Mystery solved … um, one anyhow!

We all love a good mystery to pit our wits against, a puzzle to solve, an enigma to unravel to experience the thrill of it, the twists and turns, and, finally, that “a-ha” moment, the definitive answer.

Life is mysterious. There are amusing mysteries, mysteries that define generations…

…and then there are the grand mysteries…

~  Is there a Fountain of Youth?
~  Will we cure cancer?
~  Can we achieve immortality?
~  Can we create artificial life?
~  Where is the soul?
~  Is there other intelligent life in the universe?
~  Can we travel through time?

…and…

~  Is David Archuleta for real?

I mean, even his Idol Alum pal, Brooke White, in her recent blog muses that he is “super human.”

And, we now have at least this grand mystery of life solved, for “Chords of Strength” and, this past week the BYU-Idaho 5-Part Interview, say it all.  In his own words “who” he is and “why” he does what he does is stated with authentic simplicity revealing all the answers on what we’ve mused about over the last couple of years.  And, the “how” he attributes to his receipt of a gift, hard work, perseverance and his deep faith.

So what’s next?

We are now on to another puzzle, a cool puzzle, a seriously joyfully fun puzzle….

What artistic delights will David create next?

For the mystery is no longer WHO or WHY or even IF.

• Taken seriously.
  • Platinum selling artist.
  • New York Times Best Selling Author.
  • Forbes Top Teen Celebrity Entrepreneur.
  • ….and, the achievements go on and on and on.

Make no mistake about it.  A  huge, significant milestone has been reached.  For the potential of what we saw two years ago, has been acknowledged by a greater audience and the most amazing thing is that that potential is just being tapped.  The best is yet to come for years! Freakin’ amazing to be on this trip together, to be in the early days, eh?

Gee, look who's front and centre! (from http://www.tejanomusicawards.com)

Yep, the mystery now is WHEN and WHAT.

…WHEN is the new music to be released?  WHEN is the next performance?  WHEN is the next tour, interview, blog, vlog, award, recognition… WHEN is the next WHAT… LOL *with glee*

…WHAT form? WHAT content? WHAT sound? WHAT’s next?????

Yep. Yep. Yep.  Just.  WHEN? And.  WHAT?

Now there’s a mystery that resides smack dab in the middle of the land of giddy anticipation, joyful excitement, and great expectations.

Time to…Celebrate! Celebrate!  Dance to the music!

kizzi

This entry was posted in Fan experience, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Mystery solved … um, one anyhow!

1. Trish says:

BRILLIANT !!!!

“The best is yet to come for years!” <== Yes !!! for years 🙂

"Freakin’ amazing to be on this trip together"<==Amazing !! Loved every minute and can't wait to see what's next !! <3<3<3 David and his fans are the BESTEST !!!

Thanks so much for the post !!!

Kizzi, dang you, as if I wasn’t excited enough!!!! LOLOL

Trish, yes, to be on this trip together is soooo cool.

And bringing this over from end of last thread:

Random: I’m only now able to watch the Elevate vids (they wouldn’t load on my old computer) but I’ve had them (& the book signing songs) on repeat on my iPod. (confession: a little too addicted to “The. Way. You. Move. Ain’t. Fair. Ya Know.”)

So just now able to appreciate the live performance (and, beebee, the lyrics “the front lobe of my left side brain” 😯 ) and what he says at the very end, “Thank you, thank you very much. I’m not Elvis though. heheh.” 😆 😆

• Kizzi says:

TOfan – I can’t believe the level of anticipation and excitement for tonight and for the new music.

I just have to say that David has added the runs and melisma to his recent music that is pure ambrosia to the heart and soul. Ear candy! I was hoping he’d add more of this. It was what made his live AI performances different from his Studio Recordings for me. There is a fine line of using this technique…have to keep us wanting more of it. He seems to be capturing the fine art of meting out his runs/melisma just right!

3. beebee says:

*SpAzZZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzzz!*

KizziKizzi, LURRRRVE your post!

Is he real? *pinches self*

No idea, but just so grateful to be able to see it all unfold. (Wait. Have I just been dreaming all of this? An imaginary two-plus years? lol Who killed J.R.? …kikiki)

I am t.o.a.s.t. 🙂 (How do you people articulate any more? lol. The only setting on my dial is *spazz* and it’s been that way a looooong time.)

