Pop vs MoTab: Can we please have it all?

Maybe you’ve had enough of David Archuleta MoTab recaps — especially those of you who weren’t able to be there. But I can’t help it… it’s still with me. Each glorious note crept under my skin, into the air that I breathe and now makes a home in my heart.

I didn’t expect this to happen. I didn’t expect to be there at all. Yes, I applied for tickets along with everyone else but when I heard of the huge demand, I accepted the fact mine would never get through. And when they did I was overjoyed and I knew it would be special but I was unprepared for just how special.

How, for the first time, I heard David’s voice lifted up by the power and majesty it truly deserves, by that magnificent choir and orchestra. How David appeared truly at home in every way. How non-fans (including people sitting in front of us who were relatives of a choir member) leaped to their feet for a spontaneous standing ovation after Silent Night.

I’ll never forget his face on the jumbotron looking around at all 21,000 of us as if he wanted to remember each of our faces — soaking in every moment. “I just want to steal this moment right away from time.”

The JOY of Joy to the World — I felt myself lifting off my seat with the power of it — bursting with love … love’s pure light.

I was also unprepared for the profound depth and emotion of the Cat and the Mouse Carol. I’d been told it was playful and cute and then WHAM. Such exquisite tenderness sent tears rolling down my cheeks. Hearing gave way to feeling as he took my hand and led me inside the music. I am there still.

Pop David FTW!

At one point, I remember looking around in amazement and thinking back a couple of months to the Canton, Ohio, radio event where David was equally at home captivating 210-odd people and getting us to sing along to Elevator as he was here mesmerizing 210,000 of us. Who does that?

Since MoTab, I’ve heard a couple of people comment that he should step away from pop and pursue a more Adult Contemporary/David Fosterish style of music. To that I say NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I loved every moment of the MoTab concert, and the songs we heard from the Mentors Gala event, and his A.I. ballads, I also couldn’t wait to listen to TOSOD again during and after Christmas.

How about you? What do you guys think?

p.s. Lorna just alerted me to this amazing vid (from Elizabeth5576): Los Pastores a Belen & Silent Night. Love the way David throws his whole body into singing Los Pastores… even his eyebrows dance! Happy New Year, everyone!

This entry was posted in Concert recap and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Pop vs MoTab: Can we please have it all?

1. karenkid says:

Thanks for stating again what I’ve felt for a long time!

Why be limited when your talents are so unlimited?

Let the fella shine all over. ❤

2. Trish says:

There can never be enough MoTab recaps for me …. Still not over it <33333 thanks again!!

3. Jeff says:

NO, I’ll never see or hear enough Motab recaps. 🙂 I wasn’t there, and hearing all the appreciation and praise for David, can’t get enough of that. I particularly like your next question, “who does that?” That’s exactly what I said when I first saw David sing on AI. “Who does that” today? Sings so beautifully and naturally at the age of 17 (then 18, then 19, now 20). Nothing contrived or phony. Without a doubt, what I’ve seen from Motab (bless those ninja videographers,), is the David I love to see most. Amazing poise, powerful and joyful performance. The smile on his face said it all. However, YES, bring it all on! When you can sing, you can sing anything (sound familiar?:). Bring on the pop, the ballads, a country tune (hello Smokey Mountain Memories), Christmas music, hymns, he does it all brilliantly. And definitely treat us to David in front of an orchestra and choir. Especially Cat and the Mouse carol, (my favorite carol now) whoa that ending, what a note. It is performances like that, that “legitimize” David with an adult audience, those who are unfamiliar with him (as we’ve heard comments from many of those), they find out he’s not just some teen pop singer, he’s a musical and emotional force, who will be there for years to come. Now that I’ve babbled incoherently…ditto! 🙂

Jeff,
      loved every word, babble away! “…he’s a musical and emotional force, who will be there for years to come” … yes, yes & YES!!!

4. bluebird19 says:

You are all so correct! There can never be too many MOTAB recaps or too many recaps of any David concerts! TOfan, you are so right … “To me, these many facets of David’s talents are like sparkling sides of a rare gem and I for one want them all to shine bright.”
    And, Jeff, you expounded on that beautifully! (And, yes, bless the ninjas) 🙂
    Have a very Happy New Year, all!

