A David Archuleta fan to the Finnish

Snow for SnowAngelz! This is Lapland, in northern Finland.

Here I sit. Waiting. Waiting for my very own, signed copy of Chords of Strength. Lately I’ve been waiting a lot. Waiting for new David interviews and performances, waiting for David’s book, waiting for his new music…. waiting. And when the wait is FINALLY over for many others, I have to wait some more. I wait for some lovely fan to upload the interviews, the performances and the new songs to Youtube. I crrrave, not orange juice, but MY BOOK. It’s tiring to tip-toe around David fansites, careful not to accidentally read spoilers about COS. Because now it’s out in the open. People are quoting it, listing their favourite chapters and scanning the photos online for all to see. I feel left out. I don’t know how much longer it will take for my copy of COS to arrive, but waiting for it does certainly take all the perseverance I have in me. Lesson learned, David.

I’m from Finland, see. A Finnish Archie. I’m very proud of that title — makes me feel special, since there are not many of us. Actually I don’t know any other Finnish Archies. And because I’m selfish, I’m okay with being the only one for now. How cool would it be to grab David’s attention by saying, “Oh, by the way, I came to see you all the way from Finland!” And David would be all, “GOSH where did you park,” etc. And I’d get to tell him I’d walk a thousand miles (or in this case 4,751) if I could just see you.

Anyway. Being a Finnish fan of David is no picnic. I don’t see any TV shows that David’s on, I have to wait for months to get my book, I rarely read about David in the magazines they sell here and of course, the chances of ever meeting David are quite slim. (By the way, why do “slim chance” and “fat chance” mean the same thing?) But I am really grateful that they aired Season 7 of American Idol over here. Because that’s when I laid my eyes on the most amazing creature on the face of the Earth. Mr. “I’m David. I like music.”

Me with my dogs and a "vihta" — a traditional "bouquet" of birch branches Finns use in the sauna. Basically we soak the vihta in hot water and then hit ourselves and others with it. It's great for blood circulation. Or I might just be brainwashed into believing that.

I had watched AI from Season 5, but none of the contestants blew me away like David did. One of the reasons that he had such a strong impact on me was probably the fact that I lost my mom at the end of March, 2008. She battled colon-cancer for three years and all I could do was watch her slowly fade away in front of my eyes. I tried to be strong in her presence, because I didn’t want my last moments with her to be wasted on me crying. But something broke inside me. I’m traumatized for life by what I witnessed my strong, brave mom go through during those three years. I will never say she “lost” the battle against cancer — if anything, SHE WON. The illness didn’t break her spirit, it didn’t affect her mind. And the way she handled the limitations the illness brought on her path was truly incredible. I still cannot believe her courage and I will always continue to tell people what an amazing woman my mom was. She died at the age of 49, just 10 days after her birthday.

As the cancer started taking its toll on all of us — mom, me, my big-brother, my dad, my mom’s mom, all of our relatives and friends — I had to find a place in my mind where I could hide. A place where I didn´t have to remember my mom being sick, a place to pretend. I couldn’t hide my feelings in our family; we´re such a close bunch. It´s impossible to pretend without someone noticing it (and sometimes it’s a real pain in the butt). So I wanted to find a way to escape the cruel reality. Often times it would be the gym, where I would train so hard my muscles we´re crying for help. I channelled the pain in my heart towards my body. But then I started watching Season 7 of American Idol. At first there was nothing special about it. But then I saw this young man with black hair and a nice tan explaining something about paralyzed vocal chords. And he paralyzed me with amazement. Each week I looked forward to seeing him and each week he helped me escape the pain that was haunting me whereever I went.

Here I am at home ... Kidding! This is an ice chapel in the north. I live in central Finland, in a town called Jämsä. In the summer it's really warm here, hot even (just to make that clear lol).

When David sang “Heaven”….. wow. I couldn’t believe how effortlessly he did all those runs, which I take pride in in my own singing. Finnish singers don’t do those. And I had always disliked Finnish music. I listened to groups like Sugababes, Backstreet Boys, Evanescence, Maroon 5 — each very different from eachother, but all had one thing in common: unique voices. Voices that you recognize. Voices that are bendy; that can do runs. Finnish singers don´t take risks like that. And when they do, it sounds very stiff and rehearsed. So I loved singers who added a little somethin’ somethin’ to their vocals. But none of my former favourite stars were like David. He was 16 and his voice was like water; it swirled around obstacles, flowing with ease and every sudden movement just melted together, the continuous flow never breaking. I will never forget it, and since then I have found comfort whenever I hear David’s voice, whether he’s singing or speaking, even. He glows purity.

Finland fast facts: Population: 5.4 million; Official languages: Finnish & Swedish; Capital city: Helsinki; Joined EU: 1995

So. David’s artistry, his soul, his warmth, his unique aura reached all the way to Finland, all the way to my breaking heart. David was the needed super-glue. I thank the Lord for David and his healing power and for the internet (though I’m not sure if the Lord had anything to do with that), because it gives me access to David. It’s like the key to the medicine cabinet. Not to mention all the special bonds I have formed with other Archies. IDF, Snarkies, TDC, The Voice, Soul David and of course, SnowAngelz. Finally I have someone who understands. I don’t have to explain why a guy licking his lips, laughing awkwardly, singing five seconds of Maybe I’m Amazed or tweeting about Thai food has me juddering in a fetal position in the corner of my couch. You all truly are (arch) angels, and we all have been infected by the same disease; ODD. ODD knows no cultural borders — it often catches you whether you like it or not and there is, fortunately, no cure.

Now, I must end this rambling nonsense to go check my mailbox for COS for the fourteenth time today. Perhaps David heard my frustrated call and hand-delivered the book himself 😉

embe

P.S. “Be Still My Soul” (originally named “Finlandia Hymni”) was composed by Jean Sibelius, a world-famous Finnish artist. A few years ago Finland was actually considering changing the Finnish National Anthem, called Maamme, to the Finlandia Hymni, because Estonia has the same anthem as Finland does. One of the reasons was also that Finlandia Hymni represents Finland’s survival through the continuation of the war that was part of World War II. Here is the original, Finnish version of the hymn, and here is David’s:

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to A David Archuleta fan to the Finnish

1. Abrra says:

Embe
    I am honored by your perseverance in the face of such challenges to be a fan of David. I want to send you some Cd’s I made of Live performances. The Snowangelz are holders of several of my creations. If you are interested, send your mailing address to me at alphawav@comcast.net. I might even throw in a VIP tee shirt 😉

Abrra

2. embe says:

David’s emotional interpretation of BSMS was…. enough to make me speechless. The tears flowing from under his long, black lashes down his caramel-coloured, flawless skin is a sight so beautiful it makes my heart ache. The song came from his soul and ended up right into mine.

