Congratulations, David!

CONGRATS, DAVID!!!

David Archuleta a little too not over winning the Year in Music Rising Male Star Award at the 2009 Almas.

David Archuleta a little too not over winning the Year in Music Rising Male Star Award at the 2009 ALMAs.

Kudos from famous … and royal … Canadians!

Prime Minister Stephen Harper: "Way to go, David!"

Prime Minister Stephen Harper: "Way to go, David!"

"I royally declare, DavidArchie, FTW!"

"I royally declare, DavidArchie, FTW!"

Canadian Tire's Sandy McTire: "Congrats, laddie!"

Canadian Tire's Sandy McTire: "Congrats, laddie!"

(Video waytokim)

With you at a distance (Contigo en la distancia)
There’s no such moment of the day
That could drift you apart from me
The world seems different
When you’re not by my side.

There’s no beautiful song
In which you don’t appear
I don’t want to listen to it
If you don’t.

You have become
Part of my heart
Nothing comforts me anymore
If you’re not by my side.

Far beyond your lips
Of the sun and of the stars
With you at distance
My beloved one, I am.

With you, I am.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Congratulations, David!

baawwaaahhh, too funny, all our lovely Canadian “dignitaries” love the Archuleta. I am so proud and happy for David. I literally could not breathe during the entire performance. It is now safely on my Dpod and will be my lulllaby for tonight… aahhhh.

Every time I watch it, I find something new to love. The subtle build from tenderness to passion, the smoldering intensity, the caressing of each note, I can’t stop watching.

And such a gutsy move to sing in Spanish in front of that crowd … and he blew them away. Apparently, Salma Hayek leapt to her feet. And when Salma likes you, watch out world!

I am incoherent right now…

Masterful David masterful

I just feel lucky to be a David fan.

Thank you David!

And thank you Canada and all the TPTB in Canada who cherish David’s music. 🙂

Kizzi – “This performance wrapped around my soul with a warm hug. And, I don’t even understand Spanish.”

Oh my, yes! I cried when I read you description of Mr. K’s reaction to hearing David sing CELD.

6. conditioner says:

Oh TOFan you are amazing!!!Great coverage of ‘the event’. I was left speechless with that performance, and so proud to be a David fan. Wow, he truly was in his element wasn’t he!! I have watched it over and over, and he just had such a confidence about him. Unbelievable night!!