TOfan, thanks for your lovely post and that gorgeous video! Loved watching that and listening to David sing that very beautiful, heartfelt song. Adored the song the first time I heard it (from video) and who better than David, to bring out the pure beauty and sensitivity in the song, so incredibly lovely.
    I have to agree with you and everyone’s comments here. David is just too gifted and versatile to be relegated to one type of music. Yes, he is a wonderful balladeer and inspirational singer and we need to hear that from him most definitely, but…..I think it would be a shame for David to give up Pop music for the sake of trying to please some people (mainly older fans I think, from what I have read). David is wise, I think he is incorporating the right kinds of music to please almost everyone. Heck, I am one of those older fans and I love his pop music. It’s because he is a kind of musical genius with whatever he does. There is just no one out there like him. He gives it all, the power, the sensitivity, the inspiration, positivity, feel good fun music and all with incredible vocal conviction.
    David may have lost some fans because some seem to think that he is only a balladeer but those people are missing out on an amazingly gifted, versatile performer and one of the greatest talents to unfold before our eyes. Of course he has also gained new fans along the way and I have no doubt that will continue.
    Well I am rambling a bit here but you said it perfectly TOfan “these many facets of David’s talents are like sparkling sides of a rare gem and I for one want them all to shine bright.”
    So do I and I will never get tired of MoTab recaps or anything related to them, loving it all and grateful for them all.

bluebird & peppertara & Trish, so glad you’re also a little too not over MoTab! And I so agree, he is a musical genius with whatever genre he takes on. I loved that Idol Chatter put David’s album on their “Best of 2010” list, calling it “solid from beginning to end” … MoTab was such a powerful, profoundly spiritual experience for me I did wonder what it would be like to listen to TOSOD again… would it hold the same magic for me? Not only did I love it as much as ever, I think I actually listened to it even more closely and gained an even deeper appreciation of David’s songwriting and his incredible vocals… k, now I’m babbling! lol

oops, Idol Chatter link here:

Great post TOfan. I’ve been waiting to read your recap. And, as usual, it is sensitive, insightful and full of beauty and humanity.

And I agree that it really isn’t about choice from an artistic perspective. He can sing what he chooses and I really believe its about what direction(s) he chooses. And MoTab was, to me, (besides well deserved for David) a very, very early gift. Who woulda thunk earlier this year we’d have MoTab and David?? Lucky us, lucky new fans, lucky world!!! 😀

For those that say he should do this or that genre, I can see where there are coming from…in that he would gain greater recognition, more fans, and commercial success if attached to one specific genre. And, there is certainly wisdom in that.

However, David seems content in forging his path, his direction, his music. He has that certain something…that intangible which is leading him to create his body of work of surpassing excellence. More than just originality, creativity, or intelligence, his brand of genius, his artistic achievements has rare transformational power.

Happy New Year All!

P.S. Greetings from Quebec!

TOfan – You have put into words what I could not! Thank you!

About what type of music he should sing, I am not extremely opinionated either way. I just like to hear him sing! He knows what he’s doing I think so I will just trust the Archuleta and enjoy the endless ride 🙂

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to say what I found on twitter this morning! Haha I am following Patrick Chan on twitter (the figure skater, he’s @PChiddy) and this morning I saw he retweeted this tweet (from @JonasEclipse – some fan of his I am assuming):

.@DavidArchie is 3 days older than @PChiddy. Both born in December of 1990. December: The month of champions.

Sorry if that is confusing! It surprised me because my timeline was full of David birthday tweets all retweeted from fans but this one was retweeted by Patrick Chan! Hahaha I thought it was hilarious.

9. KT says:

This is exactly the conundrum for all of the business people trying to manage David’s career. He can sing anything to anybody and if they are truly listening he can make a lasting connection. To me it is what sets him apart from…well everybody…because I have yet to meet anyone that has that ability except perhaps for Eva Cassidy.

On a completely unrelated topic, TOfan said “Maybe you’ve had enough of David Archuleta MoTab recaps”. Well, that is good to know because it was next on my to do list! Whew!

