David Archuleta talks turkey

I thought the amazing blitz of David Archuleta “Glad Christmas Tidings” interviews Tuesday warranted a new post. I’m not surprised at how well David handled himself (nice plugs for “PBS’s highest rated program of the year” and “performing for 21,000 people each night” there, D.! ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

It was great to hear him talk about new projects coming up in the next few months, writing and recording, how much he’s learned about the music business, and how he’s grown out of being a “hermit.”

But most of all, it was heart-warming to see the warmth, respect and admiration shown to him by each interviewer. And overall, they asked some really good questions and, more importantly, included clips of David singing with “the MoTabs … is that what the kids are calling them these days?” ๐Ÿ˜†

After all, David singing on TV can have a powerful effect on some people…. ๐Ÿ™‚

FOX59 Indianapolis:

FOX29 San Antonio

Raleigh

FOX6 Alabama

FOX10 Phoenix

FOX40 Sacramento

CTNOW Hartford Morning News

FreshLiving Utahย

FOX CLT Charlotte (my fave of the interviews!)

(many, many thanks to JR4DA!!!!)

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to David Archuleta talks turkey

1. Heidijoy says:

Thanks Tofan and JR for the collection of interviews. My favorites were the ones that showed David singing. He did so well with the Interviews. I was glad when he got a plug in for the tour and his own music too! The Fresh Living one was fun except for the “remark”. David was a good sport with the waffle and Turkey talk! It was nice to hear him discuss his career and the “behind the scenes business stuff” Our young man is growing up!!!
    P.S. I want to be Edith when I grow up. Hope to get to meet her and Jonah in SLC

2. Marylee_DAangel says:

David’s interviews were heaven…WOW-just-WOW ~how he has matured in every sense of the word! Happy Thanksgiving everyone to you and yours. โ™ฅ

loling>.>>>>..”After all, David singing on TV can have a powerful effect on some peopleโ€ฆ.”
    Awesome to see him workin’ it!1 Promo FTW!!!

Also paging awestruck>>> my emails are not getting to you> bouncing back ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Loving all these interview with David, still have a few to watch. Such great promo and David is doing a fine job…..no a superb job with his interviews…way to go David. Glad the CD, DVD, PBS special, his upcoming tour, music video are all getting well deserved promo. Thanks TOfan and thanks to JR for these great videos. Haven’t seen the waffle and turkey talk yet…lol, must watch the rest. These videos are all one big smile for me and so many of them, it’s great!
    Gosh I love hearing David’s music on the radio (just heard his HYAMLC) and it’s that time of year for David’s fabulous upcoming Christmas tour, getting close!
    I just recently made a decision and I will be flying to Los Angeles to see David perform, yay!
    Will be a bit of a whirlwind trip but will be worth it. It’s been kind of a rough year so decided to give myself a special Christmas gift. Finally……will get to see David do a Christmas show, yay! Did I already say that, ha. So looking forward to his concert!!
    A happy Thanksgiving week to the U.S. fans, so nice that David will be with family and get to enjoy all that good food with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

tofan, as a whole, I thought these were some of his best ever, by both him and the interviewers.

Yeah, I got a kick out of that guy interviewer, lol. He talked to him just like he would anybody. Sometimes people tiptoe around David a bit, but I don’t think he’s as naive as many think.

• awestruck says:

“but I donโ€™t think heโ€™s as naive as many think” Yup gotta agree emmegirl

Peppertara – ENJOY!

Ref – I just answered one of your e-mails…

I agree, emme, the whole thing just cracked me up, that guy was a hoot… loved how he was making D. laugh too. And I liked that not only did they ask some really great questions but also followed up on David’s answers, like when he said he’d learned more about the business side of music and they probed further and asked what he’d learned. Wish more interviewers would do that.

…off-topic, David (again with the funeral potatoes, lol) at 2:00:

*still listening to that Hong Kong acoustic set – and that EWTRTW, can’t get enough.

adorbs alert … Jennette McCurdy called David during her uStream tonight to chat about his fave topic, the recorded chat is HERE (he comes in at 23:35).

And a big Happy Thanksgiving to all of you lovely U.S. peeps!!!! <333

Love David’s talk of ‘funeral potatoes” too, lol. Gosh, these are some good interviews with David, wise, sweet David. His laughs and giggles always warm my heart!
    Thanks Tofan, emmegirl, awestruck. No VIP this time (mainly due to time restrictions) but will thoroughly enjoy the concert…my main goal! Would love to hear about the VIPs though, from those who will be attending!
    I’m still listening to HK acoustic set too, soooo good.

9. Heidijoy says:

Happy Thanksgiving ! Grateful for all you do Tofan and team!!!!!!!!!