3. embe says:

Abrra!!! Marry me, please ❤ Thank you for your kind words. I wouldn't want you to go through any trouble for me though – are you sure about the cd's? I've always wanted one of those, how'd you know? 🙂

{{{Embe}}} Thank you so much for sharing your story. You expressed it so beautifully (WAY better than my Finnish :lol:).

I’m very sorry for your loss but glad you found David’s music when you needed it most … it is amazing how that keeps happening.

I hear there are many similarities between Finland & Canada (in fact, your picture at the top reminds me of the night ski runs in the Gatineau Hills outside of Ottawa) … and we often have to wait here for David’s CD/book/iTunes … but not as long as you do, yikes. Hope your book comes today!!! ♥

5. Annie says:

Embe, I soooo know what you’re going through with the “waiting for everything concerning David”, haha! See, I’m one of the couple other European Archies (from Germany) and man, we have to wait just like you said – lol. Sometimes it’s really hard, being a fan from so far away. But know this: we’re all in this together!! 😉 So many European Archies have bonded over the waiting and the longing to be able to just hop into our car, drive a couple of hours (or maybe drive 1 or 2 days lol) to see a show or to be able to just go into a store and buy his CD or book – heck, even ordering from amazon takes weeks, haha! Anyway, it’s all worth the wait, isn’t it!! Did you maybe come to UK, when he toured there last year? And do you have twitter or facebook? I’d love to get in touch with you, if we haven’t yet! 🙂

I’m so glad David helped you through the rough time with your mom. And I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m sure she’s in a better place now, watching over you and your loved ones. *hugs* David truly has been like a sanctuary for so many fans, and your story confirms it again. Thank you for sharing!

Hugs & Love,
    Annie

6. Cathy says:

Thank you so much, , Embe, for writing this post! Your story is so wonderfully written!

I can relate in the loss of your Mom, as I exprienced the same thing, and it is easy to understand how David caught your immediate attention and was able to help you through it.

It always interests me to read about other fans from around the globe who share their love of this beautiful, musical gift that David shares with all of us, directly from his soul to our hearts! I’ve heard his voice described many ways, but ‘bendy’ is now one of my favorites!

I’d enjoy reading future posts from you!

Also, I hope that book arrives soon!! 🙂

Thank you for telling your story!

Embe – <333333333 I am so so glad that you found David when you were going through your tough time. Your mom sounds like she was an incredible woman, and you sound like one too. I really hope you get your book soon! <333

OK question to all Canadians who've ordered an autographed copy of COS from the Bookends, have you guys gotten yours yet? Because I haven't and I'm starting to get nervous that I screwed up telling the dude my address over the phone. But also, where I'm living is kinda rural and regular mail is taking forever for me to get too, so it might just sloww…

• awestruck says:

Testament to all: I thought I had ordered signed copies from Bookdends, they didn’t come, didn’t come. Then I got my order (???) from Borders, thinking they were going to be the signed ones, but no. So, I must have – I said to myself – gotten all mixed up and ordered from the wrong place. WELL, lo and behold, what comes in the mail today?!? My signed copies from Borders. SOOO, abanana – wait patiently it takes Canada Post a LONG time to deliver!

I’m thinking I will donate one copy to my local library (I did that with both of Davids CD’s). And then I will only have 4 copies (I got another one from Amazon maybe, but then I got two more from Amazon… I am REALLY confused…LOL ps. hubby only thinks I’ve got one copy.

8. bluebird19 says:

Hi Embe … Just wanted to say what a beautifully written post this is. Hard to wait for things isn’t it? Remember David says, “Patience is a Virtue” lol.

Like Cathy above, I also can relate to your experience in the loss of your mom and I’m glad you have found comfort in David’s music.

I don’t know any David fans close around me either so it’s a good thing we have the “world of David” to share news and talk to each other. I, too, hope you have a twitter. Mine is @attwittsend if you do. Hope to see more of your writing again and hope you get your book today! 🙂

9. archuletafansgermany says:

Just wanna add, I love this site. Canadian Archies rock! ❤

{{{Annie}}}
    Your site is awesome too (http://archuletafansgermany.com/) love your sidebar links to the Women’s Conference videos btw!

abanana, don’t think the Bookends deliveries have made it north of the border yet! Canada Post is probably reading them! LOL

embe, I think it’s so cool that BSMS has Finnish roots … must make that sacred song so much more special to you … and LOVE your description of its effect on you in your comment! 🙂

I spoke too soon – I got my autographed book today in the mail! (Sorry embe – I hope this means yours will comes soon too!)

12. cowboys4 says:

Embe,
    What a beautiful, beautiful post. I must admit, I cried a little when you described your mother’s heroic battle with cancer. I’m so very glad that you discovered David at a time when you needed him most.
    I’ve read your posts on multiple sites, and from what I gather you are hoping to make a trip to the US in the near future? I pray that works out for you and that you may experience David in person. It’s not something you’re likely to ever forget. I’ll also send a little prayer that perhaps you will get a chance to actually meet the man himself. I know that he would enjoy your lively, caring spirit as much as you’ve enjoyed him all this time. Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope your book arrives ASAP! ~Debbie

13. archiesfan4life says:

Embe – thank you for sharing your story – it touched my heart. I am so sorry for your loss.

I pray that your book arrives soon and also that you get the chance to meet David in person one day soon. {{{hugs}}}

14. embe says:

Gosh, you guys ❤ I am so happy that I was asked to write this article, but I would've never expected this response from you all. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all your lovely, soothing words.