You’re so right, KT, I was trying to think of a comparable multi-faceted performer and it’s practically impossible. (except maybe Eva)

And re MoTab recaps, the consensus seemed to be “bring ’em on” … nice try, though! 😆

10. River says:

I find time daily to watch at least one MOTAB video and the chills never stop. I’ve been working my way through my bucket list and this is soooo up there. As to David’s music, the great joy is watching him do whatever strikes his fancy. He loves pop music and he’s blessed with a talent that will never limit what he wants to do. There are great singers who cannot say the same (some big voices sound odd doing uptempo) and I so admire that David will accept most any opportunity to sing, whether it’s in a pizza parlor or in a hyuge stadium of tennis fans with a thrilling America The Beautiful. David just loves to sing and no management on earth will deter him from doing whatever he wants to do. That’s been clear from day one. You can tell the guy, but you can’t tell him much. He’s a risk taker and a musical genius so I just can’t wait to see where he goes. It’s been such a great ride and we aren’t even a ways down the path yet. Man, I wish I were in Anaheim tonite. Sigh.

11. jackryan4DA says:

I concur – let’s have both. heck as long as TheArchuletor feels fine singing it am for it 🙂

Yes, let us revel in the sounds of all the music David chooses to make. What an absoulute joy and pleasure to be able to enjoy in such diversity. Bring it on David…

TOfan – mega hugs to you and your hearfelt words.

14. jackryan4DA says:

NEW YEAR’S EVE LIVE! PROMO INTERVIEWS, anyone?

FOX 13, SLC

FOX 12, OREGON

FOX 11, LA

15. jackryan4DA says:

NEW YEAR’S EVE LIVE! PROMO INTERVIEWS, anyone?

FOX 7, AUSTIN

FOX 5, VEGAS

16. jackryan4DA says:

Dear Admins, my other post is in moderation. Thanks!

17. jackryan4DA says:

Vote for David on 99.3 WAJK’s New Pix @ 6 FINALS!

David’s “Falling Stars” made it to the final four of 99.3 WAJK’s New Pix @ 6 contest, and is now up against Kris Allen’s “Alright With Me.”

Vote HERE; no voting limit – http://wajk.com/includes/newpix.asp

Let’s help FS get the exposure it deserves

kizzi, “rare transformational power”… love that. For me, it really is one of the things that sets him apart.

river, “He’s a risk taker and a musical genius so I just can’t wait to see where he goes”
    … what innocents we were. Unsuspecting, casual observers of a tv reality show. And now looking back on the already incredible journey he has taken us on, it is thrilling to anticipate what lies ahead.

Tofan, “sparkling sides of a rare gem”..yes! I often think about the amazingly diverse repertoire of music he has already given us, including 2 pop albums, an amazingly beautiful traditional Christmas album, Groban WYSYLM, Spanish CELD, Five For Fighting’s The Riddle, Train’s Hey Soul Sister, soulful Crazy and WOTWTC, I’ll Be, MOTAB, Mraz’s I’m Yours, One Republic’s Apologize, Eva Cassidy Fields Of Gold, Robbie Williams Angels, and you can’t forget Ben E King’s Stand By Me and Smokey’s Shop Around, Bubbly, A Thousand Miles, Prayer Of The Children, Imagine, a killer No Air duet, Billy Joel’s And So It Goes, and can go toe-to-toe with the best singing the national anthem and God Bless America. And this is just the ones off the top of my head. A pretty diverse group of artists and songs. And every one of his covers can honestly be argued as being better than the original, by fans and nonfans alike. How many artists of any age can do that.

He said he doesn’t want his music to have boundaries…sing away David!

emmegirl, you are so right … when you start to list the genres and styles David has covered and made his own, it is simply astounding … “Sing away David!” LOVE that!!!

Were you at the Anaheim show????

