Just thought I’d let you know (as if you didn’t know already) that we have possibly picked the best guy ever to be fans of.
A guy who, when you give him a T-shirt as a gift at a VIP, makes a point to wear it at the next one … and tell everyone there that it was from “the Canadians” *SOBS*
That would be this shirt (that says “the mountains call and I must go,” which he made a point of reading out, upside down, to everyone there) 😭
A guy who adds My Little Prayer to both the VIP and the show because a lovely man in the VIP told him he felt compelled to travel to the show from Nebraska to thank him for the song after hearing it on a spiritual playlist a mere 6 weeks ago and that it affected him deeply. Oh and then he gave the guy a shoutout when introducing the song. 😭😭😭
A guy who sounds like this singing Fast Car by Tracy Chapman:
A guy who says, “Sure!” when you ask him to give your dad a birthday message:
Seriously though… one thing that really hit home during this Spokane show was how blessed I feel to be supporting such a remarkable person.
He fielded some interesting VIP questions…
1. About the new music that’s coming (my Q…feel free to thank me later 😎) …
He said he is very excited about the next EP, which will have a retro “groovy” soulful vibe… PEOPLE, I AM BEYOND EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!
He also said that the album will feature all the EP songs PLUS… I repeat… PLUS additional songs. (I was nodding and smiling and giving him so many thumbs up during his answer that I’m sure I pulled a muscle).
He said he has 16 songs he wants to release over these EPs and album. *cartwheels*
3. A fine gentleman asked about his future goals and he talked about how he’d live to have kids, have a family.
4. One lady gave him tissues because he was stuffy from allergies then had to ask for them back when his MLP made her cry.
5. He was asked how they travel on tour and apparently all 11 of them get cozy in one tour bus with bunks. He stretched out his back saying the bunks weren’t 100% comfy.
6. Who would he most like to collaborate with? Tori Kelly. He loves how she can share her spirituality in pop music and stay true to who she is.
7. His fave songs to perform? Lately, Running and Higher Ground.
9. Fave Ben Rector song? He asked the others if they knew Ben’s music but they didn’t so he sang a bit of Brand New and they recognized that (be still my ❤️)… his faves: Note To Self, Wildfire and I Like You.
10. Biggest challenges? Believing in himself… something he continues to struggle with.
11. Do you have a girlfriend? (NOT my Q, I swear!) He said no… “Single… but probably not for long” 😂😂😂😂😂
You guyyyyys…. this guy is so worthy of all our support, ALL of it, I actually wish I had more to give… you all know this but just had to say it out loud.
And the concert was icing on a very rich, amazing cake.
Gorgeous jewel box of a venue. Very enthusiastic crowd… not Portland-level hysteria but a lot of love thrown David’s way.
I’m Ready, Heaven, Scars, Forevermore, Broken, He Lives in You, were the highlights for me…def check out Shelley’s vids…I know she took them because Ref & I were blessed to sit between her and the lovely Tina… apparently the lady behind us said she was quite entertained by us all all night, lol.
my lame He Lives in You vid:
Oh and David invited a local kids choir to sing Glorious with him… they sounded just lovely although the boys in particular lookedclike they wanted to time-travel right outta there, lol.
Sorry for the stream of consciousness ramblings, just trying to process it all.