TOfan: Yes, I'm aware of the similarities between Finland and Canada – haven't been to Canada though, so I can't really say whether or not they're true 😉 Yes, I find it sooo cool that BSMS is of Finnish origin – Finland is very proud of that hymn 🙂

Annie: So cool that you're European too! Unfortunately I wasn't in UK at the time of David's tour 😦

And yes, I do have accounts on both Twitter and Facebook. My Twitter is MojoPlant and you can find me on Facebook by the name of Emmi Ahonen, Finland, Jämsä. If there should be more than one Emmi Ahonen there, I have bright red hair, so that should help you find me 😀

Cathy: Thank you for saying my story was "wonderfully written". I've read so many amazing verbal gymnastics on so many David fansites, I wasn't sure I could pull this off 😀 Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

abanana77: Thank you ❤ Yes, my mom was a very special woman. Her strength was something out of this world.

bluebird19: I don't know how many ways there can be to express my gratitude, but THANK YOU to you too ❤ I really hope I get my book soon… I can't wait much longer!

cowboys4: Now you made ME tear up ❤ Thank you for your words. I don't know if I should be flattered or embarrassed that you've read my posts before 😀 I tend to just write whatever comes to my mind, much like my talking is lol.

Yes, I actually am planning a trip to America as soon as David announces when his tour starts. I'm going to fly to where ever his tour goes, and some lovely Archies have promised to give me a roof over my head and guide me, since I'd pretty certainly be lost alone lol.

15. Hanne-Denmark says:

Embe thanks for sharing your story – a story that went straight to my heart especially when reading about your loss of you mother way too early! You have really been brave and it’s amazing to read how David embraces our hearts and souls in different ways! I’m glad he found yours and helped you get along during and after your loss!

That said I will say hello to my neighbor 🙂 I’m from Denmark and a huge fan like you since seeing David on American Idol in 2008! But I’m not alone – we are 4 fans here in DK – how about that haha! But I can relate to almost everything in your story – especially all the waiting after all the US fans have received their albums and books – I still sit and wait by my mailbox!! BUT I have to tell that I got my COS from Amazon (the US one) June 10th – I can’t complain about that! And the signed one I ordered from Bookends I got a week ago – So I’m so happy and X my fingers for you to get yours SOON!!

During the last couple of years I have met so many amazing Archie fans that have been more than willing to help out getting some of all the goodies, that we can’t get here in Europe – DAVID’S FANS ARE AMAZING – I hope Embe that you’ll experience that too! Are you on twitter – a GREAT place to meet Archie friends and you’ll get all the great news almost before they happen haha!

Oh…..I have to tell you that meeting David might happens before you know it!! Suddenly the possibility turns up – and you have to take that chance 🙂 I’ve met David in the UK and in Florida – so it’s possible! But you will get even more hooked LOL!! I could keep on talking about this – but I’d better stop 🙂 Would love to stay in touch though so if you are on twitter or Facebook please tell!

Take care and a big hug to you ♥ ツ

Hanne

16. crownjewel says:

Embe~
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I have never commented here before (mostly only at Snarkies) but your post touched me. I am also very sad for your loss….your mom sounded amazing. It is amazing how David’s music can touch each of us exactly where we need it…he really has a special ability.

I hope that you are able to see David live (my desire is that ALL of his fans can see him in person), because feelings intensify when you can actually witness in person what he is all about. I live in Northern California, right on the beach. I have extra room in my home if you ever need a place to lay your head during a tour stop. I have 3 daughters that are 18, 21 and 26 that are grown and moved on, so there’s plenty of room here. :))

17. beebee says:

aww {{embe}} LOVE your post and have enjoyed your spritely spirit hither and yon in the archu_verse. My heart really goes out to you for your loss. I lost four family members since 04 and discovered David just after I’d lost my father and my sister. Your experience with your mom mirrors mine with my beloved sister so closely. Trauma for sure. And, can’t lie about a thing like this, it was the spirits of my father and sister who *swooooped* in and reassured me when I first found David. It was as if they literally SCREAMED in my ear “Yes, GO THERE. GO THERE.” 🙂

Again, LOVED your post. You’ll adore COS (duh!)… Oh, and Finland FTW! woot! 🙂

oh geez, guys, look what you made me do … between embe’s post & crownjewel’s kind gesture and now you ms. beebee, I’m losing it here at the office. *collects self*

beebs, when I read your “can’t lie about a thing like this, it was the spirits of my father and sister who *swooooped* in and reassured me when I first found David. It was as if they literally SCREAMED in my ear “Yes, GO THERE. GO THERE.” I fell right apart … I remember feeling exactly the same way when I found myself driving on the same route to Ford Day that I used to take to visit my late friend (whose funeral I’d come home from the night I “found” David singing Shop Around).

None of us may know what all this is about …and yet we carry a much deeper knowledge in our bones, don’t we?

embe, I think I need to slap myself with some of those vihta branches now! 😆

19. beebee says:

aww {{{TOfan}}} “we carry a much deeper knowledge in our bones.”

That we do.

Gosh, I am a bit of a mess… (((Embe))) thanks for sharing your story. The fact that he and his voice can do this, through a vid or TV is a testimony to his shining spirit. I am so glad you found him!! If it is on your life list to meet him, you will get there someday!
    BSMS is helping me even now as my family is dealing with a tragedy…. what a gift that this new vid of David singing this came on the very evening that I recieved some very sad news, again I can only be thankful.
    TOfan>“we carry a much deeper knowledge in our bones.” wow….thanks

Reading this thread is giving me so much love right now so I thank you all and sends (((Hugs)))

embe – oh… thank you for sharing your beautifully written story.

This really caught at my heart “He was 16 and his voice was like water; it swirled around obstacles, flowing with ease and every sudden movement just melted together, the continuous flow never breaking. I will never forget it, and since then I have found comfort whenever I hear David’s voice, whether he’s singing or speaking, even. He glows purity.”

Hugs to all who shared the same tradegy as you, loosing a loved one. Out of the ashes…

Wonderful to ‘see’ all of the ‘out-of-towners’!!! It is truly a world united through David’s music and his spirit. I am so glad to be a part of it.

22. raelovingangles says:

Awe Embe…. Beautiful story. Sending you WARM thoughts from sunny Florida. You are adorable, and very humorous with your dry wit. I enjoy the links you provided with your music too. Congrats on your article! Thanks for sharing your lovely story and for your dedicated heart.

Hi Snowangelz!! 🙂

23. raelovingangles says:

PS: Epic description of the voice like water. I am not sure I have heard David’s voice described that way but the visual impage is so ON TARGET.

