when it comes to David, even at my age!

peppertara, LOL! I loved that part of TOfan’s article too! Her wit and writing are way out of my league!

(Sorry TOfan, for talking about you like your not here!)

6. Zoe says:

Check out this post on IDF from someone who works at a radio station, has heard the entire song, and has given it MAJOR PROPS!!!

Meanwhile….

Can’t. Stop. Listening. To. Something Bout Love!!

David’s voice sounds so strong and sublime!!

And it’s a reaaallly catchy tune! I predict that the tweens, teens and 20 somethins’ are gonna LURVE it!!!!! Maybe not as sophisticated as some of us of a certain age were hoping for, but it don’t matter. It’s got the kind of pop vibe that will make us feel like spazzy, carefree teenyboppers again!!

Gonna go listen to it again. I’m useless to get anything else done tonight!

OH MY HECK, ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for that link! This part gave me chills (‘cuz the bridge is what I most wanted to hear!):
      There is a REALLY awesome bridge in the song that is (at least based off one listen…maybe I am just really excited lol) maybe some of the best vocal work I’ve heard from David.

7. bebereader says:

Well I snippeted and I’m glad I did. When it comes to David’s music I have no self-control. I’m in love with the new song, catchy vibe, cool beat, lovely melody and amazing vocals. Can’t wait to hear it on the radio! How much do I love “Something ‘Bout Love’, you ask?
    We’re engaged now and yes, I want to marry it. haha

I hope Jive doesn’t leak snippets of the rest of the songs on the CD like they did the first time. I didn’t like the snippets for TMH, MH and a few others. But when I heard the complete CD, they sounded so different that I wound up loving them.

*waves to Zoe*, my Bookends buddy 😉

8. embe says:

I love the snippety snippet! It’s so joyful and the melody is in contrast to the lyrics – love breaks your heart but you can’t help wanting love anyway. I especially adore David’s voice after the second whoa-oh-oh thingy, when he sings those pure, high notes. His voice is out of this world.

Now, what I really came here for is to express my gratitude to Abrra and Bebe. This morning I received a brown bag filled with LOVE. I opened it laughing and crying at the same time – now that’s a sight. In all my excitement I tried so hard not to scream too loud I now have a hernia. Word of advice people – just let it out.

Bebe, Abrra ❤ ❤ The true (arch)angels. I cannot thank you enough. ❤ ❤

According to snarkies… here are the lyrics…
    they sound correct to me:)
    have a good day peeps **waves**

Every night it’s all the same
    You’re frozen by the phone
    You wait, something’s changed
    You blame yourself every day
    You’d do it again
    Every night

There’s something ’bout love
    That breaks your heart
    Whoa oh oh oh
    It sets you free

There’s something ’bout love
    That tears you up
    Whoa oh oh oh
    If you believe
    When the world comes down like the rain
    It’ll bring you to your knees
    There’s something ’bout love that breaks your heart
    Whoa oh oh oh…
    But don’t give up

TOfan – I took the poll & while I don’t want to marry the snippet, lol, I like it much. But what I like even more is the promotion David’s music is getting now…twill be quite gratifying to see its impact on sales. 😀

ref – Congratulations on Grandbaby #2. Grandbabies are one of life’s sweetest joys.

And thanks for the lyrics. Before cells phones, before texting, back in the land lines days, I remember being “frozen” by the phone waiting for a call. P.S. Do you remember passing notes in the hall as you changed classes talking about who likes who? and what did “he” say? hahaha

Yes, YAY! on all the promo that little snippet is getting! It’s like we’re not the only ones who’ve been anxiously awaiting new music from David!

• awestruck says:

Kizzi – ditto (passing notes in the halls, during class snuck in the pages of a book…)

Congrats on the gbaby news to both Emmegirl & Refnaf! New fans FTW! 😆

Embe, congrats to you to on receiving your ArchuParcel … I can attest to Abrra’s rather large & fluffy Angel wings!