TOfan…. jez can’t get away from that GRAY MATTER can we? Oh and boyhowdy do I ADORRRE his Hey Soul Sister so baaaaaaad! Yowza! (…it ain’t fair, ya know…)

I also revisit “No Air” a lot jez for thrills… 🙂

*spazzzzz*

• Kizzi says:

Miss Beebee – I must meet you one day. It’s one of my goals for 2010/2011.

I LURRRRVE your writings, art, and “blitherings.” 😀

I can’t wait to read your tweets tonight.

You Rock

“How do you people articulate any more?” LOLOL… you’re kidding right? 😆

and Kiz, you want to meet ms. beebs? Get in line! ’tis a long one!!!

Silverfox’s post from last thread…..

********************

Refnaf..all I can say is…Thank you!!!

I feel such a kinship with you, TOfan & SB since our little road trip from Philly to AC! It’s kind of like a dream now…

Reading your recap made me feel I was right there with you, made me WISH I had been there with you. Then I think…WHAT? Am I nuts? Well, yes. A little I guess, because believe me, if I coulda, I woulda & shoulda been there!

So bring on the next Tour! The way I see it, time has a way of slipping through our fingers, never to return again. Last year & all the traveling, concerts, VIPs & fan get-togethers are but a beautiful, forever in our hearts memory, but this is a new day, a new time & new horizons we will be sharing again with David on his magnificent journey. Just when I began to think it’s time to step back a little, HE goes & jump-starts my heart & soul again! How does he do that? How does this man reach out over the miles to my corner of the universe to make me look forward to, like his song lyrics, what my life has in store with HIM in it?

SB, Kizzi..a Utah David Fanvention sounds like a winner to me!

{{{SF}}}
      That road trip was short but soooo sweet! And I’ll never forget, at the Prov. VIP, you getting your pic taken then quietly walking away & David having to call you back with a “Where are you from?” So cute.

“Bring on the next Tour!” Yesssss!!!!!

• Kizzi says:

Ah, SF, a FanVention would be so much fun. We could plan such a menu of activities. Once the tour is announced we have to put our collective heads together and make it so.

So here’s to seeing you later this fall on the Tour! Maybe one will be in Kentucky, eh? 😀

5. SandyBeaches says:

Kizzi…I loved your article, so refreshing and up to the minute. Have those Canadian adoption papers come throught yet??

Bravo to the first person in line in Rexburg…all the way from Ca-na-da…(as the Indian chief in the historical piece says it, Ka-naa-da.

So, you will know where to find me when he has his next concerts in Utah right?? It is a five day adventure…If you haven’t started a journal then maybe this is the day!

SB

• Kizzi says:

No adoption papers yet, SB. But I did get some Olympic Red Mittens and I’ve been told they are an acceptable substitute. Right? 😉

PS – Family’s skiing at Monte Sainte Anne this winter – can’t wait to use those red mittens

6. archiesfan4life says:

kizzi – what a great article! I must read it again – after tonight:). I am useless right now.

As I was hurrying to get some work done today, I suddenly realized that I had only one thought in my mind – I MUST be ready to join all my friends online tonight – LOL.

I.CAN’T.WAIT!!!!!!!

Kizzi – LOOOOVE your post. Kinda helps build up for tonight. The anticipation is killing me!

AH!

OK – random question: what is the time difference from Idaho to the maritimes? Haha 7:30 Idaho time is 10:30 AST? I should look this up…

OK I looked it up. It’s 2 hours to Ontario and 3 for the maritimes. Probably everyone else already knew that though 😛

LOL abanana, having trouble with timezones myself! *blushes*

And here’s David’s last Twitpic:

Wow, so cool! A moose with her calf! on Twitpic

@DavidArchie Wow, so cool! A moose with her calf!

Moose??? Okay, this proves it … he’s gotta be Canadian! 😆

TOfan – or at least that he should make a visit to Canada! Haha, we have lots of moose!

abanana77 – LOL on the time zones.

I get all *ahem* ‘moosed’ up when trying to calculate the differences. 😀

Did some one say road trip??? Fanvention??? Tour??? All of the above??? Yes please♥
    I just hope I survive this cellcast…
    ((Kizzi)) love this post… DAVID IS REAL!!!
    ((SF)) next time there is no way I am going with out you!!!!
    ((HUGS)) to all, I may be not around to much this week…. got some family issues, but I am sure looking forward to Rexburg vids!!!!