TOfan this is awesome,,,,, David truly is an artist that can do it all, and his fans want to hear it all. His career is going to be a slow steady climb to the top, where he will be respected for his musicality and the hearthe puts into everything he dings (and does)
    What a joy to be here watching his career unfold>>> whatever is next will more icing on the archucake!!!!
    emmegirl this>>>”what innocents we were. Unsuspecting, casual observers of a tv reality show. And now looking back on the already incredible journey he has taken us on, it is thrilling to anticipate what lies ahead.”
    CAN NOT WAIT!!! Love this ride and all the peeps who are on it with me 🙂

ps TOfan>>> What do you think of Sonic Ether’s Elevator remix????

21. embe86 says:

Personally, I don’t care what type of music David makes.. his voice has the same healing power and magic whatever he sings. Doesn’t matter if the medicine comes in a box or a bottle – it’s the same stuff.

22. Sunshine says:

TOfan – Thanks for the heartfelt MoTab reflections. You paid David the highest compliment by allowing those tears to roll down your cheeks. I’m sure he will continue to do what challenges him vocally as well as what makes others happy, whether he’s on a magnificent stage, network TV, in a parking lot or hospital. He sees each as an opportunity to do what he was born to do – bring joy to others.

It’s exciting that he will be kicking off the new year by performing – all is right with the world. 🙂

{{{{Sunshine}}}}

You’re so right, he was born to do this, “bring joy to others” … just reading that made me smile!!! 🙂

23. embe86 says:

Gosh, I just realised. What if David’s tour is a SUMMER tour? I CAN’T FLY THEN. The baby is due July 28th. Well this is just dandy. I’m overjoyed and extremely happy about this child, but DANG IT. Can a due date be pushed back? Maybe if I work out a new schedule with the doctor.

• jackryan4DA says:

Ok, this is how I imagine this:

YOU: Doc, we need to re-sked my birthing!
      DOC: Oh to be a new mom! (all smiles). My dear, I know you are anxious and excited about seeing your bundle of joy…. but to advance it…
      YOU: No, you don’t understand. Not advance. We have to delay it!
      DOC: Whhhy? There is no reason to be scared …
      YOU: No! no! no! It’s David… I have to see him!
      DOC: David? That’s not the name of the baby’s father… Ooooh… is that THE problem?
      YOU: (Getting exhausted… ) Doc, you’re not helping… (starts singing to self…”I know, things are gonna get better…I know…)

The things that Utah guy make us do!

• embe86 says:

LOLOLOLOL 😀 😀 😀 I bet that’s exactly how it would go 😀

I love you JR ❤

• refnaf says:

JR>>> This scenerio sounds exactly right!!!

Embe, I really hope tour dates come soon…. that way baby can hear David live too!!!, and we all need to meet you 🙂

LOLOL, JR!

Embe, Refnaf’s right, we need to meet you!!!… so tell Embe Jr. to time his/her entrance accordingly! 😆 Or tell David to put Finland on his tour-stop list! 🙂

• awestruck says:

HAHAHAHA oh man JR, my cheeks hurt from laughing!

embe – things will work out some way, some how, some day and wouldn’t it be FUN for all of us to meet at the same time???

24. SandyBeaches says:

David is among the great singers of the world and that has been proven. The greats sing more than one genre of music because they can sing just about everything and in different languages. Someone like David Foster also has singers like Charice among many others so he is not all of one style of singers. What he does have though is respect for the vast abilities of the singers and he works with that because he is such an accomplished musician himself.

TOfan, finding your article today is wonderful because to start it off, you have the carol “The Cat and Mouse” that will or already has become David’s Christmas Carol and will be much loved next year and all the Holiday Seasons to follow. How many singers have a wonderful Christmas carol of their own and this will be David’s? It took me a several days upon returning home to get that song out of my head and it took work.

We thought that it would take David a few more years to grow musically before he would sing with the MoTabs but it didn’t. I don’t believe that it will take David very long to do whatever style of music that he wants. He will just keep on amazing us.

SB

25. SandyBeaches says:

The video is beautiful…I will be so pleased when the DVD is available so that everyone will be able to see David sing these songs. Like we already know, we love David’s facial and emotional expressions and his presentation of these carols was very operatic like. When you hear the songs remember that his face was always loving, smiling and his eyes were sparkling…

SB

• refnaf says:

SB, Knowing that a DVD is being made for us to share with friends and family is so awesome!! Many people I know will really appreciate David in that setting, and we get to re-live it too 🙂

26. SandyBeaches says:

embe86…Your baby will love this song next Christmas!

