Music reborn

Spring is upon us.

Life. Death. Rebirth.

From the smallest cell to the largest star, the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth is repeated. The rising of the sun at dawn, the blazing heat of midday, the setting sun … everything must die to rise again.

This cycle is part of the continuous process of change; the ebb and flow of both the material and the spiritual world. Rebirth is recurrent in the teachings of the major religions, and in science, philosophy, mythology, nature … and music.

Many of us have experienced rebirth in our own lives, both with and without music. But many of us here are united in a large part due to a musical rebirth. The instrument? The voice of David Archuleta.

Photo: Calgary's Gengen

Through David’s music, some have been reborn to the joys and power of music. A power that soothes babies, satisfies passions, inspires armies; offers catharsis, triggers memories; rekindles loves, offers peace and joy; and improves the quality of our lives. Music has the power to draw us into the present or to relive the past; it makes us feel connected. Music provides the harmonies of the senses that lead to the harmonies of the soul.

For some, the connections and harmonies found in David’s music spark a reawakening to old favorites … music of times past and the memories that live there. This is a voice that reminds us of what we have forgotten; it breathes new life into our hearts. To revisit our youth we call to mind our old 45s and LPs. We find that our rebirth leads us to reacquire these dusty gems via iTunes or by downloading mp3s and mp4s. We have been revived by the treasure trove that is YouTube.

Still others have experienced renewal through a reintroduction to pop music. A music they were either never fond of or had long since given up on. Some haven’t listened to pop music in decades, or were always more Bob Dylan groupies or the Bach and Beethoven crowd. But extraordinary music cuts through genres, and David’s voice is extraordinary. This is a voice that makes us hear music as if for the first time; it awakens our hearts. We float on the river of melody, and hear the words as if they are sung only to us.

happy

Reprinted with permission of the happy author.

Credit: Juan M./Snarky Archies

This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Music reborn

1. pabuckie says:

Everything written here is so true. David’s music has rekindled my love for music – old & new — and it’s helped me in just the daily difficulties called LIFE!! His Voice and Music is so passionate that one cannot help but be MOVED! His way of connecting with his audience is so strong. I hope he continues to reach others with his Voice as it is the purest sound I’ve ever heard and can be healing, soothing, joyous & passionate all at the same time. We are the recipients of a special young man and his gift. Thanks for this beautiful article, Happy! May everyone have a Happy Easter!!

Beautiful and authentic words about a beautiful and authentic musician by the beautiful and authentic happy.

What’s the Canadian sports term for that?

Hat Trick!

Love ya’ happy.

3. SandyBeaches says:

happy…That was a lovely writing. You hit home with a number of your thoughts and that is so refreshing.

Kizzi…Canada is about ready to adopt you because once you have ‘hat tricks’ and the ‘eh’ down pat and in your vocabulary, then there is no turning back…

Happy Easter Snow Angelz and yes spring, my tulips and a family gathering are upon us once again.

SB

{{{Happy}}} “The music of David Archuleta has been an instrument of our rebirth and for this, we listen with grateful hearts.” Yes, yes, and YES!

Just got back from the cemetery where my husband and I left flowers for his parents, who passed away last fall. Without planning it, as we drove slowly through taking in all the markers for lives lost, Angels, then When You Believe, then Think of Me played from an old CD I’d forgotten was in the player. But it wasn’t sad at all. It was just as you wrote here:

“Music has the power to draw us into the present or to relive the past; it makes us feel connected. Music provides the harmonies of the senses that lead to the harmonies of the soul.” So beautiful, Happy, thank you!

Happy Easter, everybody!

Breaking book signing news:
    From Snarkies:
    Tues., June 1st, Ridgewood, N.J., Bookends Bookstore

From Twitter:
    @327dauta: David Archuleta Chords of Strength book signing June 02, 7:00 PM Manhattan, New York, NY at Borders

From Barnes & Noble:
    Sat. June 5, 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, Mall of America, Bloomington, Minnesota

Thanks Sandy. I’m honored.