Bebereader, I’m with you re Jive leaking snippets but I have a feeling that’s part of the “game” nowadays.

Speaking of radio “games,” I encourage everyone to check out their local radio station website, sign up with them & find out if there’s a “music survey” you can subscribe to.

I signed up a while back for my local station and I’ve been dutifully doing the surveys (listening to snippets of some awful dreck, let me tell you … but some good stuff too I have to say) waiting for the day that David’s single would be one of the survey songs, and I can score it HIGHHHHHH. Because, as emmegirl put it so beautifully, “He’s awesome, and he deserves this!

12. Abanana77 says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I just came online and just found out about the snippet! No idea what to do… I usually avoid snippetts but this one is tempting. I have it saved on my iPod to maybe listen to later (after work). I feel like it’s impossible to have a snippett on your iPod and NOT listen to it though…

Well I did snippet this one… catchy, yup radio friendly, lyrics so far sound light (but will have to make my final decision on that once I know them ALL). If it is a David song, then I sometimes think he has deeper meaning in his lyrics… will appeal to the youngun’s and make me feel young again, lol. I have a feeling that he will have something for the ‘older’ crowd on the CD though.

Agree with all, am loving all the promo. David’s intro was cute too – you can hit 7 to forward it on if you like it… Can see him doing this on TCA.

TOfan – POD people FTW

embe – “In all my excitement I tried so hard not to scream too loud I now have a hernia. Word of advice people – just let it out.” LOLOL

abanana – I did not listen to snippets of the debut CD, think I might have caved on some from CFTH (isn’t it SAD that I remeber most everything about when David did what, but cant’ remember what I did !!!). But with THIS snippet my finger hit the play button so fast it made my head spin…

14. YJfanofdavid says:

Tofan, Yes Ma’am regarding the Archu-duty. Great idea!

I was in the middle of buying some fish in the grocery store’s seafood department when my phone buzzed. The guy behind the counter just wrapped up the fish and was handing it to me. I instinctively knew it’s the call I had been waiting for all afternoon. I dropped the fish and listened to the snippet right there! The fish dude looked at me like I was crazy. Haha. I am finally proudly wearing my “Slightly Nutty Fan” badge.

Marrying the snippet? I am already planning the honeymoon!

YJfanofdavid – LOL!!!

I like it even more today! (YJ, how many you got room for on that honeymoon!)

YJ,
    bahahahahaha, sorry, only laughing so hard ‘cuz I would have done the same thing! “Step away from the fish, this is an URGENT call!” 😆

Some early Idol Chatter buzz HERE … like the comparison to MLWSWY, I heard that too.

& emme, thanks for the Dave Filice tweet (I also thought the 1st single would be an Eman creation).

So David cowrote the single??? WOW that is HUGE!!!!

Shows incredible confidence in him on Jive’s part.

*bursts with pride*

TOfan, *bursting too*

It might not be the type of song I personally had hoped for, (i know those will eventually come), but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good song and that I can’t really enjoy it. His voice alone makes it amazing! (Great song to treadmill to!)

He needs radio play, and I think this song will get him that. As someone else said, alot of the artists that get the radio play have had a couple of big, radio-friendly hits. After that, it doesn’t seem to matter as much whether it is even a particularly good song or not, they will play your stuff based on your previous successes.

19. YJfanofdavid says:

Emme, I listened to it so many times since yesterday afternoon that by this morning my love of the snippet already begot a child. lol.

Tofan, Good point about Jive’s confidence in his writing ability, if he did co-write!

I am giddy over the prospect of hearing David all over the radio this summer! (Now all we need is some crazy dance moves to go with the super dance-y beat!)

LOLing at the idea of David doing any dance moves … I love the wacky free-form flying he does now! hahaha

emme, it wasn’t what I was expecting either. To be honest, I was really hoping for a more soulful, WFMish song but that’s not what hits are made of these days, I guess.