SB

27. River says:

Happy New Year to all the Snowangelz and well , to all of us who are livin’ the dream. personally I’m avoiding going out tonight so that I won’t miss David at mandalay bay. this is what my life has come to and yes I have a DVR. LOL. or as David would say, haha.

28. SandyBeaches says:

River!! I was just writing to SF that we are going to do the same and I want to see him live so our party is right here at home! Oh my, that is what our lives have come to…how great is that??

Have a Happy New Year to you and everyone here on Snow Angelz!! I always love to see the red border, the snowflakes, the videos, the writings!!

Have a good New Year’s Eve everyone…

SB

29. SandyBeaches says:

From the top, hit it again Mac…”Said the Cat to the Mouse…” How beautiful!

SB

Loving everyone’s comments! {{{New Year’s hugs to all!}}}

I’ve been travelling visiting family and now have house guests so haven’t had a chance to catch up yet on Anaheim, but was thrilled to see a certain song is still on David’s set list *cough*MH*cough* !!!

… have not been feeling well either, so might have to stay in tonight for New Year’s Eve… 🙂 🙂 🙂

[p.s. I’ve had odd reactions from some (mostly inlaws) who know I flew to SLC for MoTab… I can’t wait for them to watch the DVD (that they are getting for Christmas next year! 🙂 )… not that they’ll suddenly “get it” but I’ll at least have given them a chance to hear what heaven sounds like. 🙂 ]

31. jackryan4DA says:

Manila just concluded its NY’s Eve festivities – I have gained SOOOO much weight this past year. Gotta hit the gym this 2011 🙂

Anw, it is 2am here. Dishes and kids, all tucked in. For you guys, the day is just starting, right? What better way to wake up to w/ 2 new interview vids from David – they are of course, the same round of tit for tat, but they are still our David

Fox25 Boston Morning News

Fox5 Good Day Atlanta

MH, Thinkofmearchie (audio only, improves at 3:50 for wow ending!)

LOOOOOOVE STR!!!! (1-min. clip from chozenbyhim1788, thank you!!!)

Tofan, hope you get to feeling better and have a Happy New Year. Loove STR too!
    Was watching one of the vids of the z100 Elevator performance the other day (crazy over that version!) and on the videos listed on the right side there were over 400,000 views of Elevator on that one page alone.

If he was 10 yrs older, no one would think a thing of us being a fan. I think that is what they don’t get – his voice, his performance skills and his maturity are that of someone 10 yrs older (or more.)

A bit of Crush from The Grove. From that viewpoint it looks like a mostly mature crowd, (will have to ask dja) and look at the twenty-something guy in the hoodie standing up! 🙂

Just listened to that MH, oh my…3:30 to 4:20, lousy audio, no matter…I think it just pierced my heart.

David & Carly Smithson … welcome to Vegas, D.! 😆

David Archuleta Carly Smithson

• abanana77 says:

Hahaha he looks a little bit less uncomfortable than in that picture with Lady Gaga when she was wearing no pants. Hahahaha

lol, Carly tweeted it took him most of her first song for David to figure out it was her! 😆 (I don’t think I would’ve recognized her either! lol)

What an incredible concert in Anaheim. New songs, old songs, a couple of Christmas songs….would love to have been there! Makes one long for tour…..a long, long, over the border tour. 🙂
    Will never tire of David singing MH and the ending, gets me every time…nothing quite like it. STR…fabulous, he sounds incredible on everything. Even bad audio can’t stifle his genius. Well, I will definitely be ringing in the NY watching David on my TV, whatever he sings will be great.
    TOfan, hope you feel better and yes…I think once your relatives receive a DVD of the MoTab concert they will indeed experience a piece of heaven. Can’t wait until I can order my copy/copies. Very excited about that!
    Have a wonderful New Years Eve everyone….extra special this year with David helping to ring it in. 🙂

38. silverfox says:

TOfan..I believe we are Having It All right now. 😀

Who knew he would surpass every “What Just Happened?” performance he’s done in the past with his MOTAB Choir performance? We’ve heard David sing just about every genre of music there is, even if some are short snippets, but we know he can.
    I don’t think David will ever be boxed into one genre. He is simply too versatile. A one of a kind artist with a one of a kind voice. Whether not having a “unique sound” or genre is detrimental or not to David is up for debate, but I for one, hope David just continues to do what feels right for him. For now, I’m just happy we are “having it all”.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, SNOW ANGELZ. MAY 2011 BRING YOU MUCH PEACE, JOY, LOVE & LAUGHTER, AS YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO SO MANY! AND HOPING WE MEET AGAIN AT ONE OR TWO DAVID CONCERTS!

ps..My one regret from the SLC experience is that I didn’t get to see or spend enough time with TOfan & refnaf.

Happy New Year everyone!

– be safe, no drinking and driving, ah oops, I forgot everyone is down with something and is staying home tonight, LOL

Happy New Year SAz! I’m spending it in beautiful Quebec City.

Oh, and here is an ArchuTrivia potential question…haha…Is the bodyguard on the video of David signing autographs at The Grove the same guy who is/was the bodyguard for The Jonas Brothers????

Fox + David + 2011 = Bringing pure fun to start 2011!!!

I am thrilled to say I have no idea what any Jonas bodyguard has ever looked like! bahahaha

Thanks to Ms. Lorna, I just added a Los Pastores/SN vid to the end of the post … sigh 🙂

• refnaf says:

You’re in Canada??? Woot!

Here’s a gem —–> jwipe twitcast (lol): End of The First Noel, Complain, Falling Stars, My Kind of Perfect (David call’s it “my love song” :O ), Stompin’ The Roses, & Crush http://twitcasting.tv/jwipe/movie/865530

P.S. Does he sound more confident in this than ev-ah before??? I believe so. Yep, I do. I do.

oh my heck, that Complain is off-the-charts aMAZing! Gotta figure out how to make an mp3!

LOVE live STR!!! Thanks, Kiz!

42. lisa says:

TOFAN…………….You got to go!!!!!! SWEET, I wish all of you wonderful fans could have got tickets…but come Sept :):):) and love the silent night and spanish vid together first time iv’e seen that close up of it. Ninjas FTW, lol

Happy new year all you cool Canadians! 🙂

43. Archugeezer says:

Back today from California and catching up, but had to jump on your question.

[First, I have to say how much fun it was to find TOfan and refnaf right next door to us in the hotel in SLC! A pleasure to meet you in person! I am a fan of many of David’s fans and appreciate all you do for him and for the rest of us. So, hello again, and thank you!]

After David came out on the Anaheim stage looking confident, and all of 20 years old I might add, it took about a nanosecond for him to get The Grove a groovin’ with his opener. He polished off the regular set with a rendition of “Stomping the Roses” that even had the old ladies jammin’ (confession).

I couldn’t help but think of the contrast between this and the MoTab event; and like most of you, I decided I just want him to show up and sing whatever he wants to sing. He has surprised and delighted us so many times, and I would really hate to miss any future surprises. When it comes to music, David deserves to explore and soar. We’re just blessed to watch and listen.

Happy New Year, everyone!

• refnaf says:

***waves***
      ” When it comes to music, David deserves to explore and soar. We’re just blessed to watch and listen. ”
      We are so blessed and looking forward….. things are going to get even better!

So great to finally meet you Ms. ArchuGeez! Wow, Anaheim must have been amazing … and the tight security makes me appreciate ninja videographers even more! (Can’t wait for your recap, djafan!!!)

“explore and soar” … LOVE that! Great wish for 2011! 🙂

{{{{ref}}}}

44. djafan says:

Tofan,

Beautiful write up. I know I’ll never forget the emotions, all my senses shooting off in all directions while David was on stage. I go back and listen to A Pastores A Belen and The Cat and The Mouse Carol daily and it takes me right back to that weekend.

I wish I would’ve been able to spend sometime with you and refnaf, finally got to meet you two, maybe next time 🙂

Oh Anaheim, what a different experience, I’m working on a little write up. I just know that I want both David’s the pop and the Motab, he excels in both genres, he excels in all.