Let’s see if this works *fingers crossed*

Skiing

kizzi, LOLOLOLOL

I think I remember that guy from the Olympics, eh! 😆

(Have my fingers crossed for book tour stops north of the border!)

True, true true, Happy. “extraordinary music cuts through genres, and David’s voice is extraordinary”

(((SB))) I agree > Kizzi must be Canadian… lol hat trick indeed!!!

♥TOfan> Amazing when and where David’s music pops up with a healing touch!

Easter blessings to all! We are enjoying the summer weather here! Sat outside and had a BBQ yesterday with the family, very nice!

MR Archuleta> Book tour in Canada, please??

Click on picture for a surprise. 🙂

yay Kizzi!! I loved it! WOOt Thank you !!

10. happy says:

back from the vigil mass….. Happy Easter to all my friends here at SnowAngelz and to all celebrating the joy of the risen Lord today and everyday! 🙂

11. jackryan4DA says:

During this drought, I go back to reviewing Archie vids I have not seen 2x LOL

Otherwise I rely on my chill-out piano or acoustic collection. I’d like to share one that has been on repeat:

FIELDS OF GOLD by KEVIN KERN on PIANO

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Funny thing is, this is instrumental but for every tinkle & clink of the ivories, I feel David’s voice. My heart rides the waves of the melody leaving me smiling and relaxed. Then, in the more emotional parts, I hear each note caressed by David’s voice. And that’s when I miss him the most… 🙂

Happy Easter everyone!

Aww, such cool Easter gifts! Thanks for the puzzle, Kizzi! And your lovely words (and brownies! 🙂 ) Happy! And that beautiful FOG instrumental, JR! We do miss him, don’t we?

Here’s my contribution, as recommended to me by Amy, Richmond My Hands with a knockout a capella ending (David’s voice somehow coming back after he completely lost it after the 1st show of his solo tour). Happy Easter everyone!

13. Angelica says:

“The recording industry will hopefully find itself refreshed by the rebirth in music that David Archuleta’s artistry represents; a return to musicianship, to technique; a return to restraint; a return to beauty in mainstream music.

As a community we are fortunate to be standing not toward the end of the continuum but at the beginning. The music of David Archuleta has been an instrument of our rebirth and for this, we listen with grateful hearts.”

Beautifully said, happy. I believe he does represent a rebirth for many of us and a real opportunity for the music industry to get it right again at last. Thanks for this lovely post and Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring to all here at SnowAngelz!

@IdolsNow started a Twitter frenzy tonight when they tweeted the following:

Which former finalist is returning to Idol Wednesday night to sing a Lennon-McCartney song? We’re sworn to secrecy at the moment.

We wish we could announce this Wednesday’s Idol guest but we were told in confidence. Til Fox makes the announcement, we have to refrain…

Followed by these hints:

IT’S SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN WATCHING “AMERICAN IDOL” SINCE SEASON 1.

It’s someone who has been interviewed by IdolsNow’s Fred Bronson.

It’s someone with at least two vowels in their last name (maybe more).

My guess is Daughtry doing Revolution. (Do NOT want to get my hopes up.)

15. betsy says:

Happy that was beautiful. Every word.
    “We float on the river of melody”
    Are you kidding me? Who writes like that? That alone should be bronzed.
    Thank you for a beautiful ending to a beautiful Easter.
    Glad you are here Happy. I think about you often. You remind me of Susan Isaacs, only better.

Thank you Happy, for that very beautiful post. Loved every word of it. It flowed like David’s voice during a love song. “We listen with grateful hearts” oh yes we do!
    The IdolsNow Twitter buzz is acraze with hopeful fans during a drought! I am putting out hope that it will be David on the show on Wednesday but I am also willing to accept the consequences if it is not, lol. They did mention David’s interview with IdolsNow (and not anyone else’s) and in the interview they did ask him about season one. Subtle clue? Wishful thinking I guess. Will wait and see.
    Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.