David Archuleta Asia update

(Awesome audio/Credit: pinkamech) [And MKOP with intro from booradleigh HERE.]

Just watched this video and am bursting with pride for a whole bunch of reasons:

1) Love this song (and the singer 🙂 )

2) Love to see David accompanying himself on MKOP for the first time in public.

3) Love the way he smiles when everyone starts to sing along.

4) Love the “shshshshsh” for quiet so everyone can hear David.

5) I even love the stumbles over the keys half way through. No, it’s not perfect, but it’s our kind of perfect, am I right?

— TOfan

Intro to TOSOD, love the origami gifts to David! To catch whole concert, watch Parts 1-9 of starafar’s vids HERE:

TOSOD with intro (starafar)

More amazingness from Singapore from pinkamech:

Elevator

Random singing about rain

Crush

SBL (credit: Sayusha08)

p.s. Here’s an update from JackRyan4DA on the Manila preparations for the upcoming ArchuInvasion (brought over from end of last thread). Thanks, JR!:

Here’s the sked:

16 Nov. (Tues.) – DA arrives MNL; Pinoy Archies will welcome him
– DA to hotel where another group of Pinoy Archies will also welcome him

From thereon, he will stay in the hotel to conduct the media rounds – radio/TV/1-on-1 interviews, special features, presscon, phoners, etc… till the afternoon of the 17th (Wed) for the Mall Show / M&G.

Just like in SG where he conducted 20 interviews in a day, his sked is a bit punishing here. I dunno how they can fit all the interviews scheduled for him and still have great voice for

17Nov (Wed) – Mall Show/M&G at 5 p.m. Lots of promo for this event. The whole ShoeMart Mall has tons of huge, gorgeous & strategically located posters/standees:

Regular Standees (big ones are 4x):
@archuletaphils Poster inside SM The Block. Guidelines for bu... on Twitpic

Regular Posters:
When will I see this around skydome? :( on Twitpic

Tickets:
@archuletaphils Bleacher tickets for @DavidArchie's show... on Twitpic

Pix of an ordinary stage set-up at SkyDome:
@NetteKulet hmmmmm eto na ung pinakaharap na experience ko ja... on Twitpic

Pinoy Archies will have T-shirts, key chains, and of course banners to greet, him! Goodness, I hope he sings CRAZY…

There are 2 types of passes available to watch David:

1. Buy TOSOD CD (Php435/$10++) at the SkyDome Gate. 1st 400 will get their CDs signed and seat at the floor seated section.

2. Buy 3 SM Eco bags (Php160/$3.75++). This is perfect for those who do not want to buy another CD but want to watch the show. However, no CD signing & they occupy the bleachers. We asked the booth ladies yesterday and they said ticket sales is brisk!

18 Nov. (Wed.) – DA leaves for the U.S.

Needless to say, we are all stoked, spazzing & giddy w/ excitement.

– JR here, sleepless in Manila

This entry was posted in Concert recap and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to David Archuleta Asia update

Yeah TOfan – Our Kind of Perfect.

JR – what a crazy schedule! Hope all goes well and am excited to hear the details!

hey Kizzi

• Kizzi says:

Hi Awestruck!! {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

This is why I so love you TOfan:

“Watching him playing and singing his own song, not a cover, and everyone loving it and wanting to sing along just seems so right, so meant to be … like a glimpse of singer-songwriter David of the future … a time when he’ll sing and play most, if not all, of his songs to even bigger crowds all singing or swaying along to every word. Sigh.”

Oh my heck MKOP is beautiful. It just hit me again today how truly beautiful that song is. It’s just so pure and heartfelt and real and beautiful and david. I can’t put it into words I just love it. And especially with the piano.

Excited for asian fans! The ones who’ve already seen him are amazingly happy and enthusiastic , it’s awesome! And to all the ones who will be seeing him shortly – soooo excited for you! It’s going to be AMAZING!

3. silverfox says:

Hi everyone!

I posted this on The Voice & I’m bringing it here as well.