Lovely story from the book signing in Utah — loved this part especially:
    “… Heโ€™s got a good heart, & it shows. So my grandma walked over to him & told him in Spanish how awesome his performance with Julio Iglesias in Cuba was. Obviously there was never any performance, & Davidโ€™s never even been to Cuba. The thing is, my grandma has dementia (David knows this & has handled it beautifully in the past & today was no exception). Instead of getting freaked out or thinking itโ€™s weird, he just replied (in Spanish) that heโ€™d love to perform with Julio one day.”

Another sweet story from the Orem book signing:
    Fave bit:
    “…we couldn’t force ourselves to leave for a good half hour afterwards because he was just such a pleasure to stare at. ๐Ÿ™‚ “

Love this pic taken after the Pandora skating event in Phoenix, AZ — a bunch of dudes waiting for David’s autograph … and the young blonde? Security! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ (more on David-Daily HERE):
    David autographing

haha The back of David’s head is scary, just saying

13. Katheryn says:

THE DAM NATION IDOL TOURNAMENT FINALE: FINAL SHOWDOWN

The last round (thank goodness) of the Idol Tournament has been posted. This poll will run till about 10:00 p.m. ET on Friday.

CASBAA Put up an AWESOME HD GGTT eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    *** needs mp3***

ohmyheck, thanks, Ref!!!! WOWWWW, just WOWWW!!!! I hope CASBAA posts more … since it was a MEDIA convention, I was hoping they’d post vids at some point! sheesh … weird that they didn’t use his name when posting it (no wonder all the other vids on their channel have, like, 1 view ๐Ÿ˜† )

Thanks to the amazing JR, here’s the whole acoustic CASBAA set in HD, download mp3 HERE.

Update: Added new FOX Charlotte interview vid to the end of the post … one of my fave interviews so far! Rambling D. FTW! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Heidijoy says:

Loving the performance CASBAA put out of Gotta Get Thru This!!

……and Charlotte interview FTW for sure. The Interviewer and David are a great Combo!!

• jackryan4da says:

Ok, so I stumbled upon another CASBAA footage of David’s epic acoustic performance in HD – don’t ask me how I found it cos at times I also can’t believe my luck! I was doing research project on communication in Asia – totally David-UNrelated, when I saw some curious possibilities ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anw, HUGE file was uploading since yesterday! It comes from CAM #2 which has some funny shots – you’ll see. But what I love about it, apart from not having skips or lags – the audio clearly captures the audience reaction which we did not get from the live streamed version.

DAVID UNPLUGGED IN CASBAA HK SHOT FROM CAM #2 – HD, GREAT AUDIO, NO LAGS, NO SKIPS! (28:49 MINUTES)

Be sure to download the MP3HD – great way to beat traffic.

I bet an HD vid combo of cam#1 and cam#2 is lying there somewhere… hmmmm…..

ohmyheck, JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} you are aMAZing!!!!

Nice. Thanks ref! Hope they post the rest.

Yes, yes, yes! Dudes getting autographs!
    (and dudette keeping everyone in line!)

Awesome GGTT vid! He totally rocks that song! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also I love his little look & hand signal at the end, cueing the band that it’s the end. He is so in charge and I love it!

Twitpic of the week, from the lovely @gemzone at the SLC signing tonight:
    Gemzone David Archuleta twitpic

…although this is a close second, hahaha, from the amazing @roxfox01:
    David Archuleta signed skate

More pics on Deseret Books FB page HERE.
    David Archuleta signing

More pics on KSL.com site HERE … love the expression on the girl on the right *been there* ๐Ÿ˜†
    David Archuleta KSL pics

Thanks for posting all the goodies. Love David’s wonderful rambly interview from Charlotte….the best! That fabulous GGTT video…..thanks refnaf! Could listen to that 99 times per day. Yes, like the ‘dude’ fans getting autographs, lots of smart men out there. The wonderful blogs from book signings, love ’em and how neat that people are getting all sorts of things signed….guitars, ice skates, arms, etc. etc.
    Very nice pics of David at the signing….his face, his smile, his hands, his glow. ๐Ÿ™‚

abanana…..”Also I love his little look & hand signal at the end, cueing the band that itโ€™s the end. He is so in charge and I love it!’
    I notice that too with David and his performances with the band….he really is in charge and so dang professional and first class with everything he does!

Quick vid (thanks, ziffle77!) of David’s entrance at the book signing tonight … he gets up on a chair to wave at everyone! ๐Ÿ˜†

& twitpic from @xxfallingstars:
    David Archuleta signing

& the KSL TV news story:

20. jackryan4da says:

In addition to the continuous MP3, I also made MP3s (320kpbs) per song from the CASBAA performance set – http://www.mediafire.com/?op9ovr1fbe899

๐Ÿ™‚