Spoiler alert!

A twitvid snippet of the new song “You’re Not a Very Good Liar” from tonight’s concert (thanks, @Roxanne!)

And from @juls10 (click to enlarge):

Baby hold onnnnn! on Twitpic

Works for me.. on Twitpic

Waiting for yesterday!! on Twitpic

Possible Spoilers:

2 Songs from last night that MAY make the album…David said he didn’t know what was on the album yet.

Parachutes & Airplanes

MP3 Download ——> HERE

Great Audio from StarryNites01: Parachutes & Airplanes (David dedicates to Claudia 😀 )

AND

You’re Not a Very Good Liar

Source: http://dafansitaly.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/rexburgidaho-video/

From StarryNites01 – great audio!

Be Still My Soul

Source: http://dafansitaly.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/rexburgidaho-video/

Download MP3 ——-> HERE

StarryNites – Be Still My Soul with introductory comments:

{{{Kizzi}}}

I listened to the cellcast last night and I can’t even imagine what it must have been like to be at that show ‘cuz I was a complete wreck afterwards … in a good way … I think.

New songs, the roaring love from that crowd, new songs, new songs … and Be Still My Soul … no words for that. Just pure love.

17. Abanana77 says:

I had to go to bed before the cell cast last night 😦 But I’m super excited to go home and watch some of these videos!

Be Still My Soul ❤

TOfan, it’s overwhelming. The passion from him, from the crowd, 2 great new songs, the voice, the love, and then Be Still My Soul. Almost too much to take. He is quite amazing in every way.

I just saw this pic (from Shelly) on Snarkies … he stayed after that *@!!!$$** show to sign???? To answer your question, kizzi, no way, he can’t possibly be for real … and yet he is:

after concert signing

20. beebee says:

You Attention Please:

#$!%^&(*$&%&$(^URP()P*^&^$&%&$%^&O7ialj;ahdglhjfa(*&%PfalfaP()P*^&oauo^&(*$&P*^&^$&(*&%lfkP*^&^$f;/ajsk^&(*&%faajflhaf!!!

And I MEAN IT.

*thud!*

{{{{beebee}}}}

You nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

#$!%^&(*$&%&$(^URP()P*^&^$&%&$%^&O7ialj;ahdglhjfa(*&%PfalfaP()P*^&oauo^&(*$&

is exactly right!!!!

FYI, I added a tab up top with the Rexburg setlist & vids & mp3s, will add more as they become available (*wishes for a MH vid*).

awesome audio & closeup YNAVGL vid from 8throwcenter:

And Canadian content alert! — acc. to @Juls10 (who chatted with Mike K. at the show), Mike cowrote this song with David. Nice!

And full download of the ENTIRE CONCERT HERE! (Thanks, @alliesings94!)

23. miasmom1 says:

This is actually a comment on the last post. I just wanted to say I am SOO excited to say I coincidentally met the lovely “refnaf” in SLC and I’m so glad I did. Funny how I posted one time on this site and about a week or so later found myself in a living room with her. Anyway, just wanted to say I loved your recap. I’ve been crazy busy with some volunteer stuff I do and am just now catching up on last night’s concert and oh what a joy it is catching up!!

Sooooooooooo I listened to the new songs! 😀
    Anyone else think Not a Very Good Liar sounds alot like Best Behaviour?? I like both of the new songs <333 But I think I prefer P&A (right now anyways, haha). It's been stuck in my head since I listened to it.

25. miasmom1 says:

OMG!! I thought the exact same thing.. sounded like Best Behavior. But NAVGL was written with Mike Krompass and BB with Matt Wertz, right?? Weird!!!

miasmom1 – I know, I thought it was weird that they were written with different people. Because they sound sooooo similar. But since the common denominator is David, I am taking it as a sign that alot of HIS idea are going into the songs.

Also – I do not like the name “Not a Very Good Liar”. It’s too much of a mouthful. I think if it makes the album they should change the name. then again, I did not like TMH and My Hands and they never changed that, haha

miasmom1, haha, very cool! Welcome!!!