@nesquicus on Twitter pointed out that the background synths reminded him of the Toronto band Lights … very much so!

So far, there hasn’t been one David-written song I haven’t liked… in fact they’re my favourites … and I always love the ones he recommends (even if I’ve never heard of them before)… so even though the snippet has yet to “beget a child” (too funny, YJ! 🙂 ) for me, I’m going to Trust the Archulator that I’ll fall head over heels for the finished product!

Download snippet mp3 HERE (thanks, FSteven) and listen to radio-quality snippet HERE (scroll down to 7/26 … thanks, Jonerz!)

Listen to Radio America Interview HERE. About 2 min. into the interview, he confirms he’ll be singing the Ntl. Anthem AND Stand By Me!!!!!!!

21. embe says:

I listened to the HQ clip. David’s vibrato (what a dangerous word typo-wise lol) is to die for when he sings “believe” in the beginning. I replayed that part like fifteen times – it’s soooo beautiful ❤

Hah, that Radio America interview was kind of painful. Is the DJ alive or…? Too bad the phone was occupied or someone could've called 911.

The interviewer also interrupted David numerous times, not to mention the fact that he kept pushing with the questions about the mission and all in all seemed to be out of it. Fortunately he was very polite to David, even if he didn't have all his ducks in the pond if ya know what I mean. You probably don't, though 😀

Embe, “Too bad the phone was occupied or someone could’ve called 911.” bahaha ROTFLMBO 😆

The guy who interviewed him was one of the original Watergate conspirators (waaaaay before your time, Embe):

Weird choice for interviewer. And it blew my mind when David mentioned that Donny Osmond was instrumental in Lupe becoming LDS??? So, in other words, if it weren’t for “Puppy Love,” Lupe may never have come to America & met Jeff & started a family. So we have DONNY OSMOND to thank for David?!?! 😯 😯 😯

That should def. have been included in COS! 🙂

Download longer clip of SAL (orig + radio quality 1) HERE.

• Zoe says:

Thanks, TOfan, for posting the link to this longer, radio quality version.

I am SQUEEEEEING because I just made my very cool, very sophisticated,
      “David’s music is too young for me” 19-year old daughter listen to this version, and about halfway through, when David’s vocals and the driving beat suddenly kick into high gear, her eyes opened wide, she flashed a knowing smile, gave me a High 5 and pronounced, “DAVID HAS ARRIVED!!!”

This, my friends, is a VERY good sign!!!!! 🙂

So I caved (of course) and listened to the clip. And to be entirely honest I can’t even remember it. Hahahahaha. I didn’t have a lot of time and so I only listened to it once and then went and did stuff and now I am at my aunts house (minus my ipod) so I can’t listen again. Buuuut I remember thinking
    a) Terrible quality
    b) I could not make out what he was saying
    c) And that if I got past all that, it was really catchy 😛

Sorry I don’t even know why I am bothering to comment about nothing.

hahaha, can you either watch the youTube up top or listen to the longer mp3 clip from FSteven (scroll up a couple of comments)?

oops, I’m being a snippet-enabler 😯

And you can download a ringtone of the snippet HERE thanks to the most amazing Abrra!!!!

• abanana77 says:

Hahaha I did watch the youtube up top, but still not great quality. It just makes me want to hear the actual thing when you can actually hear his voice. And I haven’t heard the longer mp3 clip because I don’t feel like downloading stuff onto my relative’s computers. Haha

After listening to the second snippet, the radio ready one or whatever it’s called, I like it even more…. I am packing for the honeymoon too, YJF

embe> “The interviewer also interrupted David numerous times, not to mention the fact that he kept pushing with the questions about the mission and all in all seemed to be out of it. Fortunately he was very polite to David, even if he didn’t have all his ducks in the pond if ya know what I mean. You probably don’t, though ” I do hear what you mean….but seems to me that he didn’t want to “get” what David was saying. David said that it was personal… but dude kept pushing…perhaps wanting David to spill something…JMO. I think David handles things like this so well because he really is who he says he is… so honest and open… I think most interviewers are stumped by him.
    Way excited that he is singing SBM!!!!At the 4th of July thingy!!

