So many things to love here (plus, I’m a list person), so here goes:
- David singing (what’s not to love?)
- David + hockey (ditto)
- He’s introduced as “recording artist David Archuleta” … Idol & Jive, don’t let the door hit you on the way out! 🙂
- Cheesy polyester hockey jerseys have never looked so stylin’
- “And the rockets red glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare” *chills* baby *chills*
- That he took a chance and changed it up slightly from his NASCAR rendition (always risky with any anthem)
- David’s ever-so-slight smile when he nails a run and the crowd roars, and then again at the end when he knows he did the song proud
- The announcer’s “Thank you, David” at the end
- David got to see his first NHL game — and it was an awesome edge-of-your-seat, fast, furious, battle to the finish sudden-death overtime match that showed all the reasons we in the Great White North love the game.
- The game was sold out so more than 17,000 peeps got to hear that Voice … and we know every single time David sings, he wins over new fans.
- The YouTube vid is up to
2,105 2,4583,584 views already and these stats: #76#56 – Most Discussed (Today) – Sports #41#38 – Top Favorited (Today) – Sports #57#53 – Top Rated (Today) – Sports
And last, but not least, the great buzz. “Ducks” was trending for a while last night and David had the Top Tweet!
- And here’s a post from Idolator.com (LOLing that they linked to “Senseless” like it’s David’s big hit!):
David Archuleta may not have won American Idol, but a young idol couldn’t get much more American than singing the national anthem alongside a bunch of Marines at a hockey game. (Okay, maybe if it was baseball.) And that’s just what the “Senseless” singer did at the Honda Center in Anaheim yesterday. Alas, “The Star Spangled Banner” may not be the new music Archie recently promised via his video blog, but hey — at least he knows all the words. Oh say, can you see the video of this performance? Why, yes — just head below.
And from USAToday.com’s Brian Mansfield:
David Archuleta sang the national anthem before Friday’s Anaheim Ducks/Nashville Predators hockey game in Anaheim (which the Preds won 4-3 in overtime). Though David had attended a James Taylor/Carole King concert at the Honda Center, it was his first professional hockey game. “Hockey was a completely different experience,” he said. “It was great to see the action up close.”
Bringing this over from the last thread, from the story on Absolute Archies:
“When David sings live, (or even when he’s recording) it sounds like it’s the last minute of the world and he’s got one minute to show it all. “
And to everyone who celebrates Easter, Joyeux Pâques ! Happy Easter blessings to one and all!
P.S. According to this tweet from drummer Steven J. Rob, we will get our first glimpse of the new band in action on Monday! 🙂