Too funny, guys, I thought exactly the same thing. The tune & timing in the chorus for “… best be-ha-vior” and “very-good-li-ar” are almost the same … like both though. LOL

I think you’re right, abanana, a good sign that these are very much David songs … I thought certain lyrics were so very David, e.g. “I just wanna steal this moment right away from time” almost sounded like one of his tweets! lol

And “You’re Not a Very Good Liar” as a title reminds me of “A Little Too Not Over You” … hmmm. I’m liking both, but maybe as bonus tracks. *ducks*

Here’s Somebody Out There (frejul10):

and Don’t Let Go (frejul10)!

29. Lorna says:

This is a MUST listen. Monica’s recording of the whole concert – 1 hour 13 mins and 55 secs of pure bliss! The audio is incredible.

Thanks, Lorna!!!! And how cool is it that David got the crowd to sing along to YNAVGL, a brand new song?! … & I love the way P&A shows off what he can do vocally… ground, ground, ground, gr-ou-ound. Gahhhhh.

To Be With You (thanks, ShelleyFOD!)!

TOfan, and ShelleyFOD, thanks for that TBWY. Stunning, the song and the singer.

My, what a week it is has been of “torrential rains” coming out of the drought! So grateful for all the videos from the concert, just wonderful and an Mp3 of the entire concert, the best! New songs, one heck of a show by David….Be Still My Soul = Be still my heart. The reverence, the emotion, simply moving to the core. Listening to the cellcast was an experience I really delighted in but then all the videos and Mp3s afterwards, yes David’s fans definitely do rock. What is to come next….more new music, more phenomenal David and as Kizzi said…
    “The best is yet to come for years”! Amen to that.

33. jackryan4DA says:

My stab at the lyrics of PARACHUTES & AIRPLANES [am i displaying my preference of the two songs? 🙂 ]

There’s something crazy ’bout this day
    Like I’m walking on a trampoline
    I couldn’t get much higher

Ooohh, so if I ask you, would you stay?
    ‘Cause you remind me of a
    Ballerina dancin’ on a wire

And I don’t ever want to say goodbye
    I just want to steal this moment
    Right away from time

Refrain:
    What do you say when you can’t look down
    When you feel like you’re ten feet off the ground
    What do you do when you’re on the edge
    Now you’re here and you got me thinking ’bout
    Parachutes and airplanes
    Thinking about
    Parachutes and airplanes
    We’ll never hit the ground, ground, ground, ground

The world’s a thousand shades of blue
    Like we’re here in the kaleidoscope
    Don’t want it to be over

But everything that’s in my mind
    Is here right in front of my eyes
    And you’re the one who got me here

And I don’t ever want to say goodbye, oohhh
    I just want to steal this moment
    Right away from time

Refrain:
    What do you say when you can’t look down
    When you feel like you’re ten feet off the ground
    What do you do when you’re on the edge
    Now you’re here and you got me thinking ’bout
    Parachutes and airplanes
    Thinking about
    Parachutes and airplanes
    We’ll never hit the ground

Bridge:
    ‘Cause life gets hard sometimes
    And I just need a place to get away
    So turn the world around
    I’m never coming down
    ‘Cause I don’t ever wanna hit
    Don’t wanna hit the ground
    Ground, ground
    Ooohh
    I don’t wanna hit the ground (2x)
    Ooooooohhhhh

Refrain:
    What do you say when you can’t look down
    When you feel like you’re ten feet off the ground
    What do you do when you’re on the edge
    Now you’re here and you got me thinking ’bout
    Parachutes and airplanes
    Thinking about
    Parachutes and airplanes
    Yeah, yeah, woooah

{What do you say when you can’t look down
    When you feel like you’re ten feet off the ground}
    What do you do when you’re on the edge
    Now you’re here and you got me thinking ’bout
    Parachutes and airplanes
    Thinking about
    Parachutes and airplanes
    We’ll never hit the ground, ground, ground, ground
    Never hit the ground, ground, ground, ground

He is so sweet to dedicate it to Claudia 🙂

Nicely done Mr. Archuleta. Similar theme to ZG but different approach. Very radio-friendly, an ear-worm. And I reeeeeally like his rich falsetto in the refrain. Can you just imagine the MTV. Am getting giddy imagining the interplay of scribbles, drawings, cliffs, clouds, bubble thoughts and real-life David. My goodness the MTV for this should be fabulous!

Please JIVE — if this will be the single, please make a creative MTV for it, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaase.