David Archuleta vlogs are love

I stumbled across this old post and it made me wistful and hopeful and in a good place … I think you guys know what I mean… what’s your favourite David vlog?

*************

I’m on vacation but HAD to check in and watch David’s vlog again. I think it’s one of my favourites. Here’s why:

Spooky dark background. Reminds me he does these on the fly, no set designer or pre-planning. If there happens to be dark lighting or a “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall” or weird buzzing noise or dressing room toilet in the background, no matter.

His YouTube “More info” and tags:

theofficialarchuleta β€” May 01, 2010 β€” I apologize for the lighting. Had a good week of writing! I have the weekend off in LA so I’ll be spending time with some friends. Back to work on Monday. Took a cab drive which was pretty expensive, left my suitcase in the trunk, and took the Metro for my first time to go back. Fun week πŸ™‚

Category: People & Blogs
Tags:
Why do I enjoy these so much? To me, they’re another little window into the fascinating, quirky Escher-drawing workings of David’s creative mind.

How excited he is for us to hear his new music. It occurred to me that that’s not something he can share the same way with his inner circle, because he probably wouldn’t want to sound boastful or self-absorbed … but that now he knows and understands how much we are cheering him on and want to share and celebrate in each new song … heck, each new anything!

His penchant for penny-pinching. This is on the list because it’s like the one thing about him that isn’t perfect, which in itself makes him more perfect! Cracks me up to no end.

David the commuter. Getting his $1.25 ticket1 and hopping the train to work? How cool is that? I picture him carrying a travel mug filled with some almond milk smoothie, a copy of Billboard tucked under one arm.

He has the weekend off to hang with friends. πŸ™‚

Cinco de Mayo2 Man. I don’t know a lot about the holiday, but I was fortunate enough to be in Mexico for it one year and I know one important thing … it’s FUUUNNNN!Β  And, apparently Los Angeles has the largest Cinco de Mayo street fair in the world, so he is in for BIG fun! Take a mid-week day off, David, you so deserve it!!!

So, which vlog is your all-time fave?

1. Hey, wait a minute, our subway costs twice that????

P.S.
How have I never seen this??? #fanfail
This entry was posted in Fan experience and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to David Archuleta vlogs are love

1. amb4da says:

“Livin’ my life like it’s golden, livin’ my life like it’s goldennnn”, complete with jazzy head bobbing and that funny little smiling face in the dark. That’s the first one to fly into my mind, before I realized that I think that’s the same one you are talking about. That still makes me smile every time…the head-bobbin’, the giddy good mood, while in NYC recording TOSOD. Also have a soft spot for the first, almost painfully shy, sweet one, with “Think of Me” playing softly in the background. David’s vlogs…I always would wait, just knowing at some point he’d make me burst our LOL. πŸ™‚

2. amb4da says:

oops burst “out” LOL.

3. amb4da says:

Oh. (sorry not meaning to spam but), no not same as yours above, it’s this one:

Lovely day, Lovely day….yea, yea, yea, yea yea yea yeaaaaaah. Haaha. Yea. that one. πŸ™‚

4. betsy says:

It’s really hard to choose a favorite, I have so many. Sister 1 and sister 2 is a top fave.
    But I still can’t get this one out of my head. β™₯

I’ve enjoyed each and every blog. Candy for the soul. I think the “mirror mirror on the wall” one was so memorable for that little slice of quirky humor.

This isn’t a blog but this is my favorite interviews…right after Billboard concert at Foxwoods:

And his Paul O’Grady Show interview in the UK….loved the comments on YT: “He has a contagious smile. ALL the time, but especially here. <3," "Gosh he is super freakin delicious!," "I really want him to come to Sweden!," "OMG! that shirt is showing them PUURRFECTTTT musclesss!! eeeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!! lol"

Ack!!! What fun!!! This is one of my top faves… for obvious reasons….Can’t wait to watch everyone’s faves!!!

7. Archugeezer says:

One of my favorites was filled with a mention of a walk on the beach, Duke the Dog, that fact that he was hungry, and very sparkly eyes. The best part was the hair dilemma and when he actually asked fans for advice about what to do with it (not that we’re obsessed with his hair). πŸ™‚

you’re right, so sparkly! *sniff* All I can say is GO, LUPE! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• missbianca says:

Ack! My other favorite! But you know what’s really my most favoritest favorite? It’s the one I see in my head that he makes first upon his return home. I can’t wait for that one!

ackkkkkk I think when I get that tweet on my phone I will need to rush to a private place to have a meltdown… then maybe watch it hours later after I stop hyperventilating 😯

8. roxfox says:

http://youtu.be/Mu0yWzdp1ZA love his reaction to his billboard. That would be pretty trippy! And that they drove past it a ‘few’ times.

9. oliveoil says:

I like the one where he tried to smack his sister haha.

me too!

also love the comments on it:

“I wish he’s my brother… okay I’m not gonna lie, I wish he’s my husband.”

“Hes so different hes real besides being famous”

“It’s weird, David is 21 but he look younger, and his sisters are young, but they look older… πŸ˜€ ”

“you still keep me smiling even after you’ve been gone pretty long. love you david! miss you lots xx”

“you don’t go around… what?? you should have let her finish!! XD i bet it’s something embarrassing.. >:D

“My future sister-in-laws πŸ™‚ “

10. newangel2 says:

There was one where he talked about hanging out with Kendra’s family on tour and then he mentioned a cute baby of one of the band members (I think). I remember the way he said “baby” was so adorable. I can’t figure out how to find it. It must’ve been from his first solo tour… Can anyone help me?

11. newangel2 says:

Puffy Cheeks B Gone is another funny, hyper one… dropping the keyboard, talking about his cheeks and P90X. Lol, good times.