Can’t wait to see and hear him today on my TV!!!

I want to wish you all here on snowangelzz a Happy New Year!!!!!

AAAhhh, Can’t wait to have a chance to catch up on the vids and interviews…..maybe tomorrow.

Want to wish you all a terriffic 2011. If this year includes a solo tour by Mr. International Man of Amazingness, then it will be a gooood year!!!!

NY Eve Live Fox –

Elevator in HD

TOSOD in HD

😀 😀 😀

Happy New Year

The new band is youngish, hip and chic. Looks to be a winning formula from a sound and appearance perspective. Loved TOSOD performance last night and Elevator closing out the show. Lotsa soul and R&B. Some fans knew the words so great that FOX caught those shots during the performance. What great songs to begin the new year.

TwitPic from MelindaWEG of the hip band last night:

Click on Photo to enlarge.

• emmegirl says:

I love how in so many of his appearances he is the final performer. Good strategy, cause most others pale in comparison. I know there are alot of performers vying for a limited number of available appearances, but hopefully this is the beginning of more national exposure. Wish they could get him on Glee. The Grammy’s would be a dream come true, but he would put the bulk of the other performers to shame. Remember a couple years back the Jonas Bros performed on the Grammy’s with Stevie Wonder, go figure.

Well, that tree isn’t going to come down by itself….syl.

48. SandyBeaches says:

Thank you (((TOfan))) for this Christmas article. Time goes by so fast and the season is complete from Christmas to the New Year. We should never rush it away especially with the music that David has given to us and the knowledge of a long winter ahead. Of course I won’t say that it might be awhile before we see him perform again!

This has beeb an awesome time full of amazement and surprises. Your
    videos of David are priceless and build up the anticipation for the DVD & CD.

SB

{{{{SB}}} thanks! Such a treat that we have the DVD & CD to look forward to!

Just remembered something I overheard on the way out of the MoTab concert. There was a family right behind me in the aisle and first the dad said, “Wow, he can really sing!” … to which the 20something daughter replied, “His voice is like sweet butter and I just love him.”

He looked every bit of that 20 last night too! Hip but classy, and gorgeously handsome.

He sounded amazing, his stage presence keeps evolving, and I don’t know how that is even possible because I know he has been amazing from his very first performance as a child, and I know it’s been said a million and one times, but he is so born to do this. So proud of him, in every endeavor he takes on he shines like the brightest star.

Love the audio of Anaheim. A concert to remember. All those songs and he was killing each one of them!

Thanks for those vids, Kizzi, I did watch live last night but, dang, didn’t tape it … such a thrill to see him on my TV again… and since that’s where most fans “discovered” David (and clearly the camera loves him), TV appearances can only win him more new fans, imo… and emmegirl, so true he did look every bit 20 — very cool duds, and kizzi I also loved that the director cut away a couple of times to fans who knew the words to his songs! 🙂

My hubby turned in early but said “wake me when Archie comes on” 🙂 so I did and when Elevator finished just as the credits rolled he was amazed at the timing and even more impressed when I explained that that wasn’t the natural end for the song, that David improvised all that. 🙂 🙂

Hadn’t realized that the lineup of performers was going to be young & hip too… I actually liked them all! (Although Mariah’s Auld Lang Syne was a bit (what’s the word?) strange! lol

I kept thinking, ringing out the year with TOSOD and ringing in 2011 with Elevator … my kind of perfect!!!

[oh & saw this comment at mj’s and had to share: “I can’t get over how amazing Elevator was! Love that song and I love it when David R&B’s the crap out of it. lol” 😆

Download New Year’s Eve Live mp3s HERE.

Happy New Year, all!

I was really hoping that David would get the crowd singing at the end of elevator…

Thaaaank you tofan for the mp3’s, yeah yeah yeaaah.

(love that in that TOSOD at 1 min mark)

53. jackryan4DA says:

Happy New Year SnowAngelz!