25. Abrra says:

I made a nice Ringtone for those with Iphones, I used the good audio of SBL.
    Download here:

Connect your phone to your pc
    Launch iTunes
    Click Ringtone from the upper left menu
    Drag and drop the file (m4r format) to the grid
    Click the Device icon for your phone on left side
    Click Ringtone tab (right panel) and check the box next to the new ringtone to add it
    Sync your phone
    (save these inst. for the next time) There will be more!

Embe
    So glad your package arrived safely! Breathe! I sent you the same link TOfan posted LOL Mr. Liddy is part of American “history”. And he is far removed from pop music. I suppose he had to do the interview as his show is on mornings when David is available.

Abrra

• embe says:

This is my comment from SoulDavid just so no one missunderstands 🙂

“I just wanna clear this up: my comment about whether the interviewer was alive or not had nothing to do with his age. I didn’t know he is that old. I just thought he spoke really slowly, sounded like he was struggling to breathe at times and he seemed to not understand David and kept interrupting him in a way that made it look like he didn’t care what David had to say, and wanted to move on to pressuring him further.

I would never mock elderly people by questioning if they were still breathing 😀 It’s not an age-thing.

Also, I have never heard of this Gordon person and don’t recall what the Watergate was about – didn’t know he was “famous”.”

I actually thought judging by this Liddy’s voice that he was like 60 or something. He doesn’t sound old, he sounds bored, and that’s what my comment was referring to 😛

26. YJfanofdavid says:

Hey look, a reveiw of the 30-second snippet! “Move over ‘Crush'”! 🙂

27. Josie says:

I am in a state of “WOW”. If I thought David couldn’t “do” this fun kind of pop, well then shame on me. OF COURSE HE CAN! HE CAN SING ANYTHING!

The snippet caught me instantly and yes, I voted that I’d like to marry it. 🙂 I’ve been singing it in my head for 2 days now. I am a total snippet believer because although I have the patience of a saint, when it comes to David’s music I. DO. NOT. Now I am impatient for July 13th to arrive which isn’t good, since at my age, it would be best to let time slow down a bit instead of speed up. Oh, I’m in a quandary!

Sing David, SING!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

28. Josie says:

*waves to all my friends*

Abrra, your ring tone idea is pure brilliance! I can just hear them all going off on Capitol Hill on the 4th! 😆

{{{Josie}}} I feel the same, wanting to sloooooow things down to enjoy every minute then wanting to push fast-forward … to TOUR!!!!!!!!! … k, just had to get that out.

YJ, that Associated Content writer’s got it bad… and that is GOOD! lol Loved this: “David’s vocals on this tune will soar like a kite with a long tail!”

Also loved this story on Snarkies from a new fan, HERE.

Esp. this part:
    “So I had no idea why there were so many videos of this kid. I clicked on the “Imagine” one and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. Every time he sang a note, I was like “beautiful”. I clicked on more videos. I was hooked.”
    Ring any bells, peeps??? 🙂

um, k

Just saw this on FanScene:

“David Archuleta will be a guest star on a brand new TV show called “Ariel & Zoey (Eli, too).” The show is set to air in September but apparently they’ve already pre-taped a segment with David in it. He is being interviewed by Ariel, Zoey, and Eli in this trailer for the show, at the 0:38 through 0:52 marks:”

31. SandyBeaches says:

I just listtened to the interview with historical Mr. Liddy, haha. Every country has its’ historical people I guess but anyway, David did a wonderful interview. He did speak about happenings in his life that I had not hear about before, so the old fella did get some new info. Just another funny bump in the road…It was rather nice with David singing at the first and last…

Tomorrow is our country’s BIG Birthday…I have our flag flying out near the rose garden! I bought delicious cupcakes decorated in red and white…but our big sweetheart of a dog made four of them disappear last evening! I have spoken with him and his teeth have been brushed…

Have a great day…

SB

Lite Miami interview is up on their site here:

Is it just me or did David sound like he was getting choked up talking about the Children’s Miracle Network? … he’s just too much sometimes, ya know? *sniff*

• Zoe says:

Thanks for the link to the Lite Miami website, TOfan!!