“I just want to bring this up here & I hope jackryan4DA doesn’t mind. I just think everyone should know what an incredible woman she is. Not to mention one of the most devoted and inspiring fans of David. She does so much for us. She has incredible technical skills which she uses to bring us information we otherwise may not get as quickly as we do, or at all, because of her generosity in sharing. And that is my point in this…she SHARES. She doesn’t have to. JR is an Admin for another fan site, TDC. Yet she realizes, correctly IMO, that it’s ALL ABOUT DAVID, so she shares the information she tirelessly gathers with other fan sites. I just find that to be so incredibly generous from an incredibly loving & generous spirit. No other Admin with her expertise does this and I just wanted to thank her here.

A few weeks ago, JR & her children were involved in a traumatic experience which many of us would have become unglued and perhaps taken a long leave from this crazy fan world we are involved in. But instead, she kept on. She “put one foot in front of the other” and continued to give & share with us, while still making sure her children kept faith that there’s more good in humans than not. She is young enough to be my daughter but she is an inspiration to me. I may never meet her in person as she lives on the other side of the world, but if I could have one wish come true, it would not be for me to meet her, but it would be for her to meet and spend even a few precious moments with another kind, gentle, generous & loving spirit, David Archuleta.

Forgive me JR, if I’ve overstepped, but I just had to do this. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

SF, joining you in huge {{{{{{hugs}}}}} for JR! “Sharing is caring” as they say and no one shares & cares like JR.

I am so thrilled for you, JR, that David will be in Manila soon, I hope too that you get to meet and greet with this super dude for whom you’ve shown such unwavering love and support. (& am thankful in advance that you’ll share that experience with us too!) 🙂

• Kizzi says:

SF – {{{{Big Hugs}}}} Beautiful, poignant sentiments on JR’s exhaustive contributions to us cyber fans. Thanks. 😀

My, what a heartfelt, wonderful, incredible response from David’s fans in Singapore and what a sweet performance full of love from David. “Beaming with pride”….yes, me too!
    Thrilled to hear MKOP with David on piano! The little key glitches only made it more endearing…been waiting for that performance, sooo…lovely. Thank you David.
    I stayed up til the wee hrs to listen to the cellcast and what a great CCC it was!
    I thought at the time…why don’t they let David do at least a 45 min performance, he’s travelled so far….but then after reading about his “20 interviews a day” schedule, etc. I completely understand…no vocal rest there! I do hope he gets some rest!

It was all very special and I have to say to ….
    jackryan4DA…you deserve many, many thanks for your incredible amount of giving for all fans to enjoy. I am so glad that David is visiting your shores, enjoy every moment of it all! All the best to you and the many fans there, you are all very “awesome possum”. ❤

5. embe86 says:

Lovely post TOfan ❤ David deserves every scream, every spazz, every origami, everything for what he is and what he does. I'm so happy for the Asian fans.

Silverfox – I really, really have to agree with you. JR is such a generous, kind, warm, smart and lovely lady. She does everything she can and then some to make sure, that all fans of David get to listen/watch/experience him. If I ever meet David, I'm going to tell him about JR and how proud he should be to have a fan like her ❤

aww, here’s a Twitpic (@Zully_FOD) of David doing one of the Singapore interviews … with the jar of origami stars from the fans on the table!
    Melinda's pic with a beter lighting but not such a good ... on Twitpic

Woah new layout. Was doubting whether I was in the right place or not, haha.

8. jackryan4DA says:

Hi everyone!

DA Interview Pre-Showcase during Nokia N8 Launch

hey SAz!!! Computer issues are keepig me from watching the vids!!! 😦
    Hope to get it sorted out cause i want to hear and see **sigh**
    Love the love he is getting over there!

(((SF))) and (((JR)))
    JR can never be thanked enough IMO ….>>>> THANK YOU
    I truly adore David’s fans ((((((group hug))))))

TOfan, woah, it is really bright in here!!!! 🙂

lol, sorry, Ref, just testing out a new template, let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for that interview vid, JR. “He’s a man full of music” … love that!

So cool to see the DJs describing Elevator as a hit single, which of course it is in Singapore, clearly a land of exquisite taste in music!