I know we’ve all seen BSMS … but not like this (thanks, feather4archuleta) <333:

embe, thanks also for the bits of history- link to the Finnish version of the hymn, beautiful – the vihta (don’t doubt traditional ‘medicine’) – love your dogs too, what kind are they? The pictures make me think… Finland looks like a beautiful place to call home.

TOfan – they say the eyes are the window to the soul. David’s are clear and bright, and the expression on his face is so peaceful…

thank you feather4archuleta for that video

27. vermeer says:

refnaf (((hugs))) to you, and beebee, TOfan, and anyone who stumbled onto David in their time of sorrow, the timing is something that does give you pause to ponder and we’ll probably never know how things happen, but here we are, his fans, still following him after more than two years. There’s no letting up!

Embe, and of course big hugs to you too. Great to read in one place the snippets you’ve given us here and there at different times, and more. TOfan, you are one smart woman for asking Embe to contribute as a writer! I’m going to go listen to the original Finnish version of BSMS now. I cried listening to the cellcast!

embe, what a touching life story you have shared.
    I love how you describe your mother’s battle against cancer as a triumph, how she fought and earned that victory. She sounds like an amazing woman.

I don’t know if any of us will ever be able to completely understand how a humble, unassuming 16-yr-old on a reality tv show took hold of our hearts and a part of our souls with such veracity.

And for those who listened, as beebee said ” It was as if they literally SCREAMED in my ear “Yes, GO THERE. GO THERE.” … we have been blessed beyond measure.

Embe, it was such a pleasure to read your very heartfelt and beautiful story. I am so impressed with David’s international fans (and all of his fans) and their dedication and appreciation from all corners of the world. David has a way of uniting us all, wherever we may be. I am so glad that you are one of many who found some solace and strength with David and his music. There are so many wonderful stories out there, all inspired by this incredible artist and human being called David Archuleta! I know for myself I found David’s voice to be very healing. I lost a friend to illness back in 2008 so like others we all found a place in our hearts for David and he filled us up.
    I often refer to David as my little, sweet, soulful stress reliever. That’s exactly what he does for me (among other wonderful things).
    The first time I heard the song BSMS was from David in a video from a Church meeting. I instantly fell in love with it and of course the way David puts himself into the song is pretty much beyond words. I didn’t know that the song’s origin was from Finland, kind of special I would
    say!
    Thanks for sharing the videos, pics and your very sweet and well written story. David’s fans definitely do rock and we rock from all corners of the earth, pretty wonderful! I’m sure your COS will arrive soon and it will be worth the wait, think we can all guarantee that.

From last thread

JR – thanks for the lyrics, I’m liking P and A too, though the oh oh oh’s in NAVGL are contagious. Up in the air spacy David for MTV, what a picture it brings to mind. Do you think David has ‘leaked’ his own new single? I’m thinking that he is letting us hear some close to his heart, that may not make it to the CD.

31. vermeer says:

awestruck, David said in one of his most recent interviews that he already knows which song is the new single. I can’t imagine he would leak the new single when there is a release day coming up. That would spoil it. We know how he doesn’t appreciate leaks! I am imagining that he is sharing the ones he is lobbying for because he feels close to them and knows they have a great potential for a pop album unlike the ones that he’s said he loves that won’t make it to the album (probably because they are not pop enough). All speculation lol!

I love NAVGL. Without thinking about the lyrics, the melody alone feels good, it feels like David to me, not to mention it is super catchy. I love PandA too and the lyrics feel like David.

• awestruck says:

Yes vermeer I remember that now and it makes sense. I really don’t think he’d spoil the surprise. What about ‘If I Could Only Be’? For me I think I need to hear it again…

32. embe says:

Hanne: Hello to you too! So nice to meet a fellow Scandinavian Archie (though it has been argued whether or not Finland is actually a part of Scandinavia lol)! I’m very happy for you, that you got to meet David and see him live in concert 🙂 I’m trying to stay confident that I WILL meet him – it just takes a lot of patience, of course.

And yes, I’m on Facebook and on Twitter. My Twitter is MojoPlant and on Facebook you should find me by the name Emmi Ahonen, Jämsä, Finland. Hope to “see” you there soon ❤

crownjewel: Thank you for taking the time to read my story and comment on it too ❤ Means a lot to me. And an even bigger thank you for welcoming me into your home. You have a huuuge heart, really ❤ And it's at the beach! So cool! Your daughters are about my age – I just turned 24.

beebee: I'm so sorry for your enormous loss 😦 You are so strong to have gone through all that, hugs to you ❤ And yes, I'm sure there is a higher power that has shown us the way to David and led David to us.

TOfan: I'll make a special vihta for you and send it to you immediately! Midsummer day is this Friday in Finland – it's a magical holiday and there are all sorts of rituals that come with it. Vihta is a huge part of it, too, and you simply can't spend Midsummer without going to the sauna 🙂

refnaf: Thank YOU for reading my story. I'm kinda like David in a sense that I love writing but I'm a bit unsure of whether it's any good. But now that I see my story has had an impact on all of you, it encourages me to write more.

I'm very, very sorry about your situation. I wish you strength and peace of heart and hope that David's music will help you ❤

awestruck: I'm glad that my description of David's voice touched you. It's so hard to explain how his voice works, really, as it's so effortless and sometimes I wonder if he has any control over it – like if his voice is such a powerful force, it just does whatever it pleases without David having to think about it at all. Such a beautiful thing ❤

raelovingangels: Your words feel like a hug. Thank you for saying that. And I find it amusing how I've received many comments about being "adorable" etc 😀 I feel like a little girl now. It's quite comforting, actually ❤ And I'm glad you also liked the way I see/hear/feel David's voice. It's magical.

awestruck: Finland is a beautiful country. The country of thousands of lakes, as they say. I just hate the super freezing winters, 'cause they last so long and are really dark. In Christmas time it's nice, but after that I'm just begging for summer.

My dogs salute you 😛 Sebastian, the big white one, is a spinone. It's an old Italian breed. He is very calm, very laid-back and way too nice for his own good, since he never ever hurts ANYONE and doesn't defend himself lol. Right now he is very excited, as he found a new friend; a hedgehog. It lives in our garden and eats Sepa's food when he's not looking. Sepa spends all nights sitting a few feet away from the hedgehog and just stares at it. I'm not sure what the purpose of that is.

Lugo, the small, black one, is a rescue dog from Spain. He was apparently abandoned when he was born, and spent the first 6 months of his life in the streets. He lived with 2 other dogs – they were all found curled up next to eachother, sleeping. They all have found homes in Finland 🙂 Lugo is a little rascal sometimes – he teases Sepa a lot. He barks at Sepa and annoys him if he's trying to sleep, 'cause he just wants to play. Despite the huge difference in size, they wrestle eachother quite roughly. It might look a bit violent if you don't know them 😀

Wow, I just wrote a whole new story there lol.

vermeer: I am so very flattered ❤ Thank you. Hugs to you too – I hope you get something out of the Finlandia Hymni even if you don't understand a word of the lyrics.

emmegirl: Thank you ❤ My mom was indeed amazing. I'm so glad I can share her story about courage and strength and hopefully it will help someone in a similar situation.

peppertara: ❤ I, too, have read many stories about how David came to people's lives in tough times. He's just so genuine in his spirit and something about him makes you so peaceful, you'd trust him with your life.

Embe, Whole New Story FTW!!! Loved hearing about your dogs, what an international “family” you have there! And hedgehogs? How cool, we don’t have those in our gardens, in Toronto anyway. lol

Can’t wait for my vihta! lol Happy Midsummer Day & happy reading!!! 🙂

33. embe says:

Oh, and I GOT MY COS TODAY!!!!!!!!!! I immediately called my fiance at work and squealed like a pig! He laughed at me, but was happy for me ’cause he knows how I’ve almost camped next to the mailbox. “Outside in my rope” wouldn’t be too far from the truth 😛

And IT IS SIGNED BY DAVID. IT HAS BEEN IN HIS HANDS. I’m going to smell it. Not even kidding.

34. jackryan4DA says:

Woo-hoo EMBE! Hmmm, you got your book so we won;t be hearing from you for a day or two?

Enjoy it my dear. Please check your email 🙂

35. jackryan4DA says:

BYU-ID I-Comm posted a slideshow of CONCERT PIX on their site but looking through slideshows w/o music, esp wrt David, feels weird so I used PANDA as background and played around with a couple of his pix

Enjoy!

And I dunno if it has been posted — but no one should miss the ever generous jen b’s collection of David pix:

36. Marlie7 says:

embe: Congratulations on your article! I love how much you love David – and I’m so glad you got your copy of the book, finally! No more tip-toeing around sites hoping no one spoils it for you 😉

{{{vermeer, Marlie7, JR}}} *group hug*!

Sort of off-topic: You’ve gotta read this great review of the Idaho show by a 28-year-old guy from the Rexburg Standard Journal (despite his subhead, “Archuleta craze not irrational” 😆 No kidding!):

And here’s a video (thanks, cristobalite4126) that combines the closeup vid from feather4archuleta with the audio from annalisasinger84:

39. Cathy says:

Haha! Thanks, Embe! I realized I never thought of smelling my signed book!

=====>>>> runs to sniff book! 🙂

TOfan – great article, thanks for posting. Another one bites the dust! (Think he will go to another Archuleta concert?)

41. jackryan4DA says:

TOFan – I have been re-tweeting and forwarding that article. I like me some Tony Potter 🙂

Anw, found that KSL has a full coverage of David’s SLC UT Book Signing. It is over 10 min so I split them to 2 for YT purposes:

19a DA @ COS Blitzkrieg w/ KSL’s Full Coverage: SLC, UT – CRUSH & GBTBR

19b DA @ COS Blitzkrieg w/ KSL’s Full Coverage: SLC, UT – BOOK SIGNING

That completes my playlist on David’s COS Blitzkrieg

And the winner of the Hush Cats Contest is: *drumroll*

djafan!!!!

Congrats, dja, please email snowangelzcanada@gmail.com with your mailing address to receive your prize!

p.s. There will also be a prize for the first person to correctly guess the translation of embe’s Finnish tags!

awestruck – I am seriously LOL-ing at your confusion over how many / where you ordered all your COS books. Hahahaha I especially like the “ps. hubby only thinks I’ve got one copy.” Hahahahaha.

embe – I am sooo happy you got your book! (I smelt mine too/ How weird is that? I wanted to see if I could smell the sharpie, but I could only smell the new book smell).

TOfan – I have saved so many versions of BSMS to my youtube favourites because I don’t really have time to watch them all and erase the worser quality ones (and they seemed to get better and better!). But when I saw the feather4archuleta one I was blown away and HAD to stop and watch it. Amazing. And then I was sure that was going to be the best, when you then post the remixed audio/video one. Haha. But man, that performance is beautiful. I did not realize until the HD one that he was already kinda choked up when he was giving his little monologue at the beginning <3333333

Oh and I am not even going to try to guess what the tags mean. Haha.

LOL, abanana. I know, BSMS overload, hahaha. (awestruck, also LOLing at “my hubby thinks I got 1 copy!” :lol:)

And this made my day, from @frogcooke, it’s the signed COS she won as a prize in the AOL Something Pitchy contest:

frogcooke book

And here’s the whole story behind it from interviewer @gabydunn’s tweets:

LOL I’m still laughing thinking about it. Okay so, we hand him the book and he’s so used to making inscriptions out to people that he automatically writes “To:”

But then freaks out that he ruined the book because we obviously don’t know the name of the winner yet so he’s very apologetic and is like “Uh, oh no! What should I do?!”

And we’re all pretty much dying laughing and my co-worker jokes, “Just put ‘Insert Name Here’.”

Well, everyone else gets that it’s a joke but David accepts that and literally writes that inside the book, satisfied that he’s fixed his mistake.

After studying it for a sec, he draws a line above it so the person can fill in their name and is like “Fixed!”

*dying*

45. embe says:

JR: I would sooo kiss you if you were here ❤ And no, I can't stay away from other Archies for long, so I will be around even though I received my COS 😉

I've actually read almost half of it in one sitting – I love it so much ❤

About smelling it – maybe it's because I reeeally want to, but I'm pretty sure my copy has the faintest scent of baby powder…

To all of you; you have no idea how happy your comments have made me. Seriously. Thank you ever so much for your beautiful words and support. KIITOS ❤

TOfan: Wow, so cool that you turned my tags into a contest! Here's a special message to you, my friend: sää olet aivan loistava tyyppi ja toivon, että tapaan sut livenä kun tulen Amerikkaan ❤

46. stenocruiser says:

Many years ago during WWII, in my grade school here in Canada (yes, I am that old), we were taught a lovely song, one of many patriotic songs that were often sung in our classes during those times. Our teacher told us the melody was based on a song called “Finlandia” but that these words could apply to any country where the people were undergoing the terrible effects of the war on their homeland. Somehow, over these many, many years I have retained at least the first verse in my memory. I guess it made such an impact as we were safe and sound in our country while others were suffering through the horrors of war and occupation by the enemy. This is the verse I still recall.

Dear land of home, to thee our hearts are holden
    By loyal love of each familiar scene
    Thy mountains guard the fields of grain all golden
    Thy rivers flow through meadows of green,
    Thy mountains guard the fields of grain all golden
    Thy rivers flow through meadows of green.

I had not heard the beautiful Sibelius melody since the war ended until June 2008 when David sang Be Still My Soul at the youth meeting. His glorious voice was so powerful and prayerful it gave me chills and brought back so many memories. Of course, I had been a fan of David since his audition aired in February 2008 and it was thrilling to hear him sing this hymn which had at some point been set to the Finlandia music. Now again, we heard him sing it at Rexburg, even more beautifully and with so much joy and gratitude. We are blessed indeed.

Embe – how very, very, very nice that you have received your autographed COS all the way over on the other side of this planet while I, living only 50 miles from the American border, still await mine – how strange. Thank heaven I already have two copies of the book, sans autograph of course, and am on my fourth reading, I have just now called Bookends to be sure mine is on its way (it`s on my Visa invoice) and the girl said she would have someone check into it but in the meantime she would set aside one of the couple of remaining autographed copies just in case (what a lovely girl is Carol).

Embe, can`t tell you how much I have enjoyed your comments on many different sites over these many months. You have certainly joined the ranks of all the amazing writers who are fans of our David.

47. SandyBeaches says:

Embe…This is a wonderful article, so very different and it has brought with it commenters from other countries and that is itself fantastic to see.

I believe that our dear “TOfan” should make a copy of this and the comments because I know how much David would appreciate all that you have said and all of the comments as well. He is excited just like we are, to read what is written from fans all over the world and this should be saved for him. You see Tofan we will be in SLC on that fanvention and he could be given it then!! Always look to the future with David.

There is so much to read here and I have to go back and read again but this is an epic article including the comments…I love it when it is worldly and for these moments, away from ourselves.

Embe…I know that you will find a special place to keep David’s book and I can tell you that it will require a few readings because just like his songs (Imagine as an example), you can find new thoughts each time that you read his book or hear him sing…

I also lost my mother the same way that you have when I was 21. As horrific a loss as it is, when you have other family members and good friends you can move on. You are fortunate because there are some great people here who will always be wonderful friends.

SB from Canada

48. embe says:

stenocruiser: WOW. I am so amazed by your story! I feel a connection with you ❤ Thank you for your kind words – I don't feel worthy of all the praise.

David's performance of Be Still My Soul – or rather his prayer – has affected so many people, and I'd like to think the beautiful melody also reflects the message of the song, no matter what the lyrics are.

To show you what purpose the Finlandia hymn serves for us Finns, here are the Finnish lyrics and the English translation.

Oi Suomi, katso, sinun päiväs' koittaa,
    yön uhka karkoitettu on jo pois,
    ja aamun kiuru kirkkaudessa soittaa
    kuin itse taivahan kansi sois'.
    Yön vallat aamun valkeus jo voittaa,
    sun päiväs' koittaa, oi synnyinmaa.

Oi nouse, Suomi, nosta korkealle
    pääs' seppelöimä suurten muistojen,
    oi nouse, Suomi, näytit maailmalle
    sa että karkoitit orjuuden
    ja ettet taipunut sa sorron alle,
    on aamus' alkanut, synnyinmaa.

Finland, behold, your day has now come dawning;
    Banished is night, its menace gone with light,
    Larks’ song again in morning-brightness ringing,
    Filling the air to heaven's great height,
    And morning's glow, night's darkness overcoming;
    Your day is come, o my native land.

O Finland, rise, stand proud, the future facing,
    Your valiant deeds recalling, once again;
    O Finland rise, in the world's sight erasing
    From your fair brows vile slavery's stain.
    You were not broken by oppressors ruling;
    Your morning's come, o my native land.

SandyBeaches: I can't believe our experiences are so alike. I am so sorry that you've had to go through such a terrible tragedy. The feeling of inadequacy when you can't help the one you love the most is truly heart-breaking, and nothing will ever mend one's soul after such experience.

I remember how, after three years of agony, anger, devastation and hurt, when my mom went to heaven, it was the first time in those three years that I could exhale.

With the help of my family and my dear friends I was able to keep moving forward, when at times it felt like my feet were stuck in tar. It's something that damages you, but in the end, you have to believe it will make you stronger. You have to.

49. SandyBeaches says:

Embe…It does make one stronger and what you see following the loss is what is really important and David truly has that same vision and I love that about him.

After losing my mother at a young age, I have taken on the feelings that I could stand in front of thousands like David does and perhaps give a speech and not worry very much about it because I once took part in something much more important to care about.

We have felt the same and the pain of the loss weakens in time but it never leaves you we know. Over the last few years we have been wonderfully blessed and I think that it started one night with a song!

SB

50. HopeUDance2 says:

Embe, I am mostly a lurker, but I just had to respond to your story. It brought me to tears, actually. I am so sorry you lost your Mom at such a young age. To lose a loved one over a three year period is so very very hard. I myself am a breast cancer survivor and because of this I try to live every day as fully as I can. When David sings, it is very healing and I think the people that most need that are drawn to him and to websites like this (and others sites too. Yes , I visit many!). I am a shy person, but I have come out of my shell somewhat because of David and the wonderful people on these sites.
    Also I just want to say, Embe that I am amazed at your command of English. You would never know that English is not your first language. I also think that you are an excellent writer! You are funny and clever and I enjoy your posts. I also love the title of this article, “A David Archuleta Fan to the Finnish”.

And I am so happy you finally got the book!! “Good things come to those who wait”.

And Hello to everyone at snowangelzz!!!
    I followed Embe over here!

51. embe says:

SB: A huuuuuuge hug to you ❤ Do you live in America? When I make my trip to the US, I'd love to meet you.

HopeUDance2: There have been many comments about how my story brought people to tears, and while I don't want to upset anyone, I'm honoured that I was able to touch you with my words.

I admire you so much for surviving such a terrible war with the devil that is cancer. It's so unfair and frustrating to see all these amazing people getting ill, and in some cases to see their spirit breaking. I would give anything to relieve the pain of all those affected by cancer. I hope no one has to go through it alone.

And wow, thank you very much for complimenting my use of the English language. All these comments are really making me blush! I was actually introduced to English when my big brother showed me his English books. I was in first grade (he is 4 years older) and found it so cool that there were other languages to communicate with. In Finland English is taught from third grade on, so when we finally got to study it, it wasn't new to me anymore. I've never actually studied English theory, you know, grammar and stuff – I learned most of it by watching tv. And who says The Bold and the Beautiful is a useless show! I also know Swedish and Spanish. Languages come naturally to me, but I s-u-c-k at math. And history. And geography, which is ironic considering I'm a travel service professional 😛

Oh gosh, why do I always have to write such long posts!

52. HopeUDance2 says:

Embe,
    I hate to admit this, but you write better English than many Americans!! Sorry to say!!
    I don’t mind your long posts at all. You are a breath of fresh air. And thank you for the video of the “Finlandia Hymni”. It was beautiful!

{{{stenocruiser}}} Have missed you!!!

Embe, never worry about a long post, love every word!!!

And a big welcome to HopeUDance2!!! Love your screen name!

And after much nail biting a BYU My Hands video has finally surfaced, thanks to 8throwcenter!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• HopeUDance2 says:

Thank you TOfan, I wanted a screen name that came from a song that had a really good message and that wasn’t too long. So from the Leann Womack song, “I Hope You Dance”, came my name. And I DO love to dance. Anyone tried Zumba? Love it!

Great to see all the international fans here!

I spent today with my sisters, making funeral arrangements for my brother who took his own life on the weekend. I was not planning on sharing this but David’s latest rendition of BSMS came the very day we heard the news and has helped me so much. It’s like he can feel all our collective pain and expresses it and helps me get out. This is a really tough time for me, but I am thankful that I can share it here…. you are all the best♥

• embe says:

I’m so, so very sorry for your loss 😦 You are such a brave person, and the fact that you had the courage to share this tragedy with us is admirable ❤ Hugs and strength to you ❤

{{{{ref}}}} hang in there, kiddo. Glad you know you are not alone. ♥♥♥

55. jackryan4DA says:

My dearest refnaf,

Prayers to you and your family. Am so sorry for your loss.

refnaf, sincerest sympathy in the loss of your brother. I too will have you and yours in my prayers.

(((refnaf))) So sorry to hear about your brother. I can not even imagine what you and you family are going through. I am glad David managed to ease the pain a little during this tough time. I will also have you in my prayers <33333

58. vermeer says:

refnaf, I am at a loss for words for such a tragic loss in the family. Thank you for sharing. ((hugs))

refnaf…I am very sorry for your loss too, my sincerest kind wishes and prayers to you and your family. BSMS can definitely have a calming and peaceful effect for sure. David sings that song with such love and reverence and all who are privileged to hear it are really blessed. Much peace to you.

60. archiesfan4life says:

{{{{{{{refnaf}}}}}} my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

61. josie says:

Dearest refnaf – I pray you can find comfort any way you and your family can. Know that you are in my heart right now. BSMS from Saturday night is a place to start and hopefully your David friends are too. Much love to you sweet friend. Xo

62. stenocruiser says:

Oh, refnaf — I can relate to how you are feeling having lost one of my brothers this way many years ago. We are left with unanswered questions and have difficulty finding comfort. Thank God for family and friends to see us through. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this time and I know that David and his beautiful music will continue to strengthen you as it did me with my more recent losses. God bless you and please know you are in my prayers.

63. emilyluvsarchie says:

refnaf, I’m so sorry for your loss. You’re in my prayers. emily

64. SandyBeaches says:

Dear refnaf, as always it is a shock to hear of the sudden passing of a family member and the days are difficult. We share in your sorrow and in your tears. We will think of you often in the days ahead.

Take care good friend,

SB

(((refnaf))) I am so sorry for loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Brenda

refnaf – for you

A Time of Sorrow

In our time of deepest sorrow
    We turn to the familiar for comfort
    Our family, our friends, our spiritual leader
    To help us get through the tomorrow

We struggle for an answer
    To even one of those many questions
    In the wake of a tragedy unimaginable
    To render us heart sore with its power

Does God feel our pain?
    Why now, why us, why me we’ll ask
    Over and over in an effort to make sense
    And to what gain?

Our senses are now numb
    And a blinding sorrow grips us
    Until we cry out, lash out,
    Mind and heart struck dumb

It may never be clear as to why
    This has happened in the way it has
    In the end to accept without reason
    Never to know but not because we didn’t try

Time will heal the wound and stop it from seeping
    Memories to keep us close
    To finally accept and find peace
    But the occasional time it will not keep us from weeping

Never to forget

67. janey says:

{{{hugs}}}

68. jackryan4DA says:

I spoke too soon 🙂 2 more vids added to COS Blitzkrieg:

BOOK SIGNING @ REXBURG, ID

I recognize jwipe!

FULL INTERVIEW OF DAVID W/ JASON MATHESON OF FOX9, MOA MN

Book Tour pages for related videos have been updated.

The full 39-HD vid playlist on the COS Blitzkrieg:

Hope u guys are not getting tired of my vid posting LOL

JR, thanks! no, keep ’em coming! (And I’m LOLing at the BYU commentator’s “his infamous contagious smile” … that’s how devastating it is, it’s downright infamous. 😆 )

NEVER – JR – NEVER

70. Zoe says:

{{{{Refnaf}}}}

I am heartbroken for your tragic loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. In the coming days I hope you find solace in the love and support of family, friends and faith, and that as time passes, your memories of the good years shared with your brother will comfort you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

71. Zoe says:

{{{{Embe}}}}

I have just now had the opportunity to read your beautifully expressed, poignant and uplifting article. Such a loving tribute to your beloved, brave mother and to the healing powers of one David James. It is truly a blessing that so many have found comfort, joy, healing and hope from this remarkable young man.

Here’s to you, Embe, and to your indomitable spirit! I hope somehow, someway, you will someday get to meet…”the most amazing creature on the face of the Earth. Mr. “I’m David. I like music.”