One of the very best interviews I have heard since my David journey began! Thoughtful, respectful, professional approach from DJ Ellen Jaffe. David handled each and every question or comment beautifully – with thoughtful, concise, intelligent responses.

This is one area of David’s artistic journey where I’ve been most anxious to see improvement. Listening to this interview, it sure sounds like he has made impressive strides!! I’m sure it helped that the interviewer was the antithesis of some of those numbskull, clueless djs who never get past the surface stuff.

Ya’ll be sure to check it out – just an AWESOME interview!!! 🙂

33. SandyBeaches says:

TOfan…That has to be the most beautiful interview with David that I have heard. David tells without hesitation what has been a highlight of this past year. He is the most inspirational singer in at least this part of the world…The interviewer allowed him to express himself completely…

SB

34. Zoe says:

And yes, TOfan, the comments about the Children’s Miracle Network and how those kids inspired him were so touching.

This kid’s heart is every bit as big as his talent.

Oh. My. David has become a wonderful communicator. Kudos to the DJ Ellen. Waiting for an mp3 of the interview…

36. SandyBeaches says:

awestruck…I did, I had a talk with him (our big black lab) because we discovered the loss of our July 1st cupcakes hours later so scolding would not be understood!!…He has beautiful white teeth so yes they were brushed…He has some shows coming up and the judges like them very clean!!

Happy July 1st to you awestruck!

SB

Zoe – “This kid’s heart is every bit as big as his talent.” Sooooooooooooo true.

Oh, Canada… *sigh*
    I am experiencing one of those rare moments where I wish I did not live here. Or I wish AOL radio worked here. One or the other.
    Oh wells. I’m sure we’ll be able to listen to it soon…

39. stenocruiser says:

Jen on FOD posted this:

@rince25 Somethin Bout Love MP3:

It’s wonderful, David is wonderful!

Thank you stenocruiser! <3333333

Oh gosh. Amazing.

41. Zoe says:

Hey Abanana – I see you got your wish PRONTO!!

YOWZA!! I had no idea we were going to be presented with the whole scrumptious enchalada today!!!!!!

I am over the moon over this song!! The beginning intrigues, the bridge is so cool and different… and the chorus SOARS!! The production quality is first rate and, as always, David’s vocals are STELLAR!!!

This has got huge RADIO PLAY written all over it!It’s destined to be a big summer hit!!!!

42. Zoe says:

Dear Admins,

Did some of us just hear a little sumthin’ sumthin’ we shouldn’t have?

OOPS!

Please feel free to delete my previous post if you deem it necessary….

AOL Music is playing in rotation, with permission from Jive per their tweet. 🙂 Snarkies has the tweets listed if you want proof. 😉

Go here —-> http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=5.0.32&ur=1&us=1&id=858 to listen at AOL Radio.

It plays in rotation with some other songs. Have to wait for it.

MJ has it in a player on her blog —-> http://mjsbigblog.com/david-archuleta-something-bout-love-first-listen.htm#comments Scroll down to the player.

It’s addictive. Lots of unexpected twists. Definitely a dance song. Good stuff! 😀

okay…. it is soooo stuck in my head…. very catchy and upbeat and I like the lyrics…. this is what David needs to do right now….I love it…. even more than before… eeeeeeeeee
    Never satisfied I want it live now.

I agree Kizzi, I love the twists and turns, really creative! Can’t wait to play it in my car!

Seems like it takes forever to come back around for me on AOL. Sounds awesome on the radio though!

refnaf, haha, me too – Already dreaming of live performances and the video!

