The write stuff

um, ya, just an excuse to post this pic again...

I received this very cool email in my inbox yesterday from the lovely Ms. Lorna and (with Lorna’s kind permission) wanted to share it with all of you:

There were so many players involved in David Archuleta’s writing sessions over the last few days that I lost track of who said what, so I thought I’d put the NYC tweets together to really appreciate what transpired.

Some comments might be out of order and I might have missed one or two, but you get the drift.  Every time David works with these professionals in the industry he earns more and more well-deserved respect.

Lorna

@djswivel Amazing session with @davidarchie @cjai @jremyofm today. BIG record!!

@JRemyOFM Just finished at the studio. Looooong day. Good song. All rooms rockin. @bobbybassofm @israelnufirm and even @janinaz was geekin out. 😉

@janinaz I gotta say @DavidArchie. Your song with @JRemyOFM & @BobbyBassOFM is so huge… *heart swell*

@JRemyOFM @ArchieFan15 haha he was great. we had a blast and wrote a great song. That boy can siiiiiiing!

@BobbybassOFM @ArchieOnIdol great sessions. What a talented and down to earth guy. We made a GREAT record. Vry happy

@cjai listening back 2 this record 2day…this guy…is a force to be reckoned with… david archuleta will be around for a long time #markmywords

@cjai man @davidarchie did such a great job… he’s ready to “fight for this” ya’ll haha hope you guys are!!

@cjai ok guys… i believe @davidarchie  is ready to “FIGHT” #rockwitit

Named Rolling Stone magazine’s Hot List Producers of 2008, Sam Hollander (left) and Dave “Sluggo” Katz have written for We The Kings, Metro Station, Katy Perry and *drumroll* the theme song from Snakes on a Plane.

@cjai i love being in the presence of REAL SINGING!!! he’s KILLIN!

@Khaled1985 @cjai i can hear him from the other room…. hes dope no doubt!

@cjai man i love this kid’s VOICE!!! [appreciate the compliment, but he’s a young man not a kid]

@cjai all you female david archuleta fans… you’re gonna LOOOOVE this record!! #ifeelit

@cjai @postalidol guys can relate to it too cuz its something u can sing to the females ya feel me?! yea man!

@cjai this guy @davidarchie ‘s voice is “TIMELESS”

@cjai david archuleta fans… you guys are AMAZINg! i can’t keep up with all of you BUT i see you all and i appreciate you ALL! its going gREAT!!! [YES WE ARE]

@cjai ladies and gentlemen… i believe we have us a song right here!

@perkyOFM studio with @jremyofm @bobbybassofm @DavidArchie @cjai and @djswivel !!!! Hot writing day!

@perkyOFM that’s right! @JRemyOFM @BobbyBassOFM @DavidArchie @cjai @khaled1985 @djswivel -3 different rooms, 3 different monsters! It’s on FIRE today!

@iglootracks @ArchieOnIdol awesome! Such a talent and personality to match

@natecompany @davidarchie is laying down the vocal. he is INSANELY good.

@leobre RT @IglooTracks Studio with David Archuleta! <– ur joking!!!!!! what!!!!

@leobre @IglooTracks that’s hugge man! He’s crazy talented. Represent!!

This entry was posted in Special event and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The write stuff

1. Pastel says:

Thanks for doing this Lorna. I get lost with it all. I need more columns on Tweetdeck obviously. Well done!!!

David converts people one at a time. Stereotypes and misconceptions are falling as we speak. We predicted it haha!

{{{Lorna}}} Thanks for this amazing list, so impressive when you see them all together! I was trying to decide which one was my favourite but I really can’t pick. This one gave me chills, tho’:

Bringing this over from end of last thread from Kizzi, too fun!

thanks TOfan, I like to keep these tweets in my DJA file, and you just saved me a whole lot of time!

Some of these writers much feel they have died and gone to heaven when working with “the voice.” Definitely not your garden variety, fo sho!

4. pabuckie says:

Just want to say THANKS to ToFan and Lorna for putting all those tweets together! It’s great to keep track and see them all like this. Hard to keep up sometimes, ya know! haha

Anyway, I love when David is in my neck of the woods – NYC – I could hop a subway and be in the heart of Manhattan in 15 min. but I would be looking up at every rooftop for him! lol

5. rosemary says:

Not my find, but brought it over. How do we get video of this??

BritWeek Gala Dinner Honoring Sir Richard Branson
    Featuring a Live Performance by David Archuleta
    Thursday, April 22 • The Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills

Thanks, Rosemary! I wonder if he’ll do Angels (a U.K. hit) for Sir Richard?)

Love the bio of David they used (David’s official website should “borrow” it!):

Live Performance by David Archuleta

When David Archuleta was sixteen years old he auditioned for American Idol, received his golden ticket and headed for Hollywood. He would then go on to win over the hearts of many and become runner up in Season 7. He first hit the music charts when the three songs he performed in the finale (Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me, In This Moment and Imagine) all debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. His versions of Longer, Think of Me and Angels also landed on Billboard’s Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart.

In July 2008, So You Think You Can Dance used David’s cover of Imagine by John Lennon as featured music for a Pas de deux performance. His self-titled album, David Archuleta, was released in November 2008 and debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. The album sold 183,000 copies the first week and quickly went Gold. His first single, Crush, has sold over 1.83 million copies since. Christmas from the Heart was released to rave reviews in October 2009 and is certain to become a Holiday Classic.

David was pleasantly surprised when he was approached to do a Memoir on his journey in life so far! Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance will be released in June 2010. He is currently writing music for his next Album and looking forward to its release this summer.

A staunch supporter of humanitarian endeavors, David is very involved with many Charities, especially those with an emphasis on helping Children around the World.

This is interesting Lorna! Thank you for putting it together…. David has been working so hard lately. New music is getting closer!!!! He is impressing the socks off of all these peeps he has been working with:)

Hope beyond hope that there will be vid (or at least audio) of the Gala thing.

ToFan… that is a great bio…. seems silly that the official site has nothing????? I never go there but probably new fans do…there are so many better places to get David info (like right here) **pats TOfans back**

8. JEB says:

refnaf and anyone else who might have ideas about David’s official website – FansofDavid had a post up looking for suggestions for that sight. Seems “someone” might look at the feedback. It was posted 1-2 days ago so go to FOD give your feedback!

Thanks for the heads up, Jeb!

Speaking of NYC songwriting sessions, @foreveralive must’ve caught David on a break:

nyc fan photo