What I love best with David;s NYE performance, the HA! that he added in TOSOD – love sassy David 🙂

BTW, I posted more TheGrove of Anaheim vids. Quiteblanc was so generous to share her recordings

FALLING STARS COMPLETE

You may want to check the rest Angels, TFN, Complain, MKOP, STR @ TDC or @ my YT channel, ok?

Have fun, be merry but be safe y’all!

Awesome, thanks, JR!!!!

Here’s a pic of David & Alfredo from last night (from Alfredo’s fb via @lanick0602):
    David Archuleta and Alfredo

Just now watched the moTab press conference vid… he is really just too much isn’t he? sigh

• jackryan4DA says:

TOFan – for the MoTab PressCon, may I suggest the unedited raw footage from Fox13 version? Although I have the 3 versions up on YT – KSLNews ver; LDSNews ver (w/c is what you watched) & the Fox13UT ver. The last one (almost 30 minutes) has juicy bits Archies should not miss, esp the last 5 or so minutes of Part 2 🙂 Part 1 on the other hand reveals what songs may not have made it to TOSOD album, had David not pushed the launch date.

Part 1 MoTab PressCon Fox13 ver

Part 2 MoTab PressCon Fox13 ver

I may have posted this a couple of threads ago so sorry for the redundant posting but just making sure you guys do not miss anythingDavid 🙂

Seeing David on TV last night was the best way to end the year and ring in the new. When one can barely move their lips to talk in those freezing temps, he manages to belt out a soulful, wonderful rendition of a couple of songs. Way to go David. I don’t know how he does it, he sounded wonderful and looked amazing. He was the star of the night! Just loved his ‘HA’ he added in TOSOD too and all the sweet little extras in both songs.
    Great anticipation for the coming year and next September too….can’t wait to order the MoTab CD and DVD!
    Happy 2011 everyone, may your year be blessed with peace, joy, good will, good health, abundance and….that voice.

56. jackryan4DA says:

hehe – I have another comment awaiting moderation

57. jackryan4DA says:

SOS – is anyone still up? Can anyone help me and check TDC? I can’t load its page for hours now… even my gmail is acting up.

58. River says:

Bonuses to the stylist who helped David look … well… amazing. Yet it’s always his own style that comes through.

just happened to notice that David’s New Year’s Eve Live Elevator vid (from thop1984) is up to 3,974 views on YouTube already (& TOSOD up to 2,286), wooot! … and just read this on Kirsten Coachman’s “wait…what?” blog:

“Being the nerd that I am, I DVR’d three different New Year’s Eve specials to make sure I didn’t miss any music performances, and a surprise favorite of mine was David Archuleta’s performance on FOX’s New Year’s Eve Live of “The Other Side of Down.”

It was the first time I had heard the song ever, and it’s pretty dang catchy! I really enjoyed watching Archie just own the stage. He has definitely come a long way since his Idol days. I definitely want to check out his live show the next time he rolls into town.”

Read rest HERE.

🙂 🙂 🙂

Love the sweet reviews from NYE. TOfan, thanks for the MP3s!
    I’ve realized that there are few words left in the English language to describe David.
    Sometimes just basic, honest observations say it well. Came across this message from a ‘New Fan’ from 2009 in my ‘archives’. Always liked this comment:
    “This young dude is fantastic! I’m not surprised at all with the reception, and the level of hysteria these fans are expressing… He elicits this response in the young and old alike. David has a quiet power, a calm, understated – even se_y grace that belies a very powerful set of pipes that will knock you on your a_s, or bring you to your knees with its purity, and emotional resonance in your spirit. The best new voice in pop for decades, hands down. Yes, he’s being called “The New Cool”, because he doesn’t need those tired gimmicks and ginned up, old tricks of the bizz to get buzz… give him a song, a microphone, and a stage, and let him work his magic.”
    (used the blanks in a couple of words just for David). 🙂

Sometimes, all it takes is a live performance from David. Looking forward to him working his magic throughout 2011! (hope he gets some R & R first).

• awestruck says:

Peppertara – I love reading these “basic, honest observations ” David live is unstoppable IMHO… looking forward to many new fans coming under his ‘spell’

LOVE that, peppertara!!!

New post/thread/contest! & Vloggggg!

🙂