47. Zoe says:

I’m with Kizzi and Emmegirl on those on those cool
    twists and turns.

And how ’bout the final chorus when the key changes – that’s a grabber!

Refnaf – “soooo stuck in my head” too!! And I agree witcha that this is what David needs to do right now.

Lord be willing, he’s got plenty of years to bring his vocal chops and writing skills to the many other genres that we know and love. But heck, we may find a few of them yet on the new album!

Zoe, agree totally with your last paragraph. He is young, he said after AI he wanted to have fun, sing songs that suited his age. And we will support him to the ends of the earth so he can survive in this business and continue in the future to bring us all kinds of amaaazing music.

49. Zoe says:

AMEN SISTER!!

50. archiesfan4life says:

ZOE – NOW I know what you were saying – awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I just heard it!!!

Emmegirl — “And we will support him to the ends of the earth so he can survive in this business and continue in the future to bring us all kinds of amaaazing music.” Amen!!! And a tour!!!!
    It is great being a one of David’s fans… endless joy!

52. Zoe says:

Hey there, AF4L!! Glad you finally heard it!!!
    It’s so addictive, I can’t get it out of my head – but why would I want to! 🙂

Looks like you finally got the new avatar up – yay!
    I seem to recall seeing that photo before – like through the lens of my camera at Bookends, haha!!

53. SandyBeaches says:

Thank you Kizzi!! I was starting to have a small panic attack when I kept getting refusals to hear it…

I see it as a huge hit. Doesn’t he have a little message to young people falling in love? That is David, he has messages for people and that is just a little part of his musical mission…

Now to hear it on stage will be phenominal. He will be flying all over the stage and there will be a zero gravity response I think…

It has a most refreshing sound to it…

SB

54. --bianca says:

I’m hear asking for Canadian support for something. Earlier today, I posted a stream to “Something ‘Bout Love” on the David Beyond Borders blog. Well since then, I’ve taken nothing but heck from self-righteous David fans for being an “illegal downloader.”

Those of you who know me know that almost no one has worked harder to promote David and share his music internationally. So the attacks have hurt a lot.

All of the streams that are available are illegal. Please make sure that your friends know that you could NOT have heard this song without the help of those who will temporarily bend the rules to ensure David is promoted across his whole fan base!

55. jackryan4DA says:

OK folks,a debut album is always “milestonic” and will always be remembered.

But a sophomore album is a defining, career-shaping undertaking. It is more important than the first one because we’ll see just how many people will go back and buy another album such that it solidifies a musician’s true marketability.

Needless to say, its carrier single is a critical barometer of the sophomore album’s potential.

So Archies of All Ages, gosh-dang-it! Even if we can download SBL right now, we better get ready to support this single and this 2nd album to the umpteenth power. That is everyone’s plan, right?

Cos there’s just “somethin’ ’bout” TheArchulator, whoa-oh-oh-oh…

Just sayin’ 😉

Bianca, sorry to hear that you have taken some ‘flack’ from some of the over righteous fans. Good grief, this song is all over the place now and David’s true supporters will also buy the song when it is available, 1,2,9 or 87 times! Makes no difference.

This song has a hook that reels you in and there is no escaping! Or should I say…David is the hook that reels you in. It is now stuck in my head, every word and change and twist in the song…the lyrics, the voice! Think it’s a fabulous pop song.
    I cannot wait to hear David’s awesome song on the radio. Got to be a hit, think it will reel just about everyone else in too. Way to go David.

jackryan4da:
    Will definitely be supporting David as always and will be buying numerous copies. I don’t think David’s fans will let him down on this!

JR – we are on board and ready to lead the charge, gosh-dang-it!

Bianca – sorry to hear that. David fans are a protective lot, aren’t we? These issues will always be a sticky wicket, but your commitment to David is most certainly not in question.

bianca… ditto to what peppertara and emmegirl said!!!

and JR> we will buy, buy, buy!!!!