Saw this vid by 0o0bluedots0o0 on Snarkies, beautiful!

very definitely Canadian with the red and white snowflakey border! Love it! Inquiring minds have a curiosity – art of WHAT? and I wonder what the symbol represents? Homework for all!

and yeah the sidebar is back. good work TOfan!

Oooooh I like the red. Very Canadian/Christmassy. And less blindingly white. Haha. Also loooooooooooove that video by 0o0bluedots0o0. People are SO talented with their video making abilities.

“My Day My Life” video with David on album release day … when he turns the camera to get the whole fruit plate? bahahahahaha

And it looks like he’s doing his vocal warmups into the phone… to Dean Kaelin maybe?

14. Abrra says:

Loving the new wallpaper and furniture 🙂

It’s so nice to see the support David is getting in Singapore. I wish he had more time to allow more fans a chance to witness his talent LIVE.

I want to share a comment from a Singapore fan who posted at The Voice. She goes by the screen name WowArchie.
    “After seeing David’s live show for the very first time, somehow something triggered a chemistry reaction in my brain!! I feel like a dancer wrapped in rainbow, tip-toeing and turning in circles non-stop in the forest for the past 25 hours(got nothing else better to do). Flowers blossom, butterflies dance, wood creatures sing and Snow White smiles next to me. ”

I think she is realizing what we all feel after we have spent time with David.

Abrra

15. archiesfan4life says:

Love all the redecorating!

An outstanding album review – http://www.linescratchers.com/?p=1661&cpage=1#comment-1491

According to Fans Of David someone sent a CD to this music critic asking him to review it…

Abrra, LOOOOOVE that!!!!!!!!!! Has she been reading my mind? 😆

Here’s @Larissa_SG’s audio of the Boy Thunder 91.3 interview in Singapore:
    Pt. 1:

Pt. 2

And her twitpics from her Singapore newspaper (click 2 enlarge):

@DavidArchie on The New Paper part 1 on Twitpic

@DavidArchie on The New Paper Part 2 on Twitpic

I can make this out from the 2nd one:
    No meltdowns
    Although he looks like a high-school kid, Archuleta has the kind of grown-up outlook on his career that has kept him away from the kind of public meltdowns that actress-singer Demi Lovato has been through. The pair toured the U.S. together for three months last summer. Lovato recently checked into a rehab facility to seek treatment for “emotional and physical issues.”

Archuleta would not give specifics when asked about Lovato’s troubles, but alluded to her possibly being unable to handle the pressures of fame.

He said: “It is tough to be in a situation where everyone is looking for your attention. That’s one of the most difficult things about being so high-profile. So many people want your attention, and you can’t give it to everyone. People even fight for it.”

He said he hasn’t spoken to Lovato in a while. “I think it’s something personal and it’s important to give space to her,” he said.
    Archuleta admitted that he, too, has bad days, but he has learnt to take them in his stride.

“I don’t think anyone ever always has super, perfect, happy life situations but you can still be happy with your life despite the challenges,” he said.

“The hardest moments are when you feel like you’re disappointing yourself, like when you feel you could have handled something better.”

But there won’t be any hotel room trashing from him.

“There’s always something good in each day and it’s important to pay attention to those things.”

• awestruck says:

Wow… words of wisdom to learn and live by, thank you David – especially this

“I listen to music or read,” he said. “I try to think about why I feel that way. Instead of just walking around with that thorn in my side, I’ll stop, find it and get it out.”

“I try to think about why I feel that way. Instead of just walking around with that thorn in my side, I’ll stop, find it and get it out.” <<<<More words of wisdom from the Archuleta, man. he is wise.

David is most definitely wise beyond his years, love his interviews…always. I can only imagine what wisdom he will be sharing by the time he is 25!
    It’s been a great couple of days, catching up on the latest with David. Have to smile at David’s incredibly sweet, speedy and efficient autograph signing. He’s got it down pretty good….making sure he gets to everyone in line with that precious few seconds of interaction….the signing, the smile, the thank you, the handshake or high five…a little something for everyone, think he’s perfected it! Love his speedwriting skills, haha.
    TOfan, love the new look. 🙂

new post/thread!