You are certainly one of his most devoted, deserving and delightful fans!

Embe, just wanted to thank you again for being brave enough to post your experiences (and to do so so beautifully!), and also to thank everyone else who shared their personal stories.

and Zoe, you are so right, “It is truly a blessing that so many have found comfort, joy, healing and hope from this remarkable young man.”

Don’t want to go all soft on you all, but the way David’s fans can celebrate and squee and cheer together but also share their private trials and sorrows and support one another warms my heart to no end.

73. embe says:

Zoe: I read your words with tear-filled eyes. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my story and for commenting on it so beautifully ❤

TOfan: Thank YOU. I would've never thought of this if it wasn't for you. Thank you for asking me to write this story and for believing in my capabilities to do it well.

Folks, everyone that has read or commented on my story – I humbly thank you. I have found home ❤

Two newsflashes:

1) Just had a 5.7 earthquake here in Toronto (apparently felt all the way to Montreal and Vermont) … lasted about 20 seconds. Freaky.

2) David’s added another book signing: In Las Vegas on July 7th at Deseret Books… hope it’s the 1st of many more!!!!

TOfan, did the earthquake do any damage???

Scary!

Back on the west coast for another book signing… wonder why they wouldn’t book one out east as he is going to be there for the 4th of July.

Haven’t heard of any yet. Didn’t you guys have hurricane warnings the other day?? Yikes.

You’re right, some east … esp. northeast … signings would have made sense. hmmm

• awestruck says:

Hurricane idk, but we did have a huge funnel cloud spotted just north of Calgary… didn’t touch down though.

The music “store” is now up & running at DA.com:

um, this is the “major news” we’ve been waiting for. 😆

(((((((snowangelz)))))))))
    I appreciate the warmth, care and e hugs from you all so much I can’t even say. Thank you for allowing me space to unburden♥

embe I am so glad that sharing your story here has been a blessing for you, and glad you feel home.

TOfan!!! Earthquake!!! I did not feel it here, wowzers, what a week in TO!ha!

(((JR))) keep posting vids!! please!

Is the music store the *news*??? hmmm.

79. archiesfan4life says:

I thought it was time to have a picture – so I am testing to see if I know what I am doing:).

80. SandyBeaches says:

It is truly amazing how so many things happen at one time from joy to sorrow to nature shaking the earth beneath us.

I remember just a few weeks ago when TOfan had to amuse us with all that was left and that was her humor and imagination, thank you TOfan. There were no videos, no news, no sightings hardly at all. The stage was bare…

A big gathering of friends is a very good thing. Let’s see where we go next..

SB

81. silverfox says:

Embe…GREAT article! A little bit of laughter, some tears, & a whole lot of love all rolled into one very entertaining True Story! I’m happy and not surprised David was instrumental in giving you some peace after the loss of your mom. He has done and continues to do the same for so many, many people.

BTW, you my dear, ARE a writer. And you couldn’t find a more loving home than here with the Snow Angelz. 😀

Refnaf {{{{HUGS}}}} Love & Peace to you and your family.

82. sweetonDA says:

renaf, I actually saw your comment at Juleemom’s blog. I knew I’d find you here. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one in this manner. Please know my prayers and love are with you and your family.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Embe, love your post and have enjoyed your comments at many of the sites. I too hope someday you will be able to meet this amazing young man. It is a life changing experience.

Also, a big HI to all my other Canadian friends. I thought I was going to be up your way this summer, but so far life has been putting up barriers. Still trying to get there. BTW, what is the best month to visit so it’s warmer. I’ll have my mom with me and she can’t take too much cold right now.

PEACE, Love and Parachutes and Airplanes FTW.

83. sweetonDA says:

*lose*

Even proof reading wasn’t enough to catch that one 🙂

84. SandyBeaches says:

sweetonDA…It is never too warm here, we live in igloos all year round! Just kidding, but years ago that is what some folk thought so we still joke about it.

It is warm in June, hot in July around 80-90 degrees or more and August and September through to October are beautiful months when the humidity and extreme heat are gone. But it depends on where you are going to travel as there is a little more rain in some places and more heat in others.

We have the Rocky mountains, huge forests, thousands of lakes, rivers, beautiful valleys and beaches on the coastal provinces.

I hope that you do make the trip someday!

SB

Hey, SF & sweetonDA!!! *waves* SB is right, just like Finland 🙂 the summer’s here can get REAL hot, so fall might be your best bet. Let us know if you do!

And thought I’d solve the mystery of Embe’s Finnish tags, here’s the translation:

1) “Davidin hymy voisi sulattaa Lapin” = “David’s smile could melt Lapland”

And
    2) “David Archuleta – pliis tule Suomeen, jos ei mun niin Joulupukin takia” = “David Archuleta please come to Finland, if not for me then for Santa Claus”

😆

Saw the news about the earthquake, very glad that no one (it appears) was injured. Scary stuff though!
    Wish the inward rumblings of the earth could feel the love and peace from David’s voice just as we feel it as it calms our inward rumblings! Then again, maybe it does. Things on the planet could be even worse if it weren’t for good shining souls like David and others being here.

Love Embes tags! Thanks for the translation Tofan, I was wondering about them.

I don’t think that the music store on David’s site is the major news (could be wrong though). It’s good news but don’t think it’s major. They still have the “Major news coming next week” announcement on his sites. The concensus out there seems to be that this is not the news. Who knows though but maybe with the music store up, the major news will be an earlier release of his single? Well, just a bit of wishful thinking I guess.
    His music store only seems to be for U.S. residents anyway, don’t consider that major news for Canadians or fans from anywhere else, lol.

Refnaf…just want to say that I wish you all the best and the same to anyone else who is going through a very emotional, tough experience in life. We all have to deal with them from time to time. Thank god for little miracles and blessings, David being one of them.

87. embe says:

silverfox: I am at loss for words. Your comment and the many, many others that have been posted are like a giant, warm hug. Thank you so very much ❤ ❤

sweetonDA: You most definitely ARE sweet ❤ Thank you 🙂

TOfan: So, ya finally gave up, huh 😀 Kidding. Finnish is a tough language to translate, and we don't use literary language when we speak, so you can't really find equivalents for slang words in the dictionary. But, most importantly, Finnish is the second most difficult language in the world! Yay. I think the most difficult was Chinese.