Lava bombs of love for @DavidArchie

Full disclosure: I meant to post this earlier but got consumed by all the beautiful, supportive comments on David’s post today. I have blisters from liking so many of them.

My heart is full from seeing so much well-deserved love flowing his way.

Reading his post, I couldn’t be more proud to be a fan of his. I’m pretty sure, if you’re here, you feel the same way.

And I hope that sharing these very private struggles publicly is an important step in helping him fully love and accept everything about himself. I also hope he feels a weight’s been lifted off his shoulders.

What I read many times in so many comments was that his words helped people feel seen and may even help save lives. I hope that gives him strength to carry on, live his truth and find all the happiness he so deserves.

I just wish we were all at a concert of his tonight so we could cheer the roof off for him.

How about you guys?? Feel free to share. Or not. {{{{{{group hug}}}}}

This entry was posted in david archuleta, Special event and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Lava bombs of love for @DavidArchie

1. Pepper says:

Lava Bombs of love is right. ❤️ So pleased to see so many supportive comments for David, as it should be, after his beautiful, heartfelt, courageous post. Truly so moving. Can only imagine the struggles he has endured like so many…and yes, I have no doubt he has given strength to and inspired others by his sharing of his most personal feelings. Much love and respect for David and I also wish him all the peace and happiness he so rightly deserves. He really is a kind, brave, wise and beautiful soul.
    …and yes, if we were at a concert of his tonight, we would “cheer the roof off” for him! 💕

2. Harold Weinstein says:

To Fan
    You are absolutely right HE DOESN’T HAVE TO CHANGE A THING just accept who we LOVE.
    I only hope this soul can be still now! It’s like the day he proclaimed he was going on his mission. I only hope he feels your love fir him in out words .
    ((((((HUGS DAVID)))))))))

3. Sheila says:

Yes so much love for him. He shows so much kindness to others always, it is wonderful to see all the kindness being shown to him now when he needs it the most.

4. emmegirl14 says:

Free at last David! Now you can soar!
    And just be. Be…… who you are, in all your glory.

His beautiful Therapy Sessions album seemed to suggest he was at a turning point in his life.
    So thankful through therapy, and prayer, he has allowed himself to accept himself.
    And yes TOfan, “live his truth.”

Pepper, you said it all so beautifully.
    Yes, “cheer the roof off for him!!”
    Guess we’ll just have to do it from here💓

5. GwenPo says:

Absolutely beautiful!!! Brought tears and so much love!! Cannot wait to cheer that roof off and see him smile again. Love this Deb.❤️ Sent from my iPhone

6. Janey H. says:

I’m emotionally spent reading through the comments, I can’t imagine how David feels. I hope he put his phone down and went on a nice long walk yesterday. I can’t waitt to see him in person with all of you and dance and sing and rejoice in the artist and the man that is David. Hang tight y’all. That day is around the corner ♥

7. Janey H. says:

~wait

8. His post was momentous and monumental and just knowing how difficult it must have been for him to share something so private and personal with the public but still deciding to do it for the chance of helping others, gave me so many feelings at once, my heart was literally bursting with love for this precious human being ❤️!!!! It truly is wonderful to see all the support he is getting from fans, friends, colleagues, and many from his faith as well. Deb right now I would even take a Stagit show so we could cheer the roof off for him!!!!!

9. I could not be more proud of him. I know this must have been difficult. I’ve been very moved by the positive outpouring. He’s a beautiful soul and is clearly loved by many. In the end, people respect and admire honesty. I was struck by his bravery, how he detailed his journey the past 20 years or so. My wish for him is that this opens more pathways of expression, that he’s able to continue telling stories with even greater honesty and heart. One of the things some may not realize is that being honest about such matters isn’t just about sexuality or romantic love. It allows you to have deeper relationships with everyone. It allows you to walk through the world with less fear, to express yourself with all of your heart and soul. There is no greater peace to be had than to live and exist in your own truth. More than anything I hope he is feeling overwhelmed by relief and peace and love.

Beautifully put, Keith. ❤️ I hadn’t thought of it that way but you are so right. A much bigger… more fulfilling… future in store for him. And sure hope he’s feeling buoyed by all the love and support coming his way.

• Janey H. says:

Keith, this is wonderfully insightful, thanks for sharing, ” One of the things some may not realize is that being honest about such matters isn’t just about sexuality or romantic love. It allows you to have deeper relationships with everyone. It allows you to walk through the world with less fear, to express yourself with all of your heart and soul. There is no greater peace to be had than to live and exist in your own truth.”

• missbianca says:

This is beautiful, Keith. I admit that his post made me more thoughtful about relationships in general, not just sexual. His personal struggle sounded so difficult, to not be quite sure even at age 30 who you will be able to spend your life, your closest relationship, with (or even if he wants that at all). I wish him nothing but peace and joy in the future. It will be wonderful to watch his music blossom, too.

• Working in the SF Bay Area, over the years I’ve met a handful of people who came out much later in life, post marriage and even children in a couple of cases. It means they lived a big chunk of their adult life completely denying their true selves. Most of them wrestled with their religion and convinced themselves it was all fine. Until it wasn’t. This always broke my heart. No one should have to go through that and yet it is reality. As a straight person, I never ever question whether something is fundamentally right or wrong with myself (beyond the normal neurotic things!). I am heartened to see society changing bit by bit however slowly and with people like David speaking up, awareness increases. I literally cannot love this guy more than I already do ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• refnaf says:

Thanks for sharing this!! So well said!

• ray lynch says:

i so agree with you, now he can fly higher with out any guilt feellings. god bless him forever

• tawna21 says:

Beautifully said. Thank you for this insight. ♥

THIS!

“Over the years, he’s been so honest about his therapy and struggles with self-esteem, but when I read the line, “I’ve tried for almost 20 years to try and change myself,” my heart shattered. Inside, I’m sure we were all screaming, “YOU DON’T NEED TO CHANGE A THING, DAVID!!!!””

I am so proud to be a fan of this beautiful human! I can not love him more❤️

So thankful that he was able to share…. And so touched that his sharing is to help others!!!

The comments on his post ars so loving and supportive…. I really believe he will really soar as an artist with this freedom…. And I pray that he will find the personal happiness he deserves
    Group ((((( hug )))))

LOLing @ David rn… other celebs plan out these kinds of announcements way in advance so the timing is right, wording is right, yada yada yada … and David WAS DOING YARD WORK??!!! Of course he was. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

He. Is. Simply. The. Best. Better. Than. All. The. Rest.

• Janey H. says:

This latest tweet reminds of his tweets of yesteryear – hush cats, the band outside, etc. It is so David. He is one of a kind ♥

This video came up in my FB memories… 4 years ago today… I broke down & wept, not gonna lie… for so many reasons, mostly how beautiful it is and how much I miss his shows. 😥

• Janey H. says:

I don’t see a link here but are you referencing the acoustic Fast Car from the vip in Spokane? I watched it too. It hit like a ton of bricks. His voice was indescribable. the nuances, the gentle rifts, nothing overdone. It was perfect.

• refnaf says:

So flippin perfect 😭😭😭😭

13. emmegirl14 says:

An interview of raw courage and honesty.
    You are going to be just fine David❤️
    And can now find that elusive peace and happiness.